[Mod] More Blocks [moreblocks]

deivan

by deivan » Post

Is a very nice idea this one of the the memory of the orientation of the last block. I unpowered a sonic screw driver to put 6 quarter wood in the correct positions... :-/

Imagine this scenario, I have a bridget only using quarter wood blocks (slab_wood_quarter) without nothing to use as reference , only the last deployed node in the correct position, like a quarter in the upper area of the node. The screwdrive rotate many times to the wrong direction before to the correct one. :-/

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

Sokomine wrote:My replacer mod now stores and sets the rotation of nodes as well. I think this will help a lot with building e.g. roofs or other complex constructions because it will be sufficient to rotate one node into the right direction and "copy" that rotation to all other nodes that ought to be the same.
The replacer mod has some cool features but it seems to break the automatic floor-ceiling rotation of Moreblocks. I tried it but now I can't get ceiling slabs, especially since the screwdriver was removed. I tried adding the screwdriver back in but found it crashes the game on certain rotations (ceiling slab z-axis). I'd like to use it but I don't want to give-up the upside-down tiles.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

To get a ceiling slab, you just place a regular one on a ceiling :-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

deivan

by deivan » Post

I am working in a alternative version of the screwdriver to do a direct function, like rotate X only, with configuration in a form.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Some of the nodes in moreblocks do not have any support from stairsplus (nor do the default game nodes desert stone brick, sandstone brick, and coal block.) Will these nodes be supported by stairsplus in the future?

vktRus

by vktRus » Post

Stable version

Code: Select all

22:26:45: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...test/calinou_mods-ma
ster/moreblocks/circular_saw.lua:138: attempt to compare number with nil
22:26:45: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

In thread b6d42700:
/build/buildd/minetestc55-0.4.6/src/main.cpp:1967: int main(int, char**): Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD b6d42700:
#0  int main(int, char**)
(Leftover data: #1  Dedicated server branch)
(Leftover data: #2  virtual void ServerMap::save(ModifiedState))
(Leftover data: #3  virtual void ServerMap::saveBlock(MapBlock*))

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

vktRus wrote:Stable version

22:26:45: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...test/calinou_mods-ma
ster/moreblocks/circular_saw.lua:138: attempt to compare number with nil
22:26:45: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:

In thread b6d42700:
/build/buildd/minetestc55-0.4.6/src/main.cpp:1967: int main(int, char**): Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD b6d42700:
#0  int main(int, char**)
(Leftover data: #1  Dedicated server branch)
(Leftover data: #2  virtual void ServerMap::save(ModifiedState))
(Leftover data: #3  virtual void ServerMap::saveBlock(MapBlock*))
Your using an out of date build.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Jordach is incorrect - this happens on my server also, which is most definitely up-to-date. Just had it happen this morning - same error, same file and line number.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

VanessaE wrote:Jordach is incorrect - this happens on my server also, which is most definitely up-to-date. Just had it happen this morning - same error, same file and line number.
Well last time I checked, it was! This might be an engine issue, which is more likely than fudgey Lua.
Last edited by Jordach on Mon May 20, 2013 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Post

It seems when I add moreblocks and then try to make slabs or stairs in the old style way, they create invisible nothings with a number on the bottom right of the craft square.

Am I going to need to add a screen shot to make this plain? It has not proven to be a fatal issue so far. Just would like to see it fixed and perhaps learn a little something in the process.

4.6 stable is the Minetest version. Mods as follows.

INFO[main]: Server: Loading mods: default bucket creative doors dye fire stairs vessels wool legacy give_initial_stuff external_legacy wool vessels unifieddyes screwdriver plants_lib poisonivy junglegrass flowers_plus moreblocks moretrees fire farming farming_plus dye dplus doors default creative bucket animalmaterials mobf mobf_settings mob_slime mob_ostrich mob_oerkki mob_npc mob_guard mob_archer barn animal_wolf animal_vombie trap animal_sheep animal_rat animal_gull animal_fish_blue_white animal_dm animal_deer animal_creeper animal_cow animal_clownfish animal_chicken animal_big_red 
Let me know if there's anything else you need from me?
Last edited by shaneroach on Wed May 22, 2013 02:42, edited 1 time in total.
In order to change yourself, you must believe the change is possible and that there are rewards for making the change.
- Inspired by Hebrews 11:6

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This is because the old recipes are no longer valid - to make a stair, slab, etc. use the circular saw.

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Post

VanessaE wrote:This is because the old recipes are no longer valid - to make a stair, slab, etc. use the circular saw.
I would have thought that would merely make it where there was no recipe at all? Instead of creating invisible unknown blocks that do not even create the unknown item block?

