[Mod] StreetsMod [2.0.1] – create modern cities

luizsab

Re: [Mod] StreetsMod [2.0.1] – create modern cities

by luizsab » Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:08

Hello! About use of WorldEdit, how can I to set center line in asphalt cubes? In old version there was an cube specific.

Thank you
Luiz
[luizsab]

BirgitLachner

In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:00

Oh man, that's so sad. Such a great mod, but with the mod loading and accessing the server takes about 10 Minuten with streets mods. Without less than 1 minute. Same for leaving the server.

Thomas-S

GitHub: Thomas--S
IRC: Thomas-S
In-game: Thomas-S

by Thomas-S » Sat Sep 16, 2017 13:24

Good news for those of you who have problems with the loading time or number of registered nodes:

Today, a new setting streets.only_basic_stairsplus was added.

If you want to improve loading time and reduce the number of registered nodes, you can set the setting streets.only_basic_stairsplus to true in minetest.conf. When this is enabled, stairsplus nodes will only be registered for very basic roadmarkings.

vtwindsurfer

by vtwindsurfer » Sun Oct 01, 2017 15:30

Hello, everyone!

This my first post to the forum.

I am relatively new to Minetest with only a few months of gameplay under my belt. I've been playing mostly singleplayer and adding mods as I go. Only recently have I added Streets to the list. At first it had some conflicts with other mods but I finally got it to work.

One thing though: I have had the Homedecore modpack installed for some time and that includes a recipe for Tar Blocks - Cooking "default:gravel". This is obviously a conflict with the Asphalt recipe.

I added to following to the ~.minetest/mods/streets/streets_roadsurface/init.lua file:

Code: Select all
minetest.register_craft({
   output = "streets:asphalt 4",
   recipe = {
      {"default:gravel", "group:tar_block"},
      {"group:tar_block","default:gravel"},
   }
})

This allows a crafting recipe using gravel and tar that, in a way, is more realistic, and doesn't kill the default cooking method for crafting asphalt with the Streets Mod. It is a little more resources in that you would have to first craft tar from gravel, then mix with more gravel.

I thought I would share if others were also looking for a solution. Maybe it can be added to the Streets Mod.

v-rob

by v-rob » Sun Oct 01, 2017 16:21

vtwindsurfer wrote:Hello, everyone!

This my first post to the forum.

I am relatively new to Minetest with only a few months of gameplay under my belt. I've been playing mostly singleplayer and adding mods as I go. Only recently have I added Streets to the list. At first it had some conflicts with other mods but I finally got it to work.

One thing though: I have had the Homedecore modpack installed for some time and that includes a recipe for Tar Blocks - Cooking "default:gravel". This is obviously a conflict with the Asphalt recipe.

I added to following to the ~.minetest/mods/streets/streets_roadsurface/init.lua file:

Code: Select all
minetest.register_craft({
   output = "streets:asphalt 4",
   recipe = {
      {"default:gravel", "group:tar_block"},
      {"group:tar_block","default:gravel"},
   }
})

This allows a crafting recipe using gravel and tar that, in a way, is more realistic, and doesn't kill the default cooking method for crafting asphalt with the Streets Mod. It is a little more resources in that you would have to first craft tar from gravel, then mix with more gravel.

I thought I would share if others were also looking for a solution. Maybe it can be added to the Streets Mod.

But only if a mod that adds tar is enabled. If there is no other mod enabled, then the recipe should stay the same. (cook 1 gravel.)

vtwindsurfer

by vtwindsurfer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 04:51

v-rob wrote:

But only if a mod that adds tar is enabled. If there is no other mod enabled, then the recipe should stay the same. (cook 1 gravel.)

I added it to the bottom of init.lua and didn't touch the original recipe. It's superseded by the mod that adds tar anyway. I needed an alternate method of crafting asphalt since cooking gravel in my game makes tar.

But, with this change, I just created a sweet automated asphalt production facility.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kADgsAuwzsa9F7qn2

luizsab

by luizsab » Tue Oct 10, 2017 05:12

Thomas-S wrote:Good news for those of you who have problems with the loading time or number of registered nodes:

Today, a new setting streets.only_basic_stairsplus was added.

If you want to improve loading time and reduce the number of registered nodes, you can set the setting streets.only_basic_stairsplus to true in minetest.conf. When this is enabled, stairsplus nodes will only be registered for very basic roadmarkings.

It doesn't works to me. I have a local network with Linux PC (Debian and Ubuntu). When I enabled the Streets mod it still take a lot minutes.
Luiz
[luizsab]

Previous

Return to Mod Releases