[Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.13] [minetest-3d_armor]

stu
GitHub: stujones11

Re: [Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.11] [minetest-3d_armor]

by stu » Post

GreenDimond wrote:I'd like to set an armor texture to a vertical frames animation, but the `gsub` on L229 in the api.lua prevents me. Is there some way I can use minetest.override_item to set `self.textures[name].armor` to the texture I want?
This doesn't work:

Code: Select all

minetest.override_item("mymod:shield_mymod", {
	self.textures[name].armor = {
		{
            name = "mymod_shield_mymod_anim.png",
            animation = {
                type = "vertical_frames",
                aspect_w = 3,
                aspect_h = 3,
                length = 1,
            },
        },
    },)
})
This is not possible anyway since entities do not support animated textures. Otherwise, you should be able to use 'override' on armor items, just as you can any other.
bell07 wrote:ok, tenplus closed the issue without changes. Seems the inventory_plus requires sfinv for creative.
Now I created new issue on 3d_armor site with solution proposal: https://github.com/stujones11/minetest- ... issues/134
@bell07 Thanks, I have replied in the issue tracker.
Last edited by stu on Tue Mar 13, 2018 19:08, edited 4 times in total.

Dan2018

by Dan2018 » Post

Loving the armor so far,

I have modified the wood chest plate to

armor_heal=100
So the server can be in normal mode but so they dont kill each other all the time.

Is there any way to make this wood chestplate immune to other players but make it so they still take fall/lava damage?

Many thanks

stu

by stu » Post

Dan2018 wrote: Is there any way to make this wood chestplate immune to other players but make it so they still take fall/lava damage
For Minetest Game at least, the best way would be to give the armor item a 'fleshy' group level of 100

armor_groups = {fleshy=100},
However, if you have mods that add 'super weapons' then you may need to increase that and/or include other damage groups, I forget the exact formula.

The heal feature is a bit of a kludge really, to compensate for the lack of granularity in the default HP levels. You will need to set this to 0 for other damages to work normally. Thankfully, the development version of Minetest Engine has some interesting new features that should help overcome many of these issues.

Phoenixflo44
In-game: EvilPhoenix

by Phoenixflo44 » Post

New Armor new protection.
Spoiler
I hate my life

stu

by stu » Post

Phoenixflo44 wrote:New Armor new protection.
Sure, but you will have to wait for Minetest 0.5.x :)

Phoenixflo44
In-game: EvilPhoenix

by Phoenixflo44 » Post

Unfortunately :[
Spoiler
I hate my life

Dan2018

by Dan2018 » Post

Tried setting
fleshy=100

instead of the default 10.

Set heal to 0.

Seems like they are still invincible after jumping off a cliff.

Do we have to tweak the fleshy number to the top heart damage of the best weapon?

Update: Seemed to have worked now, when i teleported someone to me they didnt take damage but falling now does. Set the use to 9999 as well.

stu

by stu » Post

Dan2018 wrote:Seemed to have worked now, when i teleported someone to me they didnt take damage but falling now does. Set the use to 9999 as well.
Glad you got it working, however, setting `armor_use` to a higher value actually causes the armor to wear out more quickly. If you want indestructible armor then you should set this value to zero.
Dan2018 wrote:Do we have to tweak the fleshy number to the top heart damage of the best weapon?
There is a bit more to it than that, you can see the exact formula here: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... .txt#L1901
Like I say though, `fleshy=100` should suffice for the base game and the majority of mods but setting it higher should not have any adverse effect, AFAIK :)

csirolli
GitHub: HeyITGuyFixIt
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

by csirolli » Post

When 3d_armor's admin armor gets hit with anything, the item used is destroyed. What causes this behavior?

stu

by stu » Post

csirolli wrote:When 3d_armor's admin armor gets hit with anything, the item used is destroyed. What causes this behavior?
It was a feature demonstration I added to the admin shield. It was not very popular and has since been removed 4baed2c

There have also been some other fairly important fixes recently so you would be well advised to update anyway. I will try to make a new release sometime tomorrow if I have time.

stu

by stu » Post

I have held off from making a new release today due to a recent issue report I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this problem recently. It also needs testing with the new 0.4.17 bugfix release, although I am not expecting any problems there.

Dan2018

by Dan2018 » Post

Not had that issue here. Always seem to have worked fine.

Have just set our bone config to keep so users keep items when they die.
Anyway to make the fitted armor to stay after death to?
Only really want to keep the wood chest plate as ive edited to make it invincible. People always forget to make a new one.
Thanks

stu

by stu » Post

Dan2018 wrote:Not had that issue here. Always seem to have worked fine.

