[Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.13] [minetest-3d_armor]

Spartacuscat

Re: [Modpack] minetest-3d_armor [0.4.1] [minetest-3d_armor]

by Spartacuscat » Post

stu wrote: You will need to provide a bit more information than that i'm afraid, pastebin the relevant section of your debug.txt file, also tell me what version of minetest and what version of this modpack you are using. It is important that you choose the correct one.
Chose the newest one, for 4.9, running Ubuntu 12.04 and for some reason I'm not getting a debug.txt file when the error happens.

How do I get the debug.txt?

stu
GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Post

Spartacuscat wrote:
stu wrote: You will need to provide a bit more information than that i'm afraid, pastebin the relevant section of your debug.txt file, also tell me what version of minetest and what version of this modpack you are using. It is important that you choose the correct one.
Chose the newest one, for 4.9, running Ubuntu 12.04 and for some reason I'm not getting a debug.txt file when the error happens.

How do I get the debug.txt?
You should find debug.txt in your minetest/bin directory, when you find it, delete it and run the program again to reproduce the error. debug.txt will now contain only relevant information, thanks.

Spartacuscat

by Spartacuscat » Post

Okay here it is
Spoiler
-------------
Separator
-------------

15:53:13: ACTION[main]: [MOD]inventory_plus -- loaded from /home/myname/.minetest/mods/inventory_plus
15:53:13: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
15:53:13: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
15:53:13: ERROR[main]: /home/myname/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/init.lua:
15:53:13: ERROR[main]: /home/myname/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/armor.lua:252: attempt to call field 'player_register_model' (a nil value)
15:53:13: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
15:53:13: ERROR[main]: /home/myname/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/armor.lua:252: in main chunk
15:53:13: ERROR[main]: [C]: in function 'dofile'
15:53:13: ERROR[main]: /home/myname/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/init.lua:2: in main chunk
15:53:13: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
15:53:13: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/myname/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/init.lua
15:53:13: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/myname/.minetest/mods/3d_armor/init.lua

stu

by stu » Post

Are you by any chance using a different game to minetest_game? If so then there is a chance it's version of default player.lua may not be compatible.

I can think of no other reason you would get that error, player_register_model should not be a nil value in minetest 0.4.9 stable.

Spartacuscat

by Spartacuscat » Post

Well I used these command parameters on my terminal to install it.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:minetestdevs/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install minetestc55

So that's a big no.

stu

by stu » Post

Spartacuscat wrote:Well I used these command parameters on my terminal to install it.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:minetestdevs/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install minetestc55

So that's a big no.
So you will also need to download minetest game

Code: Select all

cd minetest/games
git clone git://github.com/minetest/minetest_game.git
This mod does not work with minimal, I guess I should make this more clear in the top post.

Spartacuscat

by Spartacuscat » Post

Aw shyucks, I'm sorry man, I joined this community nearly 3 years ago so I wasn't able to keep up with stuff like that, which mostly everyone knows about by now.

Vazon
IRC: Vazon
In-game: Vazon

by Vazon » Post

Hey I thought this would be cool, if the wield hand was a 3d item like in the built_items when they are droped, in stead of just a flat image. But its just a idea.

