[Modpack] WorldEdit [worldedit]

jan6
GitHub: jan69
IRC: jan6
In-game: jan6

Re: [Mod] WorldEdit [1.0] [worldedit] {GitHub}

by jan6 » Post

nice...
Last edited by jan6 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
I know everything, exept what I know...
I have a secret..it's so secret even I don't know what it is

jan6

by jan6 » Post

is there a command to clear out everything inside my area? so far i have to //replace everything (replace stone dirt coal dirt_with_grass etc. with air and then i can do what i want)

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

I have noticed an issue with the worldedit gui button in the most recent minetest game. It covers up one of the slots for items in the creative inventory:

You can see that the tooltip for the item underneath is still visible, but I cannot take the item out of the creative inventory.
Back from the dead!

jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Post

Evergreen : now fixed.

TheReaperKing

by TheReaperKing » Post

I love the addition of the wand, it makes life SO much easier. It reminds me of using the right mouse button when selecting in the Cube 2 engine. In that engine if you scroll the mousewheel one way it removes the blocks and the other way adds blocks. So you could select an area and then make a huge hole or a wall/tower. Not sure if that makes sense but the ease of use of it was really nice and that might be an idea for WorldEdit :) Thanks for all of your great work! Take care.
-Mike
Become A Real Life Superhero - http://SuperheroHill.com
Project Lead of the Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing - http://Doom3Coop.com
Project Lead of Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker - http://SandboxGameMaker.com
Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/PlatinumArtsKids

jan6

Re: [Mod] WorldEdit [1.0] [worldedit]

by jan6 » Post

I found a bug: if you save a region of air and load it, then the game crashes...idk, maybe it's fixed in the latest version?

u34

by u34 » Post

Evergreen wrote:I have noticed an issue with the worldedit gui button in the most recent minetest game. It covers up one of the slots for items in the creative inventory:

You can see that the tooltip for the item underneath is still visible, but I cannot take the item out of the creative inventory.
which mod is this please on this screenshot?

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

cHyper wrote:
It is not a mod.
That is the creative inventory that is in the new Minetest.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

u34

by u34 » Post

Don wrote:
cHyper wrote:
It is not a mod.
That is the creative inventory that is in the new Minetest.
thanks for the info!

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

There is problem with WorldEdit gui that happens to some people, so you choose some category, press button, did something, and now press back, but it won't go back anymore, so you need literally log out of the game to fix it.
That problem was on some of the newer builds, but I can't post exact versions, sorry, at least 2 people confirmed that.
Video of the problem is available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvhOsMx2AFA at 4:30

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

A quick fix I found is that if you push the down arrow it'll go back to the normal inventory.

davidthecreator
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

by davidthecreator » Post

is there a way to convert this worldedit "we" file to "mts" file?

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

by KCoombes » Post

use "//mtschemcreate (name)"

davidthecreator
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

by davidthecreator » Post

KCoombes wrote:use "//mtschemcreate (name)"
thank you wery much! this helped me a lot, now i can make buildings made with worldedit spawn in the world!
this will let me make a realy cool thing....

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Post

I have problems to place a loaded schematic properly. If there is enough place around I can handle it, because I can move an turn the schem as wanted to have it on the right place.

But if there are blocks around and I want to place something between thoose blocks, I can't do it.

It appears as if the pos1 that I do set before the loading of a schem is used to the former pos2 of the saved schem!? Or how is the position of the loaded schem set with regard to pos1?

Within Minecraft you copy an area directly and the copy is relative to the position where you stand while you give the command "//pos1". When using the "//paste"-command the copied area is pasted in relation to the place where you stand, when entering the command. This makes it possible to place an object really easy and exactly.
And ... it is even possible to turn a copied area around.

I wish Minetest-Worldedit would be able to
- save schematics depending on the place you stand
- load schematics depending on the place you stand or use pos1 for the former place where you stand while using the save-command (one variant is enough)
- rotate saved schematics

Thanks in advance :-)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

davidthecreator wrote: thank you wery much! this helped me a lot, now i can make buildings made with worldedit spawn in the world!
this will let me make a realy cool thing....
Have a look at my mg_villages mod. It does take schematics and spawns them in villages and randomly. It might be too complex a mod if you just want a random structure placed very seldom. Mapgens can do that as well to some degree. ruins, pyramids etc. all do this one way or other.
BirgitLachner wrote: I have problems to place a loaded schematic properly. If there is enough place around I can handle it, because I can move an turn the schem as wanted to have it on the right place.
Use my handle_schematics mod. Just give yourshelf a build chest (handle_schematics:build), place it where you want, select the building, spawn it, and if you're not satisfied with the result, just restore the original landscape, remove the chest and try again at a more promising location.
BirgitLachner wrote: I wish Minetest-Worldedit would be able to
All these commands do that more or less. It's most likely rotation that's giving you trouble.
BirgitLachner wrote: - load schematics depending on the place you stand or use pos1 for the former place where you stand while using the save-command (one variant is enough)
Just use my handle_schematics mod. It does that. The schematic will be placed so that it shows up one node behind the build chest, properly rotated, extending behind and to the right side of the build chest. WorldEdit is great for repair work and building large scale, but if you want to copy/move buildings from one place to another, handle_schematics is much more useful.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Me Me and Me
In-game: MeMeandMe2 Regulus

by Me Me and Me » Post

This mod is AWESOME!
Here's my train depot which I made copies of:

