[Mod] Gem tools [gems]

Azuna
Member
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 22:50

by Azuna » Mon Oct 21, 2013 22:17

DAT TEXTURE.
Best mod eva btw.
 

User avatar
AMMOnym
Member
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 14:18
Location: Slovakia
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Tue Oct 22, 2013 14:16

Can u make more tools as spear,longsword,battleaxe,digger,mace ...?
 

User avatar
LionLAD
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 21:50
Location: behind you

by LionLAD » Sat Nov 09, 2013 18:51

Azuna wrote:DAT TEXTURE.
Best mod eva btw.


thank you very much
In game names:LAD,captainLAD,LionLAD
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
 

User avatar
Krock
Developer
 
Posts: 4478
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 07:48
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Mon Nov 11, 2013 17:20

nice mod, but I have the feeling, there are already enough other tools. (technic mod as example)
Add more things to this mod (not the common tools) and it will become more popular.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>
 

User avatar
Novacain
Member
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 01:03
Location: Skaaro

by Novacain » Mon Nov 11, 2013 17:31

this is an awesome looking mod, however, it looks like it is missing the hoe. gotta give those farmers something to work with :P

edit: would be better if it wasn't rar.
Last edited by Novacain on Mon Nov 11, 2013 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod
 

User avatar
LionLAD
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 21:50
Location: behind you

by LionLAD » Mon Nov 11, 2013 17:58

Novacain wrote:this is an awesome looking mod, however, it looks like it is missing the hoe. gotta give those farmers something to work with :P

edit: would be better if it wasn't rar.



.....I've haven't had the time had the time to update this mod for a while and a hoe would be cool but idk. i think about for a while and mabye i'll update it
In game names:LAD,captainLAD,LionLAD
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
 

User avatar
Silent-Hunter
Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 20:06

by Silent-Hunter » Tue Nov 12, 2013 07:58

You should add alexandrite, because it's awesome!
 

User avatar
LionLAD
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 21:50
Location: behind you

by LionLAD » Thu Nov 21, 2013 23:26

Silent-Hunter wrote:You should add alexandrite, because it's awesome!


hmmm i'll look into it, im not sure what that even is lol...sounds cool though
In game names:LAD,captainLAD,LionLAD
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
 

derpswa99
Member
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 21:26

by derpswa99 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 07:24

Great MOD !!!!!!!!!! :D
 

User avatar
Johnyknowhow
Member
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 15:17
Location: Washington, USA
In-game: Minetestian

by Johnyknowhow » Thu Dec 05, 2013 23:49

nice mod! except the textures look... to.... legendary,
so, i changed them, :)
I lost interest in Minetest for a couple of years and... I am still not really paying much attention. I rarely browse these forums anymore but it's nice to see old faces.

obligatory fancy signature goes here
 

User avatar
LionLAD
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 21:50
Location: behind you

by LionLAD » Sat Dec 14, 2013 15:39

Johnyknowhow wrote:nice mod! except the textures look... to.... legendary,
so, i changed them, :)



hmmmmm. :) kk what textures because the word Legendary gave me an idea on it's own
In game names:LAD,captainLAD,LionLAD
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
 

User avatar
LionLAD
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 21:50
Location: behind you

by LionLAD » Sat Dec 14, 2013 15:48

okay here is the truth, my coding days were fun always had fun doing it. maybe any one out there could code by my side to help make this mod huge i would love it.
helpful coders i would like to have by my side(being able to help code these)
-tools(i am able to do that)
-ore/ore generation(i'm able to do this to)
-New tools(not normal ones not the basic 5 new and crazy cool ones)
-super powers for said picks like fire or something(like a timber wood mod axe.)(i know how to do this but need help for it)
etc
Last edited by LionLAD on Sat Dec 14, 2013 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
In game names:LAD,captainLAD,LionLAD
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 20:47

captainfap wrote:okay here is the truth, my coding days were fun always had fun doing it. maybe any one out there could code by my side to help make this mod huge i would love it.
helpful coders i would like to have by my side(being able to help code these)
-tools(i am able to do that)
-ore/ore generation(i'm able to do this to)
-New tools(not normal ones not the basic 5 new and crazy cool ones)
-super powers for said picks like fire or something(like a timber wood mod axe.)(i know how to do this but need help for it)
etc
Use functions to make tools do unique things.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

User avatar
LionLAD
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 21:50
Location: behind you

by LionLAD » Mon Dec 16, 2013 00:46

jojoa1997 wrote:
captainfap wrote:okay here is the truth, my coding days were fun always had fun doing it. maybe any one out there could code by my side to help make this mod huge i would love it.
helpful coders i would like to have by my side(being able to help code these)
-tools(i am able to do that)
-ore/ore generation(i'm able to do this to)
-New tools(not normal ones not the basic 5 new and crazy cool ones)
-super powers for said picks like fire or something(like a timber wood mod axe.)(i know how to do this but need help for it)
etc
Use functions to make tools do unique things.


