[Mod] Bookmarks GUI [bookmarks_gui]

cornernote

[Mod] Bookmarks GUI [bookmarks_gui]

by cornernote » Post

Bookmarks GUI for Minetest

Players can set bookmark positions and then go to them using the inventory screen.

Requirements Documentation | GitHub Project

About

This module is open source, so it's distributed freely. If you find it useful then I ask not for your wealth, but simply to spare your time to consider the world we share by watching Earthlings, a multi-award winning film available to watch online for free. A must-see for anyone who wishes to make the world a better place.

Credits

Inspired by Bookmarks by mauvebic

License

BSD-3-Clause, Copyright © 2014 Brett O'Donnell
Last edited by cornernote on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

u34

by u34 » Post

awesome mod,

but how can i remove a bookmark ??

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

Hi,

Copy the "go" button and input from the formspec, rename them to delete.

Then in the recieve fields function add a compule of lines to remove from the bookmarks file. Don't forget to pull request your changes. =)

I'll add a delete next week if nobody else has done it by then.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

added a delete button

u34

by u34 » Post

cornernote wrote:added a delete button

very awesome...
cool mod...

CaKeSs

by CaKeSs » Post

Seems Cool, and very helpful *after 5 minutes, play mt, set position near lava, dug more underground,got lost, went to position,...fell in dungeon masters.*
lalalalala, Hit, dig, break, collect! -JusticeV before he fell in lava.
|Youtube||Unrealsoftware Account|Granite Mod|

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Wow, this is great! Thanks for making this. I'm also using your graphical home interface. They both make great ways to make sure players don't get trapped underground.
cornernote wrote:Server priv is required to set bookmarks.
I think there might be an error. I keep logging in with random names, and I have permission to add and remove bookmarks without having given these new accounts the correct privilege. By the way, what is the correct privilege?

Thank you!

EDIT: Apparently, the problem is in Minetest or my server, not your mod. Any account with a name starting with a digit has full privileges. Oddly enough, it only seems to do that on my server, not other people's servers.

EDIT: Never mind, that doesn't seem to be the pattern anymore. Some new accounts can fly and set bookmarks, while others cannot. I'll have to get this figured out before I make the server public.
Last edited by 0gb.us on Thu Oct 25, 2012 13:57, edited 1 time in total.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

It may be because the client has the same IP as the server. Try connecting from another computer.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

cornernote wrote:It may be because the client has the same IP as the server. Try connecting from another computer.
Yeah, it seems to be something along those lines. Last night, I started up the game in one window, and used another to connect to localhost. That seems to fix the problem as well. However, it doesn't explain the inconsistency. When connecting to the server by not specifying an address, the the account only SOMETIMES acts like it has all the privileges. About half of the accounts can fly and make bookmarks when I log in to them, and the other half cannot. I guess it doesn't matter at the moment, but it is something I want to look into later.

You mentioned that a privilege is needed to make bookmarks. What privilege do I need to bestow to allow someone to add and remove bookmarks?

Thanks!

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

you need to do:
/grant [player] server
or
/grant [player] all

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Okay, so when you said you needed server privilege, you meant the privilege called server. I thought you meant a privilege ON the server, and hadn't specified which one. My bad.

Thanks!

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Post

Removed ?? Why ?
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).