Have just set our bone config to keep so users keep items when they die.
Anyway to make the fitted armor to stay after death to?
Only really want to keep the wood chest plate as ive edited to make it invincible. People always forget to make a new one.
Thanks
You can do this by adding the following to your minetest.conf

armor_drop = false
Alternatively you could remove the 'bones' mod from MTG as the presence of this mod determines the default setting.

csirolli
GitHub: HeyITGuyFixIt
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

by csirolli » Post

Just to let you know, it seems that issue I raised is not a problem with this mod but with the 0.4.16 engine. It was indeed fixed in 0.4.17.

stu

Re: [Modpack] 3D Armor [0.4.12] [minetest-3d_armor]

by stu » Post

Version Update: 0.4.12
  • Shields: Remove on_punch effects and fix positional sound effects
  • Fix crash with UI but no technic by @numberZero
  • Add POVA support by @tenplus1
  • Display correct heal attribute level
  • Fix detached inventory exploit

SteveDaSteve
GitHub: SteveDaSteve

by SteveDaSteve » Post

I've come across a bug, the player is displaced a node below where he should be, whether I am wearing armor or not.

Home_Blocks Mod- The default texture block-adding mod

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

SteveDaSteve wrote:I've come across a bug, the player is displaced a node below where he should be, whether I am wearing armor or not.
Not a bug. You should use the correct mod version for your Minetest installation: https://github.com/stujones11/minetest- ... _0.5.0-dev
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

SteveDaSteve
GitHub: SteveDaSteve

by SteveDaSteve » Post

Krock wrote:
SteveDaSteve wrote:I've come across a bug, the player is displaced a node below where he should be, whether I am wearing armor or not.
Not a bug. You should use the correct mod version for your Minetest installation: https://github.com/stujones11/minetest- ... _0.5.0-dev
Ok, that worked, thanks for the help!
Home_Blocks Mod- The default texture block-adding mod

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Using wieldview support for a new mod I'm making, is there a way to make the Wieldview item appear bigger, say, 3x?
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Polysaken: wieldview uses a face on the 3d_armor player model which already has a set size, but using wield3d might help since you could resize what you see: https://github.com/stujones11/wield3d

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Polysaken: wieldview uses a face on the 3d_armor player model which already has a set size, but using wield3d might help since you could resize what you see: https://github.com/stujones11/wield3d
Hmm, ok. The mod specifically depends on the 3d_armor mod itself, so i'll have to put in a warning message to disable wieldview if using wield3d
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

PolySaken wrote:
TenPlus1 wrote:Polysaken: wieldview uses a face on the 3d_armor player model which already has a set size, but using wield3d might help since you could resize what you see: https://github.com/stujones11/wield3d
Hmm, ok. The mod specifically depends on the 3d_armor mod itself, so i'll have to put in a warning message to disable wieldview if using wield3d
They actually work together. No need to disable anything.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

GreenDimond wrote:
PolySaken wrote:
They actually work together. No need to disable anything.
oh, i thought it would make two items appear.
edit: for my purpose it will not work. wieldview disables the resizing for some reason.

stu

by stu » Post

PolySaken wrote:oh, i thought it would make two items appear.
edit: for my purpose it will not work. wieldview disables the resizing for some reason.
They were made to work together so that tool items can use the less visually glitchy wieldview mod while wield3d can be used to show nodes and other generated meshes. As TenPlus1 rightly points out, the wieldview item is actually part of the armor model so cannot be scaled separately.

However, you can fix the wield3d attachment issues locally (or on your server) by substituting the player model with this one: https://github.com/stujones11/minetest- ... sam_viewer

Note: This will only work with MT 5.0.0-dev without some adjustments to position and collision/selection boxes and will have no effect with 3d_armor since it changes the model anyway. I will get around to fixing that before the MT 5.0.0 release xD

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

stu wrote:
PolySaken wrote:oh, i thought it would make two items appear.
They were made to work together so that tool items can use the less visually glitchy wieldview mod while wield3d can be used to show nodes and other generated meshes. As TenPlus1 rightly points out, the wieldview item is actually part of the armor model so cannot be scaled separately.

However, you can fix the wield3d attachment issues locally (or on your server) by substituting the player model with this one: https://github.com/stujones11/minetest- ... sam_viewer

Note: This will only work with MT 5.0.0-dev without some adjustments to position and collision/selection boxes and will have no effect with 3d_armor since it changes the model anyway. I will get around to fixing that before the MT 5.0.0 release xD
Ah. that makes sense.
I'm using 0.4.17.1, not 5.0.0 so I'll keep the current setup, but thanks anyway.