[Mod] Mesecons (= redstone) [GitHub] [minetest-mod-mesecons]

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

Re: [Mod] Mesecons (= redstone) [GitHub] [minetest-mod-mesec

by Don » Post

addi88088 wrote:Okay... I'm slightly new to all of this, though I have gotten most of my mods to work. Until this one...
Problem I am having is when enabled, it won't fully load because of this:

22:19:04: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
22:19:04: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
22:19:04: ERROR[main]: /home/addi/.minetest/mods/Jeija-minetest-mod-mesecons-fec43a3/mesecons_torch/init.lua:
22:19:04: ERROR[main]: ...ja-minetest-mod-mesecons-fec43a3/mesecons_torch/init.lua:79: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'LIGHT_MAX' (a nil value)
22:19:04: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
22:19:04: ERROR[main]: ...ja-minetest-mod-mesecons-fec43a3/mesecons_torch/init.lua:79: in main chunk
22:19:04: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========

(Also don't mind the file name, I tried removing and re-applying the mod folder, and decided to leave the full title because I know it doesn't much matter as it's a modpack anyhow)

And when I go to the script and hit up line 79, it brings me to:

light_source = default.LIGHT_MAX-5,

So if it's a noobish mistake I apologize, but please inform me of how this can be fixed, thanks :$
A simple solution would be to change line 79 to
light_source = 10,

But the existing code should work. What version of minetest are you running?
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

addi88088

by addi88088 » Post

LionsDen wrote:The mod folder needs to be named mesecons. According to what I can see of you path, it should be:

/home/addi/.minetest/mods/mesecons/

I don't know if there is anything else wrong but I am using the latest mesecons with the latest minetest and am not having problems.
That's how it is, it's just that I left the folders original name as "Jeija-minetest-mod-mesecons-fec43a3" because since it's a mod pack, you don't necessarily have to change the folder name

As for Don, I'll give that a shot, and version 0.4.9

EDIT: alright, I gave it a shot, and it worked. I think... only because now its bringing up another error (different section, not torch anymore), for the same reason, the "LIGHT_MAX" so I think I'll just have to go through them and take it out all-round :S Thanks though!

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

I believe that the line should read

Code: Select all

light_source = LIGHT_MAX-5,
Unless I am mistaken this should fix it. I wonder though if you might have an out dated version of this mod.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

Don

by Don » Post

@addi88088 Minetest is on version 0.4.12. You should consider upgrading.
Many mods use features that require the latest version.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

srifqi
GitHub: srifqi
IRC: srifqi
In-game: srifqi

by srifqi » Post

addi88088 wrote:Okay... I'm slightly new to all of this, though I have gotten most of my mods to work. Until this one...
Problem I am having is when enabled, it won't fully load because of this:
--debug log--

(Also don't mind the file name, I tried removing and re-applying the mod folder, and decided to leave the full title because I know it doesn't much matter as it's a modpack anyhow)

And when I go to the script and hit up line 79, it brings me to:

light_source = default.LIGHT_MAX-5,

So if it's a noobish mistake I apologize, but please inform me of how this can be fixed, thanks :$
Have you use the lastest Minetest (0.4.12)? Have you use the Mesecon master git version?
Seems like there should be a dependencies to default mod.
Saya dari Indonesia! · Terjemahkan Minetest! · my mods · My nickname in IPA: /es.rif.qi/

addi88088

by addi88088 » Post

Alright, soo... I got this mod working, and the only other mod that I had a problem with was home decor. I then updated to version 0.4.12 as advised (through ppa, because I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr)) and it then waved out a different error. This time it was the 'override_item', though to fix I removed the bracket after item, placed an equal sign, and removed the concluding bracket. Which seemed to work. If this is a bad idea, and anyone else has a better fix, I'm willing to learn lol. I just started messing around with mods yesterday so yes, I'm a bit of a noob at the moment, that's going through trial and error, thank you terminal. x) Thanks for the help though! Everyone! Seems to be a cooperative, easy to get along with, atmosphere! I like it :D

EDIT: by the way.. To fix, I ended up getting rid of the 'default.LIGHT_MAX' completely, as I have back-up's, if anything were to go wrong. So ill make a quick note of the removal of just the 'default.' just in case I come across any problems from removing the section I had removed.

