[Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.13] [minetest-3d_armor]

stu
GitHub: stujones11

Re: [Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.4] [minetest-3d_armor]

by stu » Post

VanessaE wrote:Wardrobes in Homedecor are basically their own thing (contributed by jp/kilbith I think), and only expect the master branch of 3d_armor. Shouldn't there be some kind of alias/wrapper in your multiskin branch to allow mods that look for the master branch's calls to work?
The multiskin branch will eventually be merged into master but I guess I could add some compaibilty code, unfortunately I'm using a tablet ATM and it is hard enough posting this let alone try to edit code :-/

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

wieldview looks like...well...nothing! I think switching from player.b3d instead of player.x in the most recent build might have broke it...

stu

by stu » Post

benrob0329 wrote:wieldview looks like...well...nothing! I think switching from player.b3d instead of player.x in the most recent build might have broke it...
The current b3d model is working ok for me. Are you, by any chance using another mod that alters the player model?
If so then it's probably not compatible.

benrob0329

by benrob0329 » Post

Not that I know of, though i can try with just 3D Armor..
EDIT: Nope, could it be the fact that I'm in singleplayer? It worked before though...

EDIT 2: It works on a server, but thats running 0.4.12

benrob0329

by benrob0329 » Post

Could you add support for the new shift+click feature in dev plz?

stu

by stu » Post

benrob0329 wrote:Could you add support for the new shift+click feature in dev plz?
Sorry, I have no idea what you mean by that. Besides, I will not depend on in-dev features as not everyone is using a development build.

benrob0329

by benrob0329 » Post

What I mean by it, is that in 0.4.13 there is a new feature (in the default inventory) to be able to push shift+click on the item and it will be put in a chest/furnace.

Would it be possible to have such a feature on the modified version of the inventory? As it doesn't work right now...

legopikmin
In-game: legopikmin

by legopikmin » Post

Do you care if I use the base code of your mod to make some cool masks? Like LoZ Majora's Mask style masks. I'd credit you for the base code. Still kind of new here donno how stuff works lol.
The present is the future's history.

benrob0329

by benrob0329 » Post

I believe you can make new "armor" in a separate mod using the API, so you wouldn't have to have redundant code.

stu

by stu » Post

legopikmin wrote:Do you care if I use the base code of your mod to make some cool masks? Like LoZ Majora's Mask style masks. I'd credit you for the base code. Still kind of new here donno how stuff works lol.
The code is LGPL so no problem, you can pretty much do what you like with it under the terms of that license.
However, as benrob0329 suggests, you might be better off simply depending on 3d_armor, like this mod for example.

Samson1
GitHub: MoJo4000
IRC: Samson1
In-game: Samson1

by Samson1 » Post

This mod is not compatible with the Crafting modpack/crafting table and a Minecrat like inventory, it is a problem because I am going to make the Samson's world server into a Minecraft like sever. Could you make it work with the crafting mod please?

stu

by stu » Post

Samson1 wrote:This mod is not compatible with the Crafting modpack/crafting table and a Minecrat like inventory, it is a problem because I am going to make the Samson's world server into a Minecraft like sever. Could you make it work with the crafting mod please?
It certainly used to be compatible, at least with the 3d_armor mod. What errors are you getting?

zzantozz

by zzantozz » Post

I got a crash when running this mod in server 0.4.13. I'm sorry I can't provide more context, but I've been having several problems since upgrading, and I don't remember the exact set of conditions when this happened:

Code: Select all

2015-09-07 12:36:42: ERROR[main]: UNRECOVERABLE error occurred. Stopping server. Please fix the following error:
2015-09-07 12:36:42: ERROR[main]: Lua: Runtime error from mod '3d_armor' in callback on_dieplayer(): /home/ryan/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:558: attempt to call field 'get_formspec' (a nil value)
2015-09-07 12:36:42: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2015-09-07 12:36:42: ERROR[main]:       /home/ryan/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:558: in function </home/ryan/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:540>
2015-09-07 12:36:42: ERROR[main]:       /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:355: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:335>

