[Mod] Throwing, PilzAdam version [throwing]

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:20

Slain wrote:is it possible to add a support update for simple mobs?

This mod still uses the old damage system, I need to update it.
 

Slain
Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 20:20

by Slain » Tue Jul 02, 2013 14:07

Please update if you release an update
 

User avatar
Neuromancer
Member
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 22:28
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Mon Sep 02, 2013 17:07

Slain wrote:Please update if you release an update

+1 This is a cool mod, but it is important to be able to hunt animals and kill monsters with the arrows, it just would make the game much more fun and interesting to be able to do this again. Is there any throwing (bow & arrow) mod out there that has support for this?
 

yohanes828
Member
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 01:05

by yohanes828 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 22:19

can i use the pumpkin be a helmet like minecraft?
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:48

arrow ideas
an arrow that 'hits' an object. making it possible to activate over long distance
light bomb makes a sphere of light without breaking rocks so it places light (for mining)
real bomb explodes at target
chest arrow sends supply over long distance uses same choosing as build arrow but sends multiple and places a chest instead of arrow
water arrow makes a block of water at target
good/bad idea?
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
LionsDen
Member
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 03:19

by LionsDen » Wed Sep 18, 2013 17:35

DeepGaze wrote:arrow ideas
an arrow that 'hits' an object. making it possible to activate over long distance
light bomb makes a sphere of light without breaking rocks so it places light (for mining)
real bomb explodes at target
chest arrow sends supply over long distance uses same choosing as build arrow but sends multiple and places a chest instead of arrow
water arrow makes a block of water at target
good/bad idea?


I like the light arrow. There are places I would like to put a light but can't reach them without flying.

The bomb arrow could combine PilzAdam's TNT mod with the arrow mod to get the effect and sounds cool.

Water arrow might be good in rare circumstances but there should be a way to recapture the water to shut off the flow. A complementary arrow would be the lava arrow. :)

The activate arrow would only be good for very special circumstances and I don't see myself using those very often but others might find them quite useful.

As for the chest arrow, I don't see a use for this as anywhere I want a chest I can place one. I don't see why I would ever place a chest in an area that I can't reach.

So mixed results for me. :)
 

User avatar
darthvader
Member
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 14:35
Location: Death Star

by darthvader » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:57

How do u shoot arrows.
Q. Why cant you write with a broken pencil?
A. Because its not in minetest.
(The original answer is "Because it's pointless.")
 

User avatar
Topywo
Member
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 20:27

by Topywo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 15:27

darthvader wrote:How do u shoot arrows.


Put a bow in your first inventory line, put the arrows next to it (to the right). Select the bow and left-click.
 

User avatar
DeepGaze
Member
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 00:49
Location: Take your best guess
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Wed Sep 25, 2013 17:01

referance:
[spoiler]
LionsDen wrote:
DeepGaze wrote:arrow ideas
an arrow that 'hits' an object. making it possible to activate over long distance
light bomb makes a sphere of light without breaking rocks so it places light (for mining)
real bomb explodes at target
chest arrow sends supply over long distance uses same choosing as build arrow but sends multiple and places a chest instead of arrow
water arrow makes a block of water at target
good/bad idea?


I like the light arrow. There are places I would like to put a light but can't reach them without flying.

The bomb arrow could combine PilzAdam's TNT mod with the arrow mod to get the effect and sounds cool.

Water arrow might be good in rare circumstances but there should be a way to recapture the water to shut off the flow. A complementary arrow would be the lava arrow. :)

The activate arrow would only be good for very special circumstances and I don't see myself using those very often but others might find them quite useful.

As for the chest arrow, I don't see a use for this as anywhere I want a chest I can place one. I don't see why I would ever place a chest in an area that I can't reach.

So mixed results for me. :)
[/spoiler]
some were intended for a fighting server. (ctf/fps) the water was to not only fight fire but act like a ladder when scaling walls. the activate could be for a training arena with mesecon targets and the chest was if you were in a team for sending supplies to the field. i did have an idea of an auto shooter add-on fore mesecons.
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Wed Sep 25, 2013 18:49

This mod is suitable for multiplayer?
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Fri Sep 27, 2013 02:14

did not work! Took no damage.
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com
 

User avatar
philipbenr
Member
 
Posts: 1688
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 01:56
Location: United States
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Fri Sep 27, 2013 03:32

Adam, could you add damage support in Simple mobs. I have a whole castle to defend from oekkri and stone monsters.
“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”

“I'd far rather be happy than right any day.”

