[Modpack] Plantlife [rolling release] [plantlife_modpack]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Modpack] Plantlife [rolling release] [plantlife_modpack

by VanessaE » Post

There's just no way that I can see that bushes_classic nor biome_lib could do this unless you have a mod conflict somewhere.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

wasn't there some long solved old bug with vines or such growing endlessly into the sky?
btw, can any grow pattern be made out?

JoshMars
In-game: rubber UbuntuJosh

by JoshMars » Post

This modpack is nicely done. I just have a vendetta of sorts against the sunflower. For some reason, it looks really ugly to me. If I wanted to tone them back a bit, would this work?:

Code: Select all

local sunflowers_max_count = 2
local sunflowers_rarity = 2
or will that make them more common?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Lower the max count and raise the rarity value, but the model for the sunflower needs improved anyway.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

JoshMars
In-game: rubber UbuntuJosh

by JoshMars » Post

VanessaE wrote:Lower the max count and raise the rarity value, but the model for the sunflower needs improved anyway.
Thanks

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

I love this mod but I'm not sure if I have a problem or not
I have upgraded minetest to 0.4.16 and the ferns seem a lot smaller now
am I going mental ?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

They are smaller, because there was a change made in how the engine deals with the `visual_scale` node definition item. File a bug report on github against plantlife modpack please, I'll get to it soon-ish.

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

done

itskochon

by itskochon » Post

Is biome_lib really required for this mod? because when I enable it the game will not load and gives these errors :

2017-06-05 14:20:20: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/kochon/.minetest/mods/biome_lib/init.lua:
2017-06-05 14:20:20: ERROR[Main]: /home/kochon/.minetest/mods/biome_lib/init.lua:69: attempt to index field 'settings' (a nil value)
2017-06-05 14:20:20: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-06-05 14:20:20: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/kochon/.minetest/mods/biome_lib/init.lua:69: in main chunk
2017-06-05 14:20:20: ERROR[Main]: Check debug.txt for details.
and when I disable it I get these warnings :

2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "hunger" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "bushes" "bushes_classic" "ferns" "moretrees"
2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "along_shore" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "biome_lib" "flowers_plus"
2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "bushes" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "biome_lib"
2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "bushes_classic" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "biome_lib"2017-06-05 14:20:20: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/kochon/.minetest/mods/biome_lib/init.lua:
2017-06-05 14:20:20: ERROR[Main]: /home/kochon/.minetest/mods/biome_lib/init.lua:69: attempt to index field 'settings' (a nil value)
2017-06-05 14:20:20: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-06-05 14:20:20: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/kochon/.minetest/mods/biome_lib/init.lua:69: in main chunk
2017-06-05 14:20:20: ERROR[Main]: Check debug.txt for details.

2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "dryplants" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "biome_lib"
2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "ferns" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "biome_lib"
2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "flowers_plus" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "biome_lib"
2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "molehills" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "biome_lib"
2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "nature_classic" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "moretrees"
2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "poisonivy" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "biome_lib"
2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "trunks" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "biome_lib" "bushes" "ferns" "moretrees"
2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "vines" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "biome_lib" "moretrees"
2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "woodsoils" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "biome_lib" "bushes" "ferns" "moretrees" "trunks"
2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "youngtrees" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "biome_lib"
2017-06-05 14:17:47: ERROR[Main]: mod "moretrees" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "biome_lib"
but the mod seems to function properly anyway (?)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Yes, biome_lib is required, and you need to upgrade to Minetest 0.4.16 (released just yesterday)

itskochon

by itskochon » Post

My bad, I assumed pacman upgraded the game this morning but apparently it did not. Thanks

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

(Actually, THIS topic was the correct place, Chibi. Duplicate post deleted from "Moretrees" topic)

There's already a github issue for the plant size, and it'll be an easy fix once I get back to coding actively.

As for farming redo, you'll need to yell at tenplus1. Not knowing what's wrong, off the top of my head, I'm guessing his mod is just mixing up the strawberry and raspberry *bushes* somehow (as there are about half a dozen kinds).

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

ta I have memory issues relating to my dyslexia
I posted this on tenplus1's redo as well sorry for any inconvenience
I have caused

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

Nice!

