[Mod] Nether [nether]

User avatar
12Me21
Member
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 00:36
Location: Earth

by 12Me21 » Thu May 02, 2013 18:55

Traxie21 wrote:What version of Minetest are you running?

0.4.6
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Don't ever save anything as a JPEG.
 

eduardo_cam14
New member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 21:04

by eduardo_cam14 » Thu May 02, 2013 22:45

sorry but i had the mod installed and when i use the mese cristal fragment nothing happens

sorry the english is no my normal lenguage im colombian
 

User avatar
12Me21
Member
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 00:36
Location: Earth

by 12Me21 » Fri May 03, 2013 00:35

eduardo_cam14 wrote:sorry but i had the mod installed and when i use the mese cristal fragment nothing happens

sorry the english is no my normal lenguage im colombian

same with me, I had to teleport down there to see what the nether was like, it's pretty cool
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Don't ever save anything as a JPEG.
 

User avatar
paramat
Developer
 
Posts: 3135
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 00:05
Location: UK
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Fri May 03, 2013 01:52

I look forward to trying this when i get to 0.4.6.
Excellent and simple idea to use the dungeons, lava and caverns already down there and just replace nodes.
 

User avatar
stcrafts
Member
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 07:45
Location: China

by stcrafts » Fri May 03, 2013 09:47

cool!
but I think create nether in the original map in the ground -1024 or more deep.
maybe can let player has interesting to dig hole find nether.







for my bad English :P
----------------------------------
Sorry for my bad English :I
----------------------------------
----------------------------------
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Fri May 03, 2013 10:19

stcrafts wrote:cool!
but I think create nether in the original map in the ground -1024 or more deep.
maybe can let player has interesting to dig hole find nether.

Ehm... Thats actually what Im doing (if I understand your right).
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:13

-3000 would be good. Or... .... ..... Maybe -30000 and let thew player reach the real bottom of the world. Or BOTH!
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

User avatar
Likwid H-Craft
Member
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 14:20
Location: Lost in Crypt

by Likwid H-Craft » Fri May 03, 2013 12:18

jojoa1997 wrote:-3000 would be good. Or... .... ..... Maybe -30000 and let thew player reach the real bottom of the world. Or BOTH!

I think it be -30000.5 since that what says on cood.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)
 

User avatar
12Me21
Member
 
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 00:36
Location: Earth

by 12Me21 » Fri May 03, 2013 15:05

Does netherrack burn forever, like in minecraft (I don't actually play minecraft, but I look at the minecraft wiki a lot.)
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Don't ever save anything as a JPEG.
 

User avatar
onpon4
Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 01:54

by onpon4 » Fri May 03, 2013 15:15

Hah, lawyers, that's hilarious! :D Thanks, sdzen!
 

User avatar
paramat
Developer
 
Posts: 3135
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 00:05
Location: UK
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Fri May 10, 2013 22:18

A quick suggestion for PilzAdam and those working on mapgen ...
Perhaps huge caverns, hundreds of metres tall, can be generated very deep in the world ... then this nether mod and others that work in a similar way can have caverns on a wider range of scales ... also generating realms is much easier when there's less stuff to remove.
Now using this mod, the hot dark red caves make an oppressive and sinister atmosphere ... i like it.
Would really like to see bigger caverns underground in standard mapgen.
Last edited by paramat on Fri May 10, 2013 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Fri May 10, 2013 22:22

paramat wrote:A quick suggestion for PilzAdam and those working on mapgen ...
Perhaps huge caverns, hundreds of metres tall, can be generated very deep in the world ... then this nether mod and others that work in a similar way can have caverns on a wider range of scales ... also generating realms is much easier when there's less stuff to remove.
Now using this mod, the hot dark red caves make an oppressive and sinister atmosphere ... i like it.
Would really like to see bigger caverns underground in standard mapgen.

Have you tried the indev mapgen? It has large caves.
 