Attachments
me38.png
me38.png (612.31 KiB) Viewed 869 times
I Love Formspecs!

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

Sokomine wrote:
BirgitLachner wrote: I have problems to place a loaded schematic properly. If there is enough place around I can handle it, because I can move an turn the schem as wanted to have it on the right place.
Use my handle_schematics mod. Just give yourshelf a build chest (handle_schematics:build), place it where you want, select the building, spawn it, and if you're not satisfied with the result, just restore the original landscape, remove the chest and try again at a more promising location.
BirgitLachner wrote: I wish Minetest-Worldedit would be able to
All these commands do that more or less. It's most likely rotation that's giving you trouble.
BirgitLachner wrote: - load schematics depending on the place you stand or use pos1 for the former place where you stand while using the save-command (one variant is enough)
Just use my handle_schematics mod. It does that. The schematic will be placed so that it shows up one node behind the build chest, properly rotated, extending behind and to the right side of the build chest. WorldEdit is great for repair work and building large scale, but if you want to copy/move buildings from one place to another, handle_schematics is much more useful.
[/quote]

Thanks, I'll have a look at it!

843jdc
GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

After having used WorldEdit on one part of a map, I teleported to another area and tried to //p set1. That was 10 minutes ago. I am still waiting for my server to accept the command so I can cancel it and reset the server :/

At: https://github.com/Uberi/Minetest-World ... ommands.md,
your documentation for the //reset command states:
"Reset the region so that it is empty."
That tells me that if I execute that command, that it will set what is in the region to zero|nothing|nill|whatever. Since I don't want to destroy my map worse than I sometimes do using WorldEdit, I haven't tried this command yet.

But if that command means that it sets the pos1 & pos2 markers to zero|nothing|nill|whatever, so that they don't point to anything, perhaps that "Reset the region so that it is empty." phrase needs to be changed to something like: "Resets the pos1 & pos2 pointers to nil."

I love this mod! Great job making it. Though I'm sure even an expert WE user sometimes wishes that there was an UNDO function.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

I've tried to use "Run LUA" command, it has example command included, but no matter how I change it, it still outputs "Hello World" :/

Fixed by now.
Last edited by Fixer on Fri Oct 14, 2016 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

LegoLogger
GitHub: BakerPrime
IRC: BakerPrime
In-game: BakerPrime

by LegoLogger » Post

I installed the dreambuilder modpack on my private server, worldedit comes with that, I LOVE this mod! I was able to create a base for a city and 1 skyscraper to put on the base in about 35 minutes!

(That same skyscraper, I also created on a vanilla minetest server, it took about 4 hours!)

+++++ :) :)

~Logger
For those who complain about radiation, I should remind you that every time you leave your house, you step into
the worlds largest radiation beam. (Why else do you think us programmers hide in basements? ;P )

if you need to speak to me, you can catch me on #VE-Minetest-Servers, #RRH-Servers, ##Minetestwithunk, or #Minetest

h72david

by h72david » Post

[deleted]
Last edited by h72david on Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

bigfoot
GitHub: bigfoot547
IRC: bigfoot547 or bigfoot
In-game: bigfoot547 or bigfoot

by bigfoot » Post

I have a question:
Can you please revive the //fixedpos command?
I have wanted to use worldedit in a mesecons command block.

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

bigfoot547, l guess you can use the //lua command to adjust the positions of specific players

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

BirgitLachner

by BirgitLachner » Post

bark wrote:Thank you so much for creating this mod! It's probably the one I use the most, and I simply could not have played MT without it (because of CTS :))

I have a feature suggestion: Brush/landscaping tool. I initially posted this suggestion in "mod requests/ideas", but later realized it may fit better in this thread.
I'm missing thing, too. I think that it should not be too difficult. You have a tool, click on a block and create for example a sphere around the block. It's just a usage of the existing tools/commands.

Another tool that would be useful is to have a tool that smoothes the areas. If I place a big object with schematics it sometimes gives edges of rectangles that are not very nice. A tool to smooth edges like this and create smooth "transitions" between new areas would be usefull. That might be a bit more difficult.