Don

by Don » Post

Glad you got it working. Mesecons is one of the must haves for single player.
Most people on the forum are great. Anytime you have an issue just ask.

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

addi88088 wrote:EDIT: by the way.. To fix, I ended up getting rid of the 'default.LIGHT_MAX' completely, as I have back-up's, if anything were to go wrong. So ill make a quick note of the removal of just the 'default.' just in case I come across any problems from removing the section I had removed.
instead of removing it you could also add a mod, write the mods which use the 'default.LIGHT_MAX' as optional dependency into the depends.txt file of the mod and write 'default.LIGHT_MAX = default.LIGHT_MAX or 14' into init.lua

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

SlowMo24
GitHub: SlowMo24

by SlowMo24 » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:SloMo24: I dont think that you can, it would have to be placed manually to work properly...
this motivated me :-) and I found a way that works for my needs, but it is very dirty and stupid if you don't especially need it:

minetest.register_abm({
	nodenames = {"mesecons_pressureplates:pressure_plate_stone_off"},
	interval = 1.0,
	chance = 1,
	action = function(pos, node, active_object_count, active_object_count_wider)
		minetest.get_node_timer(pos):start(mesecon.setting("pplate_interval", 0.1))
	end,
})

GFX_Garage
GitHub: GraphicsGarage
In-game: GFX

by GFX_Garage » Post

The node detector isn't working for me. I put the name in "default:dirt" and put a dirt block beside it and nothing. The player detector works just fine. I deleted the folder, re-downloaded and installed with the same result. It's happening in Windows and Linux. Am I doing something wrong?

Here are the mods I have installed:
3D Armor
Beds
Hud
Item Drop
Memorandum
Mesecons (of course)
More Blocks
More Ores
Pipeworks
Technic
Throwing
Unified Inventory
Wardrobe
World Edit

(EDIT) Here's a video, in case I'm making a mistake or something.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/e9p ... e.flv?dl=0

This is happening in Windows 7 Home Premium 64 and Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 64.

(EDIT)
I did a clean install of minetest 0.4.12 and mesecons alone and it didn't work. The player detector worked but not the node detector. I did it with 4.11 and 4.12, in the 32 and 64 bit releases, in the mingw and msvc releases with the same result.

There doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary in the dump.

