[Modpack] Sea [0.4.2] [sea]

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Version 0.3.0 is out.

Not compatible with previous versions.

Maybe this version will be nicer for the FPS :-)

ABM and Ore generation can be unbalanced.

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Post

The new plants and corals look awesome! :)
I hope you can find a way to get rid of all the air in water.
Also the game really runs a lot smoother with this version.
Keep up the good work.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

How well does this work with liquid_finite turned on?

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Mossmanikin wrote:The new plants and corals look awesome! :)
I hope you can find a way to get rid of all the air in water.
Also the game really runs a lot smoother with this version.
Keep up the good work.

I'm still not sure if "waterbubblesalmostgone" helps or the bubbles will disappear anyway.

I'm glad this sea version runs smoother.

Inocudom wrote:How well does this work with liquid_finite turned on?
Almost always I use the 'standard' minetest.conf (+jungles and dungeons).

I just added:

liquid_finite = 1
liquid_update = 0.2
liquid_relax = 2

and tried out a new world. It looks like it works as well with liquid_finite turned on.

Edit: Tried it again, because I didn't test removing seaplants and corals. Removing them will cause airblocks (solution causing the problem :-p ), However, after a while the seaplants and coral will regrow 'removing' the airblocks. There may stay a problem for seaplants that have been partly harvested.

I'll think about this for a while. Too much block changing will cause glitching. Are there many players using finite?
Last edited by Topywo on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:09, edited 1 time in total.

falsegrayburger
In-game: naro

by falsegrayburger » Post

i love it!

GJH105775

by GJH105775 » Post

Nice, +1 for sure.
Check out my mod xtrablocks, has some different types of marble that you can build with or mine at different depths

I am not here regularly as I just kind of pop in and out. If you want to find me I'll be on quadcopterforum.com helping with multirotor builds and spending other's money haha.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/ ... hicons.jpg

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I installed and activated the modpack but not and corals of anything else “sea-like” spawned so far. :-(

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

jenova99sephiros wrote:i love it!
GJH105775 wrote:Nice, +1 for sure.
Thanks! :-)

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I installed and activated the modpack but not and corals of anything else “sea-like” spawned so far. :-(
Try exiting and restarting the game.

Sometimes with testing I had to wait too and then 'suddenly' a lot appeared at the same time.
Last edited by Topywo on Wed Sep 25, 2013 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

Could you alias the 0.2.0 items in 0.3.1 so we don't have a bunch of unknown blocks, please?

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Jouster27 wrote:Could you alias the 0.2.0 items in 0.3.1 so we don't have a bunch of unknown blocks, please?
Thanks for reminding me. I didn't expect many players using 0.2.0. I'll look for a solution. I think aliasing a part and reintroducing another part. Also I need to find out how aliasing exactly works, but I think I'll manage.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Topywo wrote:
Jouster27 wrote:Could you alias the 0.2.0 items in 0.3.1 so we don't have a bunch of unknown blocks, please?
Thanks for reminding me. I didn't expect many players using 0.2.0. I'll look for a solution. I think aliasing a part and reintroducing another part. Also I need to find out how aliasing exactly works, but I think I'll manage.
minetest.register_alias("old_node_name","new_node_name")

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

webdesigner97 wrote: minetest.register_alias("old_node_name","new_node_name")
Thanks!

Lukeking

by Lukeking » Post

awesome mod +100000
:-D~
Minetest Redcrab Server 0.4.4 - Pyrite and Evergreens town - PPS (Pyrite Police Station) officer - PCS (Pyrite Car Shop)
P0RTAL-gun-mod (WIP)+all pblocks-stuff
Minetest Mod Creator- Application
like-dislike-button-mod WIP, discostuff-mod WIP

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Lukeking wrote:awesome mod +100000
:-D~
Thank you :-)

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Topywo wrote:
webdesigner97 wrote: minetest.register_alias("old_node_name","new_node_name")
Thanks!
np :)

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

Topywo wrote:
I'd appreciate it. I'd be perfectly fine with having the 0.2.0 blocks changed to whatever was already in 0.3.0. I'm not tied to any particular mat.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

I tried creating a new world to see if this mod caused certain problems I had noticed when I upgraded an existing world. Unfortunately, it did. It slowed-down the game to the point where I experienced a serious lag everytime I moved into a new chunk but I could almost deal with that. The deal-breaker for me was that when I put materials into a furnace, it wouldn't work until I moved out of the chunk and then came back in. Even then, the furnace would only process one block of material and then freeze again. It's possible that my computer just isn't fast-enough to keep-up with this mod and the others I like to run or it may be a conflict with my other mods. Guess I'll have to give-up on pretty seas... Oh well. At least I got to see some pretty eye-candy.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Jouster27 wrote:I tried creating a new world to see if this mod caused certain problems I had noticed when I upgraded an existing world. Unfortunately, it did. It slowed-down the game to the point where I experienced a serious lag everytime I moved into a new chunk but I could almost deal with that. The deal-breaker for me was that when I put materials into a furnace, it wouldn't work until I moved out of the chunk and then came back in. Even then, the furnace would only process one block of material and then freeze again. It's possible that my computer just isn't fast-enough to keep-up with this mod and the others I like to run or it may be a conflict with my other mods. Guess I'll have to give-up on pretty seas... Oh well. At least I got to see some pretty eye-candy.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm not educated in computers and programming. From trail and error I think this is caused by two or three things.

