[Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.13] [minetest-3d_armor]

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

... I've been playing around with the code, creating a "clothing" mod based on 3d_armor. I'm a dunce, so I wound up disabling the check in my modified armor.lua (called clothing.lua) that loads the groups (armor_use, etc). I'll throw it up here as soon as I finish textures (modified armor, of course).

Pretty cool, though.
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

stu
GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Post

Added HD texture support to the current dev version. This currently requires a recent minetest dev build with the multiple UV texture support patch, post Jul 09, 2013

For minetest version 0.4.6/7 use the direct download link in the first post or use the version-0.3.1 github branch.
Last edited by stu on Sun Jul 14, 2013 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

good job it lookjs better than the last time i saw it. Keep up the good work.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

I want to warn you that I am using this mod.
I really enjoyed!
There's something I really need.
A dummy for each armor
A wooden dummy
A dummy iron
A dummy brass
A dummy diamond
Lack also an indicator in the inventory to facilitate understanding of where each object will. Example: a drawing of the helmet in place is the helmet.
This other tip is not so important but still interesting.
Put a dummy in the inventory, which shows how the player is. Just to see as this increases the happiness of the user.
Those are my words.
No doubt this was one of the best mods I've ever seen. Thank you!
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

could someone give me a link to the shields mod or extension?

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

philipbenr wrote:could someone give me a link to the shields mod or extension?
You could use one of the links in the first post. The shield mod is part of the modpack.

stu

by stu » Post

I have just made some updates to wieldview that may interest those using the current git version of this mod.

I have added a table of transformations that correct the rotation of default items that did not look so good. This table can be extended by a server admin to cover items from third-party mods. see wieldview/transform.lua

Made the wielded items more 3d looking by rendering multiple layers slightly spaced apart. This is quite experimental and I would be interested to here what others think about it, it does increase the size of the model by a fair bit.

I also made ordinary nodes, or anything without an inventory image, not visible by default. If you want 'nodes' to show up as 3d tiles then it can be enabled by setting wieldview_node_tiles = true in minetest.conf

Last edited by stu on Sun Aug 04, 2013 21:51, edited 1 time in total.

BadWolf

by BadWolf » Post

weird... thing: Image

I just installed the mod, It seems to work smooth, it doesn't crash, doesn't slow down, it was great until I went to actually look at another player, and found that they were holding a small version of their own texture. I logged in to the server as a different character to make sure, and I snapped this picture. The player I'm taking a picture of is holding a pickaxe. I tried multiple items with no change

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

BadWolf wrote:weird... thing: Image

I just installed the mod, It seems to work smooth, it doesn't crash, doesn't slow down, it was great until I went to actually look at another player, and found that they were holding a small version of their own texture. I logged in to the server as a different character to make sure, and I snapped this picture. The player I'm taking a picture of is holding a pickaxe. I tried multiple items with no change
I came across this too, I think updating my version of minetest fixed it.

BadWolf

by BadWolf » Post

Updating to git? I'm reluctant to do that

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

BadWolf wrote:Updating to git? I'm reluctant to do that
Why do all the new people hate git?! -_-
Back from the dead!

BadWolf

by BadWolf » Post

Evergreen wrote:
I don't hate git. I want as close to stable running server as possible. It is my understanding that git is the development release, and I don't hear anyone refering to it's stability.

Truth is I'd upgrade if I were playing singleplayer but I've been working with a friend on a private server for a group. Currently I put more work into it than I had originally estimated just to keep it running smoothly, add as many mods as we can without overloading or glitching, and I'm working on a couple small mods on the side
Last edited by BadWolf on Mon Aug 05, 2013 13:37, edited 1 time in total.

Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

BadWolf wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
I don't hate git. I want as close to stable running server as possible. It is my understanding that git is the development release, and I don't hear anyone refering to it's stability
No, git is a project manager. Github is an online extension for git that minetest (and tons of other people) use to manage the/their project(s), and for collaboration purposes.
Back from the dead!

stu

by stu » Post

BadWolf wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
I don't hate git. I want as close to stable running server as possible. It is my understanding that git is the development release, and I don't hear anyone refering to it's stability
Well that is true of a lot of software but here the current git version is often the most stable. Anyway I should have pointed out that the current git version of this mod requires both client and server to be fairly recent builds of minetest. This is noted in the first post.
Last edited by stu on Mon Aug 05, 2013 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

celeron55
Administrator
GitHub: celeron55
IRC: celeron55

by celeron55 » Post

BadWolf wrote:
Evergreen wrote:
I don't hate git. I want as close to stable running server as possible. It is my understanding that git is the development release, and I don't hear anyone refering to it's stability.
This is completely true. Everyone who uses the git version without regular backups is always in greater danger of an irrepairably broken world and such.