“What, are you, crazy?" "It's a possibility I haven't ruled out yet"
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Fri Sep 27, 2013 13:30

Help! Can someone help me. I played in multiplayer and did not work properly. There was no damage. I used the arrow cooreta but did not.
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Fri Sep 27, 2013 13:39

I finally stoped being lazy for 1 minute and upgraded to the new damage system; everything should work now.
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Fri Sep 27, 2013 15:21

PilzAdam wrote:I finally stoped being lazy for 1 minute and upgraded to the new damage system; everything should work now.


...........................
....__________... ____________
...| |... / \
...| (O) (O) |... -< THANK YOU!!! )
...| _ _ |... \____________/
...| \ \__ / / |...
...|__"""""""__|...
........| |........
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com
 

User avatar
Mossmanikin
Member
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 16:26
Location: where we don't speak english.

by Mossmanikin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 17:29

Yes! Works fine.
Finally one can hunt with bow and arrow again. :)

Noob 4 life!
My stuff
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Wed Oct 09, 2013 02:00

If I want to disable the mod in my server.
This can damage the server? Or let it slow?

I think of disable and enable the mod constantly. (for any purpose)

What do you say to that?
Last edited by BrunoMine on Wed Oct 09, 2013 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Wed Oct 09, 2013 14:55

brunob.santos wrote:If I want to disable the mod in my server.
This can damage the server? Or let it slow?

I think of disable and enable the mod constantly. (for any purpose)

What do you say to that?

I dont know what you mean by "damage the server". If you remove it then people get unkown items in their inventories instead of the bows and arrows, and arrows in the world will show up as unknown objects. When you re-enable the mod, then the unknown objects and items should turn back into what they were originally.
 

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
Location: SP-Brasil
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Wed Oct 09, 2013 17:31

PilzAdam wrote:
brunob.santos wrote:If I want to disable the mod in my server.
This can damage the server? Or let it slow?

I think of disable and enable the mod constantly. (for any purpose)

What do you say to that?

I dont know what you mean by "damage the server". If you remove it then people get unkown items in their inventories instead of the bows and arrows, and arrows in the world will show up as unknown objects. When you re-enable the mod, then the unknown objects and items should turn back into what they were originally.


alright! but anyway.
If I just turn off. the server is slow?
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Wed Oct 09, 2013 18:11

brunob.santos wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:
brunob.santos wrote:If I want to disable the mod in my server.
This can damage the server? Or let it slow?

I think of disable and enable the mod constantly. (for any purpose)

What do you say to that?

I dont know what you mean by "damage the server". If you remove it then people get unkown items in their inventories instead of the bows and arrows, and arrows in the world will show up as unknown objects. When you re-enable the mod, then the unknown objects and items should turn back into what they were originally.


alright! but anyway.
If I just turn off. the server is slow?

No, there is no reason why disabling a mod would slow down the server. In fact, disabling mods should speed up the server (depends on the mod, though).
 

User avatar
Melkor
Member
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 01:03
Location: Underground

by Melkor » Thu Oct 10, 2013 01:17

I tried making my own arrows for this mod, using my very very old WCC mod as a container for experiments, replacing the weighted cube for this:

Image

but that didn't work in the Throwing mod:

Image

Now they are darts, they are almost invisible :)

here is the arrow if anyone is interested:

Code: Select all
--        stick
        {-0.5,0.0,0.0, 0.5,0.06250,0.06250},

--        point
        {-0.43750,0.06250,-0.0, -0.31250,0.12500,0.06250},
        {-0.43750,-0.06250,0.0, -0.31250,0.0,0.06250},

