[Modpack] WorldEdit [worldedit]

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

Re: [Modpack] WorldEdit [worldedit]

by sfan5 » Post

Stugmug wrote:I have one question though, any idea on how to make a smooth brush tool? Something that smoothens the terrain with a given radius?
I have code for that almost ready but it still needs a few bugs fixed.
BBmine wrote:I asked a question back in July, but I think it was overlooked.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=572&start=700#p281742
The answer is: You can't.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

I've put up we_env, which includes a command to smoothen terrain here: https://github.com/sfan5/we_env
You'll probably want to watch this demonstration video:
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Stugmug
In-game: Stugmug

by Stugmug » Post

Wow, this looks great!

Is there a possibility to use the smooth command using the WorldEdit Wand?

BirgitLachner
In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Post

Great enhancement, I really love it ... and you, too ;-)

But, can I already use them with 0.4.16? I tried the newest download from github and it does not work -> errors

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Stugmug wrote:Is there a possibility to use the smooth command using the WorldEdit Wand?
(I assume you mean the brush)

While //smooth really works better on bigger areas at once, I have implemented to the possibility of smoothing using a brush.
BirgitLachner wrote:But, can I already use them with 0.4.16? I tried the newest download from github and it does not work
A Minetest build from at least 7th July is required, for example this one (which is 0.4.16-b20d01a).

roboto
GitHub: NewbProgrammer101
In-game: akoek

by roboto » Post

One thing I hate about this modpack is that chests are unusable after placing the .mts file.

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

That's not a bug in WorldEdit, see here.

roboto

by roboto » Post

Ah, understood.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Great mod!
I've started a pull request that will increase the reach of the wand. This really helps when making large buildings https://github.com/Uberi/Minetest-WorldEdit/pull/149
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

ChimneySwift
GitHub: ChimneySwift
IRC: ChimneySwift
In-game: ChimneySwift

by ChimneySwift » Post

This is obviously brilliant, one of the classics.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this, but is it possible to make a torus? If so, I think this shape should be added :P.
A spoon is basically a tiny bowl with a stick on it

houlala

by houlala » Post

If i have understood, there is no possibility to add an undo command ? How to do a cancellation after a manipulation error then ? This is a big problem.

Also, is there a possibility to stock all shematics in directory mod rather than in maps directories ?
I need to share my shematics with severals maps, and this is a problem too with maps deletions, if by example, i forget than one map contains schems.

I think you will must make a basic FAQ for your génial mod =)

Otter
GitHub: InfiniteOtter
In-game: Otter

by Otter » Post

houlala wrote:If i have understood, there is no possibility to add an undo command ? How to do a cancellation after a manipulation error then ? This is a big problem.

Also, is there a possibility to stock all shematics in directory mod rather than in maps directories ?
I need to share my shematics with severals maps, and this is a problem too with maps deletions, if by example, i forget than one map contains schems.

There is a pair of FAQ's built in. Go to the directory and look at the Tutorial and the Chat Commands. The writer of this wonderful mod is not an employee. There is no 'must' when we are enjoying the fruits of Sfan5's freely given labor.

If you really wish to understand this mod, the LUA is, for the most part, readable. I will admit the worldedit code can jump to advanced quickly and leave one lost in the numbers, but a lot of the functionality can be read and understood by examining the code. Never fear to look behind the curtain, often a more meek and less frightening wizard is hiding there.

houlala

by houlala » Post

Otter wrote:If you really wish to understand this mod, the LUA is, for the most part, readable. I will admit the worldedit code can jump to advanced quickly and leave one lost in the numbers, but a lot of the functionality can be read and understood by examining the code. Never fear to look behind the curtain, often a more meek and less frightening wizard is hiding there.
I don't want learn lua, i hate this senseless language, and i 'm not a coder, i don't want learn to code, this forum is only reserved for the mods dev ? Ok, it's an elitist forum then, not for the lambda players.
Otter wrote:There is no 'must' when we are enjoying the fruits of Sfan5's freely given labor..
Sorry, i used must by error, the sense of my words was not to give an order, but a suggestion, i'm really confused...

It was my last message on this forum, i don't want to have some problems with anyone because of my language mistakes.
And sorry again.

Otter
GitHub: InfiniteOtter
In-game: Otter

by Otter » Post

houlala wrote:
Otter wrote:If you really wish to understand this mod, the LUA is, for the most part, readable. I will admit the worldedit code can jump to advanced quickly and leave one lost in the numbers, but a lot of the functionality can be read and understood by examining the code. Never fear to look behind the curtain, often a more meek and less frightening wizard is hiding there.
I don't want learn lua, i hate this senseless language, and i 'm not a coder, i don't want learn to code, this forum is only reserved for the mods dev ? Ok, it's an elitist forum then, not for the lambda players.
Otter wrote:There is no 'must' when we are enjoying the fruits of Sfan5's freely given labor..
Sorry, i used must by error, the sense of my words was not to give an order, but a suggestion, i'm really confused...

