Page 3 of 13

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 18:55
by 12Me21
Traxie21 wrote:What version of Minetest are you running?

0.4.6

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 22:45
by eduardo_cam14
sorry but i had the mod installed and when i use the mese cristal fragment nothing happens

sorry the english is no my normal lenguage im colombian

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 00:35
by 12Me21
eduardo_cam14 wrote:sorry but i had the mod installed and when i use the mese cristal fragment nothing happens

sorry the english is no my normal lenguage im colombian

same with me, I had to teleport down there to see what the nether was like, it's pretty cool

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 01:52
by paramat
I look forward to trying this when i get to 0.4.6.
Excellent and simple idea to use the dungeons, lava and caverns already down there and just replace nodes.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 09:47
by stcrafts
cool!
but I think create nether in the original map in the ground -1024 or more deep.
maybe can let player has interesting to dig hole find nether.







for my bad English :P

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:19
by PilzAdam
stcrafts wrote:cool!
but I think create nether in the original map in the ground -1024 or more deep.
maybe can let player has interesting to dig hole find nether.

Ehm... Thats actually what Im doing (if I understand your right).

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:13
by jojoa1997
-3000 would be good. Or... .... ..... Maybe -30000 and let thew player reach the real bottom of the world. Or BOTH!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:18
by Likwid H-Craft
jojoa1997 wrote:-3000 would be good. Or... .... ..... Maybe -30000 and let thew player reach the real bottom of the world. Or BOTH!

I think it be -30000.5 since that what says on cood.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 15:05
by 12Me21
Does netherrack burn forever, like in minecraft (I don't actually play minecraft, but I look at the minecraft wiki a lot.)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 15:15
by onpon4
Hah, lawyers, that's hilarious! :D Thanks, sdzen!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 22:18
by paramat
A quick suggestion for PilzAdam and those working on mapgen ...
Perhaps huge caverns, hundreds of metres tall, can be generated very deep in the world ... then this nether mod and others that work in a similar way can have caverns on a wider range of scales ... also generating realms is much easier when there's less stuff to remove.
Now using this mod, the hot dark red caves make an oppressive and sinister atmosphere ... i like it.
Would really like to see bigger caverns underground in standard mapgen.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 22:22
by PilzAdam
paramat wrote:A quick suggestion for PilzAdam and those working on mapgen ...
Perhaps huge caverns, hundreds of metres tall, can be generated very deep in the world ... then this nether mod and others that work in a similar way can have caverns on a wider range of scales ... also generating realms is much easier when there's less stuff to remove.
Now using this mod, the hot dark red caves make an oppressive and sinister atmosphere ... i like it.
Would really like to see bigger caverns underground in standard mapgen.

Have you tried the indev mapgen? It has large caves.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 22:50
by paramat
Ah cool thanks i've just updated to 0.4.6 and have explored the indev floatlands and mountains but not yet the caves ... i will do this soon.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 00:46
by RealBadAngel
PilzAdam wrote:
paramat wrote:A quick suggestion for PilzAdam and those working on mapgen ...
Perhaps huge caverns, hundreds of metres tall, can be generated very deep in the world ... then this nether mod and others that work in a similar way can have caverns on a wider range of scales ... also generating realms is much easier when there's less stuff to remove.
Now using this mod, the hot dark red caves make an oppressive and sinister atmosphere ... i like it.
Would really like to see bigger caverns underground in standard mapgen.

Have you tried the indev mapgen? It has large caves.



Large enough to cause claustrophobia. He meant LARGE for a biome. Your current nether is like teleport to lava lake.
Not to mention when i tried it i had to dig space around the portal.
It spawned in rocks...

/me runs away... im soooo locked

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 00:01
by paramat
I found a 100m tall cavern in indev mapgen at -22500m, looked amazing with nether mod installed ... also found some small nether dungeons.
This method of using register ore to replace nodes is a powerful and very useful tool for excavating large spaces underground etc. i can see i will have fun with this.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 00:19
by Evergreen
Yes, register ore can do much more than just registering ores. :P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:57
by onpon4
ompldr is down at the moment (has been down for a couple days now), so the link for the lawyers mod is inaccessible right now.

More importantly, though: it looks like, for me at least, the lawyers mod is preventing Simple Mobs from spawning mobs normally. No sheep, sand monsters, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 05:25
by kobayashi
What about add special mobs in the nether

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:56
by kbobdc3
Wow! I built a portal and traveled to the nether! when I got there, I was in a 6x6 box. I placed a torch to get a better look, and the block I placed the torch on was gravel! Whole box caved in on me. I ended up having to fly up 6000 feet!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 14:22
by thedestroyer
mod works great thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 13:27
by george90867
does it work on 0.4.7?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 13:34
by PilzAdam
george90867 wrote:does it work on 0.4.7?

Yes.

I also will release a new version for 0.4.8 that will be super fast by using the VoxelManipulator. You can already get it in the "voxelmanip" branch in the repo.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 05:31
by Ikishida
are you going to post nether mobs here?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 14:41
by PilzAdam
Ikishida wrote:are you going to post nether mobs here?

Maybe Im going to write a nether add-on for Simple Mobs, but I cant promise anything.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 06:19
by Ikishida
PilzAdam wrote:
Ikishida wrote:are you going to post nether mobs here?

Maybe Im going to write a nether add-on for Simple Mobs, but I cant promise anything.


LOL,k then hope you will though,i wanna use some for my map =D