[Modpack] Sea [0.4.2] [sea]

Topywo

Re: [Modpack] Sea [0.4.0] [sea]

by Topywo » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Topywo wrote: Sokomine, With these lines around number 228 (above: colormachine.ordered = {} ) the blocks can make use of your colormachine:
You forgot your seastonebricks :-) I've added them as well. The new version of the colormachine will support this version of the sea modpack.
Seems quite a lot of blocks got added since I last checked. It's time to start a new singleplayer world I guess :-)
Thanks Sokomine!

Not adding the seastonebricks is on purpose. I also didn't make alternate crafting recipes for the seastonebricks, like for the cobble and gravel. At that time it seemed a lot of extra code.

However I've been in doubt for it for a while, now again, so I might make those recipes. In the meanwhile, what do you think about a p of 1/4 or 0.25 for the seastonebrick? Since in the previous stone/cobble there have been 4 dyes used, instead of 1?

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

What have you been doing with this mod lately?

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Inocudom wrote:What have you been doing with this mod lately?
Inocudom, last update in April I added quite some blocks with stair and slabs to make it more complete. I think for a next update I need to learn more about map generation and ABM's. Luckily there are some very good mods to learn it from.

At the moment I've not that much time. And when I've some spare time, I'm enjoying the Xanadu server with it's beautiful biomes.

I might also start something else before continuing this modpack.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Just so you know, HybridDog pushed this modpack to GitHub recently:
https://github.com/HybridDog/sea
This can allow for others to make commits to it.

DanteLives

by DanteLives » Post

This mod appears to be broken in the most recent version of minetest. The coral and seaweed now displace water. Also, the clams aren't appearing. Is anybody working on these bugs?

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

DanteLives wrote:This mod appears to be broken in the most recent version of minetest. The coral and seaweed now displace water. Also, the clams aren't appearing. Is anybody working on these bugs?
Thanks for reporting the bug!

Installed the latest minetest.dev.
- clams appear in time (look for the sand and dirt with algae on it)
- coral and seaweed displace water. I'm not sure if I understand it correctly. Coral and seaweed are supposed to appear on sand and dirt in the water. The water around it is changed to remove the cube that normally appears around a node. At -1 and 0 it doesn't look good. That's not nice, but normal. It's the opposite from normal water and for example papyrus in it that does look strange.

What's annoying but interesting at this moment, is that seacoral's ABM's don't work anymore, while those in seaplants do work. Seacoral is loaded (checked) and all the nodes are known. A small test placing torches on sand showed me that inside seacoral that ABM didn't work and in a seperate mod it did work. So I've some food for thought :-)

Topywo

Re: [Modpack] Sea [0.4.1] [sea]

by Topywo » Post

Coral not appearing fixed. In the 1st post there are 3 links to the latest 0.4.1 version.

The ABM's not working inside seacoral were caused by some code that allows crafting coral into dye only when not using Sokomine's colormachine. I probably ended the code reading with a return, before the ABM's started.

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

i've add your mod to my minetest server (0.4.10), it's very good !

i've also see a bug : coral and seaweed displace water (the same as you report)

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Minetestforfun wrote:i've add your mod to my minetest server (0.4.10), it's very good !

i've also see a bug : coral and seaweed displace water (the same as you report)
Thanks!

I'm still unsure I understand the word 'displace', though I looked it up. Can you be more precise? What is happening that turns out making it look like a bug?
- Is it perhaps that a coral/seaweed node occupies a place that used to be water? I tried to make movement through it as 'waterlike' possible. But because it's a plantlike node and not a liquidtype node you don't 'sink' when in it (though you can move downwards).
- or does it displace (replace?) water somewhere else?

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

the coral node creates an air node, and we can breathe in...
it's when i dig a coral node and i replace then

when a coral spawn naturally, they haven't this problem

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Support for the sea modpack has been updated in my colormachine mod.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

@Sokomine; Thanks!

@Minetestforfun;
- When you dig a coral or seaweed, the empty space will be filled with water
- Naturally spawn coral and seaweed won't occupy spaces from y = -2 and higher

- When manually placed in water at -1 or -2, coral and seaweed will turn the water around it in waterx, I created waterx to remove the airblocks around plantlike nodes under water. That water indeed looks like air, but isn't. When removing the 'placed' node again, the water stays waterx and will leave visual holes.
--- As long as the node is not removed, there's not much I can do to fill up the holes for a better visual result. It will be either that or I must keep all the nodes at -2 an -1 surrounded by an airblock.
--- If the node is removed again, I can relatively easy make the holes fill again with normal water.
--- I could also prohibit placement of sea-nodes at -2 and -1 or turn them, while placing, into 'land'-nodes. At this moment this is the most likely 'solution' I would choose.

Summary:
- Present Sea modpack: Everything under water looks good, but it's a mess just beneath the surface (-2,-1), when looking from the landside. A small prevention is that 'naturally' spawn coral and seaweed don't reach that zone.
- Possible future Sea modpack: Everything under water looks good except the highest 2 blocks (-1, -2). Those have an airblock, seen from under water. From above the water it looks more or less okay, just like papyrus that grows at -1.

Topywo

Re: [Modpack] Sea [0.4.2] [sea]

by Topywo » Post

Small update from 0.4.1 to 0.4.2.

When there's no 'sea' node nearby, the water will turn back into normal water. So if someone plants seaweed or coral at -1 or -2 level and later removes it, the hole will be refilled with the standard (visible) water.

