[Mod] Thaumtest [2.1] [thaumtest]

User avatar
scifiboi
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 21:28
Location: Arkansas, USA
Contact:

by scifiboi » Post

Yeah go for it. And if you could, fit that big square logo in there some how. lol I couldn't find a way to make it fit. haha
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
My mod: Thaumtest

User avatar
windmere33
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 19:21
Location: North Carolina, USA

by windmere33 » Post

Alright, here i go!
EDIT:Done, pmed you
Last edited by windmere33 on Wed May 08, 2013 01:59, edited 1 time in total.
Active Contributor To Thaumtest!

User avatar
scifiboi
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 21:28
Location: Arkansas, USA
Contact:

by scifiboi » Post

I've update the first post after a few tweaks to your design. Check it out and see if you like it.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
My mod: Thaumtest

User avatar
windmere33
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 19:21
Location: North Carolina, USA

by windmere33 » Post

Seems awesome!
Active Contributor To Thaumtest!

User avatar
scifiboi
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 21:28
Location: Arkansas, USA
Contact:

by scifiboi » Post

This image shows the latest content in Thaumtest. I can send you the link to it so you can start working on the textures if you want to, windmere.

Image

Also, do you have any ideas for a new ore that we can put in Thaumtest? I don't want it to be an EXACT replica of Thaumcraft. ;)
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
My mod: Thaumtest

User avatar
windmere33
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 19:21
Location: North Carolina, USA

by windmere33 » Post

haha yeah, please give me the textures, they look really interesting!
im thinking on cool things (ores) you could add to the game, but cant think of any yet.
Active Contributor To Thaumtest!

User avatar
scifiboi
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 21:28
Location: Arkansas, USA
Contact:

by scifiboi » Post

I've PM'd you the link to the download.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
My mod: Thaumtest

User avatar
windmere33
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 19:21
Location: North Carolina, USA

by windmere33 » Post

This is awesome! I'm working on these textures, while making my Christmas texture pack at the same time, so gimme some time to get some textures ^_^
Active Contributor To Thaumtest!

User avatar
scifiboi
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 21:28
Location: Arkansas, USA
Contact:

by scifiboi » Post

You coming along nicely with those textures? I haven't been able to work on the mod for a few days because my Linux box has been screwing up and not allowing me to run Minetest for some reason. It's fixed now, however, and I will continue to work on it.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
My mod: Thaumtest

User avatar
windmere33
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 19:21
Location: North Carolina, USA

by windmere33 » Post

Haha yeah, I'm searching for images on the web, etc. Gunna hopefully release more textures soon.
I'm on my dad's laptop right now, so I dont have anything. I should be back on my normal computer soon (less than a day)
Last edited by windmere33 on Sun May 12, 2013 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
Active Contributor To Thaumtest!

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

Hey, if you need custom nodeboxes, I can make some for you if you want. :D
Back from the dead!

User avatar
windmere33
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 19:21
Location: North Carolina, USA

by windmere33 » Post

Amber
Image

Amber Ore
Image

Working on more, can't find much else.
Active Contributor To Thaumtest!

User avatar
scifiboi
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 21:28
Location: Arkansas, USA
Contact:

by scifiboi » Post

Evergreen wrote:Hey, if you need custom nodeboxes, I can make some for you if you want. :D
That would be great! Actually, there are three that I could use at the moment. Could you make one that looks like the tables in Thaumcraft 3, one that looks like cauldrons from Vanilla MC (with the legs), and one for a double-block wide research table like Thaumcraft's.
windmere33 wrote:Amber
Image

Amber Ore
Image

Working on more, can't find much else.
Okay, I know you're trying to help, and I really appreciate that. But I don't want textures that have been ripped off of a texture pack or from Thaumcraft. Here are a few specifications that I want to be followed for any textures that are used from now on:
1. All textures are to be hand-made and not ripped from a texture pack or another mod.
2. All textures have to be 16x16
3. Any textures that use vanilla node textures as a background (ores) have to use vanilla Minetest textures to go along best with Vanilla Minetest.
4. Textures can be BASED off of textures from other packs or mods, but they cannot be ripped directly from the mod or pack itself.

