[Mod] Stained Glass [1.2] [stained_glass] - new alpha suppor

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Here's my fork of this mod since sketch seems to be away again. I've removed everything from the creative inventory in favor of using Sokomine's machine:

https://github.com/VanessaE/stained_gla ... its/master
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

VanessaE wrote:Here's my fork of this mod since sketch seems to be away again. I've removed everything from the creative inventory in favor of using Sokomine's machine:

Very good idea, VanessaE.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Here's my fork of this mod since sketch seems to be away again. I've removed everything from the creative inventory in favor of using Sokomine's machine:

IU dont know how to get stained glass on your server anymore. Glass is not accepted by the color machine is all it said.
Last edited by jojoa1997 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

doyousketch2
GitHub: doyousketch2
In-game: Sketch2

by doyousketch2 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Here's my fork of this mod since sketch seems to be away again.
Sorry. Judge issued a warrant for back child-support without giving me a chance to respond to the prosecutor's claims, so I was chilling in jail for 30 days :(

Just got out, so I gotta spend my time dealing with that bull-$#!T and get some cash flow to keep them off my back or I go back in for 60.

andersje

by andersje » Post

I too forked the code , at https://github.com/andersje/stained_glass -- rebuilt so it works with the new dye system, and it appears that it works with the existing blocks, too
I don't always test my code, but when I do, I test it in production.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

doyousketch2 wrote:
VanessaE wrote:Here's my fork of this mod since sketch seems to be away again.
Sorry. Judge issued a warrant for back child-support without giving me a chance to respond to the prosecutor's claims, so I was chilling in jail for 30 days :(

Just got out, so I gotta spend my time dealing with that bull-$#!T and get some cash flow to keep them off my back or I go back in for 60.
As the years go by, the powers that be become more and more ruthless. Do everything you can to avoid going back to jail.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

My fork now matches andersje's :-)

Sketch, so sorry about your bad luck :-( but I'm glad you're still around. Inocudom is right, you need to focus on you and your situation and stay out of jail.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

jojoa1997, that's a bug in the colormachine mod then. I'll get after sokomine to fix it.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

That's not a bug. The orignial receipes use superglowglass - and thus, the colormachine uses superglowglass as colorless basic node for the colored glass as well.
A list of my mods can be found here.

andersje

by andersje » Post

With great thanks to VanessaE for helping me get the code straightened out, and VanessaE's blessing, I've taken over the stained_glass mod until such a time as doyousketch2 is back to commit code =)

Thanks for the great work, doyousketch2!

Also, I've added noglow and lowglow glass ( using glass and moreblocks:glow_glass) respectively.

Come consume it at https://github.com/andersje/stained_glass

let me know of any issues and I'll get on them asap. All blocks now craftable, but not listed in creative inventory.

andersje

by andersje » Post

coming soon: v1.6, with trapglass variants of all the stained glass bricks. I'm just waiting on Calinou to accept my pull request on moreblocks :)

the trapglass variants are visibly indistinguishable from the regular stained glass blocks, but made with trap_glass, trap_glow_glass and trap_super_glow_glass respectively (the last two being the things in the aforementioned pull request)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I recommend putting those trapglass variants in a separate mod, as that's a LOT of nodes.

andersje

by andersje » Post

v1.7 of stained glass released! Now adds trap_glass variants of all stained_glass bricks.
Also added is a new file in the stained_glass directory: settings.txt. Simply set the kind of stained_glass blocks you want to 'true' and the kinds you don't want to 'false'

by default, everything is turned on, and that's a LOT of recipes.

stained_glass.full_light = true
stained_glass.med_light = true
stained_glass.no_light = true
stained_glass.trap_full_light = true
stained_glass.trap_med_light = true
stained_glass.trap_no_light = true

full_light == maximum brightness (based on super_glow_glass and trap_super_glow_glass)
med_light == slightly less brightness (based on glow_glass and trap_glow_glass)
no_light == non-illuminated (Based on default:glass and moreblocks:trap_glass)

Everything, as always is craftable. Enjoy, and let me know of any bugs.

Sokomine

Re: [Mod] Stained Glass [1.2] [stained_glass] - new alpha su

by Sokomine » Post

THe diffrent light levels are a problem as they all share the same texture. It'd require more exceptions in the code of the colormachine to support them all. Plus they're...many...blocks. Perhaps the basic set might be enough?

andersje

by andersje » Post

Yeah, basic set should be enough. Would you rather I break out the mod into two? basic_stained_glass, and ... i dunno, something like compleat_stained_glass?

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

andersje wrote: Yeah, basic set should be enough. Would you rather I break out the mod into two? basic_stained_glass, and ... i dunno, something like compleat_stained_glass?
Hmm. How about allowing players to punch the glass nodes and thus toggle through the diffrent light levels? Might be easier than crafting lots of them and figuring out afterwards that they're too bright or dark. The punch action would have to take node protection into account so that only the owner can change the brightness.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Oh, depth sorting!

andersje

by andersje » Post

I like that idea, sokomine. That turns it from stained glass into touch-glow-glass ;)
I'll try to take a look at doing this in the next week or so.

kidmondo
IRC: kidmondo
In-game: kidmondo

by kidmondo » Post

YES! this will go great in my castle... so thats 3 mods so far on one server...

maier.nathan
GitHub: npmaier
In-game: Bikemare EdgarLinton

by maier.nathan » Post

Hi. Can someone point me in a direction to find out how to create "indexed images" like this? I just want to make a custom color stained glass and add it to a new mod I'm working with.
-Bikemare

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This mod has been updated to use the new param2-based colorization method.

Place a standard Moreblocks "Super Glow Glass" or Moreblocks "Trap Super Glow Glass" on the ground, then right-click on it with some dye to turn it that dye's color. If you want one of the "pastel" or "faint" shades, place and paint one of those two glasses with the base hue you want (e.g. red, orange, etc...), then wield Moreblocks' "sweeper" and right-click on the block once or twice to "wipe off" some of the color.

Dig the glass to get back uncolored Super Glow Glass (or "Trap...") and the dye used to color it. Note that pastel and faint shades still give back the full dye color (because these two shades are actually separate nodes made to look fainter than the others).

You will need a Minetest engine build made on January 24 (actually git commit d04d8aba), or newer, an equivalent update for minetest_game, and the latest git of Unified Dyes, otherwise newly-placed Super Glow Glass can't be colored and you'll get unknown items for any existing ones.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This mod has been updated to use the revised Unified Dyes API -- you now punch the node while wielding dye, instead of right-clicking.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Players who are using 0.4.15 stable may prefer this version. Newest version is for 0.4.15-dev and beyond.

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Post

Mod seems not to work with 0.4.16?

There is a message: "That node can't be colored"

I installed all of the dependend mods freshly from the threads.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Which node are you trying to color? I presume you're trying to color a regular piece of glass, but this mod uses Moreblocks' Super Glow Glass as its basis, so you have to color *those* instead.