In thread 7f1b11bf37c0:
/build/minetest-xOOHPg/minetest-0.4.13/src/server.cpp:511: void Server::step(float): A fatal error occurred: Lua: Runtime error from mod '3d_armor' in callback on_dieplayer(): /home/ryan/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:558: attempt to call field 'get_formspec' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        /home/ryan/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:558: in function </home/ryan/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/3d_armor/armor.lua:540>
        /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:355: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:335>
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f1aff7fe700:
#0  virtual void* EmergeThread::Thread()
(Leftover data: #1  MapBlock* ServerMap::loadBlock(v3s16))
(Leftover data: #2  void ServerMap::loadBlock(std::string*, v3s16, MapSector*, bool))
(Leftover data: #3  void ItemStack::deSerialize(std::istream&, IItemDefManager*))
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f1afffff700:
#0  virtual void* ServerThread::Thread()
#1  void Server::Receive()
(Leftover data: #2  void Server::SendBlocks(float))
(Leftover data: #3  void RemoteClient::GetNextBlocks(ServerEnvironment*, EmergeManager*, float, std::vector<PrioritySortedBlockTransfer>&))
(Leftover data: #4  void Server::SendInventory(PlayerSAO*))
(Leftover data: #5  void ItemStack::serialize(std::ostream&) const)
(Leftover data: #6  bool getCraftingResult(Inventory*, ItemStack&, std::vector<ItemStack>&, bool, IGameDef*))
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f1b11bf37c0:
#0  int main(int, char**)
#1  Dedicated server branch
#2  void dedicated_server_loop(Server&, bool&)
#3  void Server::step(float)

stu

by stu » Post

zzantozz wrote:I got a crash when running this mod in server 0.4.13. I'm sorry I can't provide more context, but I've been having several problems since upgrading, and I don't remember the exact set of conditions when this happened
It looks like you are using an incompatible version of the inventory plus mod. Please use one of the supported versions linked in the first post.

zzantozz

by zzantozz » Post

stu wrote:It looks like you are using an incompatible version of the inventory plus mod. Please use one of the supported versions linked in the first post.
By "supported version", I guess you mean the Zeg9 inventory++ mod listed under the "actively supported mods"? I'll give that a try. That could certainly be the problem as I'm still trying to figure out how all this stuff works together.

zzantozz

by zzantozz » Post

I tried that mod with no success. I just realized, though, that I'm also trying to use crafting mod because I like the thematic addition of needing a workbench to craft large items, and I think that's the problem here. It has its own, new inventory screen that integrates with inventory_plus. My inventory seems to get confused between that screen and whatever 3d armor is doing. When I first bring up inventory, I see the crafting mod inventory, which has four, dedicated armor slots, but I can almost never equip anything in them. In rare, random occasions, it switches me into what looks like an armor view, but there don't seem to be any controls to switch back and forth on demand.

stu

by stu » Post

zzantozz wrote:I tried that mod with no success. I just realized, though, that I'm also trying to use crafting mod because I like the thematic addition of needing a workbench to craft large items, and I think that's the problem here. It has its own, new inventory screen that integrates with inventory_plus. My inventory seems to get confused between that screen and whatever 3d armor is doing. When I first bring up inventory, I see the crafting mod inventory, which has four, dedicated armor slots, but I can almost never equip anything in them. In rare, random occasions, it switches me into what looks like an armor view, but there don't seem to be any controls to switch back and forth on demand.
OK, someone else recently reported a problem with the crafting mod but did not provide any details. I will take a look at it as soon as I get a chance.

stu

by stu » Post

After some investigation, it turns out that the crafting modpack actually supplies it's own 'dummy' version of the inventory_plus mod that really does nothing more than wipe out the inventory_plus namespace and supply a couple of empty functions. Unfortunately it does not include the get_formspec function which is only available in Zeg9's version (or so it seems)

tl;dr...Remove the inventory++ mod and update 3d_armor, it should now work as expected.

zzantozz

by zzantozz » Post

Great! Thanks for the update. I'll give that a try this evening.

zzantozz

by zzantozz » Post

I downloaded the newest 3d_armor and removed the full inventory_plus, but left it enabled in world.mt so it loads the stub version in the craft pack, and it seems to work based on a quick test. Thanks again!

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Post

I wrote a very simplified version of this for my subgame with player skin overlaying.
Don't need to change the player model, then.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

stu

by stu » Post

kaadmy wrote:I wrote a very simplified version of this for my subgame with player skin overlaying.
Don't need to change the player model, then.
Cool, that's pretty much how this mod started out but then I got myself a bit carried away 8)

benrob0329

by benrob0329 » Post

Now that 0.4.13 is out, could you please add the shift click functionality to armor peices?

stu

by stu » Post

benrob0329 wrote:Now that 0.4.13 is out, could you please add the shift click functionality to armor peices?
I am working on it, there will probably be an update in the near future. In the meantime, there is currently a pull request from Tenplus1 that adds this functionality for inventory_plus, you could checkout his fork

Echoes91
In-game: Echoes

by Echoes91 » Post

Since cows from Tenplus1's Mobs Redo drop leather, it would be nice to add a leather armor in the future.