Page 2 of 3

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 09:09
by BZab
It had to look similiar to base... so i decided to add moving orange dots ;) tried to put random stripes, but it sucked...
So I'll try new 16x16 and 64x64 versions of it, but: Still it has to be a bit transparent?
@EDIT: Ya said theres no movement - maybe code is wrong or ya didnt change it...
EDIT:
Image
16x16 PS about that code - if using my first textures, should be:

Code: Select all

{name="grav_suppress_field_animated.png", animation={type="vertical_frames", aspect_w=256, aspect_h=256, length=2.0}}
},
FOr that blue one - acpect - _w=16 - _h=16
@EDIT3: IDK why on imageshack it isnt so transparent, but blue background is around 80% transparent so ya will be still able to look through

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:36
by Ragnarok
@aximx51v
I've just made hum sound for elevator. If you like it, I'll be glad when you'll using it in elevator mod =) Sound is normalized to -0.3dB so use GAIN parameter in mod to decrease sound level (if will be too high).

Sound: http://db.tt/OXdDkY89
License: CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 16:25
by aximx51v
BZab wrote:It had to look similiar to base... so i decided to add moving orange dots ;) tried to put random stripes, but it sucked...
So I'll try new 16x16 and 64x64 versions of it, but: Still it has to be a bit transparent?
@EDIT: Ya said theres no movement - maybe code is wrong or ya didnt change it...
EDIT:
Image
16x16 PS about that code - if using my first textures, should be:

Code: Select all

{name="grav_suppress_field_animated.png", animation={type="vertical_frames", aspect_w=256, aspect_h=256, length=2.0}}
},
FOr that blue one - acpect - _w=16 - _h=16
@EDIT3: IDK why on imageshack it isnt so transparent, but blue background is around 80% transparent so ya will be still able to look through
got it to work! I didn't have enough {} in the code :D
i like the animation feel, but i think i like the dots better than the stripes. what if the animation image is the tiny yellow dots, arranged into stripes like the blue ones, and running upward instead of downward?
Like:
..................................
..................................
..................................
..................................

good work so far though!

btw, Ragnarok, i like the sound! (now, to implement it into the code...)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 16:52
by BZab
@up OK, with transparent background, or w/o?
And ill do a bit bigger dots ;)

Anyway - tommorrow ill be busy, so day after ill do it (If i won't do it today)

@upup: Generated or midi keyboard + vibrato? :D

EDIT: @up how big res? 16x16, 64x64 256x256 (as original)?

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 19:45
by Ragnarok
@aximx51v
Great!

@BZab
3Osc in LMMS: 2 channels playing Moog curve, detuned few cents - one channel left and the second one right. After that LPF Moog filter, export to *.wav and cutting, fading and export to *.ogg with Audacity ;P

Guys, what do you think about this path for dots in the antigravity field? From bottom to top. It can be little complicated to do, but effect for many, intertwining dots should be nice.

Image

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 19:53
by BZab
Hmmm maybe good idea, a bit as in this form portal :P
Not hard to do... but how to organize dots? :D
------
Polish: Albo weź wyjaśnij co masz na myśli, wszystkie mają się w takie krzywe układać?

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 00:28
by aximx51v
BZab wrote:@up OK, with transparent background, or w/o?
And ill do a bit bigger dots ;)

Anyway - tommorrow ill be busy, so day after ill do it (If i won't do it today)

@upup: Generated or midi keyboard + vibrato? :D

EDIT: @up how big res? 16x16, 64x64 256x256 (as original)?

transparent background: yes, we want to see through it. also i'd like to keep the dots yellow. bigger dots will be fine.
res: try different sizes, we'll see what's best

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 00:29
by aximx51v
Ragnarok wrote:@aximx51v
Great!

@BZab
3Osc in LMMS: 2 channels playing Moog curve, detuned few cents - one channel left and the second one right. After that LPF Moog filter, export to *.wav and cutting, fading and export to *.ogg with Audacity ;P

Guys, what do you think about this path for dots in the antigravity field? From bottom to top. It can be little complicated to do, but effect for many, intertwining dots should be nice.

Image
dunno what you mean, exactly. what type of movement would people see?

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 02:34
by Ragnarok
Something like that but with many dots starts moving from different parts of the image:

http://db.tt/9V5unITB

Similar to smooth flame, sparkles.

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 04:03
by aximx51v
Ragnarok wrote:Something like that but with many dots starts moving from different parts of the image:

http://db.tt/9V5unITB

Similar to smooth flame, sparkles.
but a whole bunch all at once, i get it now. yeah that'd be cool.
play around with it guys, let's see what looks best!

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 05:11
by aximx51v
Ragnarok wrote:@aximx51v
I've just made hum sound for elevator. If you like it, I'll be glad when you'll using it in elevator mod =) Sound is normalized to -0.3dB so use GAIN parameter in mod to decrease sound level (if will be too high).

Sound: http://db.tt/OXdDkY89
License: CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported
ok, how do i attach the sound to the generator node?
i can't figure that one out...

