[Mod] travelnet teleporters/bookmarks [2.0][travelnet]

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

Re: [Mod] travelnet teleporters/bookmarks [2.0][travelnet]

by 12Me21 » Post

Sokomine wrote:
12Me21 wrote: I've found 2 problems:
1: when inside an elevator/travelnet box, you can't open the elevator doors because the hitbox for the teleporter surrounds you
That's why it has those "<>" buttons in front of the station name. Click on that button to open/close the door - like with a real elevator.
oh!
Sokomine wrote:
12Me21 wrote: 2: if you push the elevator with a piston so there's a block where the top half was, then move it again or break it, it will destroy the block.
That's a common problem with all 2-nodes-wide objects and pistons. There's no easy solution for that I'm afraid.
It doesn't happen with normal travelnet boxes...

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

12Me21 wrote: It doesn't happen with normal travelnet boxes...
That's right. They use diffrent mechanisms. For the travelnets, I used a nodebox that's just bigger than a node. The elevators where written by someone else who thought it'd be cleaner to use a second node - which causes other types of problems (which you see here). Neither solution is perfect.
A list of my mods can be found here.

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

Sokomine wrote:
12Me21 wrote: It doesn't happen with normal travelnet boxes...
That's right. They use diffrent mechanisms. For the travelnets, I used a nodebox that's just bigger than a node. The elevators where written by someone else who thought it'd be cleaner to use a second node - which causes other types of problems (which you see here). Neither solution is perfect.
I haven't noticed any problems with the first system; sure, you can use pistons to put another node in the top half of the travelnet box, but that's a good thing, since you can put signs there!

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The appearance of the travelnet stations and elevators has changed a bit: They received a nice mesh and optimized textures by VanessaE. The old 512px textures where removed (you can find versions in hdx texture packs). The stations now look like this:

SnowWolfX
In-game: SnowWolfX

by SnowWolfX » Post

How to make Iron ingot??? i

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

SnowWolfX wrote:How to make Iron ingot??? i
in minetest steel and iron are sadly the same
http://wiki.minetest.net/Steel_Ingot

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

SnowWolfX

by SnowWolfX » Post

well to build this i need iron but i only have steel ??

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

SnowWolfX wrote: well to build this i need iron but i only have steel ??
A steel ingot ought to work perfectly fine. It's what you get when you melt iron ore in a furnace.

SnowWolfX

by SnowWolfX » Post

i used steel igot to build didtt work.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Maybe you ought to install a craft guide then. Please try unified_inventory. It helps a lot with crafting receipes.

Samson1
GitHub: MoJo4000
IRC: Samson1
In-game: Samson1

by Samson1 » Post

A very good mod

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Hi

Quick question: I have travelnet elevator installed but for some reason it doesn't transport to other stations. they are 15000 meters apart.
they are in same network, i.e. right on top of each other in x, z coord.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

OldCoder

by OldCoder » Post

I've produced an experimental release of the travelnet mod with several changes. Hopefully, Sokomine will be able to incorporate them. If not, after the mod is tested, I'll probably release it as a fork.

People are invited to test the new release. Important: Map files and travelnet data files should be backed-up first.

Here's a summary of the changes:

* I've added a travelnet reset tool named "travelnet:reset". The tool requires the "server" priv. Admins can use the tool to simplify moves or renames of travelnets and cleanup of damaged travelnet data files.

* There seem to be two bugs in the standard travelnet mod related to field names. Specifically, two formspecs write owner name to "owner_name" as opposed to "owner". This caused problems and has been fixed.

* Players with the "travelnet_attach" privilege can now create travel networks for other players as well as add to them. This solves problems for some admin operations.

* The standard travelnet control-panel texture is a bit unclear. Players don't know what to click on. I've restored an alternate texture that was used in the past.

Details related to the travelnet reset tool:

* Back-up both "map.sqlite" files and "mod_travelnet.data" files before trying the new tool.

* The tool will damage travel networks if it's used improperly. It should only be carried or wielded when needed.

* To use the tool, wield it, left-click on a travelnet that you'd like to reset, wield just your hand, left-click again, then right-click and wait a moment. The travelnet should be reset and a formspec should appear that allows new information to be entered.

* Existing entries in the travelnet database with matching positions will be deleted. Additionally, meta information in the selected node will be reset.

* If you specify complete information in the formspec, existing entries in the travelnet database with matching information will be deleted. Additionally, the associated travelnets will be reset.

* UjEdwin and TenPlus1 are contributors to the new mod. UjEdwin wrote the ownerhack mod, which showed me how to create the reset tool. TenPlus1 directed my attention to the mod in question.

* Travelnets that are reset may not reflect their new state until you do the usual travelnet update step; i.e., wield just your hand and left-click on a travelnet.

* There is a known bug, either in the MT core or in travelnets, where travelnets may not work if anything is located right behind them. My version of the mod does not presently address this issue.

lincy

by lincy » Post

Server crash everytime when I try to configure the travelnet box...

Here is the error message :
2016-01-11 15:29:46: ERROR[main]: UNRECOVERABLE error occurred. Stopping server. Please fix the following error:
2016-01-11 15:29:46: ERROR[main]: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'travelnet' in callback node_on_receive_fields(): /usr/share/games/minetest/mods/travelnet/init.lua:335: attempt to index field 'targets' (a nil value)
2016-01-11 15:29:46: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2016-01-11 15:29:46: ERROR[main]: /usr/share/games/minetest/mods/travelnet/init.lua:335: in function 'add_target'
2016-01-11 15:29:46: ERROR[main]: /usr/share/games/minetest/mods/travelnet/init.lua:445: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/mods/travelnet/init.lua:437>

In thread 7fd627867780:
/build/minetest-_pkXwf/minetest-0.4.13+repack/src/server.cpp:511: void Server::step(float): A fatal error occurred: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'travelnet' in callback node_on_receive_fields(): /usr/share/games/minetest/mods/travelnet/init.lua:335: attempt to index field 'targets' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
/usr/share/games/minetest/mods/travelnet/init.lua:335: in function 'add_target'
/usr/share/games/minetest/mods/travelnet/init.lua:445: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/mods/travelnet/init.lua:437>
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7fd61a563700:
#0 virtual void* EmergeThread::Thread()
(Leftover data: #1 MapBlock* ServerMap::loadBlock(v3s16))
(Leftover data: #2 void ServerMap::loadBlock(std::__cxx11::string*, v3s16, MapSector*, bool))
(Leftover data: #3 void ItemStack::deSerialize(std::istream&, IItemDefManager*))
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7fd61ad64700:
#0 virtual void* ServerThread::Thread()
#1 void Server::Receive()
(Leftover data: #2 void Server::SendBlocks(float))
(Leftover data: #3 void RemoteClient::GetNextBlocks(ServerEnvironment*, EmergeManager*, float, std::vector<PrioritySortedBlockTransfer>&))
(Leftover data: #4 void ItemStack::serialize(std::ostream&) const)
(Leftover data: #5 bool getCraftingResult(Inventory*, ItemStack&, std::vector<ItemStack>&, bool, IGameDef*))
(Leftover data: #6 void ItemStack::deSerialize(std::istream&, IItemDefManager*))
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7fd627867780:
#0 int main(int, char**)
#1 Dedicated server branch
#2 void dedicated_server_loop(Server&, bool&)
#3 void Server::step(float)
any idea ?

I am using the 0.4.13 server.

lincy

by lincy » Post

lincy wrote:Server crash everytime when I try to configure the travelnet box...

Here is the error message :

any idea ?

I am using the 0.4.13 server.
Ok, I solved this problem after delete mod_travelnet.data and restart server, It's work fine now.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

lincy wrote: Ok, I solved this problem after delete mod_travelnet.data and restart server, It's work fine now.
Your mod_travelnet.data file was obviously corrupted. But how that came to be I don't know.

Mind
IRC: Mind
In-game: Mind

by Mind » Post

i have a question:
example: i place a travelnet box and a friend of mine places one. is it possible to have these 2 connected, maybe if they have the same network?

lightonflux
In-game: lof

by lightonflux » Post

Mind wrote:i have a question:
example: i place a travelnet box and a friend of mine places one. is it possible to have these 2 connected, maybe if they have the same network?
That is possible. You might need to have the travelnet_attach priv to joins other people networks

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

That's right. Anyone with the travelnet_attach priv can add travelnets to the networks of other players. That is what the "owned_by" input field is for.

Mind

by Mind » Post

ok.
so if a friend places a travelnet like this:
station name: carl home
network: land
owner: carl

what should my travelnet be look like to be connected to his?
if i place a travelnet and i write another player's name in the owner field, can i remove that box in future?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Mind wrote: so if a friend places a travelnet like this:
station name: carl home
network: land
owner: carl

what should my travelnet be look like to be connected to his?
Enter the name of the new station (i.e. "Minds station"), the same network name (here: "land") and the owner name (here: "carl"). The network name has to fit to the network you want to attach to, and the owner has to be the owner of that network.
Mind wrote: if i place a travelnet and i write another player's name in the owner field, can i remove that box in future?
You can dig forreign travelnets if you have the travelnet_remove priv. If you don't then you can't. Only the owner can dig the travelnet. And that will be the player who owns the network you attached your station to.

Mind

by Mind » Post

thank you for the infos.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Update: 1. It is now possible to create a new network for other players provided you have the travelnet_attach priv. It's no longer necessary that the network the box is to be attached to has to exist.

2. If you travel to a location where the receiving travelnet box has vanished in the meantime, you get teleported back to the box where you came from so that you don't get stranded.

3. Support for necessary changes to the locked_travelnet version have been added.

euroclydon

by euroclydon » Post

This mod is excellent!

All that's missing is Rufus.

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

maikerumine wrote:Hi

Quick question: I have travelnet elevator installed but for some reason it doesn't transport to other stations. they are 15000 meters apart.
they are in same network, i.e. right on top of each other in x, z coord.
how do u use them
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368