[Mod] More Trees! [git][moretrees]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Mod] More Trees! [git][moretrees]

by VanessaE » Post

If someone provides a suitable pull request, or at least a tree model and biome info, I might add it.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

burli

by burli » Post

I don't get any tree, neither in v6 nor in v7. Also saplings don't grow

I use the daily build from launchpad for Ubuntu. No other mod installed

Edit: it seems that I needed to upgrade biome_lib. Now it works

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

that was my mistake when I first added this mod

ps some nice cherry trees would be nice

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I've updated this mod to use the minetest_game leafdecay API, since the game doesn't use ABMs anymore for this.

Of particular note to server owners/admins/moderators, and perhaps players in general: this leaf decay API only works if you *dig* a trunk, because it needs to set decay timers on the trees' leaves, so if you need to use Worldedit to bulk-remove a tree's trunk to trigger the leaves to decay, you need to use something like this:

Code: Select all

//luatransform if minetest.get_node(pos).name == "moretrees:willow_trunk" then minetest.dig_node(pos) end
You could still `//replace <trunk> air` if you want to, but then you'll need to //replace the leaves and any "fruit" items as well.

Replace the "moretrees:willow_trunk" with the name you actually want to delete, of course. This also has the side effect of causing fruit items (including pine cones, acorns, etc) to drop out as items as they and the leaves decay, in addition to the occasional sapling.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Peppy
IRC: Peppy
In-game: Peppy

by Peppy » Post

Hi,

Updating the mod, Minetest 0.4.15 stable exits throwing :

Code: Select all

node_defs.lua:271: attempt to call field 'register_leafdecay' (a nil value)
Is 0.4.15 Dev now required ?

burli

by burli » Post

You need the latest Minetest Game. But for the latest MTG you need Minetest 0.15-dev

Peppy

by Peppy » Post

ok, fortunately, I kept the old mod version, just in case ;)

As it will break things for many users, might this be added to the dependencies in the first post ?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Good call. Fixed in the first post. In any case, just get the latest development build from sfan5's site, https://minetest.kitsunemimi.pw/builds/ if you're on Windows, or build it from git sources and fetch the latest minetest_game if you're on Linux.

Development builds usually run better than stable builds once you get far enough out from the last stable release.

EdShouldBeInBed
In-game: EdShdBInBed

by EdShouldBeInBed » Post

Vanessa, is there a way to get every world generated by a subgame to use the same moretrees settings? Say I always want beech instead of the default trees.
I'm a writer who tinkers with code on occasion. I play minetest when insomnia makes the writing hard.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This would require ditching the moretrees config file (which is per-world), and instead putting its settings in minetest.conf. That's easily done, but I never saw a point in doing so. If you really need this, edit "default_settings.txt".

EdShouldBeInBed
In-game: EdShdBInBed

by EdShouldBeInBed » Post

VanessaE wrote:This would require ditching the moretrees config file (which is per-world), and instead putting its settings in minetest.conf. That's easily done, but I never saw a point in doing so. If you really need this, edit "default_settings.txt".
Hmm. Edited default_settings.txt, still getting default trees and full trees rather than saplings. New world.

EDIT: Ignore the brain-fogging writer, the trees in question were another mod's products. All your trees are wonderful and obey the setting, thus proving your continued awesome.
I'm a writer who tinkers with code on occasion. I play minetest when insomnia makes the writing hard.

joint007
In-game: milan

by joint007 » Post

Im sorry, i have some of problem and problem is on my side.:))))

dotconfig

by dotconfig » Post

hey!
this and the plant life mod seem like good mods but i can't try them since everytime i try to enter the world it says it couldnt call field register_leafdecay (a nil value). it seems u have updated these lines a few days ago and when i revert the change in one file it loads but doesnt work really either, can u help me out?

i have loaded the biome lib btw and use a few mods like mesecons and moreores etc, nothing that should get in the way

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Your copy of Minetest engine and minetest_game are too old. You'll need to do one of the following:

* downgrade plantlife, biome_lib, and whatever else, to the 0.4.15-stable copies (see first posts for those) and roll moretrees back to commit 471a11f9
* or update to a recent development build of Minetest and a corresponding minetest_game
* or wait for 0.4.16 to come out in a few weeks.

dotconfig

by dotconfig » Post

thanks! i downloaded the dev build and minetest_game. so in the stable version minetest_game is not included but will be in 0.4.16? thanks again for the quick answer, now everything works. no errors, yay :)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Yeah, it's just calling for a function that was introduced after 0.4.15-stable went out, that's all.

tats
IRC: tats
In-game: tats

Error: area volume exceeds allowed value of 551368

by tats » Post

I got the latest minetest version(0.4.16-dev) from Github, installed moretrees. I run into the following error:

Jul 09 07:35:13 insanity minetestserver[13098]: 2017-07-09 07:35:13: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'moretrees' in callback node_on_timer(): ....minetest/worlds/world/worldmods/moretrees/date_palm.lua:226: find_nodes_in_area(): area volume exceeds allowed value of 551368
Jul 09 07:35:13 insanity minetestserver[13098]: 2017-07-09 07:35:13: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
Jul 09 07:35:13 insanity minetestserver[13098]: 2017-07-09 07:35:13: ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'find_nodes_in_area'
Jul 09 07:35:13 insanity minetestserver[13098]: 2017-07-09 07:35:13: ERROR[Main]: ....minetest/worlds/world/worldmods/moretrees/date_palm.lua:226: in function 'find_fruit_trunks_near'
Jul 09 07:35:13 insanity minetestserver[13098]: 2017-07-09 07:35:13: ERROR[Main]: ....minetest/worlds/world/worldmods/moretrees/date_palm.lua:469: in function 'find_male_blossom'
Jul 09 07:35:13 insanity minetestserver[13098]: 2017-07-09 07:35:13: ERROR[Main]: ....minetest/worlds/world/worldmods/moretrees/date_palm.lua:543: in function <....minetest/worlds/world/worldmods/moretrees/date_palm.lua:522>

Please help

Minetest: 0.4.16-dev(from github)

Peppy

0.4.16 (non-dev)

by Peppy » Post

Hi,

Because of breaking changes in the player model, I don't want to install 0.4.16-dev.

Is there an older version of moretrees / biomelib that would be compatible with 0.4.16 ?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The current git of moretrees should work fine with 0.4.16-release. Ditto for biome_lib.

Peppy

by Peppy » Post

I found out what was wrong for me with 0.4.16-release.
I played too much with my minetest.conf and I had to comment this line again :

deprecated_lua_api_handling = legacy

---

Anyway, first post still says :
VanessaE wrote: Dependencies: Minetest development build and minetest_game from Feb. 25, 2017 or newer, and biome_lib.
(yes, I already had you changing this by the time you had to have a 0.4.15-dev build ;)

Have a good day.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Oops, forgot about the first post. Fixed.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This project has been moved to Gitlab.

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

er links pls I can't seem to find it at all
so I can't check for updates

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Links are in the first post.

Chibi ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

sorry I did look but couldn't see it for the life of me