[Mod] Skyblock [skyblock]

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

The latest version is a 3x3x3 island, the lava is under the indestructible block so it can be tricky to get it into your bucket.

Also, if you get the GIT version I have modified the crafts so that you can more easily multiply your blocks.

cobble -> gravel x4
gravel -> dirt x2
dirt -> clay_lump x4

You can also multiply your ores which I think is kinda fun:
coal+stone -> coal with iron x2
or iron+stone -> stone with iron x2

You have to dig them, then you can double them again.

For this reason, I think i'll make them a startup item and not a drop. This way the player has to be careful not to use the last one.

Blackthorne

by Blackthorne » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:
Blackthorne wrote:
RealBadAngel wrote:
you mean NODE :)
Node, yes. How silly of me. :D
btw read the topic again, to have that island and a tree u have to run world edit script
I did that, and I had the original spawn nodes and the skyblock plus nodes right next to each other, but I couldn't climb onto the skyblock plus nodes without falling. :\

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

Blackthorne wrote:I did that, and I had the original spawn nodes and the skyblock plus nodes right next to each other, but I couldn't climb onto the skyblock plus nodes without falling. :\
Issue this chat command:

Code: Select all

/grant singleplayer all
Then press K to enable fly and J to enable fast move.

Also, checkout the latest git, you spawn on spheres (you can tweak the sphere properties in config.lua)

Blackthorne

by Blackthorne » Post

cornernote wrote:Issue this chat command:

/grant singleplayer all

Also, checkout the latest git, you spawn on spheres (you can tweak the sphere properties in config.lua)
Ahh, I gotta fly there. I didn't want to cheat, after all. xD And will do.

Also, it won't break anything if I disregard your instructions and just drop skyblock_game into the games folder of my mineTEST directory, will it? Seems easier than copying mineTEST_game and all that.
Last edited by Blackthorne on Wed Aug 22, 2012 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

TheLoLMan

by TheLoLMan » Post

Minetest version????
Please link the version

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

Blackthorne wrote:

/grant singleplayer all

Also, it won't break anything if I disregard your instructions and just drop skyblock_game into the games folder of my mineTEST directory, will it? Seems easier than copying mineTEST_game and all that.
Sure, you can put it anywhere the game looks for mods. The only problem is that if you want to play a non-skyblock game you will have to remove the mod (or put it into its own game/world mods folder).

Personally I play without stairs/doors/dye/wool so that its super minimal. I plan to add similar mods (xdoors2, stairsplus, etc) into seablock game.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

TheLoLMan wrote:Minetest version????
Please link the version
Should run in any 0.4 version. I have included the versions 0.4.1 and 0.4.2.rc1 (with the mod already installed) in the 1st post.

Blackthorne

by Blackthorne » Post

cornernote wrote:
Blackthorne wrote:

/grant singleplayer all

Sure, you can put it anywhere the game looks for mods. The only problem is that if you want to play a non-skyblock game you will have to remove the mod (or put it into its own game/world mods folder).

Personally I play without stairs/doors/dye/wool so that its super minimal. I plan to add similar mods (xdoors2, stairsplus, etc) into seablock game.
That's what I'm looking forward to on your list of projects. Seablock. Build your own world starting on a tiny little island in the middle of an endless expanse of sea. Sounds like Robinson Crusoe. :D

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

Blackthorne wrote:

/grant singleplayer all

That was cheating! I actually mined the bottom of the sky island and used the dirt to create a path to my island ^_^
I was one of the people affected by the spawn node never appearing in time, so I actually plummeted to my death a few times before finding the workaround (quit and rejoin).

I haven't started playing on my island yet, I might tonight. I'll post screenshots once I get something going.
Try Skyblock for MineClone 2
Listen to this sound and music pack!

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

leo_rockway: in the latest git that is very fixed now. If you fall below the bottom it checks your inventory. If you have not placed or dug or crafted anything then you are teleported and your island is rebuilt.

There are more options for the start block too, you can spawn on a sphere or hollowsphere (thanks to code from multinode). I might even code in the L shaped island as a starting block option.

