[Mod] Instant Buildings [V 5.0] [instabuild]

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

They are sand because it is pale and fits the design. To change you could use worldedit to make it into something else.
nikminers wrote:Awesome mod, only 1 prob, why are the mansion walls sand? how do I change this?
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

nikminers

by nikminers » Post

OK, ran into another bigger issue. The modern house won't finish rendering. The walls never appear, just the corners, doors, glass, wood, and decorative items.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

You may need to wait a while, it may be slow loading. Other than that, I can't help you.
nikminers wrote:OK, ran into another bigger issue. The modern house won't finish rendering. The walls never appear, just the corners, doors, glass, wood, and decorative items.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Added a protip to the first post, which will help avoid overlapping buildings.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Notice! Please update now. All versions up to version 4.0 were technically illegal. Please update.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Um where is the download?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Dan ragequit again and this time he tried to take all of his mods with him. This one was lost along with five others, but the rest were preserved. If you have a copy, please share it.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

VanessaE wrote:Dan ragequit again and this time he tried to take all of his mods with him. This one was lost along with five others, but the rest were preserved. If you have a copy, please share it.
It is not really surprising that he gave up again. The community has been rather empty for quite some time.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Inocudom wrote:
VanessaE wrote:Dan ragequit again and this time he tried to take all of his mods with him. This one was lost along with five others, but the rest were preserved. If you have a copy, please share it.
It is not really surprising that he gave up again. The community has been rather empty for quite some time.
I agree it has been quiet. Though you can tell who is here to stay i think.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

stu
GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Post

I have a copy, no idea what version it is but it's the one that's compatible with my npc mod.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fro ... abuild.zip

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

stu wrote:
I have a copy, no idea what version it is but it's the one that's compatible with my npc mod.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fro ... abuild.zip
Since Dan's 5.0 update was on or before 21/7 and your mod was uploaded on 28/9, it's a fair guess that you have the latest
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

roguelikesesp

by roguelikesesp » Post

Waith, ¿The code if this mod can't be used to make a mod that add "Villages" to the game? Yeah, wihout any villager but can be really good :3

Librarian

Re: [Mod] Instant Buildings [V 5.0] [instabuild]

by Librarian » Post

I need quality blocks specially wood .... and others mods to build a great house. Would you bring me the links to download ?

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Ethereal mod adds many new tree types and biomes for building with and the different wood types look pretty good on any build... Make a new v7 world and enable ethereal mod to start: https://github.com/tenplus1/ethereal

rpgsniper2452
GitHub: rpgsniper2452
IRC: rpgsniper2452
In-game: rpgsniper2452

by rpgsniper2452 » Post

Epic mod!

xisd

by xisd » Post

Thanks for this mod !
I use it with give_initial_stuff to provide a starting shelter

I had the need to be able to easily activate / deactivate one model or an other so I spliced the file in tree :
nodes.lua - contains the registered nodes
crafts.lua - contains an array with register craft instructions
init.lua - still has models list and loop but now the loop include minetest.registercraft
( if corresponding instruction exist in craft.lua array )

Its easier to do or see than explain, but the main thing is, now, commenting an element of the list completely deactivate and it can be reactivated as easily

EDIT : I uploaded it to github (couldn't make a fork since original rep does not exist anymore)
here is the link : https://github.com/xisd/instabuild

scottwolff
In-game: scottwolff or some variant of iasiney

by scottwolff » Post

Fun quick building mod.
Ah yes, gotta' up that craft to mese block before implementing it on my server, or have to do a lot of rollback for players that like to use it in the middle of their current building XD

Teen_Miner
GitHub: LapisWolf
IRC: LapisWolf
In-game: LapisWolf

by Teen_Miner » Post

Is this mod still being maintained? If not, is there a newer, updated mod that would be good alternative to this?
cdb_yuId0gpEgnYo

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Teen_Miner wrote: Is this mod still being maintained? If not, is there a newer, updated mod that would be good alternative to this?
Perhaps MT_Village_set might be of intrest to you. Those houses there can be placed with a single block. My handle_schematics mod can also spawn structures. There may be other, similar mods around as well. It depends on what exactly you're looking for (i.e. what you intend to do with the buildings).
A list of my mods can be found here.

Teen_Miner
GitHub: LapisWolf
IRC: LapisWolf
In-game: LapisWolf

by Teen_Miner » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 22:17
Teen_Miner wrote: Is this mod still being maintained? If not, is there a newer, updated mod that would be good alternative to this?
Perhaps MT_Village_set might be of intrest to you. Those houses there can be placed with a single block. My handle_schematics mod can also spawn structures. There may be other, similar mods around as well. It depends on what exactly you're looking for (i.e. what you intend to do with the buildings).
I've tried that mod before. I'm not into its style of spawning a box with super detailed textures and no floors. I preferred instabuild's method of structures made out of actual nodes. Are there any other mods that did what instabuild did?
cdb_yuId0gpEgnYo

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Teen_Miner wrote: I've tried that mod before. I'm not into its style of spawning a box with super detailed textures and no floors. I preferred instabuild's method of structures made out of actual nodes. Are there any other mods that did what instabuild did?
My handle_schematics mod and in particular citybuilder do that to some degree. It's not entirely what you want - you can spawn buildings with it if in creative mode (else you just get scafolding and have to provide the blocks yourself) - so far so good - but you can't remove the build_chest or build_sign yet. And citybuilder aimed at building a city/village with some infrastructure and upgrading buildings to higher levels later on.

Perhaps a...small starter house in a box...could help in some situations. It's not really difficult as such. handle_schematics just puts more effort in insofar as you can also remove the building again if it didn't fit there. And get it properly rotated.
A list of my mods can be found here.