User avatar
paramat
Developer
 
Posts: 3135
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 00:05
Location: UK
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Fri May 10, 2013 22:50

Ah cool thanks i've just updated to 0.4.6 and have explored the indev floatlands and mountains but not yet the caves ... i will do this soon.
 

User avatar
RealBadAngel
Member
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 16:30

by RealBadAngel » Sat May 11, 2013 00:46

PilzAdam wrote:
paramat wrote:A quick suggestion for PilzAdam and those working on mapgen ...
Perhaps huge caverns, hundreds of metres tall, can be generated very deep in the world ... then this nether mod and others that work in a similar way can have caverns on a wider range of scales ... also generating realms is much easier when there's less stuff to remove.
Now using this mod, the hot dark red caves make an oppressive and sinister atmosphere ... i like it.
Would really like to see bigger caverns underground in standard mapgen.

Have you tried the indev mapgen? It has large caves.



Large enough to cause claustrophobia. He meant LARGE for a biome. Your current nether is like teleport to lava lake.
Not to mention when i tried it i had to dig space around the portal.
It spawned in rocks...

/me runs away... im soooo locked
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Sat May 11, 2013 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
paramat
Developer
 
Posts: 3135
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 00:05
Location: UK
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Sun May 12, 2013 00:01

I found a 100m tall cavern in indev mapgen at -22500m, looked amazing with nether mod installed ... also found some small nether dungeons.
This method of using register ore to replace nodes is a powerful and very useful tool for excavating large spaces underground etc. i can see i will have fun with this.
 

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
Location: A forest in the midwest
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Sun May 12, 2013 00:19

Yes, register ore can do much more than just registering ores. :P
Back from the dead!
 

User avatar
onpon4
Member
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 01:54

by onpon4 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:57

ompldr is down at the moment (has been down for a couple days now), so the link for the lawyers mod is inaccessible right now.

More importantly, though: it looks like, for me at least, the lawyers mod is preventing Simple Mobs from spawning mobs normally. No sheep, sand monsters, etc.
 

User avatar
kobayashi
Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 19:09
Location: The lava

by kobayashi » Wed Jun 12, 2013 05:25

What about add special mobs in the nether
BY ME (KOBAYASHI) FOR YOU =)
 

kbobdc3
Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 21:23
Location: Delmar, Delaware

by kbobdc3 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:56

Wow! I built a portal and traveled to the nether! when I got there, I was in a 6x6 box. I placed a torch to get a better look, and the block I placed the torch on was gravel! Whole box caved in on me. I ended up having to fly up 6000 feet!!!!!!!
I'm not stupid, I'm weak minded
 

thedestroyer
New member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 13:43
 

george90867
Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 17:42

by george90867 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 13:27

does it work on 0.4.7?
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Sun Jul 28, 2013 13:34

george90867 wrote:does it work on 0.4.7?

Yes.

I also will release a new version for 0.4.8 that will be super fast by using the VoxelManipulator. You can already get it in the "voxelmanip" branch in the repo.
 

User avatar
Ikishida
Member
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 08:02
Location: (secret)

by Ikishida » Sat Aug 24, 2013 05:31

are you going to post nether mobs here?
When life hands you lemons,throw it back at life saying "I don't need your goddamn lemons!" =D
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Sat Aug 24, 2013 14:41

Ikishida wrote:are you going to post nether mobs here?

Maybe Im going to write a nether add-on for Simple Mobs, but I cant promise anything.
 

User avatar
Ikishida
Member
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 08:02
Location: (secret)

by Ikishida » Sun Aug 25, 2013 06:19

PilzAdam wrote:
Ikishida wrote:are you going to post nether mobs here?

Maybe Im going to write a nether add-on for Simple Mobs, but I cant promise anything.


LOL,k then hope you will though,i wanna use some for my map =D
When life hands you lemons,throw it back at life saying "I don't need your goddamn lemons!" =D
 

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Releases



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests