[Modpack] WorldEdit [worldedit]

Codesound

Re: [Mod] WorldEdit [worldedit]

by Codesound » Post

PEAK wrote:
Codesound wrote:when I search one object with spaced-name (like fake grass), with replace nodes option, this is finded, but when I try to replace one selection with it, worldedit generate one mistake message...

What can i do or what I'm wrong?
Instead of the "name" try the item string of the block.
Somewhat like (I guess):

Code: Select all

modname:fake_grass
Hi,

Thanks for your interest, I tried but the problem persist...

R

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

I remember fixing this bug already, have you tried updating WorldEdit?
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Otter
GitHub: InfiniteOtter
In-game: Otter

by Otter » Post

I really love using worldedit. It is the goto base for creating things. There are a few things I would love to see in worldedit that are missing. :) [insert maniacal laugh here]

One is making something close to a line of nodes between pos1 and pos1. If stack2 allowed fractions, then it would come close to doing the same thing and if some cases might even be better. This would allow for a road, stair or even bridge with supports to angle it's way through an area. With a pos3, someone could define a basic block by using pos1 and pos2 and then have the blocks step their way to pos3. Pos3 should of course be set by the middle mouse button. :)
That or a loadAndStack command that replicated a saved block starting at pos1 and making it's way to pos2. :) This way street lamps, dashed lines in the middle of the road, piers below the road and the like could be replicated.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

sfan5 wrote:I remember fixing this bug already, have you tried updating WorldEdit?
Hi,

yes, I work with Worldedit 1.1. In the Github page I found this version (is the latest?)...
but the problem persists.....

many thanks again for this beautiful mod!!!

R

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I have noticed that worldedit_gui is currently incompatible with MineClone 2. If you try to use worldedit_gui in MineClone 2, the creative inventory breaks.
Can I do anything to ensure compability with worldedit_gui? Or is this mod just inherently incompatible?

Codesound

Re: [Modpack] WorldEdit [worldedit]

by Codesound » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I have noticed that worldedit_gui is currently incompatible with MineClone 2. If you try to use worldedit_gui in MineClone 2, the creative inventory breaks.
Can I do anything to ensure compability with worldedit_gui? Or is this mod just inherently incompatible?
Hi,

currently I don't use MineClone 2 because unfortunately it's don't work with the V7 map gen and the world into my private server is with v7 mapgen.... Soon I create another level with flat mapgen.... (and your MineClone 2 is welcome...)

thanks for all

R

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I don't understand. What does lack of support with v7 have to do with anything? You would have to create a new world either way.

Actually, you can still create a v7 world, it's just missing trees and real biomes.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I don't understand. What does lack of support with v7 have to do with anything? You would have to create a new world either way.

Actually, you can still create a v7 world, it's just missing trees and real biomes.
Ok, in these days I try to insert your beautiful MineClone 2....

(I remember that is write "V6 or Flat Only")

Thanks,
R

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Well, v7 and such are only suitable for Creative Mode but not for “normal” mode because these mapgens lack trees. They are just barely better than the infamous stone worlds.

Also, the fact that only v6 and flat are considered “supported” does not prevent you to create a new world for testing. I really don't see your problem. I also don't see how you are going to help me with my problem here.

But yeah, real support will eventually be added, of course.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Well, v7 and such are only suitable for Creative Mode but not for “normal” mode because these mapgens lack trees. They are just barely better than the infamous stone worlds.

Also, the fact that only v6 and flat are considered “supported” does not prevent you to create a new world for testing. I really don't see your problem. I also don't see how you are going to help me with my problem here.

But yeah, real support will eventually be added, of course.

Hi,

you are right!
I was wrong to answer when you asked for help for mneclone2.... Sorry....

I try Mineclone 2 now ... (Your answer made me curious about mineclone 2 ;-))

R

Robsoie

by Robsoie » Post

Hello,

I got some trouble with WorldEdit and can't seem to fix it.

On some of my various worlds, i exported some buildings in .we format, then created a world and loaded them.

It worked great.

On one of my biggest building i wasn't satisfied with its orientation, so i used the worldedit "Rotate" tool and it worked.

Then i explored the building i just rotated and noticed some problems : the stairs blocks and doors hadn't rotated, or if they did they rotated in the wrong direction.
Fortunately for the stairs a simple left click with the screwdriver on every of them fixed their orientation, for the doors i had to break then re-add them as the screwdriver had no effect on the doors.

