[Modpack] WorldEdit [worldedit]

solars

Re: [Mod] WorldEdit [1.0] [worldedit] {GitHub}

by solars » Post

First I love WorldEdit. My newest Buildings where not possible without WorldEdit.

Today, I would rotate one of my Buildings and failed.
The error was in the command orient:
I used first rotate and then orient it. On the image, you see a test I done after.
The rotating is right, but at the orient command, all peaces that was upside down are flipped.

So, I hope, the next Version of WorldEdit ist compatible to the screwdriver-tool too. ;)
And I say thanks for WorldEdit. Its realy fantastic!
My big Minetest map Karsthafen: English thread / German thread / Youtube / German webpage

mcboydesign
GitHub: mcboydesign
IRC: mcboydesign
In-game: mcboydesign

by mcboydesign » Post

hi
for fix problem gui interface exit on inventory_plus (minetest 0.4.10)!

change in init.lua (mod worldedit_gui of course),line 219:

"button[0,0;2,0.5;worldedit_gui_exit;Back]" ..

by

"button[0,0;2,0.5;main;Back]" ..

Code: Select all

218   		return string.format("size[%g,%g]", math.max(columns * width, 5), math.max(y + 0.5, 3)) ..
219			"button[0,0;2,0.5;main;Back]" ..
220			"label[2,0;WorldEdit GUI]" ..
221			table.concat(buttons)
:)

[FR]Voilà comment débloquer le bouton back pour world edit gui sur minetest 0.4.10 il suffit juste de changer "worldedit_gui_exit" par "main" à la ligne 119 de init.lua du mod worldedit_gui!
My site for game for french gamer/Le site de mes jeux
TS3...Minecraft...Minetest...Starmade...7 day to die...in a dedicated server.

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

//pos1 , //pos2 , //set obsidian

When I type those commands in that order (to make an Obsidian platform), the platform, for some queer reason, appears but seems to be constructed out of Obsidian Glass with all its properties rather than actual Obsidian...

I am not sure why this occurs, but I request that it be fixed, if it is the fault of this mod: It has caused me and I presume others a great deal of inconvenience.

Thanks
The Ironic Thing About Common Sense Is That It Isn't Very Common

lotek
GitHub: LotekHeavy
IRC: lotek
In-game: lotek

by lotek » Post

you have to be more specific... e.g. default:dirt an not only just dirt.
----
Mine Heavy
http://mine.heavy.ch

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

OK Thanks. Also is it possible to replace flowing water with another node? So far I have only been able to replace the actual water sources and not the flowing water in the case of water griefs: Is there anyway to replace both?

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

I've noticed on server that using worldedit can be a little unstable, it may work the first few times but on occasion it brings up this error and crashes server (using latest github):

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'ServerError'
what(): std::bad_alloc

stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'read_from_map'
/home/mtxanadu/.minetest/mods/worldedit_commands/mark.lua:68: in function 'mark_region'
/home/mtxanadu/.minetest/mods/worldedit_commands/mark.lua:25: in function 'mark_pos1'
/home/mtxanadu/.minetest/mods/worldedit_commands/init.lua:247: in function 'callback'
/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:383: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:37

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

std::bad_alloc means Minetest ran out of memory.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

sfan5 wrote:std::bad_alloc means Minetest ran out of memory.
And what's the meaning of "error in error handling" and "Speicherzugriffsfehler" in minetest?
BTW: https://github.com/HybridDog/minetest-n ... e18418cc5e
I moved the deletion of a part of a table down to the end of the function because of a problem by Minetestforfun I think and I think that it was caused by luajit: it linked n and p instead of making new variables for it (with pairs) I guess.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

sfan5 wrote:std::bad_alloc means Minetest ran out of memory.
The server in question has 4gb memory available and a 120gb SSD for use... In a typical session minetest only ever uses 480mb memory...

SomeGuyMTofficial
IRC: someguy_irc
In-game: someguy

by SomeGuyMTofficial » Post

is there any way to use the world edit commands with mesecons command block? so we can have a auto generating/fixing structure.
๖ۣۜSomeGuy(⌐■_■)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
just chilling.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Hmm.. since I've start building in SinglePlayer with WorldEdit, it is REALLY useful. Great in cutting time in building complicated structures like this...
Tokyo Big Sight
Some things to add which would help this project...
LINE DRAW:
Draw a line of blocks from //pos1 to //pos2 (not a straight line)
example: //line default:rail

WALL DRAW:
Draw a wall or surface like stairs from //pos1 to //pos2 along describe axis by a defined dimension.
example //wall y 5 stone
... would draw a stone wall from 1 to 2 at a height of 5 nodes for stairs, you would pick X or Z axis.

BLOCK ROTATE or ORIENT(ATE):
with V6 and blocks being able to be flipped, it would be nice to have the power to bulk rotate the blocks like stairs.
example: //orient x -90 (all blocks selected would be rotated 90 degrees on the X axis)
//orient z 180 stone:stair (only specified would be flipped upsidedown)

Thoughts?

Fritigern
In-game: Fritigern

by Fritigern » Post

Feature requests:
* //undo : Would do as advertised. I've definitely missed this one after several goof ups that affected large areas. And /rollback does not always work on WE operations.
* //hbox, //hcube or //walls : Create a hollow cube the size of the selection, usable as a quick way to build walls.
* //prism and //hprism : Create a (hollow) prism the size of the selection, useful as a roof. A hollow prism can be used as roof with attic.
* //torus : A versatile shape, usable to create space stations.

Improvements:
* No longer have the shapes (pyramid, dome, etc) center at //pos1 but make them the size of the selection. This allows for more precise placements and would match the behavior of //set and //replace
* When importing schems, position the imported structure relative to the position that the player had whilst exporting the schem.
* Automatically apply //r air air after operations that often cause dark areas. This should be a config option.

Bug (unless I'm wrong):
* //fixlight does not seem to do anything on dark areas. //r air air usually does work however

I know, this would prolly have been better placed on a bugtracker, but bugtrackers are usally horrible for discussions :-)
--
This is NOT a sig.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:Hmm.. since I've start building in SinglePlayer with WorldEdit, it is REALLY useful. Great in cutting time in building complicated structures like this...
Tokyo Big Sight
Some things to add which would help this project...
LINE DRAW:
Draw a line of blocks from //pos1 to //pos2 (not a straight line)
example: //line default:rail

WALL DRAW:
Draw a wall or surface like stairs from //pos1 to //pos2 along describe axis by a defined dimension.
example //wall y 5 stone
... would draw a stone wall from 1 to 2 at a height of 5 nodes for stairs, you would pick X or Z axis.

BLOCK ROTATE or ORIENT(ATE):
with V6 and blocks being able to be flipped, it would be nice to have the power to bulk rotate the blocks like stairs.
example: //orient x -90 (all blocks selected would be rotated 90 degrees on the X axis)
//orient z 180 stone:stair (only specified would be flipped upsidedown)

Thoughts?
Fritigern wrote:Feature requests:
* //undo : Would do as advertised. I've definitely missed this one after several goof ups that affected large areas. And /rollback does not always work on WE operations.
* //hbox, //hcube or //walls : Create a hollow cube the size of the selection, usable as a quick way to build walls.
* //prism and //hprism : Create a (hollow) prism the size of the selection, useful as a roof. A hollow prism can be used as roof with attic.
* //torus : A versatile shape, usable to create space stations.

Improvements:
* No longer have the shapes (pyramid, dome, etc) center at //pos1 but make them the size of the selection. This allows for more precise placements and would match the behavior of //set and //replace
* When importing schems, position the imported structure relative to the position that the player had whilst exporting the schem.
* Automatically apply //r air air after operations that often cause dark areas. This should be a config option.

Bug (unless I'm wrong):
* //fixlight does not seem to do anything on dark areas. //r air air usually does work however

I know, this would prolly have been better placed on a bugtracker, but bugtrackers are usally horrible for discussions :-)

I made some functions with which a line is calculated between two positions. I could add very much stuff to worldedit, e.g. //replacerandom, //menger_sponge, //mg_noisetest, …

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Fritigern
In-game: Fritigern

by Fritigern » Post

I forgot to add a request for //smooth <intensity> to the list. It would smoothen the contours of the selection. For instance, if you have a 100x100x100 cube selected, it would get rounded corners, depending on the chosen intensity.
Inversely, //rough <intensity> would roughen the selection, making the same 100x100x100 cube look messy, which can be useful for terrains. It could also be used to blend two or more kinds of nodes together, kind of like the way //mix does it now, only with a messier feel.
--
This is NOT a sig.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

I've had VanessaE upload the work shown above on Creative and installed a travelnet box. So If you want to see how good using worldedit for building can get... come visit Little BIG Sight on creative.

Working with WorldEdit, I could use //alias {blockname} {alias} ie, //alias prefab:concrete_slab sidewalk

That wasy if an block has real long name, //alias would sustitute that with user defined one unless it's already in use.

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Can I rerun mapgen on a region somehow?
I have a very old world and some parts of it were generated with old generators. I want to regenerate them with current generator. Is this possible with this mod or any other?

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

neko259 wrote:Can I rerun mapgen on a region somehow?
I have a very old world and some parts of it were generated with old generators. I want to regenerate them with current generator. Is this possible with this mod or any other?
l think l read somewhere that someone made a python mapfix script.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:
neko259 wrote:Can I rerun mapgen on a region somehow?
l think l read somewhere that someone made a python mapfix script.
I don't want to regen whole map, just a region. I would be best to select it with worldedit.
Maybe someone can suggest a lua code to run mapgen on a region? I recall worldedit being able to run plain lua code.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

neko259 wrote: I don't want to regen whole map, just a region. I would be best to select it with worldedit.
Maybe someone can suggest a lua code to run mapgen on a region? I recall worldedit being able to run plain lua code.
You might do a backup of your world, then open the database with sqlite3, calculate the id of the mapblock you want to have re-generated, and delete that on sql level. Then the mapchunk (usually a block of 5x5x5 maplocks of 16x16x16 nodes, so 80x80x80 blocks alltogether) will be regenerated automaticly. Adjacent parts (up to 15 further nodes in each direction) might be harmed by cavegen.
A list of my mods can be found here.

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Sokomine wrote:
neko259 wrote: I don't want to regen whole map, just a region. I would be best to select it with worldedit.
You might do a backup of your world, then open the database with sqlite3, calculate the id of the mapblock you want to have re-generated, and delete that on sql level. Then the mapchunk (usually a block of 5x5x5 maplocks of 16x16x16 nodes, so 80x80x80 blocks alltogether) will be regenerated automaticly. Adjacent parts (up to 15 further nodes in each direction) might be harmed by cavegen.
I know I can do that in "raw-way", but I want a tool to do that from the game.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

neko259 wrote:
Sokomine wrote:
I know I can do that in "raw-way", but I want a tool to do that from the game.
lf you start minetest two times and join the same world (singleplayer) two times at the same time, …

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

byronarn

by byronarn » Post

I have a world that I have put a lot of effort into. I have been trying out mods, and deleting them when I decide that it wasn't what i wanted. Now I have these ugly unknown blocks everywhere. I have seen a few suggestions on the minetest forums that worldEdit is able to remove all the unknown blocks in my world. I cannot figure out how to do so though. Can you help me by explaining how I would do so?

superschizo
In-game: uberdorf

by superschizo » Post

I would like to add that //fixlight is still causing problems. This is a great mod, but it seems one needs the mapfix mod also to fix lighting issues. The fixlight command has crashed my game, or it freezes up for a long time without fixing the light issues. BTW, I'm running ubuntu 14.10 with minetest 0.4.10 (from the software center) on this computer with a 2.7 gHz CPU and 3 gb ram.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

byronarn wrote:I have a world that I have put a lot of effort into. I have been trying out mods, and deleting them when I decide that it wasn't what i wanted. Now I have these ugly unknown blocks everywhere. I have seen a few suggestions on the minetest forums that worldEdit is able to remove all the unknown blocks in my world. I cannot figure out how to do so though. Can you help me by explaining how I would do so?
try PilzAdam's clean mod

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

aloomis

by aloomis » Post

Commit bb8456b71119ca6303b9e9706829a84dc7f81ab3 broke stack2 by deleting copy2. It also broke orient by switching from calling add_node to set_node, while defining a local copy of swap_node but not set_node.