[Modpack] WorldEdit [worldedit]

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

Shire: WorldEdit 1.0 was made for recent 0.4.7 DEV and above! In fact, if you download the bleeding-edge versions of WorldEdit, it will give you a nice clear error message:

That means the version you get from minetest.net is too outdated to use with this version of the mod.

Solution? Use WorldEdit 0.6 for Minetest 0.4.7, but be be aware that it doesn't have the orders-of-magnitude speedups and the bugfixes that came with 1.0. Or better, switch to a newer development version of Minetest! You'll get a ton of new features too!
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Temperest wrote:Shire: WorldEdit 1.0 was made for recent 0.4.7 DEV and above! In fact, if you download the bleeding-edge versions of WorldEdit, it will give you a nice clear error message:

http://i.imgur.com/xXv617n.png

That means the version you get from minetest.net is too outdated to use with this version of the mod.

Solution? Use WorldEdit 0.6 for Minetest 0.4.7, but be be aware that it doesn't have the orders-of-magnitude speedups and the bugfixes that came with 1.0. Or better, switch to a newer development version of Minetest! You'll get a ton of new features too!
+1 for this great error message!

ak399g
In-game: SAFR

by ak399g » Post

Ran into this error when using //p set:

Code: Select all

17:56:02: ACTION[ServerThread]: SAFR joins game. List of players: SAFR 
Font size: 8 15
17:56:36: ERROR[ServerThread]: ServerEnvironment::addActiveObjectRaw(): could not find block for storing id=611 statically (pos=(24,35,3))
17:56:38: ERROR[ServerThread]: ServerEnvironment::addActiveObjectRaw(): could not find block for storing id=613 statically (pos=(27,43,63))
17:56:42: ERROR[ServerThread]: ServerEnvironment::addActiveObjectRaw(): could not find block for storing id=616 statically (pos=(39,40,15))
17:56:42: ACTION[ServerThread]: SAFR leaves game. List of players: 
17:56:42: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ....minetest/mods/worldedit/worldedit_commands/mark.lua:30: attempt to call field 'get_voxel_manip' (a nil value)
17:56:42: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
Backreading, people say this error stems from not having the latest version of minetest. Do you mean latest /stable/ version, or latest /dev/ version?
Last edited by ak399g on Wed Aug 21, 2013 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
aka SAFR

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

ak399g wrote:Ran into this error when using //p set:

17:56:02: ACTION[ServerThread]: SAFR joins game. List of players: SAFR 
Font size: 8 15
17:56:36: ERROR[ServerThread]: ServerEnvironment::addActiveObjectRaw(): could not find block for storing id=611 statically (pos=(24,35,3))
17:56:38: ERROR[ServerThread]: ServerEnvironment::addActiveObjectRaw(): could not find block for storing id=613 statically (pos=(27,43,63))
17:56:42: ERROR[ServerThread]: ServerEnvironment::addActiveObjectRaw(): could not find block for storing id=616 statically (pos=(39,40,15))
17:56:42: ACTION[ServerThread]: SAFR leaves game. List of players: 
17:56:42: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ....minetest/mods/worldedit/worldedit_commands/mark.lua:30: attempt to call field 'get_voxel_manip' (a nil value)
17:56:42: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
Backreading, people say this error stems from not having the latest version of minetest. Do you mean latest /stable/ version, or latest /dev/ version?
Latest dev version, also it's nice to see someone pick up on other people problems. :-)
Back from the dead!

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Hotfix: Minetest version check included with 1.0. This should help a bit with the confusion about the errors.

This is intended to give people a better error message when using old Minetest versions. If you already have it working, there's no real reason to redownload.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

lenkman1

by lenkman1 » Post

Hey, is there a way to do //replace air stone bricks?? if not could you putt that in there? thanks

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

lenkman1 wrote:Hey, is there a way to do //replace air stone bricks?? if not could you putt that in there? thanks
//replace air default:stonebrick
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

darthvader

by darthvader » Post

How do u get rid of a specific block?
Q. Why cant you write with a broken pencil?
A. Because its not in minetest.
(The original answer is "Because it's pointless.")

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

darthvader wrote:How do u get rid of a specific block?
//replace name_of_block air
Back from the dead!

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

If you meant getting rid of one particular block, use //p set, punch the block twice, and then use //set air.

On a side note, I won't have as much time to work on WE now after starting university. However, it is still maintained and will continue to be developed.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

Correction needed: Worldedit v1.0 is for Minetest 0.4.8. It should be Worldedit v1.0 for Minetest 0.4.7 dev. Minetest 0.4.8 isn't even out yet.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Temperest

by Temperest » Post

Correct. I've added a note to reflect this.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

JackGruff

by JackGruff » Post

Could we please have the ability to remove blocks from a region? I'm not talking about making them air, I'm talking about deleting them such that the game regenerates them.

This would be useful to revert an area to its original state.

Thanks for your consideration.

-Jack.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

JackGruff wrote:Could we please have the ability to remove blocks from a region? I'm not talking about making them air, I'm talking about deleting them such that the game regenerates them.

Thanks for your consideration.

-Jack.
That is currently not possible using the Lua API
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

sfan5 wrote:
JackGruff wrote:
Could we please have the ability to remove blocks from a region? I'm not talking about making them air,I'm talking about deleting them such that the game regenerates them.

It is possible on the database level. Trouble is: How do you identify those mapblocks you want to be removed/calculated anew? Also, removing them would only work while the game is not running and using that particular database/map.
A list of my mods can be found here.

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Sokomine wrote:
sfan5 wrote:
JackGruff wrote:
Could we please have the ability to remove blocks from a region? I'm not talking about making them air,I'm talking about deleting them such that the game regenerates them.

It is possible on the database level. Trouble is: How do you identify those mapblocks you want to be removed/calculated anew? Also, removing them would only work while the game is not running and using that particular database/map.
Well...

import sqlite3

def getBlockAsInteger(x, y, z):
    return z * 16777216 + y * 4096 + x

conn = sqlite3.connect("map.sqlite")
cur = self.conn.cursor()
post = [(7, 2, -2), (7, 2, -1)] # MapBlock position [ (nodepos.x / 16, nodepos.y / 16, nodepos.z / 16) ] 

for pos in post:
    cur.execute("DELETE FROM `blocks` WHERE `pos`==?", (getBlockAsInteger(x, y, z), ))
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

That code certainly helps if the chunk to be removed has already been identified. Sometimes you'd want to remove all blocks that have not been built on, where people just wandered through in search for ressources/explored the scenery.
If only a few individual blocks ought to be generated, they could of course be marked with a special block that is used only in these blocks and nowhere else - and let the database handle the rest.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Using WorldEdit to wipe-out an area and have Minetest regenerate that are gets a thumbs-up from me.

It would be nice to be able to quickly and easily restore heavily mined areas on our server or to regenerate abandoned sections for new development.

The other reason I came to post was to ask if it would be possible for the strength of the punch be greatly reduced when WorldEdit's punch selection is used.

In more recent daily-builds of Minetest the reach and strength of the player's actions in creative mode have been increased. The strength of the punch results in an instant removal of whatever node was struck.

Most of the time this is great, saves time from constantly having to flip back-and-forth between tools and materials. But, when WorldEdit's "//p set" is used the two marker-blocks get blasted. Usually those are blocks I'd like to keep.

I could edit the settings in Minetest but then I would lose the power-punch completely. It's only when I use WorldEdit that I require a light tap to set the markers.

Thanks for a great mod!
Last edited by LazyJ on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

LazyJ wrote: Using WorldEdit to wipe-out an area and have Minetest regenerate that are gets a thumbs-up from me.
Doing it directly from WorldEdit would be dangerous. It's only really safe to delete from a world database while the world is not running. WorldEdit could only be used to mark the areas. Manually placing a block in each 16x16x16 chunk that is to be deleted would be possible (or, alternatively, those that are to be kept) - but it would also be a lot of work. Cutting off the map to delete anything below -1000 (as an example) or with x>1500 etc. would also be pretty easy.

u34

by u34 » Post

nice mod...

is there a gui Version planed in the future?
this will be very helpful...

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

cHyper wrote:nice mod...

There was a GUI mod for WorldEdit but it was discontinued.
Why would you need a GUI anyway?

thefamilygrog66

by thefamilygrog66 » Post

sfan5 wrote:

A formspec would be handy, for sure.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

For example browsing for a certain schematic file to load from within minetest would make things easier. At the moment you have to memorize the exact name or have a list visible some place outside the program window.

Actually being able to load schematic files from some other folder than the current world folder would be nice as well. I could keep my basic schematics in some util/schems/ folder instead of having folders with the same content in several world folders.

addi
GitHub: adrido

by addi » Post

sfan5 wrote:

We have a working version of cornernotes gui mod here: https://bitbucket.org/kingarthursteam/m ... dedit_gui/
its not tested with worldedit 1.0 and 0.4.7-dev but it shuld work with the worldedit version for 0.4.7 stable it dose not contain all chatcomands, but it give you an overview about some mostly used ones.
twoelk wrote:For example browsing for a certain schematic file to load from within minetest would make things easier. At the moment you have to memorize the exact name or have a list visible some place outside the program window.
thats a good idea! :) if im feeling lucky i may implement this into the gui version.

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

addi wrote:[...]
twoelk wrote:For example browsing for a certain schematic file to load from within minetest would make things easier. At the moment you have to memorize the exact name or have a list visible some place outside the program window.
thats a good idea! :) if im feeling lucky i may implement this into the gui version.
Irrlicht has a built-in file chooser, there is no need to redo that in lua.
All we need is a file chooser interface for Lua