[Mod] travelnet teleporters/bookmarks [2.0][travelnet]

User avatar
xianjiro
New member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 05:49
Location: West Coast North America

Re: [Mod] travelnet teleporters/bookmarks [2.0][travelnet]

by xianjiro » Mon Oct 28, 2019 09:52

Has anyone noticed mese disappearing from your inventory when using Travelnet? I don't really believe that's the issue, but just thought I'd check since I'm not finding anything by searching the forum. I've had it happen twice now.

The other possibility - both times I was mining lava/obsidian - then I used Travelnet to return home. But I noticed that the mese was gone after using Travelnet to the lava dome, I started mining obsidian, and when my mese pick ran out, I looked in my inventory and my mese ore was gone.

First time it happened, I assumed I must have hit the throw key and just not seen it or done something equally dumb like put it in the trash, but I'm very clear neither of those happened this time.

Odd.
 

Sokomine
Member
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [Mod] travelnet teleporters/bookmarks [2.0][travelnet]

by Sokomine » Mon Oct 28, 2019 17:08

xianjiro wrote:Has anyone noticed mese disappearing from your inventory when using Travelnet? I don't really believe that's the issue, but just thought I'd check since I'm not finding anything by searching the forum. I've had it happen twice now.

Travelnet as such doesn't change your inventory. However, there's an explicit function
Code: Select all
travelnet.allow_travel
that can be used by servers to decide weather the player will be allowed to use the travelnet or not - and the server might charge you a usage fee. If you play in singleplayer, please grep for travelnet.allow_travel in all the mods you've got enabled. If you're playing on a server, please ask there if anything was changed in that regard.
A list of my mods can be found here.
 

User avatar
xianjiro
New member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 05:49
Location: West Coast North America

Re: [Mod] travelnet teleporters/bookmarks [2.0][travelnet]

by xianjiro » Mon Oct 28, 2019 23:10

Sokomine wrote:
xianjiro wrote:Has anyone noticed mese disappearing from your inventory when using Travelnet? I don't really believe that's the issue, but just thought I'd check since I'm not finding anything by searching the forum. I've had it happen twice now.

Travelnet as such doesn't change your inventory. However, there's an explicit function
Code: Select all
travelnet.allow_travel
that can be used by servers to decide weather the player will be allowed to use the travelnet or not - and the server might charge you a usage fee. If you play in singleplayer, please grep for travelnet.allow_travel in all the mods you've got enabled. If you're playing on a server, please ask there if anything was changed in that regard.


Thanks! I might not get to look at this for a few days, but will definitely check it out. I only play in single player mode and admit that one thing I should do is test to see if mese disappears after using Travelnet, but I'm pretty confident that's not the issue since I hadn't noticed anything else disappearing and wasn't able to say definitively that it even happened until last night. I've not noticed anything like this yet in the game, but I only update to the new version about a month ago and that's when I installed Travelnet. Will have to check if any other mods were new, but granted, it's possible some combo isn't playing nice and other items might also be disappearing, but I haven't really noticed. (Mese takes a bit more work to find, so it's "my precious.")
 

User avatar
xianjiro
New member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 05:49
Location: West Coast North America

Re: [Mod] travelnet teleporters/bookmarks [2.0][travelnet]

by xianjiro » Wed Oct 30, 2019 09:33

Okay, tried to recreate the issue by using travelnet extensively and mining obsidian but noticed no changes in inventory so don't believe it's that but haven't greped all mods for travelnet.allow_travel yet. Will report back when I've checked that.
 

Sokomine
Member
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [Mod] travelnet teleporters/bookmarks [2.0][travelnet]

by Sokomine » Wed Oct 30, 2019 22:09

xianjiro wrote:Okay, tried to recreate the issue by using travelnet extensively and mining obsidian but noticed no changes in inventory so don't believe it's that but haven't greped all mods for travelnet.allow_travel yet. Will report back when I've checked that.

Maybe you ought to grep for default:mese_crystal then. Or it was a strange glitch and not all data was saved to disk?
A list of my mods can be found here.
 

Previous

Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests