[Mod] More Blocks [moreblocks]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update to latest git of minetest, minetest_game, minetest 'common', and calinou_mods. Stone bricks were merged into the default game and removed from moreblocks several days ago.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

zedh

by zedh » Post

VanessaE wrote:Update to latest git of minetest, minetest_game, minetest 'common', and calinou_mods. Stone bricks were merged into the default game and removed from moreblocks several days ago.
Hello.
Done, but I always have blocks "unknown ..." pink. I used the stone-bricks and half slabs.
Maybe I missed something ?

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

I had the same problem. I addressed it by commenting-out the Unregister default recipes section in the stairs.lua file in the stairsplus mod:
-- Unregister default recipes

-- minetest.register_craft({
-- output = "moreblocks:nothing 1",
-- recipe = {
-- {recipeitem, "", ""},
-- {recipeitem, recipeitem, ""},
-- {recipeitem, recipeitem, recipeitem},
-- },
-- })
--
-- minetest.register_craft({
-- output = "moreblocks:nothing 1",
-- recipe = {
-- {"", "", recipeitem},
-- {"", recipeitem, recipeitem},
-- {recipeitem, recipeitem, recipeitem},
-- },
-- })

I don't know if this is right or not but it made the cobblestone stairs come back. It is possible there may be similar issues with the other mods in Calinou_mods but I haven't noticed anything else yet.

I'd really appreciate it if someone who actually understands how this mod works would review this and let us know what the best way to address this issue is.

legumev

by legumev » Post

I have a big problem with crafting stairs when using this mod: there is a mention of using a circular saw, but no description of how to use it. Same with the screwdriver.
Also, why suppress the initial and so simple recipe for building straight stairs:
mxx
mmx
mmm

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

I've already answered in the other thread, but if you want to learn more about the circular saw, look here. I agree that the receipe for normal stairs could have been kept. One further advantage of the saw is that creative inventory and craftguide don't get filled up with the thousands of shapes of each block that can be turned into stairs.
A list of my mods can be found here.

legumev

by legumev » Post

Thanks again, Sokomine, I'm all set now

deivan

by deivan » Post

The circular saw make things of steel glass when I use simple glass as source, have a motivation to it?
I am losing items if i try catch back any glass slab... :-/

Any idea?
-*-
Is possible add a number to the product of the saw showing how many of the item is manufactured for each unity of the resource?, like 1 stone = 2 slabs (size 1/2) = 4 slabs (size 1/4)...
Only a small display of one number or another type of mark.
Last edited by deivan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I've noticed that also (except it's called iron glass, not steel).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

deivan

by deivan » Post

I think I wrote the wrong material... :-P
-*-
Another problem, without the crafting possibility when I get a slab inverted and this one become a normal slab, the reversion of the slabs is necessary, maybe need be preserved. :-/
Last edited by deivan on Sat Apr 06, 2013 20:57, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Problem with the circular saw: it can't cut regular stone into stairs et.al anymore.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Update:

- added obsidian and obsidian glass stairs/slabs/panels/microblocks
- changed circular saw recipe, see first post (Ctrl+F then type "circular saw" :P)
- random fixes
- stone can finally be used to craft stairs/slabs/panels/microblocks

deivan

by deivan » Post

New bugs, to me...
- When craft with super glow glass the source don't is subtracted. I think this is happen with all sources for quarter slabs.
- When you make a item and drop to the inventory the target disappear.
- After retrieve the rest of the craft the product stay in the list the is possible get it again.
- When you put a half slab in the ground and another on top you see a wood node and more one half at top (a ghost node) in the next node but when you pick up the ghost node don't appear.
Last edited by deivan on Sun Apr 07, 2013 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Also, obsidian stairs are missing their "stairsplus:" aliases.

Nebucad

by Nebucad » Post

does this mod work with the mod moretrees properly?

I got problem to create a saw. the recipe says take iron ingot and Wood-chunk.

I got lots of tree around and i get chunks form Palm, Willow, Beachtree, etc. but no ordinary wood-chunk.

Am i able to create a saw with an alternative recipe or do i have to makte those chunks to planks?

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

Nebucad wrote:does this mod work with the mod moretrees properly?

I got problem to create a saw. the recipe says take iron ingot and Wood-chunk.

I got lots of tree around and i get chunks form Palm, Willow, Beachtree, etc. but no ordinary wood-chunk.

Am i able to create a saw with an alternative recipe or do i have to makte those chunks to planks?
I have the same problem. I'm unable to craft the saw and other things that require default wood chunks or planks. I added a special recipe for the saw but now I've realized I can't craft other things either. We need to be able to use all of the moretrees trees with all of the wood recipes. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

I'm trying something... I don't know if it will work but I'm modifying node_defs.lua in moretrees to include the following:
-- Make Moretrees work with Moreblocks.
minetest.register_alias("moretrees:beech_trunk", "default:tree")
minetest.register_alias("moretrees:beech_trunk", "default:wood")
It won't work for anything but beech trees but it's better than nothing. I'm still not sure how to make all of the default recipes work with all of the woods, though. I'm afraid that if I put aliases for all of the moretrees trees, it will functionally break all of the trees. As it is, i'm not completely sure it won't break all of the beech trees... *knocks on wood*

PS. Yeah, I know... shameless pun.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

No joy. I can't make the default recipes work with beech trees/wood. Clearly I don't understand how to setup an alias. Yeah, any help here would be appreciated.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

VanessaE wrote:Also, obsidian stairs are missing their "stairsplus:" aliases.
There were no obsidian stairs in Stairs+... is this needed for Technic compatbility?

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Usually there are normal trees amongst the moretrees ones unless you disable it in mapgen. I guess all receipes requiring wood or tree would have to be changed to use group:wood or something like that.
A list of my mods can be found here.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Nebucad: Don't use aliases for that. All Moretrees trunks (including the sideways ones) are in the "tree" group, all planks are in the "wood" group, and all leaves are in the "leaves" group, so mods that use those groups in their recipes (instead of asking for exactly "default:wood" and the like) will work with Moretrees nodes. The exceptions are fruits and saplings provided by Moretrees, those aren't in any special groups.

Calinou: yes, that's required; it's probably a leftover from the confusion over moreblocks:xxxx versus stairsplus:xxxx when stairsplus first got merged into moreblocks.

If the table saw doesn't use the "tree" group for its recipes, this should be changed. Also I suggest a mese crystal or block for the center of the crafting recipe, to suggest the motor that should drive the steel-ingot-based saw blade.

Now that said, Moretrees trunks/wood are not set up to be cut into slabs/stairs, but this is easily added if you guys want me to. Doing so will add around 300 more nodes to the game, but they'll all be "hidden" in the table saw.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

Sokomine wrote:Usually there are normal trees amongst the moretrees ones unless you disable it in mapgen. I guess all receipes requiring wood or tree would have to be changed to use group:wood or something like that.
It's turned-off in the most recent update to Moretrees. I could set it back to false but I figured there was a reason it was changed so I left that option alone.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Now that said, Moretrees trunks/wood are not set up to be cut into slabs/stairs, but this is easily added if you guys want me to. Doing so will add around 300 more nodes to the game, but they'll all be "hidden" in the table saw.
Yes, please. I like the variety of woods in Moretrees (kinda why I used this mod in the first place) and I'd like to have the same functionallity for the Moretrees trees as with Moreblocks.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Since beech trees use the same textures as the default trees (they're just bigger and a bit fewer), perhaps I should add a couple of aliases for when they're enabled, so that stuff that calls for default trees/leaves still work.

Jouster27

by Jouster27 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Since beech trees use the same textures as the default trees (they're just bigger and a bit fewer), perhaps I should add a couple of aliases for when they're enabled, so that stuff that calls for default trees/leaves still work.
*Rubs hands enthusiastically* Sounds fantastic! Thank you, Vanessa.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Moretrees updated, see that thread for details.