[MOD] Fishing! [v0.2][fishing]

ndjdjksisksk

by ndjdjksisksk » Post

ok thanks here is the error :

16:34:43: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
16:34:43: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
16:34:43: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\ian\Desktop\minetest-0.4.7-7734717-sounds-win32\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\domb\init.lua:
16:34:43: ERROR[main]: ...unds-win32\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\domb/domb.lua:365: invalid escape sequence near '"[DOM]DOM_util, use '
16:34:43: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
16:34:43: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'dofile'
16:34:43: ERROR[main]: ...unds-win32\bin\..\games\minetest_game\mods\domb\init.lua:4: in main chunk
16:34:43: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
nvm about me leaving minetest but i probably will for a while because i have nothing to do in this comunity becaise i can't make a server. my username is going to change i will make a new acount called stormchaser3000

DaN

by DaN » Post

You should add a depends.txt.
DaN H.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

DaN wrote:You should add a depends.txt.
Try Mossmanikin's fishing mod, he based it off this one, and it is very nice.
Back from the dead!

RebelD
In-game: Dielan

Re: [MOD] Fishing! [v0.2][fishing]

by RebelD » Post

any of the fishing mods that work for multiplayer cause in multiplayer it doesn't really seem to work :/

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Ethereal mod has a built in fishing feature that's simple and works fine on multiplayer servers...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7656&start=150#p153693

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

Hahaha, I was just about to write that too :D
much slowlier Xanthin wrote: Hello RebelID,

I heared about that and maybe you want to try the fishing feature from ethereal. It works fine at Xanadu Server and has a craftable fishing rod with which you just click at the water and get a fish by chance.
The fishing feature is in the fishing.lua, for the sashimi you will also need the sealife.lua (note: you have to comment out the drop of default sand by the undersea sand "Sandy" if you want to get this special sand to plant seaweed and let it grow) and the textures of course.
Attached is this simple fishing and seaplants feature, extraced and little modified from the ethereal mod.
edit: update of simple fishing/seaplant file
Attachments
fishing.zip
(19.46 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Last edited by Xanthin on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:26, edited 1 time in total.

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Thank you Templus1 and Xanthin for the extracted mod, i didn't know fishing is stable and possible in multiplayer ! :)
What's about compatibility problem ? with [sea], it's ok ? and with [plantlife_modpack] ?

Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

Minetestforfun wrote:Thank you Templus1 and Xanthin for the extracted mod, i didn't know fishing is stable and possible in multiplayer ! :)
What's about compatibility problem ? with [sea], it's ok ? and with [plantlife_modpack] ?
Oh, I love Topywo´s Sea modpack. And there is no compatibility problem with both together that I noticed (I also did not noticed problems with plantlife). But maybe than you want to change or delete the sashimi recipe and sealife.lua and use only the food and seaplants from the sea mod itself?

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

My idea is to delete "corals"/"sea_weed" and the recipe "sashimi" from this mod, delete the ethereal dependencies, and just take a good fishing mod with worms/raw fish/cooked fish

if i haven't make mistake with my modifications, it looks like this :
(can you check please ?)
Attachments
fishing-just fish.zip
(16.62 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Xanthin wrote:
Minetestforfun wrote:Thank you Templus1 and Xanthin for the extracted mod, i didn't know fishing is stable and possible in multiplayer ! :)
Oh, I love Topywo´s Sea modpack. And there is no compatibility problem with both together that I noticed (I also did not noticed problems with plantlife). But maybe than you want to change or delete the sashimi recipe and sealife.lua and use only the food and seaplants from the sea mod itself?
Thanks Xanthin :-)

A weak point of the sea-modpack is that one shouldn't plant manually seaweed and coral in the top-2 layers of water. As long as that doesn't happen the water isn't changed in the top layer, so fishing works perfectly fine.

If you want to use both mods and see the sealife coral and seaweed without being in an air bubble, and are using the sea-modpack, you can try making these changes in the minetest.register_node(s):

post_effect_color = {a=64, r=100, g=100, b=200},
-- when inside the node the view is still as if you're in the water

groups = {..., sea=1, ...}, -- + put noairblocks in the depends.txt
-- sea = 1 is used to change the water around a sea node

P.S. I saw a new post was made when trying to post above message:
"At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this."

Great option!

Gonna post it anyway :-)

Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

Minetestforfun wrote:My idea is to delete "corals"/"sea_weed" and the recipe "sashimi" from this mod, delete the ethereal dependencies, and just take a good fishing mod with worms/raw fish/cooked fish

if i haven't make mistake with my modifications, it looks like this :
(can you check please ?)
tested :)

Yes, thats just what I said:
Xanthin wrote: [...] delete the sashimi recipe and sealife.lua [...]
:D
And there was no ethereal dependency, it already works without it. So this too.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Indeed, the sea_modpack have this problem, i will try your changes in my server :)

@Xanthin
Sorry, I read too fast your post ^^
thank you :)

Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

Hey, no need for a sorry. Just wanted to let you know, that of course I tested the mentioned possibilities and it should be fine with yours :)

