sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

Re: [Modpack] WorldEdit [worldedit]

by sfan5 » Post

electricwildflower wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 18:38
I choose x-axis, y-axis, 180 degrees and so on and all the same "invalid usage"

Am I doing something wrong in terms of trying to rotate a building so it faces a different way?
No, that's a bug and it's been fixed just now if you download a newer version.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Troodon
IRC: Troodon
In-game: Troodon

by Troodon » Post

Hello
Before I start I want to congratulate you for this incredible mod but I find that it lacks three features:
1) Being able to make spheres, domes ... with several blocks (a bit like the // mix command)
Example: // sphere 6 dirt 25 dirt_with_grass 25 air 50
I think it could be great for terrainforming

2) Make an order which activates the physics of falling blocks such as gravel, sand ...
that would be a great addition to be able to model montaignes in gravel then replace the gravel starting from stone, dirt ...

3) Being able to use the // replace command to replace several blocks (again a bit like // mix)
Example: // replace stone dirt 25 dirt_with_grass 25 sand 50

I find that these additions will improve the terrainforming on MT and open a lot of doors for organic builds.

Again thank you for this great mod !!!

Troodon

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Troodon wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 20:02
2) Make an order which activates the physics of falling blocks such as gravel, sand ...
that would be a great addition to be able to model montaignes in gravel then replace the gravel starting from stone, dirt ...
Look into we_env, it has this exact function (//fall) and a few other features useful for modelling terrain.
I've also made a demo video before: viewtopic.php?p=294778#p294778
Troodon wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 20:02
3) Being able to use the // replace command to replace several blocks (again a bit like // mix)
Example: // replace stone dirt 25 dirt_with_grass 25 sand 50
This could be implemented as a //mixreplace and would then also support your sphere usecase (with extra steps). I'll keep it in mind.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Troodon
IRC: Troodon
In-game: Troodon

by Troodon » Post

Perfect
thank you for considering my requests and thank you for the order //fall

Bastrabun

by Bastrabun » Post

Maybe instead making a command for each of those cases like mixsphere (=make a sphere, then mix it, then ...) it might be a better idea to let us chain commands?
Whatever I say is CC0

electricwildflower

by electricwildflower » Post

Cheers for the help with the rotation

Another quick question?

What's the best way of clearing multiple nodes so that I can then put things in place where the nodes where, as an example.

I have been building a canal in which parts of it are through a tunnel and using the get/set region I selected the nodes I wanted to remove then I chose hide region. Of course, this doesn't help if you wanted to put things in place of where the nodes existed as the nodes are technically still there just hidden. I tried the suppress nodes option and it just does the same as hide region.

Both of them hide the nodes and where the nodes where you can't place anything down such as lighting on a wall, other nodes, and so on.

Am I missing something?

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Sounds like you should be using //replace node_name air.
Note that there will be no way to get those nodes back, but that seems to be what you want.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

electricwildflower wrote: Am I doing something wrong in terms of trying to rotate a building so it faces a different way?
If you want to place the schematic of a house or other build from the forum, better consider using my handle_schematics mod. The handle_schematics:build node it comes with can be placed and schematics and worldedit files be spawned with it. They'll automaticly be rotated according to the way you placed the build node. And there's even an undo function if the schematic doesn't fit in there the way you wanted to. Just restore the original landscape with a button.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Darkf4antom
In-game: Darf4antom

Re:

by Darkf4antom » Post

sfan5 wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2011 17:50
Fun Fact about 1st Screenshot:
It took 2 minutes to set the blocks
can you give me the steps on how to use copy and move cmds
i am struggling to understand copy function

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

sfan5 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 20:57
Note that there will be no way to get those nodes back,
I wonder where there is no //undo available.

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

There is a mod but im not really seeing it working but will give link to it
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

Steamed_Punk
GitHub: steamed-punk

by Steamed_Punk » Post

Hi, I have just got this up and running but I'm having a couple of issues using the GUI.
I am using MT 5.3.0
I have started a single node game and added a 64x64 flat area from 0,0,0 to N and E.
Every time I stack I seem to get stuck in that option. The said wall is built but when I go back to the GUI I can't use the back button. The only way out is to restart the game. This also happens when I copy and move a/that selection of nodes. It just locks up.
I can set positions and add nodes just fine and have no other issues with it.

I have only got as far as building a wall and copy/move so far....

Does anyone know how to add negative values to options to build down under ground level? I have tried using the minus symbol before the numbers but it gets ignored and builds up instead of down.
The sky is not the limit - It's my playground

Bastrabun

by Bastrabun » Post

Regarding that back button: I have occasionally the same behaviour, I get out when I hit the back-button two or three times in quickly in a row.

When it comes to building downwards or anywhere I like, I usually use the "use my look direction" option, to make extra sure I didn't mess up with coordinates.
Whatever I say is CC0

Steamed_Punk
GitHub: steamed-punk

by Steamed_Punk » Post

Bastrabun wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 13:44
Regarding that back button: I have occasionally the same behaviour, I get out when I hit the back-button two or three times in quickly in a row.

When it comes to building downwards or anywhere I like, I usually use the "use my look direction" option, to make extra sure I didn't mess up with coordinates.
Thanks for the advice I will try multiple clicks to see. As for the "look direction", good point, I hadn't thought of that.

Cheers
The sky is not the limit - It's my playground

electricwildflower

by electricwildflower » Post

Potential idea?

When using world edit i often use the set nodes or replace nodes when building my world but sometimes it can be time consuming having to retype in what node i want to use to replace or set as i move between small projects on my map.

Is there an option or could there be one implemented to have a kind of drop down menu where the type in box is so you can type in what ever node you want to use, but also a button to open up a drop down list of the last say 5 nodes you used which you can choose from instead of having to retype a node when you switch between any.

Maybe a potential new idea that would save people like myself having to type in a node when i switch and it will automatically switch when i select a different node to use?

Just an idea mind :)

amelaye
GitHub: amelaye

by amelaye » Post

Hi,

I've got an issue with this mod, when I use "clear nodes" to drop nodes, (example : deleting a forest to build something), the items aren't there anymore, but I can't build over the deleted nodes. It seems like I have "ghost nodes", is that an issue or I didn't understood the "clear nodes" concept ?

Thanks
My server : 188.165.239.63:30000 - My website : http://minetest.amelieonline.net

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

What you want to use is //set air instead, if you use //hide the nodes will not be deleted but "just" become invisible.

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

WorldEdit 1.3 has just been released!

If you've been using the git version before (you should), there isn't anything new for you. But if not, there are quite some exciting new features.

Download it here or read the release notes.

Sunge
GitHub: vraisunge
In-game: Sunge

by Sunge » Post

Hello,

is there a way to put the wand tool into an itemframe (mod: itemframes)? When I rightclick it will only select the region.

Thank you

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Wow //mix is awesome!

Iwonder how hard it would be implementing the mixing functionality into //replace for example, so you can replace the give node in an area with a random node from the mix.

For example when building a structure from a placeholder node and replace with the desired node mix afterwards.

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

I suggest collaborating with and integrating the terraform mod. I use that as much as I use worldedit.

wsor4035
GitHub: wsor4035
IRC: wsor
In-game: wsor

by wsor4035 » Post

Linuxdirk wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 05:27
Wow //mix is awesome!

Iwonder how hard it would be implementing the mixing functionality into //replace for example, so you can replace the give node in an area with a random node from the mix.

For example when building a structure from a placeholder node and replace with the desired node mix afterwards.
this has already been done in https://github.com/sbrl/Minetest-WorldEditAdditions handy mod that adds lots of useful features. seems to outpace worldedit itself in terms of activity
j5uBLfc6NxgersvVj5D5dIsiKDkoQb0o

x2048
Developer
GitHub: x2048

by x2048 » Post

MisterE wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 13:31
I suggest collaborating with and integrating the terraform mod. I use that as much as I use worldedit.
Interesting suggestion. What do you think would make sense to integrate?

chojin

by chojin » Post

I would like to suggest a new command //replaceunknown to replace unknown nodes, which can come in handy when a mod was removed, and there is no simple solution to replace the unknown nodes left by this removed mod.
For example moreblocks replaces/renames a lot of nodes other mods provide (like stairs). so re-adding the mod to replace the blocks with their stair/slab alternatives is not possible as the alternatives are not available with the mod enabled.

I think it can be implemented fairly simple. I created a small mod myself, just to add this command to MT as I was in the situation from my example above.. but instead of releasing this as a separate mod (and probably not maintaining it), I think it is best implemented in something like WorldEdit.

Here is my code, mainly based on https://github.com/indriApollo/remove_unknown, which is also maybe a nice addition to WE.
Spoiler

Code: Select all

replace_unknown = {}

minetest.register_privilege("replaceunknown")

minetest.register_chatcommand("replaceunknown", {
	params = "<unknown_name> <replace_name>",
	description = "Replace unknown nodes ",
	privs = {replaceunknown = true},
	func = function(name,params)
		local params = string.split(params, " ")
		local unknown_name = table.remove(params, 1)
		local replace_name = table.remove(params, 1)
		local pos1 = {}
		local pos2 = {}

if not unknown_name or unknown_name == nil or
	           not replace_name or replace_name == nil then
		   	minetest.chat_send_player(name,"Missing or invalid unknown_name/replace_name !")
			return false
		else
			if not minetest.registered_nodes[replace_name] then
				minetest.chat_send_player(name,replace_name.." is not a valid node name !")
				return false
			end
		end

if worldedit.pos1[name] and worldedit.pos2[name] then
			pos1 = worldedit.pos1[name]
			pos2 = worldedit.pos2[name]
			pos1, pos2 = worldedit.sort_pos(pos1, pos2)
		else
			minetest.chat_send_player(name,"Missing or invalid pos1/pos2 !")
			return false
		end
		local count = replace_unknown.replace(unknown_name,replace_name,pos1,pos2)
		minetest.chat_send_player(name,count.." node(s) replaced !")
		return true
	end,
})

replace_unknown.replace = function(unknown_name,replace_name,pos1,pos2)

local count = 0

local manip = minetest.get_voxel_manip()
	local emerged_pos1, emerged_pos2 = manip:read_from_map(pos1,pos2)
	local area = VoxelArea:new({MinEdge=emerged_pos1, MaxEdge=emerged_pos2})
	local nodes = manip:get_data()
	for i in area:iterp(pos1,pos2) do
		local cur_node = minetest.get_name_from_content_id(nodes[i])
		if cur_node == unknown_name then
			nodes[i] = minetest.get_content_id(replace_name) -- replace unknown with requested replacement
			count = count + 1
		end
	end

-- write changes to map
	manip:set_data(nodes)
	manip:write_to_map()
	manip:update_map()

return count
end

PEAK
In-game: PEAK

Re: [Modpack] WorldEdit [worldedit] - move broken?

by PEAK » Post

move broken?

Not the first time I encountered this.
I decided to move the upper part of my building one block up.

... selected the region
... //move y 1

I don’t know exactly the dimensions, but it said:
"warning, could affect 825976 nodes"
... //y
"412988 nodes moved"

But what was moved are only the marks and boundaries of the selected region, no block moved and no further action possible.

After 15 minutes (!) I decided to close Minetest - I had to kill it because it hang.
The map.sqlite hadn’t changed ever since I typed "//move y 1".

Saving the region as some.we, replacing region with air, and loading the some.we to a point one block higher: worked instantly.

So I assume the move command is broken.

(For smaller regions it works fine. But I think 825976 nodes is not sooo big.)

My MT version: 5.4.1, the worldedit mod is up-to-date from ContenDB.
I am okay with using the screenshots in all my posts for the website of Minetest (http://minetest.net).