[Mod] More Blocks [moreblocks]

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

Re: [Mod] More Blocks [moreblocks]

by mnh48 » Post

maybe they actually mean to support those blocks?

it's now part of Minetest Game, so maybe it should be added to circular saw so we can have slopes/panels variant of the blocks?

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

That's what I'm saying. They need moreblocks support. The other types of stone and metal blocks have support, so these should also.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

lemon-melon
GitHub: lemon-melon

by lemon-melon » Post

v-rob wrote:That's what I'm saying. They need moreblocks support. The other types of stone and metal blocks have support, so these should also.
Submitted PR (although in the meantime you can also patch it yourself if you're impatient): https://github.com/minetest-mods/moreblocks/pull/79

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

More Blocks 1.1.0 has just been tagged (and should be stable for gameplay, as well as distribution packaging). If there are any problems, feel free to create an issue on GitHub :)

scottwolff
In-game: scottwolff or some variant of iasiney

by scottwolff » Post

Great mod. Essential if you're wanting to do the first step up out of the default game node flavor.

Daii
In-game: Daii

by Daii » Post

Someone could take a look here? Since 0.4.1.7 and the V1.1.0 together the auto-rotate of slabs does not work anymore... could someone (if the may not be active) fix or redo this ls? =)

Wooster
GitHub: WoosterUK

by Wooster » Post

There are quite a few unincorporated pull requests: I have just added to the list as the craft definition for paper from papyrus conflicts with default.

ghtry
In-game: ghtry

by ghtry » Post

Daii wrote:Someone could take a look here? Since 0.4.1.7 and the V1.1.0 together the auto-rotate of slabs does not work anymore... could someone (if the may not be active) fix or redo this ls? =)
I thought I might add to this and mention that when placing cobblestone stairs, the facing behavior is accurate. If you attempt to place down stonebrick stairs, direction is always forced a specific direction. I'm using the latest of minetest and commonly grab the master zip from github for mods. I skimmed the source but really didn't see an easy fix for this issue. Here is the versions and mods I'm currently using:

Code: Select all

Minetest 0.4.17.1

Areas
Farming
Homedecor
Hudbars
ilights
Mesecons
3d_armor
skinsdb
moreblocks (I know right? for completeness sake)
moreores
pipeworks
signs_lib
streets
technic
unifieddyes
unified_inventory
If there is more information needed I'd be happy to provide it. Thanks for your time.

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Can be fixed incorrect placement of blocks?

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

bosapara wrote:Can be fixed incorrect placement of blocks?
Node placing is generally utterly broken even if we already have proper "where is the user pointing to exactly on the face".

Daii
In-game: Daii

by Daii » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
bosapara wrote:Can be fixed incorrect placement of blocks?
Node placing is generally utterly broken even if we already have proper "where is the user pointing to exactly on the face".
i can only agree... also the "normaly" block placing method seems somehow brocken in this release ((placing stair side by side and the placing locks the node "front" on the side of the stair you will add to... =/), but the moreblocks nodes are worse then the normal placing =/

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Burning time for parts of tree blocks can't be 30 sec

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Hoping an easy and quick question someone can help me with. Which nodes I think from stairsplus component of moreblocks make use of the textures for example:

moreblocks_coal_glass_stairsplus.png

Theres also glow, iron and obsidian versions of the above texture but i haven't yet stumbled on the node/block that makes use of these textures?

Much appreciate the help or a pointer in the right direction.

IpsumPanEst

by IpsumPanEst » Post

Dear all, I'm sorry if this is a stupid quest but i'm rather new to modded minetest. I can't seem to craft the circular saw which, according to the first page should have recipe:

_ X _
W W W
W _ W

(X = steel ingot, W = wood). Is this formula correct?

Does this saw require a particular kind of wood? I tried both acacia wood and acacia planks and neither worked.
Attachments
I also tried with raw wood, but it didn't work either
I also tried with raw wood, but it didn't work either
Screenshot from 2018-12-29 23-31-47.png (538.99 KiB) Viewed 1869 times

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

Try it with plain wood. You should be able to convert acacia planks into regular wooden planks by putting two (stacks) of them on the crafting grid.
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

IpsumPanEst wrote:Dear all, I'm sorry if this is a stupid quest but i'm rather new to modded minetest. I can't seem to craft the circular saw which, according to the first page should have recipe:

_ X _
W W W
W _ W

(X = steel ingot, W = wood). Is this formula correct?