I also uptdated the posted fishing file above, so you can decide to have just the simple fishing or both, fishing and sealife, by commenting out the dofile for sealife in the init.lua.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

I can catch fish, make a "cooked fish" with a "raw_fish" in the furnace, but i can't eat the "cooked fish" or "the raw_fish", it's strange...
For the "eat values" i can see a good work in the hud mod i use :

Code: Select all

if minetest.get_modpath("fishing") ~= nil then
	overwrite("fishing:fish_raw", 2)
	overwrite("fishing:fish", 4)
	overwrite("fishing:sushi", 6)
	overwrite("fishing:shark", 4)
	overwrite("fishing:shark_cooked", 8)
	overwrite("fishing:pike", 4)
	overwrite("fishing:pike_cooked", 8)
end

RebelD

by RebelD » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Ethereal mod has a built in fishing feature that's simple and works fine on multiplayer servers...

okey thanks, guess it could suffice. Gonna try take a look at both cause that dobber thingie in the water and sounds are really handy to fish rather than just mining :P

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

RebelD wrote:
TenPlus1 wrote:Ethereal mod has a built in fishing feature that's simple and works fine on multiplayer servers...

okey thanks, guess it could suffice. Gonna try take a look at both cause that dobber thingie in the water and sounds are really handy to fish rather than just mining :P
Mossmanikin has a very nice fork of this fishing mod, but I haven't seen him around for about 6 months, so it might not work. https://github.com/Mossmanikin/fishing
Back from the dead!

RebelD

by RebelD » Post

Evergreen wrote:
RebelD wrote:

Mossmanikin has a very nice fork of this fishing mod, but I haven't seen him around for about 6 months, so it might not work. https://github.com/Mossmanikin/fishing
I'll try it again , thanks. Hope it works on multiplayer hehe :)

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

@Xanthin

With the extracted version of fishing you link, we need to modify a line in hunger.lua of the "hud" mod, see below :

if minetest.get_modpath("fishing") ~= nil then
overwrite("fishing:fish_raw", 2)
overwrite("fishing:fish", 5) -- change it to => "overwrite("fishing:fish_cooked", 5)"
overwrite("fishing:sushi", 6)
overwrite("fishing:shark", 4)
overwrite("fishing:shark_cooked", 8)
overwrite("fishing:pike", 4)
overwrite("fishing:pike_cooked", 8)
end

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

I had enabled your mod and was playing my world just fine for a while until I got this error that crashed the game.

2015-06-02 10:02:30: ERROR[main]: ServerError: /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:341: attempt to call method 'get_count' (a nil value)
2015-06-02 10:02:30: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2015-06-02 10:02:30: ERROR[main]: /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:341: in function 'item_drop'
2015-06-02 10:02:30: ERROR[main]: /home/nathan/.minetest/mods/fishing/init.lua:264: in function 'callback'
2015-06-02 10:02:30: ERROR[main]: /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:485: in function
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

wulfsdad
GitHub: hildigerr

by wulfsdad » Post

This was made for Minetest 0.4.4 and I havn't been keeping up with versions after that. There is a fork of this mod which may work better for you: viewtopic.php?id=6480

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

So I can't seem to get the worms in my inventory, and they have 299 health for some reason. I have MineTest 0.4.14.
Look at that, a signiture box! To bad I have nothing to put in i-... Wait...

wulfsdad
GitHub: hildigerr

by wulfsdad » Post

I haven't updated this since 0.4.4--I'm sure many things have changed since then, which make this mod obsolete. I have too many projects to work on this right now, but I'll add it to my queue. There is a fork of this mod, but I don't know if it has been kept up to date either.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Hi,

The MinetestForFun dev team also created this up-to-date fishing mod with many improvments and added features like new types of fishes, baits, different poles, etc... You can also create a "Contest Game" and craft some decorations with what you bait ! :)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13659&p=199910#p199910

hisforeverkid
In-game: Hisforever

by hisforeverkid » Post

Hi I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. My fishing mod is giving me this error. ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/hisforever/.minetest/mods/fishing/init.lua:
2016-07-17 18:16:44: ERROR[Main]: /home/hisforever/.minetest/mods/fishing/init.lua:127: attempt to index global 'default' (a nil value)
2016-07-17 18:16:44: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-07-17 18:16:44: ERROR[Main]: /home/hisforever/.minetest/mods/fishing/init.lua:127: in main chunk

This is my first error report

Thanks

Hisforever
Attachments
fishing mod error.png
fishing mod error.png (45.22 KiB) Viewed 1371 times

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

hisforeverkid wrote:Hi I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. My fishing mod is giving me this error. ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/hisforever/.minetest/mods/fishing/init.lua:
2016-07-17 18:16:44: ERROR[Main]: /home/hisforever/.minetest/mods/fishing/init.lua:127: attempt to index global 'default' (a nil value)
2016-07-17 18:16:44: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-07-17 18:16:44: ERROR[Main]: /home/hisforever/.minetest/mods/fishing/init.lua:127: in main chunk

This is my first error report

Thanks

Hisforever
You can go to init.lua file on a string 127 and then see what this error happened for.