[Mod] Protector+ [protectorplus]

tux_peng

by tux_peng » Post

Weird, I modified the begest protect to be half the size, so It would work for my server-- do you think it would be possible to create a PvP flag?
Servers now up (Economy, no PvP) Forum up already! http://tuxcraft.info

Aqua

by Aqua » Post

I'll look at the code again and yes I think its possible to make a PvP flag.
Hi there ^.~

tux_peng

by tux_peng » Post

Aqua wrote:I'll look at the code again and yes I think its possible to make a PvP flag.
Cool, thank. My server is currently NoPvP, but areas would make it interesting

tux_peng

by tux_peng » Post

I made a small change to init.lua

http://pastebin.com/duhTwNTz

It replaces the hard coded protector sizes with variables defined at the top of the file

Shizaku

by Shizaku » Post

can someone plz tell me how to get the protector to work seems like only the biggest one is working. i seen in the forms someone was working on it all day and got it to work. can you plz show what you didn under init to fix this its not working and i would really like this to work so i can build things without people recking them dont want to place the biggest one everywhere.
Last edited by Shizaku on Fri Mar 08, 2013 09:06, edited 1 time in total.

Aqua

by Aqua » Post

tux_peng wrote:I made a small change to init.lua

It replaces the hard coded protector sizes with variables defined at the top of the file
Can you update this link. I wanna have a look at this.
Shizaku wrote:can someone plz tell me how to get the protector to work seems like only the biggest one is working. i seen in the forms someone was working on it all day and got it to work. can you plz show what you didn under init to fix this its not working and i would really like this to work so i can build things without people recking them dont want to place the biggest one everywhere.
I'm not really sure. I'm gonna have to restart it and try find the problems.
Hi there ^.~

Shizaku

by Shizaku » Post

Aqua wrote:
tux_peng wrote:I made a small change to init.lua

Can you update this link. I wanna have a look at this.
Shizaku wrote:can someone plz tell me how to get the protector to work seems like only the biggest one is working. i seen in the forms someone was working on it all day and got it to work. can you plz show what you didn under init to fix this its not working and i would really like this to work so i can build things without people recking them dont want to place the biggest one everywhere.
I'm not really sure. I'm gonna have to restart it and try find the problems.
thanks me and my wife and few of are friends where going to use them for are homes. made some really nice text for them under paint. soon as they start working ill poste a bunch of text i made. i really like how i can add text that easy. i use to sit there on paint all the time now i have a place to hang out with what i make

Shizaku

by Shizaku » Post

well i try everything with that scrip, even if you take all the others out and make 3 mods still they just dont want to work together. the scrip is right i put each one in and remove the others to test them all they all work. but just not together only 1 works. so i guess i download another protector and im useing the 1 scrip from yours and another land claim mod block so i at least have 2, i just didnt want to drop the big ones off a mob till my last zone, would rather have the small ones drop for players. thanks for trying but i guess im good now good luck :)

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

Idea to fix the performance issue mentioned: calculate all the 16x16 chunks a protector block's radius touches, and store a hash map of chunk -> protector block position list. When a permission check is required calculate the chunk the player is attempting to modify, iterate through the protector list for that chunk, and do a distance check for each protector. You can run an ABM on protectors every so often (e.g. 10 seconds) to make sure they are registered with the chunks, and run a global function on a longer period timer to clean things up just in case chunks are unloaded or protector blocks have somehow been removed without unregistering themselves.

This should optimize things for protection over larger areas. Provided the protected regions don't overlap much, it should on average change each permission check to O(1) instead of O(N^3) when protectors cover an NxNxN region.

Bas080
GitHub: bas080
IRC: bas080
In-game: bas080

by Bas080 » Post

May i request a node that only adds ownership for directly connecting nodes. Handy for when you just want to set owner of a single node. That way you can make owned door or sign by placing an ownership block on one of it's sides. Or use it in more practical ways i just can't think of atm. ..., Secret doors that do not give away there location because of larger protection area?

sfan5-bot

by sfan5-bot » Post

[EE] No Dependencies found

Please fix these Mistakes and report this post, a moderator will delete it
If you believe I have made a Mistake contact sfan5

Element
IRC: Elementwing4962
In-game: Elementwing4962

by Element » Post

i cant download it
Join Me And My Team - thornfyregaming-mc.noip.me:25565

My Server Is 1.7.9

Element
IRC: Elementwing4962
In-game: Elementwing4962

by Element » Post

the download link wont work
Join Me And My Team - thornfyregaming-mc.noip.me:25565

My Server Is 1.7.9

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The site on which the files were hosted is long gone. Maybe someone has a copy of this mod?
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Aqua

by Aqua » Post

Don't use this mod. I don't think it works very well. And I'm not going to work on it. Try Zeg's one.
Hi there ^.~

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Protector+ [protectorplus]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Link to newer version of protector block: viewtopic.php?t=9376