[Mod] Mesecons (= redstone) [GitHub] [minetest-mod-mesecons]

ratmix
In-game: ratmix

Re: [Mod] Mesecons (= redstone) [GitHub] [minetest-mod-mesec

by ratmix » Post

blackjack wrote:We did it like in 'Mad Max - Beyond Thunderdome"
< Two men enter, one man leave > :D
Thank you for the ideas. Any thoughts about how to keep the winner from sitting in the PvP arena and forcing others to wait?
King of the Hill :: Modern Warfare Server RATMIX.COM:30000 | King of the Hill Community Site

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

bosapara wrote:
DS-minetest wrote:Also how did you make the music, did you write it in code?
Yes, any sound was decoded as an example note "c" of 1th octave = "a", "c#" = "b" and etc
Took it long to write the music and make it nice? Could you post one music table(I guess)?
(I have made my code, so, that there are sounds from "1"-"24" and extra sounds like "wood".)
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

DS-minetest wrote:
bosapara wrote:
DS-minetest wrote:Also how did you make the music, did you write it in code?
Yes, any sound was decoded as an example note "c" of 1th octave = "a", "c#" = "b" and etc
Took it long to write the music and make it nice? Could you post one music table(I guess)?
(I have made my code, so, that there are sounds from "1"-"24" and extra sounds like "wood".)
Im musician, so decoding for me is simple.

An example "Mission impossible":
"h","","h","","k","A","h","","h","","f","g","h","","h","","k","A","h","","h","","f","g","K","H","C",
"","","K","H","B","","","K","H","A","","","k","A","","","k","h","H","","","k","h","G","","","k","h",
"F","","","E","D","","hH","","hH","","kK","A","hH","","hH","","fF","gG","Hh"

here the track https://youtu.be/EZDCdbw9WDQ?t=1m15s

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Mesecons password room with sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DvBq7ES3RA

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Minetest Mesecons Game - Rock Paper Scissors building for 2 players

Thanx for code to "Cornernote"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP5zkWZWeh0

ulla
GitHub: IIIullaIII
IRC: ulla
In-game: ulla

by ulla » Post

Hello, i would need to know the range of action of @nearest in the commandblock
And if you can set it from the command line, example: / teleport @nearest [r = 5] X Y Z?

Thanks in advance
X4cna2d4UqsiawIzUumDgPoYNx3JLGII

ulla
GitHub: IIIullaIII
IRC: ulla
In-game: ulla

by ulla » Post

ulla wrote:Hello, i would need to know the range of action of @nearest in the commandblock
And if you can set it from the command line, example: / teleport @nearest [r = 5] X Y Z?

Thanks in advance
AND
I need to sum up, 2 digiline event.msg
example :

Code: Select all

if event.channel=="s" then
somma = event.msg 
if event.channel=="d" then
sommb = event.msg
 interrupt(0.5,"w")
end
end  
if event.idd=="w" then
lupo= somma + sommb
digiline_send ("acd",lupo)
end
i need for sum up 5 channel event.msg of digiline
X4cna2d4UqsiawIzUumDgPoYNx3JLGII

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Wrong thread title

by Wuzzy » Post

This is now a modpack, please fix the thread title (Replace “[Mod]” with “[Modpack]”).

Desour
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

Heh, it's already a modpack for a long time. Another mistake: since it was moved to minetest-mods organization it is called "mesecons" now and not "minetest-mod-mesecons" anymore.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Grandolf
GitHub: Grandolf
IRC: Grandolf
In-game: Grandolf

by Grandolf » Post

plz add a setting to turn off crafting recipies!
My server, Metropolis viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19191

depassages

by depassages » Post

Hi,

I have an error when activating a switch (screenshot), I don't know if it's from mesecon or pipeworks. I run the git version of minetest and bth mods.