But yeah, I totally blanked on the fact I don't really need the old recipe anymore... Speaking of which... Is there a summary of the recipes for these mods? Or do I need the recipe mod for that? :-D
In order to change yourself, you must believe the change is possible and that there are rewards for making the change.

qznc

by qznc » Post

If I add moreblocks (github HEAD e48d33808822e2a3cb7feb39450a6d6bc099afb6) to my game "famish" it crashes minetest:

GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY
minetest: COpenGLDriver.cpp:2475: bool irr::video::COpenGLDriver::testGLError(): Assertion `!(true)' failed.
fish: Job 1, “../../bin/minetest” terminated by signal SIGABRT (Abort)
Using minetest 0.4.6 stable on Fedora 18 64bit self-compiled using the irrlicht18 package.
Last edited by qznc on Wed May 22, 2013 08:08, edited 1 time in total.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

What's your graphics card and driver?

lspci | grep VGA
will tell you the graphics card.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

shane: actually there's no clear way to entirely delete a recipe, so it's been changed to just result in a "nothing" object.

Personally, I think it should be changed to just return the objects you put into the grid. E.g. six stone in the old stair pattern should just give back 6 stone.

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Post

VanessaE wrote:shane: actually there's no clear way to entirely delete a recipe, so it's been changed to just result in a "nothing" object.

Personally, I think it should be changed to just return the objects you put into the grid. E.g. six stone in the old stair pattern should just give back 6 stone.
Oh that's interesting. Ok, thanks. Helps me understand.

qznc

by qznc » Post

Calinou wrote:What's your graphics card and driver?

lspci | grep VGA
Card: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [NVS 3100M]
Driver: nvidia-304.88

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

qznc wrote:
Calinou wrote:What's your graphics card and driver?

lspci | grep VGA
Card: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [NVS 3100M]
Driver: nvidia-304.88
Hmm, weird, I don't get that issue and I also have a NVIDIA card and proprietary driver. It seems to be graphics-related (see the GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY).

Are you using latest Git or 0.4.6?

addi
GitHub: adrido

by addi » Post

hi,

1. would you re adding the craft rezips for the stairs and slaps again, please?
not to the microblocks, only for stairs and slaps.

2. something with the wood slaps/panels is now wrong after a update to the "less node version"
Before the update:
after the update:

3. the "replace unknown blocks after update with a correct rotated version of the new one" of some microblocks dose not work correctly

before:

after:

it would be good if you can do that.
thanks
addi

Zeg9

by Zeg9 » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:don't trust the moreblocks mod...
+1 :-P
I made a few (a lot of?) mods for minetest: here is a list.
See also the MT-Faithful texture pack (work in progress).

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

I found an error on line 181 of the crafting.lua in the more blocks mod. To make iron stone bricks, you combine default:steel_ingot with default:stone_brick and there is no default:stone_brick. I think you wanted default:stonebrick instead.

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

LionsDen wrote:I found an error on line 181 of the crafting.lua in the more blocks mod. To make iron stone bricks, you combine default:steel_ingot with default:stone_brick and there is no default:stone_brick. I think you wanted default:stonebrick instead.
Fixed, thanks for reporting.
Last edited by Calinou on Thu Aug 01, 2013 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

ak399g
In-game: SAFR

by ak399g » Post

When I try to craft a whole bunch of stairs out of moreblocks blocks, eg Circle Stone Brick, Stone Tile, Cactus Checker, Iron Stone... they all give me unknown objects without a texture.
Or is that just supposed to be like that, due to the circular saw? (which works fine) It's just that if I accidentally craft an unknown object, I can't undo that, and it's just annoying.
Last edited by ak399g on Mon Aug 05, 2013 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
aka SAFR

PenguinDad

by PenguinDad » Post

ak399g wrote:When I try to craft a whole bunch of stairs out of moreblocks blocks, eg Circle Stone Brick, Stone Tile, Cactus Checker, Iron Stone... they all give me unknown objects without a texture.
Or is that just supposed to be like that, due to the circular saw? (which works fine) It's just that if I accidentally craft an unknown object, I can't undo that, and it's just annoying.
You have to make the stairs and slabs with the circular saw.

Calinou

by Calinou » Post

ak399g wrote:When I try to craft a whole bunch of stairs out of moreblocks blocks, eg Circle Stone Brick, Stone Tile, Cactus Checker, Iron Stone... they all give me unknown objects without a texture.
Intended, you are supposed to use the circular saw.

2014-08-06: not anymore, if you're reading this post.