Spartacuscat

by Spartacuscat » Post

stu wrote: So you will also need to download minetest game

Code: Select all

cd minetest/games
git clone git://github.com/minetest/minetest_game.git
So I ran that code and installed it and compiled it to the best of my abilities twice and the armor pack still doesn't work. Care to tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Spoiler
myname@Gespenst:~$ sudoapt-get install build-essential libirrlicht-dev cmake libbz2-dev \
> libpng12-dev libjpeg8-dev libxxf86vm-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libsqlite3-dev \
> libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libopenal-dev
sudoapt-get: command not found
myname@Gespenst:~$ sudo apt-get install build-essential libirrlicht-dev cmake libbz2-dev libpng12-dev libjpeg8-dev libxxf86vm-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libopenal-dev
[sudo] password for myname:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libbz2-dev is already the newest version.
libjpeg8-dev is already the newest version.
libogg-dev is already the newest version.
libopenal-dev is already the newest version.
libpng12-dev is already the newest version.
libvorbis-dev is already the newest version.
libirrlicht-dev is already the newest version.
build-essential is already the newest version.
cmake is already the newest version.
libgl1-mesa-dev is already the newest version.
libsqlite3-dev is already the newest version.
libxxf86vm-dev is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
myname@Gespenst:~$ wget https://github.com/minetest/minetest/tarball/master -O master.tar.gz
--2014-05-11 20:22:55-- https://github.com/minetest/minetest/tarball/master
Resolving github.com (github.com)... 192.30.252.130
Connecting to github.com (github.com)|192.30.252.130|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location: https://codeload.github.com/minetest/mi ... .gz/master [following]
--2014-05-11 20:22:55-- https://codeload.github.com/minetest/mi ... .gz/master
Resolving codeload.github.com (codeload.github.com)... 192.30.252.147
Connecting to codeload.github.com (codeload.github.com)|192.30.252.147|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 5232408 (5.0M) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: `master.tar.gz'

100%[======================================>] 5,232,408 281K/s in 20s

2014-05-11 20:23:16 (252 KB/s) - `master.tar.gz' saved [5232408/5232408]

myname@Gespenst:~$ tar xf master.tar.gz
myname@Gespenst:~$ cd minetest-minetest-286edd4 (or similar)
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
myname@Gespenst:~$ cd minetest-minetest-286edd4
bash: cd: minetest-minetest-286edd4: No such file or directory
myname@Gespenst:~$ cd games/
bash: cd: games/: No such file or directory
myname@Gespenst:~$ wget https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... all/master -O master.tar.gz
--2014-05-11 20:24:47-- https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... all/master
Resolving github.com (github.com)... 192.30.252.129
Connecting to github.com (github.com)|192.30.252.129|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location: https://codeload.github.com/minetest/mi ... .gz/master [following]
--2014-05-11 20:24:47-- https://codeload.github.com/minetest/mi ... .gz/master
Resolving codeload.github.com (codeload.github.com)... 192.30.252.146
Connecting to codeload.github.com (codeload.github.com)|192.30.252.146|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 763098 (745K) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: `master.tar.gz'

100%[======================================>] 763,098 251K/s in 3.0s

2014-05-11 20:24:50 (251 KB/s) - `master.tar.gz' saved [763098/763098]

myname@Gespenst:~$ tar xf master.tar.gz
myname@Gespenst:~$ mv minetest-minetest_game-* minetest_game
mv: cannot move `minetest-minetest_game-15740ff' to `minetest_game/minetest-minetest_game-15740ff': Directory not empty
myname@Gespenst:~$ cd ..
myname@Gespenst:/home$ cmake . -DRUN_IN_PLACE=1
CMake Error: The source directory "/home" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
myname@Gespenst:/home$ make -j2
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
myname@Gespenst:/home$ cd bin
bash: cd: bin: No such file or directory
myname@Gespenst:/home$ cd bin
bash: cd: bin: No such file or directory
myname@Gespenst:/home$ ./minetest
bash: ./minetest: No such file or directory
myname@Gespenst:/home$ ./minetest
bash: ./minetest: No such file or directory
myname@Gespenst:/home$
Should I just uninstall everything and start fresh?

I also followed this wiki entry's directions http://dev.minetest.net/Compiling_Minetest

If you can't help me please redirect somewhere where I can receive help, please.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

cd minetest-minetest-286edd4 (or similar), cd minetest-minetest-286edd4

-->

286edd4 is the example directory. You need another letter/number combination. It's in a directory/folder you created seconds before. Look in your home directory for the right number/letter combination after minetest- and copy it from there. It could be something like cd minetest-minetest-15740ff.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I have an interesting idea. How about the ability for a player to make his/her armor invisible?