Graphics
I have poor computer graphic settings (128 MB video memory (software rendered/virtual box)) for minetest. When the sea flourishes I experience a slow down, the same amount I have in jungles and with more trees and the same on servers near crowded spawn areas. Not nice, but acceptable.

When trying out nodeboxes for seaplants I got the idea that when it was full with other drawtype nodes than normal my fps run towards 0.

I could diminish the amount of coral and seaplants (a bit), but don't want to 'empty the sea'.

Code
I didn't try out the furnaces. I'll need to find out if I get the same problems. I use a lot of ABM's for the Sea-modpack. Maybe because my computer's processor and RAM are more than enough I don't experience problems with them. Even the calculation of hundreds of lines for the seaplants nodeboxes didn't seem problematic.

Only sometimes the sea stays empty and then suddenly or after returning to that area it get's filled (which looks like the furnace 'bug' you mentioned).

By the way, slow/frozen furnaces are familiar to me from the redcrab and landrush servers.

Perhaps there's a solution for this, made available by leetelate:
viewtopic.php?pid=110486#p110486

I'll also think about the possibilities to replace some ABM's with on generate.

Some other news. The aliasing is almost ready. I'll reintroduce a (for now) simpler version of the clams mod. I don't seem able to alias entities (perhaps that's why I always see posts about clearing objects :-) )

I'll soon upload it (I need to improve some textures).

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Version 0.3.1. is out.

Also see post 1.

I made aliases for the 0.2 seaplants and clams mod. The clams mod has been simplified (a lot). It will be extended in the future as this modpack is w.i.p. .

Important: I removed the waterbubblesalmostgone mod, because it caused the furnaces to slow down to almost freeze.

Jouster27, I could reproduce the furnace 'bug'. In my tests it is solved now. Thanks for pointing it out!

Edit: The bleacher will change into a colormachine when using that dependency or else in a mese_block. I don't have a 'logical' alias for it.
Last edited by Topywo on Sun Oct 06, 2013 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

Speed problem fixed in 0.3.1 is fixed. Furnace works correctly now. Aliases don't seem to be working. I still have a lot of underwater unknown blocks. I'm not seeing the new sea blocks anymore. I'll tinker with this a bit more later on to see if they pop-up. Thanks for fixing the speed issue.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Jouster27 wrote:Speed problem fixed in 0.3.1 is fixed. Furnace works correctly now. Aliases don't seem to be working. I still have a lot of underwater unknown blocks. I'm not seeing the new sea blocks anymore. I'll tinker with this a bit more later on to see if they pop-up. Thanks for fixing the speed issue.
It's good to read the speed is ok now and the furnaces work.

I'll alias the nodes from version 0.1 too, maybe that will work.

I'm not sure why you don't see the new sea-blocks anymore. As soon I as a have some time I'll work again on the mod.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

Topywo wrote:It's good to read the speed is ok now and the furnaces work.

I'll alias the nodes from version 0.1 too, maybe that will work.

I'm not sure why you don't see the new sea-blocks anymore. As soon I as a have some time I'll work again on the mod.
I just took a quick fly around to some new areas. It looks like the unknown nodes are generating in new portions of the map. I'm starting to wonder if the aliases are backwards, pointing new blocks to old types instead of the the old pointing to the new. I could be mistaken about what I'm seeing but that's what it seemed like.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Jouster27 wrote: I just took a quick fly around to some new areas. It looks like the unknown nodes are generating in new portions of the map. I'm starting to wonder if the aliases are backwards, pointing new blocks to old types instead of the the old pointing to the new. I could be mistaken about what I'm seeing but that's what it seemed like.
I just installed the 0.2 version and created all the possible nodes.

Then I installed 0.3.1 and took a look.

It seems that all aliases are working fine, both those I placed, as the ones in my inventory. The only unknown stuff are unknown objects (entities) above the algae blocks. Those are the 'old' blue, yellow and red shells. Hitting those makes them disappear (they won't float away). Sometimes there's already a white shell on the same spot.

Then I took a fast fly to a new area. All the new nodes and entities showed up, no unknown nodes or objects.

It's possible that it's another mod that generates unknown ore lacking aliases from another sea-version (I'll fix that soon).

But a few seconds ago I remembered having enabling 'problems' while testing (parts of) the sea-modpack. I sometimes used the clams mod inside the modpack sea and also had a clams outside that modpack in my minetest/mods folder.

Possible solution
Please make sure there's only one sea-modpack (version 0.3.1) in your minetest/mods folder. (Re)move older sea-modpacks and parts from the older sea-modpack (clams or seaplants) from your minetest/mods folder. Then when ingame, check if you enabled the sea-modpack and all the mods inside the sea-modpack.

I hope this caused the problems (and solved them).

Edit: typo's.
Last edited by Topywo on Wed Oct 09, 2013 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Small update version 0.3.1 --> 0.3.2

Changes:
- made aliases for the version < 0.2.0
- faster ABM seacoral and seaplants
- sealamps mod --> Torches and lanterns without airbubble for underwater use