-------------
  Separator  
-------------

Irrlicht log: Irrlicht Engine version 1.8.1
Irrlicht log: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Irrlicht log: Using renderer: OpenGL 4.4.13084
Irrlicht log: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series: ATI Technologies Inc.
Irrlicht log: OpenGL driver version is 1.2 or better.
Irrlicht log: GLSL version: 4.4
Irrlicht log: Resizing window (800 600)
[OK] Mesecons
19:58:12: ACTION[main]:         .__               __                   __   
19:58:12: ACTION[main]:   _____ |__| ____   _____/  |_  ____   _______/  |_ 
19:58:12: ACTION[main]:  /     \|  |/    \_/ __ \   __\/ __ \ /  ___/\   __\
19:58:12: ACTION[main]: |  Y Y  \  |   |  \  ___/|  | \  ___/ \___ \  |  |  
19:58:12: ACTION[main]: |__|_|  /__|___|  /\___  >__|  \___  >____  > |__|  
19:58:12: ACTION[main]:       \/        \/     \/          \/     \/        
19:58:12: ACTION[main]: World at [C:\Program Files\minetest-0.4.12\bin\..\worlds\test]
19:58:12: ACTION[main]: Server for gameid="minetest" listening on 0.0.0.0:50459.
19:58:29: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer [127.0.0.1] joins game. 
19:58:29: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer joins game. List of players: singleplayer
Irrlicht log: Could not open file of texture: character.png
19:59:05: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer takes "mesecons_detector:node_detector_off" from creative inventory
19:59:07: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer takes "mesecons_detector:object_detector_off" from creative inventory
19:59:25: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer takes "default:stone" from creative inventory
19:59:29: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node mesecons_detector:node_detector_off at (31,3,-76)
19:59:29: ACTION[ServerThread]: facedir: 3
19:59:29: ACTION[ServerThread]: real (6d) facedir: 3
19:59:47: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (31,3,-77)
19:59:51: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node mesecons_detector:object_detector_off at (31,3,-73)
20:01:06: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:stone at (31,3,-77)
20:01:07: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (32,2,-76)
20:01:07: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (31,2,-76)
20:01:09: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (31,2,-76)
20:01:11: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (31,3,-77)
20:01:12: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (31,4,-77)
20:01:13: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (31,4,-76)
20:01:14: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (31,4,-75)
20:01:15: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (31,3,-75)
20:01:17: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (32,2,-77)
20:01:17: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (31,2,-77)
20:01:18: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (31,2,-77)
20:01:19: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (32,2,-75)
20:01:19: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (31,2,-75)
20:01:20: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (31,2,-75)
20:01:22: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (30,2,-77)
20:01:23: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (30,2,-76)
20:01:23: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (30,2,-75)
20:01:24: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (30,2,-75)
20:01:25: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (30,3,-75)
20:01:26: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (30,4,-75)
20:01:26: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (30,4,-76)
20:01:27: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (30,4,-77)
20:01:27: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (30,3,-77)
20:01:28: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (30,3,-76)
20:01:29: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (29,2,-75)
20:01:30: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (29,2,-76)
20:01:30: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (29,2,-77)
20:01:31: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (30,2,-77)
20:01:31: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer places node default:stone at (30,2,-76)
20:01:33: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (29,2,-78)
20:01:33: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (30,2,-78)
20:01:34: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (31,2,-78)
20:01:34: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (32,2,-78)
20:01:37: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (32,2,-74)
20:01:37: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (31,2,-74)
20:01:37: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (30,2,-74)
20:01:38: ACTION[ServerThread]: singleplayer digs default:dirt_with_grass at (29,2,-74)
"Well it is an ambiguous enterprise, and fraught with contradiction, but forward, ever forward" ~ Terence McKenna

https://www.youtube.com/user/GraphicsGarage/featured

http://torywright.deviantart.com/

JoshMars
In-game: rubber UbuntuJosh

by JoshMars » Post

It would be awesome if the player detector could handle more than one player's name in the search

programmingchicken
GitHub: pchicken
IRC: chicken pchicken

by programmingchicken » Post

GFX_Garage wrote:The node detector isn't working for me. I put the name in "default:dirt" and put a dirt block beside it and nothing.
Is the node detector FACING the block?
And it outputs mesecon signals, if you are wondering.
<gamerdude> I apologize for the above content

GFX_Garage

by GFX_Garage » Post

Ok so the node detector only detects nodes placed in the coordinate directly in front of it? Is there a way to give it a radius like the player detector? I can't find this information online.
"Well it is an ambiguous enterprise, and fraught with contradiction, but forward, ever forward" ~ Terence McKenna

bbaez

by bbaez » Post

I too got the LIGHT_MAX error using the latest mesecons from github and Minetest Server 0.4.12 using Neuromancer world. I initially updated mesecons to support the latest pipeworks, then starting getting the LIGHT_MAX error.

Tried removing default.LIGHT_MAX but then got the same error in mesecons_button, then mesecons_powerplant.

What is the elegant way of resolving this?

Thanks!

06:27:12: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
06:27:12: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
06:27:12: ERROR[main]: /home/aa0001/minetest/minetest-0.4.12-neuromancer/bin/../mods/mesecons/mesecons_torch/init.lua:
06:27:12: ERROR[main]: ...neuromancer/bin/../mods/mesecons/mesecons_torch/init.lua:79: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'LIGHT_MAX' (a nil value)
06:27:12: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
06:27:12: ERROR[main]:  ...neuromancer/bin/../mods/mesecons/mesecons_torch/init.lua:79: in main chunk
06:27:12: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
06:27:12: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/aa0001/minetest/minetest-0.4.12-neuromancer/bin/../mods/mesecons/mesecons_torch/init.lua
06:27:12: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/aa0001/minetest/minetest-0.4.12-neuromancer/bin/../mods/mesecons/mesecons_torch/init.lua

bbaez

by bbaez » Post

Quick update, looks light LIGHT_MAX is set in minetest_game/mods/default/legacy.lua. I tried copying the default mod into Neuromancer mod, but got a nil error. Going to try to be surgical later today.

