[Mod] More Blocks [moreblocks]

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

Re: [Mod] More Blocks [moreblocks]

by Calinou » Post

More Blocks is now in the minetest-mods organization. Here's the new GitHub link: https://github.com/minetest-mods/moreblocks

Note that existing clones and URLs will continue to work, as the repository was transferred.

DoyleChris
In-game: DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

I tried increasing the amount of light the Super_glow_Glass.
I changed the light_source in Node.lua but it seems still to be the same amount.
I was looking to increase it to 2 times as bright.
Any idea how to do it.

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

DoyleChris wrote:I tried increasing the amount of light the Super_glow_Glass.
I changed the light_source in Node.lua but it seems still to be the same amount.
I was looking to increase it to 2 times as bright.
Any idea how to do it.
15 is the maximum value, sorry. This is a limitation in the mintest engine, not moreblocks.

Emon

by Emon » Post

Italian version available here.

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

I like this mod a lot :)

Onyx
In-game: Onyx

by Onyx » Post

Hi,

Does the new blocks (desert_stone_block, obsidian_block, sandstone_block and stone_block) will be added soon?
"One chunk, two chunks, three chunks..."

cx384
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

by cx384 » Post

Onyx wrote:Hi,

Does the new blocks (desert_stone_block, obsidian_block, sandstone_block and stone_block) will be added soon?
https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... s.lua#L215 ?
Can your read this?

Onyx
In-game: Onyx

by Onyx » Post

Thank you, I am aware that these blocks are part of minetest_game I just wonder when they will be added to Moreblocks that they may be used with the circular_saw.
"One chunk, two chunks, three chunks..."

FirePowi
GitHub: FirePowi
IRC: FirePowi
In-game: Powi

by FirePowi » Post

Hey, please add .mtl files in models ! :-)

pithy
GitHub: pithydon

by pithy » Post

FirePowi wrote:Hey, please add .mtl files in models ! :-)
Why would you want that?

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

You recently asked me if I think this mod is ready for release (version 1.0).
Here's my answer: Not quite yet. It seems pretty stable, but there's one majore thing:

It is quite serious, but not obvious: None of the nodes has is_ground_content=false set. Which means they are ALL subject to destruction by the cave generator!
My recommendation for is_ground_content is to set it to false for all “artificial” nodes, especially things intended to make nice buildings, highly interactive nodes, etc. This includes bricks, glass, chests, windows, etc. Only very simple “ground” nodes should have this set to true (the default value). E.g. dirt, stone, sand, gravel, coal ore, etc.

For your mod, you should set is_ground_content to false for pretty much every node since they are all decorational and not natural. It MIGHT make sense to intentionally keep it at true for coal stone and iron stone, since they are similar to stone. Also, they are actually being used by the mapgen of Skytest.

The remaining comments I have are not release blockers to me. Just some suggestions for improvement.

The 4 “directional” wooden tiles: Downwards Wooden Tile, Leftwards Wooden Tile, Rightwards Wooden Tile and Upwards Wooden Tile. They seem rather unwieldy since they can not be rotated. However, I do see a rationale. Obviously, if those were rotatable (facedir), this would also rotate the direction of the “planks” which would not really work out well overall. Facedir would (sadly) be too messy here. So I don't suggest you add facedir.

Here's my suggestion: Keep the 4 nodes, but implement the function on_rotate (or was it on_screwdriver?) for all 4 of these. This is used by the screwdriver mod, refer to the game_api.txt of Minetest Game to learn how to use it. I suggest that the on_rotate event simply replaces the node with another of the 4 nodes, using a right rotation. For instance, the node “Upwards Wooden Tile” becomes “Rightwards Wooden Tile”, then “Downwards”, etc. I suggest to only support simple rotation, don't bother with the axis rotation (it doesn't make sense anyway). Of course, this creates an optional dependency on screwdriver.

I have a minor suggestion for the saw: Add falling_node or attached_node because it looks odd if this floats in the sky. ;-)

ParaklataChotou
GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

by ParaklataChotou » Post

Hi. I need your help. I had one world server that moreblocks recognized any kind of blocks in the circular saw. Now, in my new world server, the circular saw just recognizes few blocks to turn into miniblocks. the mod isn't recognizing cblocks, colouredglass, and plasticbox mods. And I'm so limited in choices. How can I fix this problem? I can't craft even slobs using these blocks mods that I mentioned.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

HolyPhoenix

by HolyPhoenix » Post

I'm assuming the recent changes that broke this in the 0.4.14 stable release are changes getting the mod ready for 0.4.15?

I believe this is what is causing it to break:

Code: Select all

local sound_metal = default.node_sound_metal_defaults()

Worldblender
GitHub: RQWorldblender
In-game: Worldblender

by Worldblender » Post

Yes, it looks like that line is what's causing problems for all but the most recent dev versions of Minetest. I'm trying to get some of my changes into this mod in order to bring up-to-date with the latest in minetest_game. I have a pull request that's ongoing currently, so there will be more changes coming in. I hoped to add in a check for the Minetest version to determine what sound to play for copper patina, but I'm unsure of what API will enable to do that.

Blunt

by Blunt » Post

So If I want to play with the official build I would have to change a single line?

I'm not to good with code could you give some pointers? Maybe which file and line number, and of course the actual change that needs to be done.

I am trying to learn a bit more though.

HolyPhoenix

by HolyPhoenix » Post

Blunt wrote:So If I want to play with the official build I would have to change a single line?

I'm not to good with code could you give some pointers? Maybe which file and line number, and of course the actual change that needs to be done.

This file (nodes.lua). https://github.com/minetest-mods/morebl ... /nodes.lua

Currently line 14. I removed it and got past the error. But other mods caused an out of memory error, so not sure if removing it is all that is necessary.

Blunt

by Blunt » Post

HolyPhoenix wrote:
Blunt wrote:So If I want to play with the official build I would have to change a single line?

This file (nodes.lua). https://github.com/minetest-mods/morebl ... /nodes.lua

Currently line 14. I removed it and got past the error. But other mods caused an out of memory error, so not sure if removing it is all that is necessary.
I removed the same line and no problems here.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I wish modders would be more cautious before breaking compability or treating the latest stable version (0.4.14 at the moment) as a “legacy” version. I think this behaviour is somewhat rude towards users. Especially if it is done completely without any warning.

It would have been easy to avoid this by a simple check againt nil.

Worldblender
GitHub: RQWorldblender
In-game: Worldblender

by Worldblender » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I wish modders would be more cautious before breaking compability or treating the latest stable version (0.4.14 at the moment) as a “legacy” version. I think this behaviour is somewhat rude towards users. Especially if it is done completely without any warning.

It would have been easy to avoid this by a simple check againt nil.
I'm sorry about this; though I almost took this personally, I just didn't know the proper API (I actually know it, but don't know how to use it properly yet) to check for the Minetest version. All that I need is to be better informed about what to do when keeping backwards compatibility in mind.

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

Is the download link purposedly left to your repository?? xD

The download link is https://github.com/Calinou/moreblocks/a ... master.zip
Shouldn't it be https://github.com/minetest-mods/morebl ... master.zip ??

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:Is the download link purposedly left to your repository?? xD

The download link is https://github.com/Calinou/moreblocks/a ... master.zip
Shouldn't it be https://github.com/minetest-mods/morebl ... master.zip ??
I fixed it, but it appears there was a redirect anyway, so it wasn't a big problem in the first place. Thanks for reporting it!

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

Silver sandstone stuff, desert sandstone stuff, and tin blocks need support now.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Yes, tin block is obvious (stair/slab), but what kind of blocks do you suggest to supplement desert sandstone and silver sandstone?

PS: I guess I will update my mod mtg_plus soon. Do you want to add the tin block stairs or should I do it in my mod? (I try to avoid duplicates.)

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

Seeing as there is support stone brick, stone block, and plain stone, then there should be:

silver sandstone
silver sandstone brick
silver sandstone block
desert sandstone
desert sandstone brick
desert sandstone block
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

All of these blocks are already part of Minetest Game. :-)
See here for a list of all blocks in Minetest Game: http://wiki.minetest.net/Blocks

By the way, I have decided to just go ahead and add the tin slab/stair to mtg_plus anyway. I think it just makes sense and fits the general mod theme (blocks closely related to the default blocks), while moreblocks appears to be a little bit more … creative. :-)