But...

Need herbicide addon quite badly. Vines and poison ivy are the main problem. They grow EVERYWHERE! By the way, is poison ivy... well, poison?
May God be with you, always.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

zargulthewizard wrote:Nice!

But...

Need herbicide addon quite badly. Vines and poison ivy are the main problem. They grow EVERYWHERE! By the way, is poison ivy... well, poison?
The herbicide I use is to deactivate the poison ivy sub-mod once the modpack has been activated. I hate this plant on principle; that is, I am very allergic.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

"I am very allergic."

I react to the stuff rather negatively, which is precisely why I created the mod - out of frustration after one such an encounter, you could say. In any case, just disable the two offending mods, and use worldedit to clean up the leftovers.

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

Got it. Thanks!

Now why didn't I think of that?
May God be with you, always.

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

world edit combined with remove unknown nodes mod
would work better

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

Re: [Modpack] Plantlife [Mod] ferns

by Festus1965 » Post

seams to be you ... as the package is signed by you
but about submod ferns, by Mossmanikin, Version 0.2.0

however even first thanks for your work,

and what could that mean ?
I see it in the report windows minetest-server 0.4.16 some time, without time stamp

(before just a report about actual players)
ferns:sapling_tree_fern
break!
ferns:sapling_tree_fern
break!
(some normal report like player leaves)
anything I can do, or just accept ?, as no worry ?

edit: found the source:
mods/plantlife/ferns/treefern.lua

line 37 and line 40 ???
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

Re: [Modpack] Plantlife [vines]

by Festus1965 » Post

If I want to stop the vines,
as disturbing and taking much CPU time
but don't want to have to search for the unknown Items after,

I just change in: /plantlife/vines/vines.lua
the spawn_change to 0 (Zero) ??? AT all of them ?

So the ones are there still are there, but no new ones are coming ?
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

You can either set the chance to 0, or set the surface to some gibberish node name (as biome_lib will dump out of registration calls that involve unknown nodes).

Buddler
In-game: Buddler
Location: Sometimes Redwood Island, sometimes Chillville, otherwise Germany

by Buddler » Post

If I may make a suggestion: Something should happen to moss if the tree node underneath it is mined away. Right now it simply stays afloat. Maybe leaf_decay might be a good idea since we don't really have any use for moss right now anyway, at least not to my knowledge. Or it could simply fall like sand would.

ShallowDweller

by ShallowDweller » Post

I would like to report a (minor) bug where strawberry bushes drop raspberries and turn into raspberry bushes when their berries grow back. It only happens to strawberries.
Buddler wrote:If I may make a suggestion: Something should happen to moss if the tree node underneath it is mined away. Right now it simply stays afloat. Maybe leaf_decay might be a good idea since we don't really have any use for moss right now anyway, at least not to my knowledge. Or it could simply fall like sand would.
I found a use for moss. You can use a Compost Bin mod and add 'trunks:moss' and 'trunks:moss_fungus' to the compostable nodes list. This one allows you to make dry farms and this one allows you to make dirt.

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

ShallowDweller wrote:I would like to report a (minor) bug where strawberry bushes drop raspberries and turn into raspberry bushes when their berries grow back. It only happens to strawberries.
Buddler wrote:If I may make a suggestion: Something should happen to moss if the tree node underneath it is mined away. Right now it simply stays afloat. Maybe leaf_decay might be a good idea since we don't really have any use for moss right now anyway, at least not to my knowledge. Or it could simply fall like sand would.
I found a use for moss. You can use a Compost Bin mod and add 'trunks:moss' and 'trunks:moss_fungus' to the compostable nodes list. This one allows you to make dry farms and this one allows you to make dirt.
I can help with the strawberries go into the farming redo folder find the compatibility section and delete the section for strawberries I have this problem each update

ShallowDweller

by ShallowDweller » Post

Chibi ghost wrote:
ShallowDweller wrote:I would like to report a (minor) bug where strawberry bushes drop raspberries and turn into raspberry bushes when their berries grow back. It only happens to strawberries.
I can help with the strawberries go into the farming redo folder find the compatibility section and delete the section for strawberries I have this problem each update
Thanks! It worked :D (took me a while to test)