It was my last message on this forum, i don't want to have some problems with anyone because of my language mistakes.
And sorry again.
No problem, this is not really an elitist forum, they haven't thrown me off and that is pretty good proof. It is instead a group that has fun giving what they can spare to give in their free time. There is constant change here. Slow at times but constant. That does mean work to keep up with what is going on. Sometimes things can seem like they are complex or far from responsive. The issue I see is that the progress tends to run faster than the documentation and it is a lot of work to keep the documentation up to date and easy to understand. The moment everything is up to date everything changes. Worldedit, is complex in ways but some of what it does will always be that way. When objects are created centered around a point, it takes math to position them sometimes.

Worldedit, by the way is one of the better documented mods. If you want to drive yourself spare, try building a nuclear power plant from scratch using the technic mod without begging for help.

I suppose we do have a few elitist tendencies. A lot of us hate half cut down trees and single block diameter vertical towers.

lonestar

by lonestar » Post

houlala wrote:If i have understood, there is no possibility to add an undo command ? How to do a cancellation after a manipulation error then ? This is a big problem.

There is now a mod for WE undo, thanks to HybridDog
https://github.com/HybridDog/we_undo

roboto

by roboto » Post

houlala wrote:
Unfortunately, this forum *is* what you would call an elitist forum. :(

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

roboto wrote:
houlala wrote:Ok, it's an elitist forum then, not for the lambda players.
Unfortunately, this forum *is* what you would call an elitist forum. :(
Nope

There is a documentation problem with most mods. However, suggesting that someone learning Lua is not elitist. It's elitist if they only allowed Lua knowers in this forum, or abused those that don't know. I'm not really sure why this word was thrown around.

You shouldn't need to learn Lua to know how to use any mods however. Worldedit is actually quite documented - I've never had to read wordedit's code to use it, just the readme and wiki. It's fair enough to overlook this resources though, and it's good to post in any mods about documentation issues.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

AccidentallyRhine

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

Sadly, I think I discovered the size limitation at ~853MB before crashing out with a lua error. I guess I will have to save some mega builds in smaller chunks.

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

If it's not already possible, could a line draw feature be added? Currently, straight lines can only be drawn on the x or z axis, but they cannot be drawn with any angle. Having the ability to draw a simple line or configurable width between the two pos markers would be a huge benefit to making roads and tracks.

And THANKS for this AWESOME mod!

Shad MOrdre

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

Attachments
Screenshot (114).png
Screenshot (114).png (77.19 KiB) Viewed 1515 times
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

GamingAssociation39 wrote:<screenshot>
You have an "inventory management" mod installed that has disabled the built-in sfinv, but at the same time isn't supported by worldedit_gui.

Daii
In-game: Daii

by Daii » Post

a extreme usefull mod you created here!

But i would have 3 suggestions for implementation:

1) possibility of „copy the marked area“ instead of define acis and number nodes
2) a „Paste“-command would be perfekt
3) the „//regen“ command of the MC-Version of WorldEdit

cause i‘am not able to program i have the hope you can and would mind to add this ;-)

AccidentallyRhine

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

@daii

1) & 2) may be similar enough for you to just use //save <name> and //load <name>.

3) I could be wrong but I believe //deleteblocks does this by invoking map generation again.

Daii
In-game: Daii

by Daii » Post

AccidentallyRhine wrote:@daii

1) & 2) may be similar enough for you to just use //save <name> and //load <name>.

3) I could be wrong but I believe //deleteblocks does this by invoking map generation again.
Ok thx, i/we will try this and i‘ll edit mi Post later for the results ;-)

Edit: //deleteblocks works as replacement for //regen :-) it needs some more attention in cause of that all chunks in the marked area are regenerated, but it works as wanted;-)

hajo

by hajo » Post

sfan5 wrote:download a git snapshot ..
Enable the whole modpack
I'm running 0.4.16 and did this, but it doesn't work: the mod doesn't stay enabled.

EG. select a world, configure, enable worldedit-modpack (it turns green), save,
configure again --> worldedit is no longer enabled.
Activating other mods works just fine.

And in world.mt, the worldedit-entries show up like

Code: Select all

load_mod_worldedit = nil
load_mod_worldedit_commands = nil

debug.txt has no messages about worldedit

I also changed the directory-name in the mods-folder & tried again, same result.

What now?