stu

by stu » Post

Vazon wrote:Hey I thought this would be cool, if the wield hand was a 3d item like in the built_items when they are droped, in stead of just a flat image. But its just a idea.
Sorry, I missed this post. I already did that with my wield3d mod, unfortunately I am currently unable to get both bone attachment and multiple materials to work together. The former works in .b3d and the latter only in .x, from what I can gather, the blender exporters may be to blame in both cases. I am still looking into it, however.
Inocudom wrote:I have an interesting idea. How about the ability for a player to make his/her armor invisible?
Seems a little counter productive for a modpack entitled 'Visible Wielded Items & Player Armor'
I guess I could call it 'Air Armor', it would make a nice match for the 'Air Sword' ;-)

Glünggi

by Glünggi » Post

Vote for Nyan Cat Armor :P... in rainbowcolors of curse ;)

Edit:
And is there a way to suspend Breathdamage under Water from Armordamage?

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

stu wrote:
Inocudom wrote:I have an interesting idea. How about the ability for a player to make his/her armor invisible?
Seems a little counter productive for a modpack entitled 'Visible Wielded Items & Player Armor'
I guess I could call it 'Air Armor', it would make a nice match for the 'Air Sword' ;-)
I know, but sometimes players want to look at their skins and have protection at the same time. The option could apply to all types of armor. It would be a step up from Minecraft.

nman3600
GitHub: nman3600
IRC: nman3600
In-game: nman3600

by nman3600 » Post

Very cool mod :-) It's fun to play

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

Question:
This might be more server config related but how can you limit the attack range so both players have to be close to each other?

Issue:
With armor on an empty hand attack does more damage then a sword would. This is mostly noticeable with the steel armor.

Vazon

by Vazon » Post

stu wrote:
Vazon wrote:Hey I thought this would be cool, if the wield hand was a 3d item like in the built_items when they are droped, in stead of just a flat image. But its just a idea.
Sorry, I missed this post. I already did that with my wield3d mod, unfortunately I am currently unable to get both bone attachment and multiple materials to work together. The former works in .b3d and the latter only in .x, from what I can gather, the blender exporters may be to blame in both cases. I am still looking into it, however.
Ok, ya I found it and started working with it along side unified_skins, and 3d_armor. I managed to get the item in the right place I just cant get the item to attach to his hand but other wise it seems to work fine. If there was anyway just to attach the two then it would be fine.

stu

by stu » Post

Vazon wrote:
stu wrote:
Ok, ya I found it and started working with it along side unified_skins, and 3d_armor. I managed to get the item in the right place I just cant get the item to attach to his hand but other wise it seems to work fine. If there was anyway just to attach the two then it would be fine.
There is but it's a bit messy, you need to 'doctor' the model so that is can be exported with the right handed coordinate system.
Unless you are a wizard with blender, this will not be a trivial matter for the 3d_armor model.

This post on gamedev.net is about the best info I have found so far.
http://www.gamedev.net/topic/627603-str ... one-nodes/

Vazon

by Vazon » Post

Ya, I'm not a blender person, so I would have no idea how to do that.

ak399g
In-game: SAFR

by ak399g » Post

Is there any way to get this to work with Unified Inventory instead of Inventory++?

Vazon

by Vazon » Post

ak399g i have done that on my server, i merged Carbones settings and removed some code and now its in the unifed inv.

stu

by stu » Post

ak399g wrote:Is there any way to get this to work with Unified Inventory instead of Inventory++?
The current git master already has support for UI
viewtopic.php?p=137509#p137509
I guess it's about time I updated the top post, sorry about that.

ak399g

by ak399g » Post

as I had recalled. Thanks Vazon and stu!

followup Q: I put on some armor and it did show up on the player model. when I went to change it, it disappeared and wouldn't show, no matter what armor I put on. If it's of any concern, I did create my own armor (essentially registering a new set of textures - same levels as diamond armor)

edit: it's strange because depending on the order or spacing I put a helmet, chestplate, and boots in, it may or may not display. not sure what's happening.

edit: scratch that. it's strange because it randomly happens, no matter the configuration. if I switch to another wielditem, there's a chance the armor will stop displaying. fiddle a bit and it may come back. totally random.
Also running player_textures, but this happens to a player who doesn't have a personal texture either. Not sure if it's because I'm running 3 instances of minetest on one machine.