programmingchicken
GitHub: pchicken
IRC: chicken pchicken

by programmingchicken » Post

GFX, sorry.
Only if the opening is facing the block.
The radius part would be complicated to the max, and so Jeija didn't add it in.
Ask a coder nicely to whip something up for you in the modding discussion subforums?
(i could make something if i knew how to make modified mesecons mods)
<gamerdude> I apologize for the above content

bbaez

by bbaez » Post

I took Hybrid Dog's suggestion and created a mod with

default.LIGHT_MAX = default.LIGHT_MAX or 14

in init.lua but get the following:

09:10:13: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
09:10:13: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
09:10:13: ERROR[main]: /home/aa0001/minetest/minetest-0.4.12-neuromancer/bin/../mods/default/init.lua:
09:10:13: ERROR[main]: ...minetest-0.4.12-neuromancer/bin/../mods/default/init.lua:1: attempt to index global 'default' (a nil value)
09:10:13: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
09:10:13: ERROR[main]:  ...minetest-0.4.12-neuromancer/bin/../mods/default/init.lua:1: in main chunk
09:10:13: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
09:10:13: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/aa0001/minetest/minetest-0.4.12-neuromancer/bin/../mods/default/init.lua
09:10:13: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/aa0001/minetest/minetest-0.4.12-neuromancer/bin/../mods/default/init.lua
Using defaults mod from minetest_game was not going anywhere since with default = {} was erasing all the other defaults.

Any suggestions?

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

this looks like the error happens in the default mod

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

bbaez

by bbaez » Post

Yes, but I only created the default mod to resolve the LIGHT_MAX nil value issue. I was trying your suggestion from Fri May 29, 2015 00:07.

Trying to resolve this:

06:27:12: ERROR[main]: ...neuromancer/bin/../mods/mesecons/mesecons_torch/init.lua:79: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'LIGHT_MAX' (a nil value)

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

bbaez wrote:Yes, but I only created the default mod to resolve the LIGHT_MAX nil value issue. I was trying your suggestion from Fri May 29, 2015 00:07.
if you call the mod "default", the other "default" isn't loaded l think
you could also add 'default.LIGHT_MAX = default.LIGHT_MAX or 14' somewhere in the mesecons mod
bbaez wrote:00:07
l wrote that at 10:07, not at night.
ls your time zone UTC-8?

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

bbaez

by bbaez » Post

Thank you! I took the 0.4.12 minetest_game default mod folder and placed replaced the old one in the Neuromancer Game mods directory. The new minetest_game default mod folder basically has the line you were saying to add.

GFX_Garage

by GFX_Garage » Post

@programmingchicken:

Thanks for the response. I may have to do some rethinking.

amadin

by amadin » Post

Can anybody help me - force to work mod "carts" (modified by lag01 https://github.com/AndrejIT/carts) with mesecons (for exampe, now with the switch players can't push the cart). lag01 can't help me.

SAMIAMNOT
In-game: notanewbie

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

AMAZING mod. Love how it follows all the rules of Minecraft Redstone. I got a Minecraft book on Redstone and use that to study your blocks. ;)
Two request though:
1) Bug fixes: Several items, including Redstone Torches, Power Plants and Buttons refuse to load, at least in Minetest 0.4.11
2) Dispensers from the More Mesecons mods. http://forum.minetest.net/t=7837

EDIT: I have the Light Max error too. Will the OP please fix this? Also, sorry for the dead link; HERE is the mod: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=7837
I test mines.

JoshMars
In-game: rubber UbuntuJosh

by JoshMars » Post

If two conditions were true the capabilities would expand immensely for player detectors:
1. Detectors locked (currently any player can edit them)
2. Detectors handle multiple player names

Then I could make SECURE doors with pistons ...