Code: Select all

2017-09-04 17:23:51: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'mesecons' in callback environment_Step(): /home/seb/.minetest/mods/pipeworks/wielder.lua:27: attempt to call global 'nodeupdate' (a nil value)
2017-09-04 17:23:51: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2017-09-04 17:23:51: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/seb/.minetest/mods/pipeworks/wielder.lua:27: in function 'wielder_on'
2017-09-04 17:23:51: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/seb/.minetest/mods/pipeworks/wielder.lua:178: in function 'action_on'
2017-09-04 17:23:51: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/seb/.minetest/mods/mesecons/mesecons/internal.lua:190: in function </home/seb/.minetest/mods/mesecons/mesecons/internal.lua:183>
2017-09-04 17:23:51: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/seb/.minetest/mods/mesecons/mesecons/actionqueue.lua:93: in function 'execute'
2017-09-04 17:23:51: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/seb/.minetest/mods/mesecons/mesecons/actionqueue.lua:84: in function </home/seb/.minetest/mods/mesecons/mesecons/actionqueue.lua:61>
2017-09-04 17:23:51: ERROR[Main]: 	/usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:412: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:392>
Attachments
screenshot_20170904_172630.png
screenshot_20170904_172630.png (550.16 KiB) Viewed 1085 times

Desour

by Desour » Post

@depassages: It's pipworks, the PR is already opened: #200

choco
In-game: choco

by choco » Post

mesecons is a great mod

ThomasMonroe
GitHub: ThomasMonroe314
IRC: ThomasMonroe TMcSquared
In-game: ThomasMonroe TMcSquared

by ThomasMonroe » Post

Ok guys i have a bit of an idea, it might sound a bit weird, but hear, er read me out.

Ok i like making pure mesecons contraptions, meaning i dont like using lua controllers.
i have run into some problems with setups that need double pistons, ie hidden staircases.
I was wondering if adding an adjustable piston(one that can push a specified number of nodes out from its base) would be something able to be added.

Also i have noticed a peculiar mechanic for redstone that may be really, really usefull for mesecons
example:
G = wire or delayer
X = wool block, piston, or something related to redstone
O = empty

OOOOO
GGGXO
OOOGO
OOOGO

the signal would curve around this setup, and activate the piston too
would this be possible to implement?, it would make life a little easier XD
I don't make messes, I just, er...disturb the local entropy!

Desour

by Desour » Post

ThomasMonroe wrote:Ok i like making pure mesecons contraptions, meaning i dont like using lua controllers.
i have run into some problems with setups that need double pistons, ie hidden staircases.
I was wondering if adding an adjustable piston(one that can push a specified number of nodes out from its base) would be something able to be added.
Adjustable pistons would be possible but shouldn't be added by mesecons modpack by itself imo. Maybe it would suit into moremesecons pack.
ThomasMonroe wrote:Also i have noticed a peculiar mechanic for redstone that may be really, really usefull for mesecons
example:
G = wire or delayer
X = wool block, piston, or something related to redstone
O = empty

OOOOO
GGGXO
OOOGO
OOOGO

the signal would curve around this setup, and activate the piston too
would this be possible to implement?, it would make life a little easier XD
It would only work with straight redstone, right? So, making eg. the piston also to a conductor wouldn't make sense.
But some special wire could perhaps be added, that has some special rules.

ThomasMonroe
GitHub: ThomasMonroe314
IRC: ThomasMonroe TMcSquared
In-game: ThomasMonroe TMcSquared

by ThomasMonroe » Post

no, the piston doesnt conduct itself, but the signal curves around it, ie going diagonal but only if there are certain blocks in the spot where the piston is, wool for example
I don't make messes, I just, er...disturb the local entropy!