edit: under further examination, it's definitely something strange going on with wieldview. Either I can see the armor but not the item a player is holding, or I can see the item but not the armor. Exclusivity problem.

stu

by stu » Post

ak399g wrote:as I had recalled. Thanks Vazon and stu!

followup Q: I put on some armor and it did show up on the player model. when I went to change it, it disappeared and wouldn't show, no matter what armor I put on. If it's of any concern, I did create my own armor (essentially registering a new set of textures - same levels as diamond armor)

edit: it's strange because depending on the order or spacing I put a helmet, chestplate, and boots in, it may or may not display. not sure what's happening.

edit: scratch that. it's strange because it randomly happens, no matter the configuration. if I switch to another wielditem, there's a chance the armor will stop displaying. fiddle a bit and it may come back. totally random.
Also running player_textures, but this happens to a player who doesn't have a personal texture either. Not sure if it's because I'm running 3 instances of minetest on one machine.

edit: under further examination, it's definitely something strange going on with wieldview. Either I can see the armor but not the item a player is holding, or I can see the item but not the armor. Exclusivity problem.
This sounds like a mod or version conflict somewhere, are you using this with something other than minetest_game,
if so then it may not have a compatible version of player.lua

Custom textures should be fine as long as you followed the naming convention, besides they would either work or not, they would not just work sometimes.

When you say that some armor does not show up, are you talking about the preview, the second person veiw (another client) or the third person view (F7) and does it affect all three?

Can you test this with all other mods disabled (except for player_textures and your chosen inventory mod)
Also please let me know your exact minetest engine version, ie the git head it was built from so I can try to reproduce this myself, thanks.

ak399g

by ak399g » Post

stu wrote: This sounds like a mod or version conflict somewhere, are you using this with something other than minetest_game,
if so then it may not have a compatible version of player.lua

Custom textures should be fine as long as you followed the naming convention, besides they would either work or not, they would not just work sometimes.

When you say that some armor does not show up, are you talking about the preview, the second person veiw (another client) or the third person view (F7) and does it affect all three?

Can you test this with all other mods disabled (except for player_textures and your chosen inventory mod)
Also please let me know your exact minetest engine version, ie the git head it was built from so I can try to reproduce this myself, thanks.
I am using the game "minetest_server", but that's just me copying "minetest_game" with bones removed.

When I say the armor does not show up, I mean: I have creative inventory previews and textures for the armor. I have not made on-character previews for the armor menu (that's not the problem). When looking at Player A from a second client (Person B), Player A can put on armor and it is displayed. When Player A switches the active item in his inventory hotbar, wieldview will kick in but the armor will stop displaying. When Player A goes back into his armor menu and moves some stuff around, the armor (usually) shows up again, but wieldview then stops working. This goes back and forth ad infinitum.

My version of minetest is 0.4.9, out of the minetestc55 PPA. https://launchpad.net/~minetestdevs/+archive/stable/ -- I do not have F7 third-person functionality. I do not know the git head it was built from or where to find that out. (Should I be using the minetestc55 ppa, or the standard minetest ppa that shows up in Synaptic? I run Xubuntu 14.04)

I tried it under a test world using "minetest_server" with player_textures and unified inventory. There is no glitching. Makes me think it's a world mod conflict. The mods I'm using in the world that glitches are:
Spoiler
antiguest
areas
bags
chests_0gb_us
connected_textures
flatten
homedecor
item_drop
itemframes
jail
locked_furnace
locked_sign
maptools
minetest-3d_armor
minetest-mod-mesecons
money
moreblocks
moreores
player_textures
safr_tweaks --[[just adds a gettime command and some on-death announcements]]
server_extended
streets
trash_can
travelnet
unified_inventory
worldedit
I'll let you know if I can solve it.

EDIT: For some reason, two submods of a duplicate universal 3d_armor modpack were enabled (also why I couldn't see them earlier, being only partially enabled), and turning those off seems to have solved the problem. Regular nodes do not show up in the wieldview still, but the armor no longer glitches out and tools do show up.