jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

Re: [Mod] i3 [1.0] [i3]

by jp » Post

SFENCE wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 09:25
Maybe a bug:

In default minetest game, I see in i3 recipes recipe for getting cotton seeds by digging wild cotton. But there is no visible recipe for getting farming:cotton from wild cotton by digging.
This ain't a bug. The wild cotton never drops cotton actually.

SFENCE
GitHub: SFENCE
In-game: SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

jp wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 00:25
SFENCE wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 09:25
Maybe a bug:

In default minetest game, I see in i3 recipes recipe for getting cotton seeds by digging wild cotton. But there is no visible recipe for getting farming:cotton from wild cotton by digging.
This ain't a bug. The wild cotton never drops cotton actually.
Yeah. Sorry. you're right. I have seen wild cotton dropping cotton in the farming redo (it works with farming redo).
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Is there a way, how to add custom fuel-like recipes to i3 recipes?
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

jp
Banned

by jp » Post

SFENCE wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 17:37
Read the API. Everything is there.

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

jp wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 20:27
SFENCE wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 17:37
Read the API. Everything is there.
I see no example of registering a fuel-like recipe in the API file.
When I try to register a recipe without results (like fuel) it says error:

Code: Select all

2021-03-30 07:08:11: ERROR[Main]: i3.register_craft: output missing
So I see no way to add a custom fuel-like recipe.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

wsor4035
GitHub: wsor4035
IRC: wsor
In-game: wsor

by wsor4035 » Post

filed a issue https://github.com/minetest-mods/i3/issues/18 related to craft guides for recipes that use minetest.itemstring_with_palette in there output
j5uBLfc6NxgersvVj5D5dIsiKDkoQb0o

jp
Banned

Re: [Mod] i3 [1.1] [i3]

by jp » Post

Update: i3 1.1 released!

Changelog:
  • Some UI design improvements
  • Added support for Waypoints (screenshot)
  • Changed the shift-click behavior (items go to the crafting grid now)
  • A lot of bugfixes
Get it on ContentDB: https://content.minetest.net/packages/jp/i3/
Last edited by jp on Sat May 01, 2021 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

This is the first time I've seen an actually working scrollbar in a mod's formspec!

Merak

by Merak » Post

It is letting the player teleport, even if he does not have the teleport privilege. I don't want players to be able to teleport. It would be nice to be able to deny teleportation.

jp
Banned

by jp » Post

Merak wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 14:06
It is letting the player teleport, even if he does not have the teleport privilege. I don't want players to be able to teleport. It would be nice to be able to deny teleportation.
Players are only able to teleport if they have the creative privilege or if the world is in creative mode.

Merak

by Merak » Post

Checking the 'creative' privilege is better than nothing, but wouldn't the 'teleport' privilege correspond best?

jp
Banned

Re: [Mod] i3 [1.2] [i3]

by jp » Post

Update: i3 1.2 released!

The interface is now unified between the inventory and the item list/crafting guide. You don't need to switch tabs to access the item list.

Please note that i3 provides an API to register new tabs.

Merak wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:15
Checking the 'creative' privilege is better than nothing, but wouldn't the 'teleport' privilege correspond best?
Changed that to teleport check also.
Last edited by jp on Sun Jun 27, 2021 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

daret
GitHub: daretmavi
In-game: Daretmavi

by daret » Post

Hi,

now, after I change the skin, the focus changes to search field.

Is it possible to let the focus on the skins combo box?
It is much easier to go through skins with keyboard arrow keys.

u34

by u34 » Post

awesome that u add waypoint support.

maybe you can add day / night buttons like same function as in unified_inventory?
you need therefore the settime privilege ...

sethome / home / spawn function buttons would be also a great feature...

Vindelle_Pounze

^

by Vindelle_Pounze » Post

I think I have some more feedback. Maybe it's questions or 'complaints', though.
As I had some problems with my minetest (both the "official" 5.4.1 my distribution provides and the self compiled dev version from git) sometimes freezing when I end my session (like I just quit the game but the game window just did not close and just a 'hard-kill' helps) I tried to figure out what mod might cause this.
As this new inventory mod was the latest I added to my mostly being the same collection of mods, it was obviously the first one I suspected. Without having any real proof, it felt like the 'freezing-problem' seemed to have vanished when not using it.
This actually is not what I wanted to tell here, but my 'problems' stem from this. When I change my inventory from your one to other ones (tried standard sfinv and "smartfs inventory") there is problems with the changed size of inventory. Your inventory mod seems to change some internal stuff permanently, so that the player's inventory is not "default" anymore.

After I changed the inventory mod to either none (default provided) or 'smartfs-inv mod', I did pick up stuff that did go to my already stuffed inventory...but I could neither see nor access that stuff (because it was in inventory slots which just do not exist aside from your mod).
I could, though, access those picked up items again, after changing my inventory back to the one provided by your mod.

What do I want to say, though?
I think your inventory is a really good one, I like lots of what it offers. It has a f***ng nice UI, lots of QOL stuff and is still responsive (contrary to my personal experiences with the "old standard", unified inventory).
But, and this could be a "no matter how 'nice' this is" huge NO. If I am "forced" to stick to this inventory mod, or just have to live with other mods are not fully compatible afterwards, this in my opinion contradicts the whole purpose of how minetest is meant to be (free and stuff).
In a way I just do not get why you are going this "special approach" with inventory size. As you mentioned yourself, it is not compatible with the "today standard everything" (like chests' inventory for example).
What is wrong with not expanding the inventory without any good reason in the first place (again, I DO like more storage space...but not when it breaks all the other stuff that exists for a long time)?
Why is it necessary to extend the inventory in this 'unusual way' (instead of just doing 'the good old: "you have that backpack, when you "activate it" you have more inventory space" - and nothing already existing and working would break')?
I think my main message is this:
Please add the following information to the "notes" part of the o-post in the forums and generally to the 'readme' or whatever description of your mod: "If you install this mod you may or may not be able to change back to any other inventory mod; at least not without some restrictions and as of now it is likely that you cannot access at least four(three?) slots of your inventory if you do change your inventory in an existing world!"

jp
Banned

by jp » Post

Thanks for your feedback and for sharing your feelings about this mod.

I'm not able to reproduce your client freezing but I'll definitely investigate this.

About the inventory size: no, it's not going to change, I don't care what other mods do, they are inferior to i3 in every way and people should start adapting their mods to a 9-slots wide inventory. This might take years, but it'll eventually get there.

MTG storages/inventory are not "standard" by any means. The real standard is Minecraft and I'm convinced that 9-slots wide like your keyboard is the right thing to do.

wsor4035
GitHub: wsor4035
IRC: wsor
In-game: wsor

by wsor4035 » Post

re chests, other items in game that show inventory i have been working on these..... i will post photos if wanted
j5uBLfc6NxgersvVj5D5dIsiKDkoQb0o

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

In the new Versin my minetest lag really. And i find the two tabs better. Can you do this again?

jp
Banned

by jp » Post

debiankaios wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 05:37
In the new Versin my minetest lag really.
Okay? And what I'm gonna do with this information? You don't go to the doctor just saying "I feel sick", right?

Please provide more details.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

jp wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 18:02
You don't go to the doctor just saying "I feel sick", right?
Well actually …

jp
Banned

by jp » Post

@Vindelle_Pounze

I believe I fixed the "freezing" issue on shutdown. Check the last commit and see if it's still happening: https://github.com/minetest-mods/i3/arc ... s/main.zip

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

jp wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 18:02
debiankaios wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 05:37
In the new Versin my minetest lag really.
Okay? And what I'm gonna do with this information? You don't go to the doctor just saying "I feel sick", right?

Please provide more details.
It lag because thne Window is now really big, and there are now only one tab is. The old 2-tabsystem was better i mean!

jp
Banned

by jp » Post

According to my tests, it always takes <1 ms to generate a formspec with LuaJIT, so I don't know what you mean by "lag"...

The 2-tabs system was less convenient as it required one click more to access the item list and there were constant goings and comings betwen the inventory and the item list. And the "window" is no bigger than Unified Inventory.

daret
GitHub: daretmavi
In-game: Daretmavi

by daret » Post

jp wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 22:11
About the inventory size: no, it's not going to change, I don't care what other mods do, they are inferior to i3 in every way and people should start adapting their mods to a 9-slots wide inventory. This might take years, but it'll eventually get there.

MTG storages/inventory are not "standard" by any means. The real standard is Minecraft and I'm convinced that 9-slots wide like your keyboard is the right thing to do.
Why is 9-slots better then anything else? Only because of Minecraft?
I thought Minetest is not Minecraft clone and is doing things his way.

What do you thing will happen when new user (not programmer, just user) will come and try this inconsistency?

I don't really care how many slots there are, but it should be consistent between mods (or configurable).

jp
Banned

Re: [Mod] i3 [1.3] [i3]

by jp » Post

Update: i3 1.3 released!

Changelog:
  • Items can be sorted by category (with tabs).
  • Similar items are grouped and hidden into a single expandable item button. This allows to reduce the inventory list size (particularly with moreblocks, which is supported). You can disable the item compression with i3_item_compression = false in minetest.conf
  • More stability, polish and bugfixes.