[Mod] More Ores [moreores]

DoctorFool
GitHub: shamoanjac
IRC: shamoanjac
In-game: shamoanjac

by DoctorFool » Post

Would you mind about adding aluminium? I'm just making a mod of aluminium stuff, so I added aluminium to your mod. It would be an abundant metal, but not really resistent.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

DoctorFool wrote:Would you mind about adding aluminium? I'm just making a mod of aluminium stuff, so I added aluminium to your mod. It would be an abundant metal, but not really resistent.
Meh, no.

Anyway, this mod lost most of its usefulness over time, I think there are enough ores in the default game now, lots of mods add their own ores too.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Technic still uses this mod, unless it is planned that the leftover ores of this mod will be added to that mod.

DoctorFool
GitHub: shamoanjac
IRC: shamoanjac
In-game: shamoanjac

by DoctorFool » Post

Calinou wrote:
DoctorFool wrote:Would you mind about adding aluminium? I'm just making a mod of aluminium stuff, so I added aluminium to your mod. It would be an abundant metal, but not really resistent.
Meh, no.

Anyway, this mod lost most of its usefulness over time, I think there are enough ores in the default game now, lots of mods add their own ores too.
I think that here should be a "standard" mod on which other mods that use ores should be based. For example, having 2 differents mods that use their own silver will make 2 kinds of silver, but if both mods used silver from More Ores, there would be only 1 kind of silver.
How do I send you the code that I wrote and the images I created?

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

there are so many standard mods that I stopped to count.

I think I'll keep this mod compatible to latest core versions for some time ... or at least until someone decides to change that silly bronze recipe in default ;-)
DON'T mention coding style!
(c) sapier all rights reserved

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I like the textures in Calinou's latest release of moreores (except for the rather bland one for the mithril block) better. Could you use those (except for the one for the mithril block) instead? They fit better with the textures of the base ores.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

as far as I know I used latest version is there another version somewhere?

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Calinou wrote: GitHub ("beta" versions of mods, this contains all my mods in a mod pack). You can also post bug reports and suggestions there, in the "Issues" section.
The version of moreores beyond the link above seems to be the newest. It has the textures I spoke of.
Last edited by Inocudom on Wed May 08, 2013 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

great calinous version is even newer so I don't have to maintain it ... I hope calinou was smart enough to copy instead of redo everything I did ;-P

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Post

Does this have to be added before world generation?

I know there's copper already in the main game. Any issues I should know of? I am pondering adding this on account of VanessaE's recommendation in conjunction with her furniture mod.
In order to change yourself, you must believe the change is possible and that there are rewards for making the change.
- Inspired by Hebrews 11:6

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

No it doesn't. What the oregen does is you set the parameters and when each block is generated the ores are generated too. The only problem is that all before the mod was added generated terrain will not have the ore
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

shaneroach

by shaneroach » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:No it doesn't. What the oregen does is you set the parameters and when each block is generated the ores are generated too. The only problem is that all before the mod was added generated terrain will not have the ore
Cool, thanks.
In order to change yourself, you must believe the change is possible and that there are rewards for making the change.
- Inspired by Hebrews 11:6

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

As far as I remember, the only thing moreores is needed for in homedecor is for the tin ingots for the fridge.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Will the tin, silver, and mithril blocks be given the same type of texture that the steel, copper, bronze, and gold blocks were given recently?

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

You recently gave mithril blocks a new texture, but tin blocks and silver blocks need new ones as well. If it helps, RealBadAngel will include this mod in his upcoming game type for Minetest.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Can I have the download for the mod before copper, gold, and bronze were removed? I'm playing survival on 0.4.5, and I wanted to use the mod. (mind you I do have the latest version, but was playing on 0.4.5 to see what it was like. also was playing it so I could use the sphax TestBDcraft texture pack)
Last edited by Evergreen on Mon Jun 17, 2013 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
Back from the dead!

hankolijo

by hankolijo » Post

The site can't be reached for me.
help?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Use the "Github (beta [...])" link below that one, instead. On the right side of the page that comes up, look for the "ZIP" button, and click that. Extract the file that was downloaded, find the "moreores" folder therein, and copy that to your mods folder.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

EveTheDragoness

by EveTheDragoness » Post

The website won't work.
Any idea how to get it elsewhere?

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

EveTheDragoness wrote:The website won't work.
Any idea how to get it elsewhere?
Read the post above yours.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

That's the official distribution of the mod(pack), and the link (which points to a github.com source code repository) worked fine when I tried it just now.

smash

by smash » Post

If I add this mod to an existing world that didn't have the mod before, will the new ores be spawned in the existing world?

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

smash wrote:If I add this mod to an existing world that didn't have the mod before, will the new ores be spawned in the existing world?
The ores will spawn in unexplored areas

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Mithril generally has no major use and can only be used for tools which aren't that great, so how about a mod where mithril can be mined for enchantments of items to make tools last longer, give more from a block or crop or generally do more damage to mobs or knockback effect for mini games ??? Even potions of healing, speed, damage etc...

So more of a More Ores & Enchantment mod which would be great :)

Rhys

by Rhys » Post

Calinou: You wouldn't mind me taking the Mithril Tools for a mod I am making? :)