[Mod] Stained Glass [1.2] [stained_glass] - new alpha suppor

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

Re: [Mod] Stained Glass [1.2] [stained_glass] - new alpha su

by BirgitLachner » Post

Yes, it was one of the glasblocks that are mentioned on the Mod page ... Moreblocks Super Glow Glass or Trap Super Glow Glass

III

by III » Post

For me this work ok with super glow glass but I can't use the sweeper (no change)
the command line : /giveme stained_glass:noglow_dark_green does not find the item

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Your information is outdated. Items are hardware-colored, so they don't have colors in their names anymore, not since late January. The use of the sweeper was phased out a couple of months ago.

To make any color of stained glass, including the "light", "faint", and "pastel" colors, just make exactly that color of dye and punch some super glow glass with it.

After 0.4.17 goes out, I'll re-institute the old recipes that let you directly craft super glow glass plus dye to get stained glass of that color (but using the same hardware coloring as we use now).

In the meantime, dye crafting is explained in detail in the Unified Dyes usage guide (third "spoiler"): viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2178
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

III

by III » Post

thanks a lot for your fast answer
I took the information from the original post of doyousketch2 but never mind, maybe you can't edit it.

I still have some difficulties:
1) I look for a way of changing the opacity of the glass: as an example the glass with the dark dye is not dark enough (too transparent)
2) the node with the dye always glow. How to turn of this glowing ? (this seems logical as we start from super glow glass but many time we need no glow glass)

KR

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The glass is supposed to glow, that's why it's made from super glow glass :)

As for opacity, you can't change that. If a glass is too dark with "dark" dye, try a "medium" shade instead.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Super glow glass as the BASE? Isn't this quite expensive if you need a lot of stained glass? Why isn't normal glass enough?

III

by III » Post

Hi,

thanks
Do you plan to add the ability to chang the common glass color (as for super glow) so that we will have no glow glass ? (no idea of the difficulty to do so)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

It would be trivial to add non-glowing stained glass, sure. Just haven't thought about adding it.

III

by III » Post

Hi,

Great news. If I understand well, finally this module "only" add unifieddye to others nodes. Maybe this should be great to directly add a setting to unifieddye to be able to add nodes.
Indead, I think that in addition to common glass, this should be great to stain "glass pane" as well (I use it as rail for terrace)

KR

Phoenixflo44
In-game: EvilPhoenix

by Phoenixflo44 » Post

for 0.4.9 ?
Spoiler
I hate my life

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

III, Basically yeah - I would just define a node, call it "plain stained glass" or something, and add the 3 or 4 things to the node definition that connect it with Unified Dyes (group setting, palette, after-place and after-dig callbacks). Unified Dyes handles the rest.

There are also some updates waiting to go in that'll make the aforementioned "[super glow] glass plus any dye" recipes trivial to create (I'm waiting for engine pull request #6042 to go in and a subsequent 0.4.17 stable release to be made).

Also, Phoenixflo44, you've been told on other topics that 0.4.9 is horribly outdated. Please upgrade to 0.4.16.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I've moved my fork of this project to GitLab, in response to Microsoft's purchase of GitHub.

Phoenixflo44
In-game: EvilPhoenix

by Phoenixflo44 » Post

The Mod still fascinates me.
Spoiler
I hate my life

III

by III » Post

Hi,

your fork is not accessible on gitlab

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I presume you mean my fork, but I don't have one anymore, as it isn't needed. Get it from https://github.com/minetest-mods/stained_glass ... that one is derived from andersje's fork, but is now considered to be "upstream".

Merak

Re: [Mod] Stained Glass [1.2] [stained_glass] - new alpha suppor

by Merak » Post

I tried this mod. There is no 'stained' found in Unified Inventory.
Using the recipe in the documentation of 1 dye + 3 super glow glass produces nothing. I had the dependencies installed.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

It isn't supposed to show up in the craft guide. The recipe is one Super Glow Glass plus one portion of dye to get one stained glass, or you can use the Unified Dyes airbrush to recolor Super Glow Glass or stained glass that you've already placed.

Merak

by Merak » Post

With the recipe of 1 dye, 1 super glow glass, stained glass is created.
It still does not show in the Craft Guide book of that mod or the craft guide of Universal Inventory.

FairyNyx

by FairyNyx » Post

Is it possible to remove the frame on the glass? And remove the dependemce on moreblocks? Moreblocks take way too much space.