I've produced an experimental release of the travelnet mod with several changes. Hopefully, Sokomine will be able to incorporate them. If not, after the mod is tested, I'll probably release it as a fork.
People are invited to test the new release. Important: Map files and travelnet data files should be backed-up first.
Here's a summary of the changes:
* I've added a travelnet reset tool named "travelnet:reset". The tool requires the "server" priv. Admins can use the tool to simplify moves or renames of travelnets and cleanup of damaged travelnet data files.
* There seem to be two bugs in the standard travelnet mod related to field names. Specifically, two formspecs write owner name to "owner_name" as opposed to "owner". This caused problems and has been fixed.
* Players with the "travelnet_attach" privilege can now create travel networks for other players as well as add to them. This solves problems for some admin operations.
* The standard travelnet control-panel texture is a bit unclear. Players don't know what to click on. I've restored an alternate texture that was used in the past.
Details related to the travelnet reset tool:
* Back-up both "map.sqlite" files and "mod_travelnet.data" files before trying the new tool.
* The tool will damage travel networks if it's used improperly. It should only be carried or wielded when needed.
* To use the tool, wield it, left-click on a travelnet that you'd like to reset, wield just your hand, left-click again, then right-click and wait a moment. The travelnet should be reset and a formspec should appear that allows new information to be entered.
* Existing entries in the travelnet database with matching positions will be deleted. Additionally, meta information in the selected node will be reset.
* If you specify complete information in the formspec, existing entries in the travelnet database with matching information will be deleted. Additionally, the associated travelnets will be reset.
* UjEdwin and TenPlus1 are contributors to the new mod. UjEdwin wrote the ownerhack mod, which showed me how to create the reset tool. TenPlus1 directed my attention to the mod in question.
* Travelnets that are reset may not reflect their new state until you do the usual travelnet update step; i.e., wield just your hand and left-click on a travelnet.
* There is a known bug, either in the MT core or in travelnets, where travelnets may not work if anything is located right behind them. My version of the mod does not presently address this issue.