Like I said, I know you're trying to help, but please try and follow these guidelines with the textures. I'm not trying to be mean to you and please don't take it that I'm trying to be mean, but I don't want to use the textures you have been giving me because they aren't original textures.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
My mod: Thaumtest

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
Posts: 3096
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Creating original textures for this mod can make it stand out more and give the Minetest community a better image. It can also be fun to create textures.

My idea for the custom ore would be some sort of mysterious material that is from a higher dimension. It's blocks could have the design in the image below on them.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh11 ... lifebw.jpg
It's crystals could look like small icosahedrons.
Last edited by Inocudom on Mon May 13, 2013 05:06, edited 1 time in total.
You can now find my videos at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/some_cheeky_jinuskian/

User avatar
windmere33
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 19:21
Location: North Carolina, USA

by windmere33 » Post

Alright, I'll try to make the textures from now on xDD
Active Contributor To Thaumtest!

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

If you need original textures, ask on the texture requests topic.
Back from the dead!

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

scifiboi wrote:
Evergreen wrote:Hey, if you need custom nodeboxes, I can make some for you if you want. :D
That would be great! Actually, there are three that I could use at the moment. Could you make one that looks like the tables in Thaumcraft 3, one that looks like cauldrons from Vanilla MC (with the legs), and one for a double-block wide research table like Thaumcraft's.
windmere33 wrote:Amber
Image

Amber Ore
Image

Working on more, can't find much else.
Okay, I know you're trying to help, and I really appreciate that. But I don't want textures that have been ripped off of a texture pack or from Thaumcraft. Here are a few specifications that I want to be followed for any textures that are used from now on:
1. All textures are to be hand-made and not ripped from a texture pack or another mod.
2. All textures have to be 16x16
3. Any textures that use vanilla node textures as a background (ores) have to use vanilla Minetest textures to go along best with Vanilla Minetest.
4. Textures can be BASED off of textures from other packs or mods, but they cannot be ripped directly from the mod or pack itself.

Like I said, I know you're trying to help, but please try and follow these guidelines with the textures. I'm not trying to be mean to you and please don't take it that I'm trying to be mean, but I don't want to use the textures you have been giving me because they aren't original textures.
You mind if I make the models a bit more unique then thaumcraft/minecraft's models? I hate ripping off of minecraft.
Back from the dead!

User avatar
scifiboi
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 21:28
Location: Arkansas, USA
Contact:

by scifiboi » Post

Inocudom wrote:Creating original textures for this mod can make it stand out more and give the Minetest community a better image. It can also be fun to create textures.

My idea for the custom ore would be some sort of mysterious material that is from a higher dimension. It's blocks could have the design in the image below on them.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh11 ... lifebw.jpg
It's crystals could look like small icosahedrons.
Yes it would! That's why I want original textures. I just can't draw. :P When you say "it's blocks", do you mean the ore? Also, I like the idea of the crystals being icosahedrons.
windmere33 wrote:Alright, I'll try to make the textures from now on xDD
Thank you! I appreciate it. But make sure that all your textures are 16x16.
Evergreen wrote:If you need original textures, ask on the texture requests topic.
I would, but Windmere is going to work on textures for me.
Evergreen wrote:
scifiboi wrote:
Evergreen wrote:Hey, if you need custom nodeboxes, I can make some for you if you want. :D
That would be great! Actually, there are three that I could use at the moment. Could you make one that looks like the tables in Thaumcraft 3, one that looks like cauldrons from Vanilla MC (with the legs), and one for a double-block wide research table like Thaumcraft's.
windmere33 wrote:Amber
Image

Amber Ore
Image

Working on more, can't find much else.
Okay, I know you're trying to help, and I really appreciate that. But I don't want textures that have been ripped off of a texture pack or from Thaumcraft. Here are a few specifications that I want to be followed for any textures that are used from now on:
1. All textures are to be hand-made and not ripped from a texture pack or another mod.
2. All textures have to be 16x16
3. Any textures that use vanilla node textures as a background (ores) have to use vanilla Minetest textures to go along best with Vanilla Minetest.
4. Textures can be BASED off of textures from other packs or mods, but they cannot be ripped directly from the mod or pack itself.