D0PIK
In-game: dopik

by D0PIK » Post

Found a server crashing bug with mesecons. Already opened an issue on https://github.com/minetest-mods/mesecons/issues/404.
Just want to get some more attention to this, as I haven't read to much into mesecons and hope that somebody with better coding skills can figure this out.

christoferlevich
GitHub: ChristoferL

by christoferlevich » Post

Im running a server for a school, but command blocks don't work unless the user that placed them is logged in? Is this a bug or intentional? Can it be 'always on'?
everything can be a learning experience...

hajo

by hajo » Post

christoferlevich wrote:command blocks don't work unless the user that placed them is logged in
The commandblocks on Birgit's techworld have been working fine when she wasn't logged on.
Have you tried with commandblocks placed by the admin ?

DoogMitt
IRC: Doog

by DoogMitt » Post

I've come up with an interesting node variation which facilitates the 6 cardinal points connection wise. This does not change or modify the functionality of any other nodes, and does nothing more than add 37 lines to the mesecons_extrawires/mesewire.lua file with three 16x16 texture files added. As you'll see in the images, for aesthetic reasons I re-coloured the on state variant of the mese block while adding the on and off variant of connector block.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PqAAiN ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IZWr2G ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ln2f22 ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12T7qBF ... sp=sharing

Am very slow at wrangling the git process for submitting code. Will see what happens.

*edit - Pull request is up. I'm sure I'll get better at that with practice. Wow. Oh, and in the lower left corner of the pictures linked above, the three by three pattern, is of course the recipe.

*last edit - Some of the coders have seen what was offered. Sorry about all the random fluff (you know who you are). I've removed my hands from the pie. We'll see what happens. Thank you all for putting up with me. I feel very sorry for you. Lol! Woohoo!! <3

Oh, before I go, someone at the pull and greet suggested making the block look a bit more like a connection of sorts. I'm guessing that's to avoid the "just another fancy block" thing? That sounded like a pretty good idea, so here's a screenshot of a portion of the control room I've recently built showing the hydro generators and the upper entry (spoiler alert, ghost stone obscures the doorway when de-activated, sneaky sneaky :).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IN7j03 ... sp=sharing

And here's an image from the floor of the main chamber. The build of what goes within has yet to have begun. And again show casing the connections embedded in the walls. Sporting the new connect like look.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ndK7va ... sp=sharing

There was even a mention of a concrete block looking 6 point connection. What if there was a way to standardize an overlay so that the end user can decide which construction material they want to make into a mese connecting material? The 6 point version seems to be quite cpu friendly and this would open up a whole new area for people to explore and build on. Well, that's enough "what if"'s to choke a whole... you get the picture. Have fun! Keep dreaming! Don't be a Doog. He's a pain.

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

I've been working on a mod that adds some new wires:
The wires connect in 6 directions and there are tools for adding/removing insulation to placed wires, as well as changing the shape of insulated wires.
I'm almost done adding a system that lets you change the color of insulated wires using palettes (hopefully it's not too slow with all the overlay textures)

TheCaretaker
In-game: TheCaretaker

by TheCaretaker » Post

What blocks/nodes do not stick to sticky blocks in the newest version of Minetest of the Mesecon Mod?

Desour

by Desour » Post

TheCaretaker wrote:What blocks/nodes do not stick to sticky blocks in the newest version of Minetest of the Mesecon Mod?
This feature doesn't exist yet. But it would be useful, you could make an issue on github to request it.

NetYard5
GitHub: FI3Mate
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo

by NetYard5 » Post

How does "Mesecon detector" works? detect nodes following its range? can anyone teach me how to make this block activate ( With the middle icon turn into green like player detector )

Desour

by Desour » Post

NetYard5 wrote:How does "Mesecon detector" works? detect nodes following its range? can anyone teach me how to make this block activate ( With the middle icon turn into green like player detector )
There is no "Mesecon detector". I guess you mean the node detector.
It will turn green and on and emit a signal if there's a node in the direction of the green lamp and <distance> nodes far away (eg. 0 for directly in front of it). "Name of node to scan for (empty for any)" should be self explaining, but don't enter the description, enter something like "default:dirt".