[Mod] Inventory Plus [20120917.1] [inventory_plus]

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Hmm. I just realized that means I lost all the plugins I built. They're all gone, my only copy was on the hard drive that blew.

EDIT: Does anyone have a copy of the latest version of this? I'd love to get it back online.
Last edited by 0gb.us on Fri Mar 22, 2013 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

GitHub?
Always
It'd be a good idea to always push to something on github, so you always have a backup.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Traxie21 wrote:GitHub?
Always
It'd be a good idea to always push to something on github, so you always have a backup.
I hadn't even started with Github at that point. I use it now, but not back then.

Also, Github is a bit of a pain to work with, particularly the uploading and deleting. I wouldn't want to use it for a small project lie this, it would require a bunch of nested directories on my computer, just to get around Github's renaming tenancies. Why can't it just leave the directory names as you set them?

Anyway, I should have had a backup copy. I realize this is my own fault. However, Github isn't a great fit for me. Backing up to my other computer would be a better option.

Speaking of which, I believe I do have a backup of this, it's just on my misplaced USB flash drive. I should have moved it to my other computer. My mistake. Hopefully someone has a copy of this we can use, but if not, we'll just have to wait for the flash drive to turn up.

EDIT: It's also a pain to rename files. There really should be a web interface for all of this.
Last edited by 0gb.us on Sat Mar 23, 2013 01:11, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

here is one. it is my copy and i dont know if it is the most recent or if i have not edited it but here it is. https://github.com/jojoa1997/0gb.us-repo
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Awesome, thanks Jojoa!

I think the only difference between that version and the up to date version is that we had to delete the trash slot added by inventory_plus, due to creative incorporating the trash slot into the default game.

Come to think of it, we should now also remove the refill slot, as it is pointless in 0.4.5. I'll fork it and make the changes.

After that, I'll probably do a full rewrite. Unfortunately, this will break compatibility a bit, but it will give better options and allow me to add it to 0gb.us_game, where it will be maintained on Github, and be kept up to date. Currently, there's a licence incompatibility, but a rewrite should fix that.

EDIT: Maybe a rewrite wouldn't be advisable ....

EDIT: It looks like maybe you had a copy where I already removed the trash slot? I just didn't do it very cleanly ....

https://github.com/0gb-us/inventory_plus
Last edited by 0gb.us on Sat Mar 23, 2013 02:14, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

ok but why are the trash and refill slots uneccesary
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:ok but why are the trash and refill slots uneccesary
Trash is unnecessary because creative already has it. So if inventory_plus has it too, you get two trash slots. And since they are almost in the same place, it looks glitchy. The refill slot is not needed because in creative mode, where the refill slot is, placing a block doesn't use it up. There's no reason to refill.

vktRus

by vktRus » Post

github.com/0gb-us/inventory_plus
404 page not found.

onpon4
GitHub: onpon4
In-game: diligentcircle

by onpon4 » Post

The link in the first post is broken.

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Post

Seems like 0gb.us closed his github account :/
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

AM35502

by AM35502 » Post

Hi 0gb.us,
So I was using this for quite sometime and noticed that after I clicked something (to put into my inventory), it would just go back to the default one. I was just wondering if this is a bug that still has to be fixed, or is it something wrong with my game.. Anyways, please inform me if you can, thanks.

Another thing that [might] be useful to know, is that I have the 'creative searchbar' mod, which puts a search bar in Creative Mode. If you think that this is the problem, I'd be happy to delete it to download this.
Thanks!

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Post

AM35502 wrote:Hi 0gb.us,
So I was using this for quite sometime and noticed that after I clicked something (to put into my inventory), it would just go back to the default one. I was just wondering if this is a bug that still has to be fixed, or is it something wrong with my game.. Anyways, please inform me if you can, thanks.

Another thing that [might] be useful to know, is that I have the 'creative searchbar' mod, which puts a search bar in Creative Mode. If you think that this is the problem, I'd be happy to delete it to download this.
Thanks!
The creative search mod might cause this, except if their author said it was compatible. Any link to that mod ?
Last edited by Zeg9 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

AM35502

by AM35502 » Post

Here: viewtopic.php?id=3589
Zeg9 wrote:
AM35502 wrote:Hi 0gb.us,

Thanks!
The creative search mod might cause this, except if their author said it was compatible. Any link to that mod ?

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Post

AM35502 wrote:Here: viewtopic.php?id=3589
Try disabling creative mode, and if it works, just put the old creative back.

AM35502

by AM35502 » Post

Okay, thanks for all your help.

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

Explain to me how I can play with inventory survival. using workbench for crafting
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com