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 09:18
by Ragnarok
aximx51v wrote: ok, how do i attach the sound to the generator node?
In papyrus_bed mod I've done this that way:

Code: Select all

minetest.sound_play("papyrus_bed_snoring",{"papyrus_bed:bed", gain = 0.9, max_hear_distance = 10,})
so I suppose this will be correct:

Code: Select all

minetest.sound_play("antigravitational_elevator",{"elevator:grav_suppress_engine", gain = 0.9, max_hear_distance = 10,})
But I think the better way will be attach sound directly to the field:

Code: Select all

minetest.sound_play("antigravitational_elevator",{"elevator:grav_suppress_field", gain = 0.1, max_hear_distance = 25,})
Field will be hearing from distance (useful in mines). You may need to adjust the sound level (and distance parameter too) because gain = 0.1 can be too high. What do you think about applying another sound directly to the generator?

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 15:19
by aximx51v
Ragnarok wrote:
aximx51v wrote: ok, how do i attach the sound to the generator node?
In papyrus_bed mod I've done this that way:

Code: Select all

minetest.sound_play("papyrus_bed_snoring",{"papyrus_bed:bed", gain = 0.9, max_hear_distance = 10,})
so I suppose this will be correct:

Code: Select all

minetest.sound_play("antigravitational_elevator",{"elevator:grav_suppress_engine", gain = 0.9, max_hear_distance = 10,})
But I think the better way will be attach sound directly to the field:

Code: Select all

minetest.sound_play("antigravitational_elevator",{"elevator:grav_suppress_field", gain = 0.1, max_hear_distance = 25,})
Field will be hearing from distance (useful in mines). You may need to adjust the sound level (and distance parameter too) because gain = 0.1 can be too high. What do you think about applying another sound directly to the generator?
ok, got that.
and having the field make noise would be good, i think the same noise will be fine, i'll just make the generator a lot louder.
but where in the code do i put these to make them work?

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 19:17
by BZab
aximx51v wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:Something like that but with many dots starts moving from different parts of the image:

http://db.tt/9V5unITB

Similar to smooth flame, sparkles.
but a whole bunch all at once, i get it now. yeah that'd be cool.
play around with it guys, let's see what looks best!
FInally Im on-line, im too tired to do it - tommorrow ill do it w/o problem guys ^^

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 01:22
by aximx51v
guys this is what i was thinking as far as animation:
use this picture:

Image

and change the animation length to "length=0.5"

the animation should probably be more fluid, i only made it 4 frames.

by the way, does anybody know how to attach a looped track to a node? I haven't been able to make the hum sound work with the elevator nodes.

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 17:26
by BZab
Sorry - i had too much to do to school ;)
I've got a bit time now but tell me the res of texture ;)

@EDIT: Checked - i think yours is good, dont need to make another one ;)
@up: if want more fluid - ya can use my first:
if ya use GIMP:
Select by color orange dots > invert selection > delete > invert selection > change color
Not much to do, 13 frames animation ;)

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 23:41
by aximx51v
ok, I've made a texture I like for the field:
http://www.zimg.eu/i/3851431151
this thing is like 4 MB in size when it's a .PNG though lol. it crashes the game after the game loads the new texture, but when you open the game again everything is fine. maybe it should be a bit smaller...?

so, if i could just get the sound part to work i'd call this thing done!

edit:
funny, lua won't display the top and bottom tiles of the field as tiles different from the sides.
i have:
tiles = {{name="field_side_animated.png", animation={type="vertical_frames", aspect_w=256, aspect_h=256, length=0.5}}, "field_top.png", "field_bottom.png"},
but it still shows the animation tile on the top and bottom.
any thoughts?

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 14:25
by Ragnarok
aximx51v wrote: by the way, does anybody know how to attach a looped track to a node? I haven't been able to make the hum sound work with the elevator nodes.
I no have idea but I need this too, so I searching. In documentation is written that the sound can be looped only for objects. If you'll find a solution please describe how to you do that.

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 02:27
by aximx51v
it's only halfway done, but i figured i'd share it anyway.
i posted an updated version in my first post. check it out!

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 05:32
by prestidigitator
I just use a bucket of water. You don't have to punch anything; it auto-refreshes. ;-)

Neat idea though.

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 16:02
by aximx51v
Hey guys, the development is finished!!!

I just need some people to test it to make sure the bugs are worked out.

let me know what you think :)

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 21:45
by aximx51v
take a look at my main post i changed the pics.
in the first picture you can see how the anit-grav field casts a shadow?
what causes that?
anybody know how to get rid of that?

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 09:05
by Calinou
Set "sunlight_propagates = true" to the anti-gravity blocks.

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 00:05
by aximx51v
Calinou wrote:Set "sunlight_propagates = true" to the anti-gravity blocks.
it's already set that way. strange...
maybe i should reload the mod (remove it, run the game, and reinstall it) to see if that changes anything.
is there anybody else who's installed this and noticed this 'shadow'?

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 21:27
by aximx51v
I discovered that the shadows problem goes away when smooth lighting is checked. good enough for me