Do not endorse the attitude that the git version is safe; it is very stressful to developers to try to always keep it in a perfect condition.

Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

celeron55 wrote:
BadWolf wrote:
Evergreen wrote:Why do all the new people hate git?! -_-
This is completely true. Everyone who uses the git version without regular backups is always in greater danger of an irrepairably broken world and such.

Do not endorse the attitude that the git version is safe; it is very stressful to developers to try to always keep it in a perfect condition.
I was thinking that he disliked git as in the project manager, not the latest unstable minetest version.
Back from the dead!

stu

by stu » Post

celeron55 wrote:
BadWolf wrote:
Evergreen wrote:Why do all the new people hate git?! -_-

I would like to point out that I in no way endorse the idea that the development version is safe to use, particularly as a public server. My comments about the current git version 'often' being the most stable were mildly sarcastic and refers more to the client and game.

To use the latest git version of this mod you need any minetest build post Jul 09, 2013, this should include most of the third-party win32 builds by now.

As for minetestserver, you are probably best advised to await the release of minetest 0.4.8, which should be fairly soon.
Last edited by stu on Mon Aug 05, 2013 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

ndjdjksisksk

by ndjdjksisksk » Post

can i have a download to the more armor mod so i can have mithril armor this would be cool for a server
Last edited by ndjdjksisksk on Wed Aug 14, 2013 09:13, edited 1 time in total.
nvm about me leaving minetest but i probably will for a while because i have nothing to do in this comunity becaise i can't make a server. my username is going to change i will make a new acount called stormchaser3000

addi
GitHub: adrido

by addi » Post

the good thing at this mod is: that you dont need a actual server. its just enough to have a actual client. if this is installed on a 0.4.7 server it dosent work for 0.4.7 clients. but if you use a beta-client it schows the armor and the wielditem.

i like this mod! its just amazing :) (exept the feature diamond-armor because its realy unreal)
(mithril would be better)
Last edited by addi on Wed Aug 14, 2013 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

hammergil

by hammergil » Post

BadWolf wrote:weird... thing: http://s15.postimg.org/b8x4dkz2f/Screenshot_from_2013_08_04_21_34_22.jpg

I get the same problem. I have the most current version of minetest installed on ubuntu precise. I have tried on multiple computers, all the same. Any fix for this?

Claire

by Claire » Post

This is a KICKASS mod!!! I would LOVE to see this in the default Minetest game! C:

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

+1 should be added to the actual game :)

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

@Claire:
It's great for multi-player, but it will probably never be added to minetest_game. Here's why:

Minetest_game is a barebones, simple starter pack designed for offline play. Servers install mods at will, so adding a multiplayer-oriented mod to minetest is a little... extraneous. Singleplayer will never actually see the effects of the mod, anyroad. Since there are no mobs in the default package, armour is useless.

If minetest_game were designed for multiplayer, wieldview would be added, although PvP-oriented mods (armour, shield), wouldn't.
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

ndjdjksisksk

by ndjdjksisksk » Post

tinoesroho wrote:@Claire:
It's great for multi-player, but it will probably never be added to minetest_game. Here's why:

Minetest_game is a barebones, simple starter pack designed for offline play. Servers install mods at will, so adding a multiplayer-oriented mod to minetest is a little... extraneous. Singleplayer will never actually see the effects of the mod, anyroad. Since there are no mobs in the default package, armour is useless.

If minetest_game were designed for multiplayer, wieldview would be added, although PvP-oriented mods (armour, shield), wouldn't.
i realy disagree minetest is a pure multi-player game remember in the minetest 0.3.1 days when the only ting in the menue was the adress bar to type a server adress in or start a multi player server
nvm about me leaving minetest but i probably will for a while because i have nothing to do in this comunity becaise i can't make a server. my username is going to change i will make a new acount called stormchaser3000

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

ndjdjksisksk wrote:
tinoesroho wrote:@Claire:

i realy disagree minetest is a pure multi-player game remember in the minetest 0.3.1 days when the only ting in the menue was the adress bar to type a server adress in or start a multi player server
Bear in mind armour mods tend to completely block any entity damage at all because of the way they work, so they remove any mob damage at all, without wearing down.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.