--        feather up
        {0.18750,0.06250,0.0, 0.43750,0.12500,0.06250},
        {0.25000,0.12500,0.0, 0.43750,0.18750,0.06250},
--        feather down
        {0.18750,-0.06250,0.0, 0.43750,0.0,0.06250},
        {0.25000,-0.12500,0.0, 0.43750,-0.06250,0.06250},
--        feather right
        {0.18750,0.0,-0.0625, 0.43750,0.06250,0.0},
        {0.25000,0.0,-0.12500, 0.43750,0.06250,-0.06250},
--        feather left
        {0.18750,0.0,0.06250, 0.43750,0.06250,0.12500},
        {0.25000,0.0,0.12500, 0.43750,0.06250,0.18750},
 

User avatar
DaN
Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 19:09
Location: Silicon Valley

by DaN » Fri Oct 18, 2013 02:34

The throwing mod isn't working for me now (migrated from 0.4.6 to 0.4.7-dev); I left-click, it acts like a regular item (you punch with it). No arrows are shot, and no arrows are lost. Any ideas?

EDIT: My bad. It seems I have to equip arrows in one of my main slots and then shoot the bow.
Last edited by DaN on Fri Oct 18, 2013 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
DaN H.
 

User avatar
DaN
Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 19:09
Location: Silicon Valley

by DaN » Fri Oct 18, 2013 02:35

Melkor wrote:I tried making my own arrows for this mod, using my very very old WCC mod as a container for experiments, replacing the weighted cube for this:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/melkor_666/MineTest/screenshot_18319620_zps71193162.png

but that didn't work in the Throwing mod:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/melkor_666/MineTest/screenshot_19421655_zpscaa47239.png

Now they are darts, they are almost invisible :)

here is the arrow if anyone is interested:

Code: Select all
--        stick
        {-0.5,0.0,0.0, 0.5,0.06250,0.06250},

--        point
        {-0.43750,0.06250,-0.0, -0.31250,0.12500,0.06250},
        {-0.43750,-0.06250,0.0, -0.31250,0.0,0.06250},

--        feather up
        {0.18750,0.06250,0.0, 0.43750,0.12500,0.06250},
        {0.25000,0.12500,0.0, 0.43750,0.18750,0.06250},
--        feather down
        {0.18750,-0.06250,0.0, 0.43750,0.0,0.06250},
        {0.25000,-0.12500,0.0, 0.43750,-0.06250,0.06250},
--        feather right
        {0.18750,0.0,-0.0625, 0.43750,0.06250,0.0},
        {0.25000,0.0,-0.12500, 0.43750,0.06250,-0.06250},
--        feather left
        {0.18750,0.0,0.06250, 0.43750,0.06250,0.12500},
        {0.25000,0.0,0.12500, 0.43750,0.06250,0.18750},

Cool
DaN H.
 

User avatar
markbe
Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 23:00
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: [Mod] Throwing, PilzAdam version [throwing]

by markbe » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:49

A change to the default farming in Minetest 0.4.10 has unintentionally broken crafting of bows in Throwing by renaming/redefining gathered cotton to "cotton" rather than "string" (it possibly makes more sense)

As a work-around ... if you want to craft bows with cotton, add the following to the init.lua for throwing:
Code: Select all
minetest.register_craft({
   output = 'throwing:bow_wood',
   recipe = {
      {'farming:cotton', 'default:wood', ''},
      {'farming:cotton', '', 'default:wood'},
      {'farming:cotton', 'default:wood', ''},
   }
})

minetest.register_craft({
   output = 'throwing:bow_stone',
   recipe = {
      {'farming:cotton', 'default:cobble', ''},
      {'farming:cotton', '', 'default:cobble'},
      {'farming:cotton', 'default:cobble', ''},
   }
})

minetest.register_craft({
   output = 'throwing:bow_steel',
   recipe = {
      {'farming:cotton', 'default:steel_ingot', ''},
      {'farming:cotton', '', 'default:steel_ingot'},
      {'farming:cotton', 'default:steel_ingot', ''},
   }
})


There's probably a more efficient way of making that work but I don't know LUA yet :-)

Another idea is crafting string from cotton but that's too tricky for me just yet
 

User avatar
SAMIAMNOT
Member
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 00:51
Location: Desert
In-game: notanewbie

Re: [Mod] Throwing, PilzAdam version [throwing]

by SAMIAMNOT » Thu Oct 09, 2014 04:12

Im totally getting this. I would like to see some official screenshots though, Pilz--ahem--Adam.
I test mines.
 

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests