Page 3 of 14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 18:31
by webdesigner97
rarkenin wrote:
webdesigner97 wrote:I'm not good at creating graphics (most ones in this mod are by Immanuel_Kant). I need somebody who wants to create some signs for this mod, like /!\ and (/). License would be WTFPL.
Anybody interested?

Yes, I can try, and I will relwease it in the public domain. Can I get a list of textures you need?

celeron55 wrote:If a mod is to be included in the main game, it's code needs to be relicensable under "LGPLv2 and later", and textures/sounds under CC BY-SA, as the main game is released under those licenses. Notably, WTFPL (for anything), BSD (for code) are prefectly compatible with this. Notably LGPLv3 for code is not compatible with this.

Public domain is not allowed as a license because jurisdiction about what "public domain" means varies between countries. Release your work under WTFPL or CC0 instead (or also).

Well, StreetsMod isn't in the default game, but I would be happy if you could give a "real" license.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 19:50
by mauvebic
i wrote the traffic lights a year ago and released it under wtfpl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:34
by webdesigner97
mauvebic wrote:i wrote the traffic lights a year ago and released it under wtfpl

Cool, I'll try it out and maybe add it in the next version :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 07:34
by kaeza
Awesome! You should make a post to BUMP the topic whenever you make updates. I didn't notice this was updated until just now :P
Thanks for using my screenshots! I will be making new ones with the new additions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:20
by webdesigner97
kaeza wrote:Awesome! You should make a post to BUMP the topic whenever you make updates. I didn't notice this was updated until just now :P
Thanks for using my screenshots! I will be making new ones with the new additions.

I bump this post always when I update the mod but i don't when I update the description. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 21:14
by Consolegamer29
Thanks :) it is cool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 21:40
by VanessaE
I've added support to my HDX texture pack for this mod recently. Just thought you might be interested.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 19:14
by webdesigner97
VanessaE wrote:I've added support to my HDX texture pack for this mod recently. Just thought you might be interested.
Cool! :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 07:48
by VanessaE
I'd like to suggest that variants of slabs and stairs be added that bear centerlines, to go along with the existing whole blocks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 07:53
by webdesigner97
VanessaE wrote:I'd like to suggest that variants of slabs and stairs be added that bear centerlines, to go along with the existing whole blocks.

You mean stairs and slabs with lines? Great idea! Added to my todo-list ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 16:18
by VanessaE
Yup, exactly that. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 17:38
by webdesigner97
VanessaE wrote:Yup, exactly that. :-)

:)
It's nice to see that people are interested in this mod :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 16:42
by Likwid H-Craft
Same like sayed about the other, mod...TO THE CITY!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 06:22
by webdesigner97
Likwid H-Craft wrote:Same like sayed about the other, mod...TO THE CITY!

Great! Btw, I plan to add cars in the next version ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 06:29
by kaeza
webdesigner97 wrote:
Likwid H-Craft wrote:Same like sayed about the other, mod...TO THE CITY!

Great! Btw, I plan to add cars in the next version ;)

Grand Test Auto: Mine City?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 06:57
by xavier108
Ooohhh nice mod.I can totally use this to make my private BTF map

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 07:07
by webdesigner97
kaeza wrote:
webdesigner97 wrote:
Likwid H-Craft wrote:Same like sayed about the other, mod...TO THE CITY!

Great! Btw, I plan to add cars in the next version ;)

Grand Test Auto: Mine City?

LOL! :D

xavier108 wrote:Ooohhh nice mod.I can totally use this to make my private BTF map

Thx (although I don't know what you mean with BTF) ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:02
by lor599
This is really cool! Way better than using cobble for streets. The concrete is great for driveways and such!
+1 :D

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 15:27
by webdesigner97
lor599 wrote:This is really cool! Way better than using cobble for streets. The concrete is great for driveways and such!
+1 :D

Thx very much :)

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 09:25
by Mossmanikin
Like this idea.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 04:34
by VanessaE
As an aside: steel frames should allow sunlight to propagate.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:19
by webdesigner97
VanessaE wrote:As an aside: steel frames should allow sunlight to propagate.

They don't? Oops, will be fixed in the update (I rewrote the code again, that's why it takes that long)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 17:54
by VanessaE
No problem, I was starting to wonder if this mod was dead or not. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:11
by webdesigner97
VanessaE wrote:No problem, I was starting to wonder if this mod was dead or not. :-)

Of course it's not dead ;)
But I wasn't happy with my code for a long time, but now it should be good. The only bad point is, that there's still no compatibility with circular_saw, because I'm still not able to make it work :(
But I'm sure, that you'll like the other changes/additions!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 15:50
by webdesigner97
[h]Update to version 1.3[/h]

Changed:

* Improved some textures
* Changed mod structure to a modpack with multiple "kits"
* Changed crafting recipe for emergency phone
* Changed drawtype of the steelframe

Added:

* "roadworks" kit with raillike/nodebox yellow labels for construction areas on streets
* "roadsigns" kit with pole and some signs
* concrete stair and slab
* advanced manhole (can be opened/closed with rightclick)
* stairs for asphalt with dashed/solid line