Like I said, I know you're trying to help, but please try and follow these guidelines with the textures. I'm not trying to be mean to you and please don't take it that I'm trying to be mean, but I don't want to use the textures you have been giving me because they aren't original textures.
You mind if I make the models a bit more unique then thaumcraft/minecraft's models? I hate ripping off of minecraft.
Oh, yeah, sure. Do whatever you think looks the best, and I'll look at them and see if I like them.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
My mod: Thaumtest

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
Posts: 3096
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Yes, I was referring to the blocks of the ore (crystals, to be more accurate.) The seed of life is a beautiful design, thus it looks good on the blocks of the type of crystal I suggested.
You can now find my videos at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/some_cheeky_jinuskian/

User avatar
scifiboi
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 21:28
Location: Arkansas, USA
Contact:

by scifiboi » Post

Alright, I'll start working on a texture for it when I get home using that as the design. I think we need a name for the new ore more than we need a textire for it at the moment, though.
Last edited by scifiboi on Mon May 13, 2013 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
My mod: Thaumtest

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
Posts: 3096
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I can think of a few names. They are:
Orgone
Ether
Ultimatrus
Hypermatter
You can now find my videos at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/some_cheeky_jinuskian/

User avatar
scifiboi
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 21:28
Location: Arkansas, USA
Contact:

by scifiboi » Post

I'm kind of leaning towards hypermatter. I'm thinking the ore should be black and sort of shiny. The crystal could be black with a white middle to give the illusion of a black transparent crystal with a glowing white core. I could make hypermatter blocks. If transparency works with nodeboxes, I can make it look as if the blocks have a white glowing core as well.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
My mod: Thaumtest

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

scifiboi wrote:I'm kind of leaning towards hypermatter. I'm thinking the ore should be black and sort of shiny. The crystal could be black with a white middle to give the illusion of a black transparent crystal with a glowing white core. I could make hypermatter blocks. If transparency works with nodeboxes, I can make it look as if the blocks have a white glowing core as well.
Yes, transparency does work. It requires a bit of code (which I can't remember at the moment). You could use that, + layering to get that effect.
Back from the dead!

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
Posts: 3096
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Hypermatter could be a very rare and very strong substance. It could be found at -1,000 and below.
You can now find my videos at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/some_cheeky_jinuskian/

User avatar
scifiboi
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 21:28
Location: Arkansas, USA
Contact:

by scifiboi » Post

Evergreen wrote:
scifiboi wrote:I'm kind of leaning towards hypermatter. I'm thinking the ore should be black and sort of shiny. The crystal could be black with a white middle to give the illusion of a black transparent crystal with a glowing white core. I could make hypermatter blocks. If transparency works with nodeboxes, I can make it look as if the blocks have a white glowing core as well.
Yes, transparency does work. It requires a bit of code (which I can't remember at the moment). You could use that, + layering to get that effect.
I'll search through the forums and see if I can't find anything.
Inocudom wrote:Hypermatter could be a very rare and very strong substance. It could be found at -1,000 and below.
That sounds great. Would it be found in clusters or as a single block? I'm working on a texture for it now. Will reply after while (or tomorrow) with it.

Also, does playing with this mod on a Windows machine make anybody's Minetest crash? I have been playing it on Linux, but I downloaded 0.4.6 on my school computer with Windows. About 5 minutes into playing with it, Minetest crashed.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
My mod: Thaumtest

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests