[Mod] Inventory Tweaks [2.0.1] [beta] [invtweak]

Johnyknowhow
In-game: Minetestian

by Johnyknowhow » Post

cool, i iz gettin it,
It's weird looking back on my old posts as an adult. Miss some of the old times though. Johnyknowhow#5272

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

BlockMen: IT IS CUSTOM, NOT COSTUM, DAMMIT XD
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Johnyknowhow
In-game: Minetestian

by Johnyknowhow » Post

i dont like the sound, it freaked me out, so i used the minecraft sound,
It's weird looking back on my old posts as an adult. Miss some of the old times though. Johnyknowhow#5272

Linxx

by Linxx » Post

does this mod work for current version?

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

Yes. Using it with both 0.4.9 and the latest git works. The only bug I know of happens when using unknown items.
Last edited by Casimir on Wed Apr 09, 2014 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

argyle
GitHub: argyle77
IRC: argyle77

Re: [Mod] Inventory Tweak [1.2.2] [intweak]

by argyle » Post

This mod seems to be incompatible with explorertoolsall. Using second handed tool causes instant break of primary tool, which is then replaced with the secondary tool stack.

BlockMen
Developer
GitHub: BlockMen

Re: [Mod] Inventory Tweak [1.2.2] [intweak]

by BlockMen » Post

argyle wrote:This mod seems to be incompatible with explorertoolsall. Using second handed tool causes instant break of primary tool, which is then replaced with the secondary tool stack.
Sorry, currently I have no time to work on this. If you have a patch feel free to share it ;)

BlockMen
Developer
GitHub: BlockMen

by BlockMen » Post

Update! Version 2.0(beta) released.

Important: Mod name changed, it's now invtweak, not intweak anymore!

This is a complete rewrite I did a while and forgot about it. The new (and main) function of this mod is now a sort function of your player inventory.
See first post for explanation or the video below for demonstration.

The auto refill function and tool breaking sound are still included. Custom tools are currently not supported.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeOXqyP6h7o

lightonflux
In-game: lof

Re: [Mod] Inventory Tweaks [2.0] [beta] [invtweak]

by lightonflux » Post

It would be nice if intvtweak would use / provide normal unified_inventory buttons if the mod is present. Looks a bit weird with those buttons crammed into the corner.

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

great update, thank you

TheEpicJames
IRC: TheEpicJames
In-game: Block_Guy
Location: Some grassy area next to a forest, a river and a desert.

by TheEpicJames » Post

It would be nice to have things such as shift clicking to move very fast and double clicking to add all the items of that kind and put them in one stack in your hand like in minecraft?
I'm honestly not sure why I had "I like PIE." in my signature when I don't even really like it that much.

burli

Re: [Mod] Inventory Tweaks [2.0.1] [beta] [invtweak]

by burli » Post

Invtweak is crasching if I use a picaxe for digging in creative mode

Code: Select all

2016-04-08 13:46:21: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'invtweak' in callback node_on_dig(): .../minetest-valleys_v6_caves/bin/../mods/invtweak/init.lua:278: attempt to compare number with nil
2016-04-08 13:46:21: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-04-08 13:46:21: ERROR[Main]: 	.../minetest-valleys_v6_caves/bin/../mods/invtweak/init.lua:278: in function 'callback'
2016-04-08 13:46:21: ERROR[Main]: 	...s/minetest-valleys_v6_caves/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:511: in function <...s/minetest-valleys_v6_caves/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:439>

echosa

by echosa » Post

Using the sort buttons sorts everything, including the hotbar. Is that inteded? That makes the sorting pretty much useless to since, after sorting, I have to put my tools back into my hotbar. Would it be possible to have this mod sort everything except the hotbar?

everamzah
GitHub: everamzah
IRC: everamzah
In-game: everamzah

by everamzah » Post

Looking at init.lua, it appears there are three general sorting actions added to whatever inventory. I haven't tried it in a long, long time, but doesn't that include chests? What you're asking would also leave the first eight slots in a chest unsorted.

This mod is, AFAIK, unmaintained.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

I forked the mod, moved the buttons so that they don't conflict with other formspec content anymore. I modified the buttons and made them smaller while at it.

dotconfig

by dotconfig » Post

hey i like the idea! but it would be great to have a function to only stack instead of stack and change the order, so that you dont have to rearrange your items again after stacking.

texmex

by texmex » Post

dotconfig wrote:hey i like the idea! but it would be great to have a function to only stack instead of stack and change the order, so that you dont have to rearrange your items again after stacking.
I agree. Feel free to dabble with the code if you're able. I can look into it too.

bell07
GitHub: bell07

by bell07 » Post

texmex wrote:
dotconfig wrote:hey i like the idea! but it would be great to have a function to only stack instead of stack and change the order, so that you dont have to rearrange your items again after stacking.
I agree. Feel free to dabble with the code if you're able. I can look into it too.
This Function I called "Compress" in smart_inventory. If you like, you can use my code for tweaks: https://github.com/bell07/minetest-smar ... aininv.lua

local invclass = dofile(modpath.."/libs/maininv.lua")
local invobj =  invclass.get(playername)
invobj:compress()
If you see other usefull inventory functions, let me know.

texmex

by texmex » Post

bell07 wrote:This Function I called "Compress" in smart_inventory. If you like, you can use my code for tweaks: https://github.com/bell07/minetest-smar ... aininv.lua

local invclass = dofile(modpath.."/libs/maininv.lua")
local invobj =  invclass.get(playername)
invobj:compress()
If you see other usefull inventory functions, let me know.
This should be very helpful. Thank you for providing it. I will try to break this function out into its own mod. I think most people want stacking but not sorting.

bell07

by bell07 » Post

The maininv.lua is a reusable library, does not have any dependencies to the rest of smart_inventory. So you can just copy the file and call the function as proposed. Or you copy&paste the code, it is your choice.

OT: the second tweak "sweep_crafting_inventory()" I recommend too to add to the tweaks. I use it often if I miss 1 item to craft something, but all other already placed to the grid :-/. So I can remove all by 1 click, then craft the missed item ;-). Or I use the whole stacks without counting items for crafting and then swipe out the rest if the needed quantity is crafted.

texmex

by texmex » Post

bell07 wrote:The maininv.lua is a reusable library, does not have any dependencies to the rest of smart_inventory. So you can just copy the file and call the function as proposed. Or you copy&paste the code, it is your choice.

OT: the second tweak "sweep_crafting_inventory()" I recommend too to add to the tweaks. I use it often if I miss 1 item to craft something, but all other already placed to the grid :-/. So I can remove all by 1 click, then craft the missed item ;-). Or I use the whole stacks without counting items for crafting and then swipe out the rest if the needed quantity is crafted.
Thank the mese lord for ahead-thinking developers. Reusable libraries is what we need more of in the Minetest community. :)

I'll look into the other functions too.

dotconfig

by dotconfig » Post

cool, so far am loving this community! great cooporation, looking forward to see that included or as a standalone, its all i really need from the inventory ^^

Lord_Vlad

by Lord_Vlad » Post

Is it still in development ?

A 'convenient' sorting would help, with tools and torches in the hotbar...

bell07

by bell07 » Post

Just for reference, implemented mentioned tweeks "compress" and "swipe" for current default inventory sfinv in new mod smart_sfinv_tweaks in my smart_sfinv modpack.