Does this saw require a particular kind of wood? I tried both acacia wood and acacia planks and neither worked.
all should work, сheck if the mod is on

IpsumPanEst

by IpsumPanEst » Post

I'm sorry, the problem was that my minetest version was old

thetoolman
GitHub: tealethetoolman
IRC: thetoolman

by thetoolman » Post

Hey there!

Seems that when I enable this mod in minetest 5.0.0-dev-bc1e547, it seems to hide all of the stairs from the "Minetest Game mods" pack that comes up with the minetest game. I have git pulled this mods repo so it is at the latest version and I built the updated game and minetest today so that is the latest as well.

Curious if anyone has figured out why this is.

heres a screenshot showing what happens when I search creative inventory for "stairs" when this mod is enabled.
Attachments
image showing search for "stairs"
image showing search for "stairs"
mod-snot-working.png (34.88 KiB) Viewed 1869 times

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

thetoolman wrote:Hey there!

Seems that when I enable this mod in minetest 5.0.0-dev-bc1e547, it seems to hide all of the stairs from the "Minetest Game mods" pack that comes up with the minetest game. I have git pulled this mods repo so it is at the latest version and I built the updated game and minetest today so that is the latest as well.

Curious if anyone has figured out why this is.

heres a screenshot showing what happens when I search creative inventory for "stairs" when this mod is enabled.
I have the same problem, and in my case it's more general than only stairs. There're no sloped blocks appearing in the inventory and at some point I had to manually write down names of templates from "objects" folder so that I could place sloped blocks in the map using World Edit.
To miss the joy is to miss all. Robert Louis Stevenson

SteveGer
In-game: onePlayer SteveG

by SteveGer » Post

Hey.

I want to talk about the Circular Saw. Many nice things i build with the Help of it. But i found some strange things.

First is, the 2/16 Slab gives 8 Slabs out of one Block. The 1/16 Slab should give 16 Slabs out of one Block, but only gives 8. A half block is wasted then. Look here:
https://imgur.com/Lqey5Od

As next, This 3 Tiles dont need to be in the Saw, they can be crafted in the Grid:
https://imgur.com/qhC2qhE

And as last, i miss 4 Slabs in the Circular Saw. My English is to bad to explain it with words, so i made some Photos.
Here need 2 Tiles for the inner Edge:
https://imgur.com/OVkRVH9

and here the outer Edge:
https://imgur.com/H0wIe97

Anyways, Thanks for the Mod and for the great Circular Saw Tool,
and in expecting to finish my roof with missing Tiles
onePlayer aka Steve
Last edited by SteveGer on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:42, edited 2 times in total.

runs

by runs » Post

Same problem here with 5.0 and stairs... :-(

It is still not compatible I guess.

runs

by runs » Post

Any notice of the developer?

entuland
GitHub: entuland
IRC: entuland
In-game: entuland

by entuland » Post

Waiting for the developer to address the pending issues about this mod, the placement rotation can be sort of overcomed using my own twist at screwdrivers, which also extends the "copy-rotation-from-pointed-to-node" to all nodes that can freely rotated: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20321

The behavior where placing two slabs on top of eachother results in a full node is nice, I didn't even realize it was a thing here in minetest.

Pyrollo
Developer
GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: Naj

by Pyrollo » Post

SteveGer wrote:First is, the 2/16 Slab gives 8 Slabs out of one Block. The 1/16 Slab should give 16 Slabs out of one Block, but only gives 8.
This have always been like that.

I guess it is like that because 2/16 slab correspond to one microblock and 1/16 slab should correspond to half a microblock. So that would cause problem if you take only one 1/16 slab out of the saw (how many micoblock sleft ?). I think that the developper, to avoid problems, made a block give 8 1/16 slabs (corresponding to 8 microblocks)
[ Display Modpack ] - [ Digiterms ] - [ Crater MG ] - [ LATE ]

SteveGer
In-game: onePlayer SteveG

by SteveGer » Post

Hey.

Okay, the 1/16 - 2/16 Slab Problem is not really important. i have enough input Material.

In the Main i need the 4 Slabs i showed in the last both Photos. None of the existing Tiles out of the Saw can fit the empty Edges correctly, no matter in what Rotation. So 4 more Slabs are needed to do that.

Let me show you in another Photo Series, what Tiles exactly i need.
Look here: https://imgur.com/a/D8BmUXw

So Long
Steve