[Mod] Farming Plus [farming_plus]

User avatar
Casimir
Member
 
Posts: 1161
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 16:59
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:14

PilzAdam wrote:You have a old version.

Ups.

I already made some bread. Like your mod.
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam
 

User avatar
Calinou
Moderator
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 14:26
Location: Troyes, France
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Wed Aug 15, 2012 13:24

The big pumpkin needs its own specific textures. It looks horrible with Misa's pack as you can see. :P
Image

Also, you can place crops on sides of farmland, which is a bug, as shown here:
Image

[EDIT]: it'd be nice if you could use pumpkins/scarecrows as a furnace fuel, too.
 

Spots
Member
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:12
Location: Outta my mind someplace.

by Spots » Wed Aug 15, 2012 15:45

hit another error

11:40:52: ERROR[EmergeThread]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: LuaError: error: ...38b465-win32\bin\..\mods\minetest\farming/rubber.lua:136: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'anz' (a nil value)
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Wed Aug 15, 2012 15:50

Spots wrote:hit another error

11:40:52: ERROR[EmergeThread]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: LuaError: error: ...38b465-win32\bin\..\mods\minetest\farming/rubber.lua:136: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'anz' (a nil value)

http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=37868#p37868
PilzAdam wrote:This is a bug. Ive updated the link of the second version.
 

Spots
Member
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:12
Location: Outta my mind someplace.

by Spots » Wed Aug 15, 2012 16:50

Calinou wrote:The big pumpkin needs its own specific textures. It looks horrible with Misa's pack as you can see. :P
Image

Also, you can place crops on sides of farmland, which is a bug, as shown here:
Image

[EDIT]: it'd be nice if you could use pumpkins/scarecrows as a furnace fuel, too.

yea looks like it is rotting and yes we need something to do with the pumpkin after carving i cant just add a light to it and keep stacking them around the map it's starting to look like Halloween Town , maybe a cooking to make pumpkin pies to heal up 2-4 hearts
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam
 

User avatar
Echo
Member
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 08:11
Location: Germany

by Echo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 20:07

I really like this mod.

Seems the dependency "default" and "bucket" isn't enough for version 0.4.1. Crafting wool out of strings results in unknown item.
No problem with 0.4.2 RC1 (wool mod included).
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Wed Aug 15, 2012 22:10

Echo wrote:I really like this mod.

Seems the dependency "default" and "bucket" isn't enough for version 0.4.1. Crafting wool out of strings results in unknown item.
No problem with 0.4.2 RC1 (wool mod included).

Thanks for the hint.
 

leo_rockway
Member
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 20:37

by leo_rockway » Thu Aug 16, 2012 04:33

Great mod here!! I just tested the changes. I'm yet to find a rubber tree, hehe. I'll keep looking.

Just one suggestion: making the crops (or weed) disappear when the farming soil underneath is mined would probably be a good idea.

Also, I loved the scarecrows! I think that it would be neat to actually scare mobs away once we get proper mobs =]

EDIT:
Another thing: the buckets of rubber are missing tooltips.
Last edited by leo_rockway on Thu Aug 16, 2012 04:48, edited 1 time in total.
Try Skyblock for MineClone 2
Listen to this sound and music pack!
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:12

leo_rockway wrote:Great mod here!! I just tested the changes. I'm yet to find a rubber tree, hehe. I'll keep looking.

Just one suggestion: making the crops (or weed) disappear when the farming soil underneath is mined would probably be a good idea.

Also, I loved the scarecrows! I think that it would be neat to actually scare mobs away once we get proper mobs =]

EDIT:
Another thing: the buckets of rubber are missing tooltips.

All the other buckets (water, lava) dont have tooltips but i can add them if you want.
 

Belgac
Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 15:27
Location: Brussels, Belgium

by Belgac » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:21

Why not use something similar to the plant aging library (see link in my signature) for making your plant grow and mature instead of each plant having a separated grow abm in a separated LUA file?

I don't mean that you need to use plant aging but at least create a central function on wich each plants rely, so when you improve growing it directly affects all plant from your mod.
Contributor: Plant aging library
Creator: (soon)
 

madarexxx
Member
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 06:49

by madarexxx » Fri Aug 17, 2012 05:51

What about anything like AntiWeed? Or at least any good application for it?
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)
 

User avatar
RealBadAngel
Member
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 16:30

by RealBadAngel » Fri Aug 17, 2012 06:59

leo_rockway wrote:
Another thing: the buckets of rubber are missing tooltips.


Indeed missing, but it shouldnt be called rubber yet, its caoutchouc. When cooked it shall give rubber.
 

User avatar
Casimir
Member
 
Posts: 1161
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 16:59
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Sat Aug 18, 2012 20:23

I really like your mod, it adds a lot of fun to minetest. But there were some things that I changed at my version. I don't think these changes are necessary, but I like it more that way.
The changes:
- weed drops nothing
- wheat_seed = wheat_harvested, just like in the real world. This saves slots in your inventory and you can decide if you plant or eat it.
- everything grows slower
- cottonplants drop the cotton of the Flower-mod by VanessaE.
9 cotton ---> wool
2 wool ---> 4 strings
4 strings ---> 2 wool
Code: Select all
-- the cotton of VanessaEs "flowers"
minetest.register_craftitem(":flowers:cotton", {
    description = "Cotton",
    image = "flowers_cotton.png",
})

minetest.register_craftitem("farming:string", {
    description = "String",
    inventory_image = "farming_string.png",
})

minetest.register_craft({
    output = "wool:white",
    recipe = {
            {"flowers:cotton", "flowers:cotton", "flowers:cotton"},
            {"flowers:cotton", "flowers:cotton", "flowers:cotton"},
            {"flowers:cotton", "flowers:cotton", "flowers:cotton"}
            }
})

minetest.register_craft({
    output = "wool:white 2",
    recipe = {
            {"farming:string", "farming:string"},
            {"farming:string", "farming:string"},
            }
})

minetest.register_craft({
    output = "farming:string 4",
    recipe = {{"wool:white", "wool:white"}}
})
 

leo_rockway
Member
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 20:37

by leo_rockway » Sat Aug 18, 2012 21:10

I think Casimir's changes are sensible. +1 for them.
Try Skyblock for MineClone 2
Listen to this sound and music pack!
 

User avatar
Echo
Member
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 08:11
Location: Germany

by Echo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:12

Casimir wrote:[...]
The changes:
- weed drops nothing
[...]


Except that, I like the changes. I think you should have a way to get seeds out of gameplay, not just by the "give"-command. Or you get the seeds out of chests in dungeons, to encourage you to go for expeditions.
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:35

madarexxx wrote:What about anything like AntiWeed? Or at least any good application for it?

Added that weed dont appear near scarecrows.
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:35

RealBadAngel wrote:
leo_rockway wrote:
Another thing: the buckets of rubber are missing tooltips.


Indeed missing, but it shouldnt be called rubber yet, its caoutchouc. When cooked it shall give rubber.

Renamed it, but cooking is still a problem because you cant get the bucket back when you cook it.
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:39

Casimir wrote:- weed drops nothing

In this point i agree to Echo. I use weed as fuel because i have a lot of it.
Casimir wrote:- wheat_seed = wheat_harvested, just like in the real world. This saves slots in your inventory and you can decide if you plant or eat it.

Hmmmmm... Let me think about this.
Casimir wrote:- everything grows slower

I will add this.
Casimir wrote:- cottonplants drop the cotton of the Flower-mod by VanessaE.
9 cotton ---> wool
2 wool ---> 4 strings
4 strings ---> 2 wool

Nope. I dont want dependencies in this mod. Also the new throwing mod uses the strings from my mod.
 

User avatar
Bas080
Member
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 15:54
Location: Netherlands
GitHub: bas080
IRC: bas080
In-game: bas080

by Bas080 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:34

I have been lobbying for working farming mod for a while. Now it's here 4 realz:)

I find it a pity that there are no wild versions of the crops spawned in the level. My plants mod can help you spawn these plants in the map. That way you can gain seeds from wild versions of the plant. Which is much more common then finding them in grass.

I have updated the harvest mod to plants mod and removed crops capabilities. Farming is your problem now :P

Btw, Nice sprites ;) If i get to it I’ll update them a bit more.
Last edited by Bas080 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
Casimir
Member
 
Posts: 1161
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 16:59
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Sun Aug 19, 2012 16:21

PilzAdam wrote:Nope. I dont want dependencies in this mod.

No dependencies. The posted code registers "flowers:cotton" by it's own. So it works with, and without the Flowermod.
 

madarexxx
Member
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 06:49

by madarexxx » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:53

PilzAdam, IRL we can make humus from weed. What about adding humus in your mod? Just like fertilizer-use it for fast growing plants, or for get more seeds.
Sorry for my bad English, please help me learn it - correct my worst mistakes :)
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:52

madarexxx wrote:PilzAdam, IRL we can make humus from weed. What about adding humus in your mod? Just like fertilizer-use it for fast growing plants, or for get more seeds.

Good idea!
 

leo_rockway
Member
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 20:37

by leo_rockway » Thu Aug 23, 2012 04:22

Hello, PilzAdam. I've noticed that if you try to farm a crop before it's completely grown and the item_drop mod is installed, the following error appears:

00:44:34: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: /home/leo/.minetest/mods/minetest/item_drop/init.lua:35: attempt to index local 'item' (a nil value)
Try Skyblock for MineClone 2
Listen to this sound and music pack!
 

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests