[Mod] Digilines [digilines]

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Concerning what the digilines could be made out of, it could be a type of crystal similar to mese, but stronger than it and diamond. It could be called CONS and have the letters of that name on its blocks. Obviously, it could be a very rare find (it too could be of extraterrestrial origin just like mese is.)

lordcirth

by lordcirth » Post

Inocudom wrote:Concerning what the digilines could be made out of, it could be a type of crystal similar to mese, but stronger than it and diamond. It could be called CONS and have the letters of that name on its blocks. Obviously, it could be a very rare find (it too could be of extraterrestrial origin just like mese is.)
I think that digilines should be crafted out of insulated mesecons, just as our data wires are bundles of insulated wire. It makes the most sense and avoids adding more wacky ores to the game.

pheonixfire
In-game: pheonix

by pheonixfire » Post

How does the get statement work for a light sensor, do I need to use it with a variable

I was hoping I could use it by testing if it was on
"e.g. if (port.a == 1) then
do this
endif"

would it be possible to provide an example?

any help is appreciated
pheonixfire

Jeija

by Jeija » Post

This is some untested sample code for the light sensor:

Code: Select all

digiline_send("channel_of_lightsensor", "GET")

if (event.type == "digiline" and event.channel == "channel_of_lightsensor") then
  lightvalue = event.msg
end
What happens?
First, you need to request data from the lightsensor by sending the string "GET" on it's digiline channel. The light sensor will then answer with the light value on the same channel. This answer throws an interrupt of type "digiline", the light value is contained in event.msg.
The channel of the Light Sensor can be set by right-clicking on it.
By the way, the RTC works in the same way. I hope the example works for you, tell me if I made a mistake.

If you just want a light there / light missing answer you could use the solar panel from mesecons instead with

if pin.a == true then
  -- do something
end
Last edited by Jeija on Tue Jun 18, 2013 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
Redstone for minetest: Mesecons (mesecons.net)

pheonixfire
In-game: pheonix

by pheonixfire » Post

Do I just put "port.a =" in front of the digiline_send to specify which port
is used to send the request?

any help is appreciated
pheonixfire

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

No, digiline signals are sent through all ports.

Bas080
GitHub: bas080
IRC: bas080
In-game: bas080

by Bas080 » Post

Digilines keyboard that uses channel "keyboard"

Pull request

Last edited by Bas080 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 01:26, edited 1 time in total.

BC2013

by BC2013 » Post

Emmmm... This Is Cool with the light sensor but i am using mesecon-master and the blue digiline doesnt connect up to the sticky piston i was trying to make a light sensored sticky piston... any help?

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Digilines only connect to other digilines devices and to LuaControllers. To interface a digilines device like a light sensor or RTC to a mesecons device like a piston or noteblock, you must use a LuaController between them to translate the signal.

Digilines are a complete serial interface like I2C, while mesecons wires are simple high-or-low TTL logic.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Silent-Hunter

by Silent-Hunter » Post

I'm having trouble learning to use the LCD. In the luacontroller, I put

digiline_send(1, "Hello World!")
and in the LCD, I put 1.

It doesn't give an error, but it also doesn't display anything. I tried doing port.c = true, but that didn't help either.

EDIT: Nevermind! I wasn't aware the channel was a string as well, I thought it was a number. put quotes around it and now it works!
Last edited by Silent-Hunter on Thu Nov 07, 2013 04:40, edited 1 time in total.

necron099

by necron099 » Post

When I start minetest I get this error:
21:57:43: ERROR[main]: mod "digilines_inventory" has unsatisfied dependencies: "require"

The ../digilines_inventory/depends.txt list:
digilines
require
pipeworks?

I removed 'require' from depends.txt and got this:

OK] Mesecons
22:13:31: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
22:13:31: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
22:13:31: ERROR[main]: /home/fred/minetest/minetest-3rdperson/bin/../games/minetest_game/mods/minetest-mod-digilines-master/digilines_inventory/init.lua:
22:13:31: ERROR[main]: ...st-mod-digilines-master/digilines_inventory/init.lua:1: attempt to call field 'require' (a nil value)
22:13:31: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
22:13:31: ERROR[main]: ...st-mod-digilines-master/digilines_inventory/init.lua:1: in main chunk
22:13:31: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
22:13:31: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/fred/minetest/minetest-3rdperson/bin/../games/minetest_game/mods/minetest-mod-digilines-master/digilines_inventory/init.lua
22:13:31: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/fred/minetest/minetest-3rdperson/bin/../games/minetest_game/mods/minetest-mod-digilines-master/digilines_inventory/init.lua

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

gsmanners

by gsmanners » Post

I think you want the modpacks in your /home/fred/minetest/minetest-3rdperson/mods folder. Putting them in the minetest_game folder doesn't seem altogether kosher.
Last edited by gsmanners on Sat Jan 25, 2014 05:11, edited 1 time in total.

necron099

by necron099 » Post

I almost never put mods into /minetest/mods folder and load them from the menu (old school maybe) : ) I spend more time fiddling and experimenting with things instead of actually playing. :P

The init.lua in digilines_inventory:

value, err = minetest.require('digilines_inventory','chest')
if err then
error(err)
end
print("Digilines Inventory loaded")

I don't recall seeing minetest.require in any other lua files.

Jeija

by Jeija » Post

Thank you for reporting that, I didn't check if Cy's commit with the chest was ok when i merged it - minetest.require was supposed to be merged at some time, but in fact in never was. That's way he used it and broke stuff...
Redstone for minetest: Mesecons (mesecons.net)

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

Re: [Mod] Digilines [minetest-mod-digilines]

by ABJ » Post

I would like to make the digiline LCD glow. But "light_source = whatever value i wrote there" doesn't seem to work! Can you explain to me how to make the LCD give off light? I KNOW I didn't exceed the 15 limit

thomasthespacefox
GitHub: ThomasTheSpaceFox
IRC: ThomasJaguar1212
In-game: thomasthespacefox

by thomasthespacefox » Post

IDEA! well 2, anyways,

1:Digilines Noteblock
A digilines controlled noteblock (can be be made to hit any note a normal one can but you can use lua to make it play a song!
call it a Digilines noteblock?

another thought: you could, in theory have a stop command
ie you send a note, then tell it when to stop or tell it to change notes.

2: Digilines light
A color changing digilines controlled light block (ex: you could have messages as colors ie red green orange... but also have an OFF message that turns the light off
uses: status light, decoration, ex..
probably easier than the noteblock idea. i think the traffic light from mp streets changes colors the same way.

just a thought i had when thinking about mesecons and digilines.

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Digilines already has a "noteblock".........that plays sounds and functions completely differently.
You'll have to rename it.
#MinecraftAnnoyanceMachines

That other idea..................seems good, I leave rest to the community.

thomasthespacefox
GitHub: ThomasTheSpaceFox
IRC: ThomasJaguar1212
In-game: thomasthespacefox

by thomasthespacefox » Post

ABJ wrote:Digilines already has a "noteblock".........that plays sounds and functions completely differently.
You'll have to rename it.
#MinecraftAnnoyanceMachines

That other idea..................seems good, I leave rest to the community.
well digilines musicblock and digilines musicbox come to mind for names
as for the didilines light...

here is a quote from: Post your mod requests/ideas here:
thomasthespacefox wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:
thomasthespacefox wrote:has anyone ever thought of having a color-changing light block where digilines controls the color?
ex digiline_send("lights","BLUE") the light(s) on channel "lights" would turn the digilines light(s) blue and digiline_send("lights","OFF") would turn them off maybe? anyone want to try this? i mean i can mod in a glowing node here or some fancy node there. but making a digilines light as i described seems to be over my abilities at the moment. any help?
l could make one which makes it possible to set any colour from #0000ff to #ff0000
with it you could make a wall that displays a pattern, animation, or anything else you could dream up!

jogag
GitHub: jogag
IRC: jogag
In-game: jogag

by jogag » Post

I made a mod that adds some digiline hardware!!!
Click here to see Digiline Stuff

jogag

by jogag » Post

thomasthespacefox wrote:IDEA! well 2, anyways,
2: Digilines light
A color changing digilines controlled light block (ex: you could have messages as colors ie red green orange... but also have an OFF message that turns the light off
uses: status light, decoration, ex..
probably easier than the noteblock idea. i think the traffic light from mp streets changes colors the same way.

just a thought i had when thinking about mesecons and digilines.
Do you know digital RGB LEDs?
(Adafruit NeoPixels, from here, the white wire is the digiline xD)

I will add them to my digiline stuff modpack.

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

I have a question, why isn't digilines isn't part of Mesecons?

jogag

by jogag » Post

benrob0329 wrote:I have a question, why isn't digilines isn't part of Mesecons?
Digilines and mesecons are totally different concepts, the only thing that join them are luacontrollers, IoT routers, digiline-to-mesecon and mesecon-to-digiline converters (the ones in technic game).

cy

by cy » Post

Sorry about my commit with the chests. I didn't think that when people saw 'mod "digilines_inventory" has unsatisfied dependencies: "require"' they'd go edit the source and complain when it errored, instead of installing the require module. It is admittedly pretty dumb to have to get a whole module, for just that little bit of code in 'require'... I wanted it incorporated into the luajit source code the builtin directory at some point, but it never caught on. Thanks for removing it... and for being better at table.copy than I am.

Moving all the code into init.lua is... okay, I suppose, but it would have got messy if I added digiline furnaces, and various novelty chests like I originally intended before getting disgusted with it. Easy enough to just use dofile for that, like everyone else though, since require isn't what everyone else is using.

I honestly have no idea why pipeworks was causing crashes. I made sure to provide fallbacks for everything I used in pipeworks, if it wasn't found. Must have missed something I guess...

im-poke
IRC: poke
In-game: poke
Location: Somewhere in the Universe, on a weird planet called Earth/

by im-poke » Post

Some ideas:

Internet mod

With kaezas wiki mod we can make an internet network mod. The recipe i had in mind for the pc was:

X#X
L!L
LLL

X=nothing
#=lcd screen
L=luacontroller
!= keyboard

PS: I want it to work with the other "apps" that a computer can use. So i want to steal the GUI of the time machine mod's telephone to make it able to use my other ideas.

TV

A television completely with channels, the ability for studios to put commercials in, recording&live difference, different studios per channel and such!
The recipe i have in mind for the TV

SSS
|LS
SSB

S=Steel ingot
| = digiline
L= lamp (meselight or such)
S= screen
B=button

The recipe for the camera:

PPP
BSD
PPP

P=plastic sheet
B=battery
S=lightsensor
D=diamond

And a recorder which records dvd's (that contain a string which is the filename of the video that the camera you can connect it to):

Coming later...
ARE YOU A NYAN CAT?????
--ABJ

jogag

by jogag » Post

That's impossible. Minetest has no support for custom cameras and recording videos. And it's not possible to stream videos on a texture, so the TV would be also impossible.
(Impossible until you patch MT and make a pull request, but that's not easy!)
The PC, however, is possible. It could be a (sandboxed) Lua shell where you can enter commands. But no GUI, because that messes up everything (and is a lot more difficult to make)...
It will look more like those old BASIC computers (C64, ZX Spectrum, ...) than an actual PC. But that's better.

EDIT: posted the wrong post here xD