But then i ran into a more complex bug :

Basically the "fancy beds" had not the correct orientation, but much worse they're not in the "complete" state, they're only in their half state (as you see in the screenshot there's only half of the beds).
And it's impossible to break them or use the screwdriver on them as it's as if they have no collision, they're there, you can walk through and etc .

So i tried to use worldedit replace tool after defining pos1 and pos2 (as the suppress node gave me lots of problem in the past with deleted nodes still being selectable) and have them replaced by stone, so i could easily break them and put beds in locations.

But after trying for both bed and fancy bed, worldedit still refuse to replace them, "0 nodes replaced"

Trying the "clear object", but same, despite all those half-beds are all in the pos1 pos2 defined areas, "0 objects cleared"

Only way i managed to do is have Set Node and set it to air , it obviously then deleted more than the beds, but at least the broken half beds were finally removed.

But is there a better way to fix that problem than what i was doing ?

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

WorldEdit currently does not handle facedir rotation.

About removing nodes:
Beds consist of several different nodes, when replacing you'd need to input the exact one.
"Clear Objects" clears entities from the world, which beds aren't.

If you just want to remove a single "untouchable" node, stand inside it and use both //pos1 and //pos2 to select only that one.
Then you can use //set air as usual.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

If your goal is to rotate buildings, try my handle_schematics mod. It does handle most rotations. Upside-down stairs are still problematic sometimes. Normal stairs and beds work fine.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Robsoie

by Robsoie » Post

Thanks for the pos1 and pos2 in same location trick, i didn't thought about it to solve the node replacement by air taking out a few more nodes than i wanted.

For the handle schematic trick, on those building i stayed away from this mod due to their sheer size , as i had problems with some very big schematics already, while worldedit could still manage them (even if it takes time)

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Robsoie wrote: For the handle schematic trick, on those building i stayed away from this mod due to their sheer size , as i had problems with some very big schematics already, while worldedit could still manage them (even if it takes time)
Very big volumes with a length/width far exceeding 100 nodes in each direction are indeed too large for handle_schematics as that one stores the entire volume in memory first and then applies changes, creates a statistic of nodes, calls on_construct, takes care of the surface dirt nodes etc. For very large maps, calling minetest.place_schematic directly might be more helpful. That one can be called with a rotation parameter and a list of replacements as well. A small mod exposing these parameters could sometimes be useful. Or just write your onw very tiny mod for it :-)

Otter

Control Z

by Otter » Post

Yes, it is a zoom in and look function, but just now I really wanted a Control Z that undid my last action.
Have you ever done the wrong thing in WorldEdit and messed up everything you had been building for the last hour?
So much lovely work. So totally gone. :(

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Otter wrote: Yes, it is a zoom in and look function, but just now I really wanted a Control Z that undid my last action.
Have you ever done the wrong thing in WorldEdit and messed up everything you had been building for the last hour?
So much lovely work. So totally gone. :(
Sadly, yes. At least in the old MC creative. Rollback won't even help you...

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Hi,

Does the undo feature exist in WE?

Thanks

R

Otter

by Otter » Post

Codesound wrote:Hi,

Thanks

R
Kind of Sort of.
You can delete an area and restore it to what the mapgen made before you did anything. Unless you saved an area though, your work has no protection. It is easy to exit the game and copy the world. That is a very good save, and it is one I try to do regularly as I work. For a straight through session though, there is no going back part way through.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Otter wrote:
Codesound wrote:Hi,

Thanks

R
Kind of Sort of.
You can delete an area and restore it to what the mapgen made before you did anything. Unless you saved an area though, your work has no protection. It is easy to exit the game and copy the world. That is a very good save, and it is one I try to do regularly as I work. For a straight through session though, there is no going back part way through
Thanks for your suggestion....

R

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Windows10_x64, Worldedit 1.1, Minetest 0.4.16

Hi,

I found one boring problem in Copy/Move option: if I set first the amount and then the direction, the amount change automatically and turn back to the previously value... (this is the ragion of my previously 'undo request' post)
I do not know if it only happens to me...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Thanks,

R

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

What you're describing is unfortunately a limitation of the formspec system Minetest uses, and can't be fixed in WorldEdit.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

sfan5 wrote:Post by sfan5 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 14:16
What you're describing is unfortunately a limitation of the formspec system Minetest uses, and can't be fixed in WorldEdit.
Hi,

Just be careful about this problem when using the copy / move function....

Many thanks for all your work! Worldedit is one beautiful mod...

R

miloszs
GitHub: miloszs
IRC: miloszs mmmm
In-game: miloszs mmmm

by miloszs » Post

Hi, does /mtschemplace as works as /load ?

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

//mtschemplace works in the same way, yes.
command reference