DanteLives

by DanteLives » Post

I'm still having trouble with this mod and the most recent version of Minetest. The underwater plants always appear with air surrounding them inside the node box instead of water. Under previous versions of Minetest the plants appear in water without air surrounding them.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

DanteLives wrote:I'm still having trouble with this mod and the most recent version of Minetest. The underwater plants always appear with air surrounding them inside the node box instead of water. Under previous versions of Minetest the plants appear in water without air surrounding them.
Can you check in the configuration screen if the folder "noairblocks" (part of the sea-modpack) is enabled? This folder in combination with 'sea' in the group of the nodes should get rid of the 'air-bubbles'.

If you enable it, go to play and you still got the air-bubbles, can you check afterwards if the "noairblocks" folder is still enabled?

If this didn't work/gave information can you perhaps make a screenshot of this problem (to be sure we have the same thing in mind). You can put it here or pm it to me.

Thanks for the feedback!

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

i've the same problem with the latest minetest version :
Spoiler
Before the update of the server, i haven't the air node problem with sea mod...

world.mt :

Code: Select all

load_mod_noairblocks = true
load_mod_seacobble = true
load_mod_seacoral = true
load_mod_seaglass = true
load_mod_seagravel = true
load_mod_sealamps = true
load_mod_seaplants = true
load_mod_seastone = true
load_mod_seastonebrick = true
load_mod_seawrecks = true

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

@minetestforfun
I see, thanks a lot!

I'll make a latest build of minetest to solve this problem.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

@DanteLives and Minetestforfun

Are you playing with the opaque water option checked? For me it doesn't give exactly the screenshot, but almost.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

@Topywo
Yes, "opaque water" is checked, without this option, it works great ! it was simple =)

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

@Minetestforfun

I'm glad you're happy with that solution :-) I don't think it's possible to have both opaque checked and noairblocks working.

DanteLives

by DanteLives » Post

Unfortunately the fix for Mintetestforfun isn't working for me. I've confirmed that the noairblocks mod within the modpack is active both before and after I encounter the bug. I've looked in the debug.txt file and don't see any errors in loading the noairblocks mod. Also, I do not have the opaque water option checked. Here's a screenshot as requested to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

@DanteLives
Thanks for the screenshot!

I really want to solve this. I can't reproduce this 'bug' so I've the following questions I hope you are willing to answer:

What minetest version are you using? (Windows/Linux, 0.4.9, 0.4.10, a dev version? From what source?) (Are you perhaps using a version in which finite water is checked?)

Which sea version and which compressed file do you use?

Have you tried removing the sea-modpack and reinstalling it?

What game are you using? (minetest_game, dreambuilder, carbone?)

What mods and modpacks do you have:
1. in your mods folder?
2. enabled when this 'bug' happens?

What texture pack are you using?

Thanks for your time and patience!

DanteLives

by DanteLives » Post

Questions quoted with applicable answers follows:

"What minetest version are you using? (Windows/Linux, 0.4.9, 0.4.10, a dev version? From what source?)"

Ubuntu Linux 0.4.10. I installed Minetest from ppa:minetestdevs/stable. According to my package manager I've got the most recent version in the repository.

" (Are you perhaps using a version in which finite water is checked?)"

I can't find the finite water option in either the menus or in minetest.conf. I otherwise don't know how to find a better answer to this question.

"Which sea version and which compressed file do you use?"

sea.0.4.2.tar.gz

"Have you tried removing the sea-modpack and reinstalling it?"

Yes, I just tried that. I deleted the modpack. Installed it from the file I identified above. I created a new world and only activated the sea-modpack and unifieddyes (after I got an error message about the failed dependency). No opaque water checked.

"What game are you using?"

minetest_game
Mapgen is v6

"What mods and modpacks do you have:
1. in your mods folder?"
beds
castle
columnia
cottages
custom (my own simple mod that creates a cooking recipe for coal from wood)
hud
lantern
moreblocks
moreores
scaffolding
scuba
unifieddyes
unified_inventory
wakling_light

"2. enabled when this 'bug' happens?"

As described above I've encountered the bug with only sea and unifieddyes activated.

"What texture pack are you using?"

Cisouns, but I've replecated the bug after deactivating it.

You're welcome to ask any other questions that might help in addressing this bug. As I posted previously, I've enjoyed this modpack under a previous version of Minetest without this bug and I hope to do so again. Thanks for looking into this.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

@DanteLives

Thanks for answering all the questions!

I've some new questions, but first something you might have tried already:
What happens if you check opaque water (where for others unchecking/not checking is a solution)

If that long shot didn't work:
Are all, your computer, Ubuntu and your minetest 32 bit or 64 based? (I have very little knowledge of this, but understand it is best when all are the same)

Since it is a package I assume it is installed system wide.
Are you willing to try to compile/build minetest yourself as a run in place version?
I use (copy) the instructions for Linux in the readme.txt https://github.com/minetest/minetest .
(you probably need to type sudo before being able to install dependencies)
(you need to type/copy the minetest version number that appeared in your folder, stead of using the 286edd4 -example)

Before doing this, you might want to run this command in the terminal:
sudo apt-get install build-essential to be able to compile minetest.

Just to be complete:

Do you have these lines:

WATER_ALPHA = 160 (line number 6)
in
minetest/games/minetest_game/mods/default/init.lua

alpha = 0, (lines 20 and 53)
in
mods/sea/noairblocks/init.lua

P.s. I made a run in place build of the 0.4.10 stable (with 0.4.10 minetest_game stable) from the Github ressources and couldn't reproduce the airblocks you have).

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

with latest 0.4.11 build => problem :

i didn't have this problem in 0.4.10 dev... i haven't "opaque" option activated :)