that's the thing my coding ability stops at putting items into the game, creating ore generation(thanks to you), and making crafting recipes. but i really wanted was for someone trust worthy to past this mod onto and continue working on maybe, because i don't want this mod to just fall int o the giant list of mods i would like it to keep going. And i know there are people that can help and teach me more maybe.
In game names:LAD,captainLAD,LionLAD
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
 

keyxmakerx
Member
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 23:53

by keyxmakerx » Fri Dec 20, 2013 06:33

Oooh, my time has been taken up with doing college, I was surprised to come back to see, added peral to keyxmakerx's request X3
 

keyxmakerx
Member
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 23:53

by keyxmakerx » Sun Dec 22, 2013 02:21

captainfap wrote:
Novacain wrote:this is an awesome looking mod, however, it looks like it is missing the hoe. gotta give those farmers something to work with :P

edit: would be better if it wasn't rar.



.....I've haven't had the time had the time to update this mod for a while and a hoe would be cool but idk. i think about for a while and mabye i'll update it



Hey hun this mod isn't working no more!! Pwease fix when you get a chance, unfortunatly I can no give you a reason due to it just fails to start all together.
 

User avatar
TheEpicJames
Member
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 23:05
Location: Some grassy area next to a forest, a river and a desert.
IRC: TheEpicJames
In-game: Block_Guy

by TheEpicJames » Fri Jan 03, 2014 07:32

Is there any way I could just make it so there is rubies?
or remove ores from the mod?
I'm honestly not sure why I had "I like PIE." in my signature when I don't even really like it that much.
 

User avatar
Topywo
Member
 
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 20:27

by Topywo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:06

TheEpicJames wrote:Is there any way I could just make it so there is rubies?
or remove ores from the mod?


Ore generation. You could use the default/mapgen.lua in your minetest game as a layout:

minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/default/mapgen.lua
 

User avatar
LionLAD
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 21:50
Location: behind you

by LionLAD » Fri Jan 03, 2014 18:54

Topywo wrote:
TheEpicJames wrote:Is there any way I could just make it so there is rubies?
or remove ores from the mod?


Ore generation. You could use the default/mapgen.lua in your minetest game as a layout:

minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/default/mapgen.lua


if you didn't under stand what he just said.. yes there is just remove every peace of code that is about rubies but you can also look in the change long on the post and look for when i added the second gem this way you can just download an older version and then have only rubies in it but hte old versions have more bugs both ways will work up to you though
In game names:LAD,captainLAD,LionLAD
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
 

RebelD
Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 21:34
In-game: Dielan

Re: [Mod] Gem tools [gems]

by RebelD » Fri Jul 11, 2014 02:10

Hi,

I have the mod for some time now and its really awesome. Just one quick question, how do I make the swords do damage? As when I use them , they do nothing but push enemies back abit... Moving them as you will...
 

tfranko
Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 22:34

Re: [Mod] Gem tools [gems]

by tfranko » Mon Oct 06, 2014 22:37

RebelD wrote:Hi,

I have the mod for some time now and its really awesome. Just one quick question, how do I make the swords do damage? As when I use them , they do nothing but push enemies back abit... Moving them as you will...


I have this same problem. I looked through the code to see if I could make a quick change, but all of the changes I tried failed. Can anyone who knows how to make items cause damage help here? I'm using Carbone as my base game, running a 0.4.10 server on Ubuntu. Thanks.
 

User avatar
Krock
Developer
 
Posts: 4478
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 07:48
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: [Mod] Gem tools [gems]

by Krock » Tue Oct 07, 2014 09:01

tfranko wrote:
RebelD wrote:<snip>


I have this same problem. <snip>

Could you test this version?
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>
 

User avatar
philipbenr
Member
 
Posts: 1688
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 01:56
Location: United States
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

Re: [Mod] Gem tools [gems]

by philipbenr » Tue Oct 07, 2014 21:43

Thanks for doing this Krock! The mod could use an update.
 

tfranko
Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 22:34

Re: [Mod] Gem tools [gems]

by tfranko » Wed Oct 08, 2014 02:33

Krock wrote:Could you test this version?


Thanks for making this change so quickly! Damage works now. :)

I had to make a couple of minor changes to fix two problems.

In tools.lua, I changed line 327 from:
Code: Select all
wield_image = "shadow_shovel.png",

to:
Code: Select all
wield_image = "gems_shadow_shovel.png",


I noticed that none of the other tools have this field. Does that mean the wield_image field is optional in this case?

I changed the name of the shadow_axe.png file in the textures directory to gems_shadow_axe.png in order to get that texture to show up correctly.

So far, everything else seems to be working well. Thanks again!
 

User avatar
Krock
Developer
 
Posts: 4478
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 07:48
Location: Switzerland
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: [Mod] Gem tools [gems]

by Krock » Wed Oct 08, 2014 09:52

tfranko wrote:<snip>

Thanks for your bug/fail report.

Link to the commit
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>
 

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MoNTE48 and 4 guests