Blackthorne

by Blackthorne » Post

cornernote wrote:leo_rockway: in the latest git that is very fixed now. If you fall below the bottom it checks your inventory. If you have not placed or dug or crafted anything then you are teleported and your island is rebuilt.

There are more options for the start block too, you can spawn on a sphere or hollowsphere (thanks to code from multinode). I might even code in the L shaped island as a starting block option.
The L-shaped island ala standard Skyblock, yes? And how does one change between the choices of spawnpoints?
leo_rockway wrote:That's cheating!
I tried your way, but my clumsy fingers kept killing me anyway. xD
Last edited by Blackthorne on Thu Aug 23, 2012 06:09, edited 1 time in total.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

man, disable fly etc
usin fly, speed will ruin the whole concept of the game
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Thu Aug 23, 2012 08:39, edited 1 time in total.

Blackthorne

by Blackthorne » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:man, disable fly etc
usin fly, speed will ruin the whole concept of the game
I think so too. It'd also be better if somehow when we chose what to spawn on, our current spawn point would be replaced entirely by that. Like we would respawn on the area of our choice.

But of course, I can't code in LUA at all, so I don't have much reason to complain. >3>;;

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

you went before i finished workin on your example
so i will leave it here:
http://pastebin.com/gF7Lk8e3
make it somethin like this, shall work and be bullet proof
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:22, edited 1 time in total.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:you went before i finished workin on your example
so i will leave it here:
I added minetest.auth_reload() after minetest.set_player_privs(player_name, privs).

This works, committed to Git.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

cornernote wrote:
RealBadAngel wrote:you went before i finished workin on your example
so i will leave it here:
I added minetest.auth_reload() after minetest.set_player_privs(player_name, privs).

This works, committed to Git.
no, still doesnt work... :(

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

UPDATED

now there is an ingame list of achievements (see 1st post)
also many other changes (see changelog in 1st post for details)

you need to get the Git version, i will do another full release once its proven stable

Blackthorne

by Blackthorne » Post

Odd. With the new GIT release, whenever I try to open up my skyblock world, it keeps saying that it can't open/read the init.lua.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

Can you paste the exact error from your debug.txt ?

Blackthorne

by Blackthorne » Post

cornernote wrote:Can you paste the exact error from your debug.txt ?
ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run C:[...]skyblock_game\mods\skyblock\init.lua
===ERROR FROM LUA===
ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from C:[...]skyblock_game\mods\skyblock\init.lua:
ERROR[main]: skyblock_game\mods\skyblock\api_achievements.lua:67: expected "then" near "&"
ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'dofile'
ERROR[main]: skyblock_game\mods\skyblock\init.lua:25: in main chunk
===END OF ERROR FROM LUA===
ERROR[main] Server: Failed to load and run C: [...] skyblock_game\mods\skyblock\init.lua
ERROR[main]: ModError Failed to load and run C: [...] skyblock_game\mods\skyblock\init.lua

I think that's all of it.
Last edited by Blackthorne on Thu Aug 30, 2012 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

fixed, you can download the latest, or change "&&" to "and" in the api_achievements.lua file

Blackthorne

by Blackthorne » Post

Got another error on the new git.

ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: skyblock_game\mods\skyblock\api_achievements.lua:297 attempt to index local 'placer' (a nil value)
ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

ok, anyone would think i didnt even test this =)

fixed now, thanks for pointing it out

Blackthorne

by Blackthorne » Post

cornernote wrote:ok, anyone would think i didnt even test this =)

fixed now, thanks for pointing it out
No problem. :D I just really like this mode, so I figure that, since I can't code a lick of LUA yet, I might as well report bugs as I find them.

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

I was playing tonight and this is awesome. Two things to mention:

0) if you remove the rainbow block, you die. (I thought that was the quickest way to take the lava... I was wrong o.0). So I think the rainbow block should be indestructible.

1) My infinite water generator was never detected. I placed my two water sources touching diagonally inside a square (the usual way to make infinite water) but I never got the achievement. I'm using latest git.

Well, since I died I'll have to start again... but this is fun!

EDIT: I just started a new game and this time the infinite water source was detected...
Last edited by leo_rockway on Fri Aug 31, 2012 07:48, edited 1 time in total.
Try Skyblock for MineClone 2
Listen to this sound and music pack!