bgsmithjr

by bgsmithjr » Post

I think i was using jan 22

celeron55
Administrator
GitHub: celeron55
IRC: celeron55

by celeron55 » Post

You can, in fact, register some aliases for common things, like the main game registers "door" for "door:door_wood", just for handyness. But don't overdo it. Aliases affect performance too, to some extent, because all deserialization of things takes them into account.

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

I placed transceiver and receiver on glass block but receiver don't receive signal. Transceiver flashing when I pressing the button. What I doing wrong? Is there any limit of range or something. Few days ago everything works fine.

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

Ragnarok wrote:I placed transceiver and receiver on glass block but receiver don't receive signal. Transceiver flashing when I pressing the button. What I doing wrong? Is there any limit of range or something. Few days ago everything works fine.
If I'm not mistaken wireless mesecons are still under development and you may want to wait for a stable release before using them.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.

Jeija

by Jeija » Post

Wirless Receivers/Transmitters/Inverters were stable but are currently broken.
Last edited by Jeija on Wed Apr 04, 2012 05:55, edited 1 time in total.
Redstone for minetest: Mesecons (mesecons.net)

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Q. Are the Notblocks done?

Jeija

by Jeija » Post

Not yet, I'm sorry. But i'll certainly do them.

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

I was wondering, I did give you the sounds.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nmq72459osc3u8u

Jeija

by Jeija » Post

I know. Don't panic, I'm starting right now.

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Kthxbai.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Awesome, will test.

Jeija

by Jeija » Post

Noteblocks done and on github.
Note can be changed by clicking the block & the block below.

Sounds:
Block Below: Sound:
Glass Hihat
Stone Kick
Chest (unlocked) Snare
Tree Crash
Wood Higher Crash
Any other block Piano

Only the Piano's sound can be modified by punching the block.
See the sound files in the sounds directory.
Use the mesecon delayer for music creation (breaks).

CONTEST
-----------
The best noteblock song within the next week will be published on jordan4ibanez' YouTube channel!
Last edited by Jeija on Fri Apr 06, 2012 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Sweet time to make tetris and make a redstone version of it.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Lol
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Pros of Noteblocks:

Good for music, juke boxes etc...

Cons:

Sometimes laggs so note don't play right,

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

please release 0.6 with fixed delay switch position & when noteblock is punched it sounds the last note instead of current
Last edited by jordan4ibanez on Sat Apr 07, 2012 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

jordan4ibanez wrote:please release 0.6 with fixed delay switch position & when noteblock is punched it sounds the last note instead of current
on git it says 0.9. and this is a bug.

Jeija

by Jeija » Post

jordan4ibanez wrote:please release 0.6 with fixed delay switch position & when noteblock is punched it sounds the last note instead of current
Makes no sense to me... Is it like that in minecraft?
EDIT: You're right, will be fixed.
on git it says 0.9. and this is a bug.
Read commit on GitHub. There won't be 0.6 0.7 and 0.8 because this mod should be in a stable status, which means 1.0 release. 0.9 Stable will be released next Wednesday.
Please report bugs and try the GitHub, bugs that have not been reported, cannot be fixed for the stable!
Last edited by Jeija on Sun Apr 08, 2012 07:28, edited 1 time in total.

Stef

by Stef » Post

make a redstone repeater pleas
Sorry for my crappy english, im dutch :D

Jeija

by Jeija » Post

There is something like a redstone repeater. But as there is no need to repeat the signal, it is called mesecon delayer. Mind it is in an experimental state.

Stef

by Stef » Post

thanx
Sorry for my crappy english, im dutch :D

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Jeija:

I have some recommendations for your mesecons mod (I'm using 0.9).

First, a terminology issue. To me at least, the word "socket" strongly suggests a data output or mains outlet, while "plug" suggests the counterpart on a receiving or powered device (printer, lamp, etc). I suspect this is the case for most locales where English is the primary language. The in-game objects act in an opposite manner, which is confusing. I'd like to suggest that they be renamed in your mod (it might be a good idea to include a server command that will convert existing objects in the current world to match).

After such renaming, a diode would be constructed as:

[...upstream]----[socket] (air) [plug]----[downstream...]

A NOT gate would then be:

[...upstream]----[socket] (air) [inverted plug]----[downstream...]

(current flows logically left to right, of course)

If that won't work, then maybe alter the relevent textures instead. The way they're drawn now, they look like arrows pointing toward or away from a central receiver or transmitter (respectively), which looks confusing when you consider the current directions in the adjoining mesecons wires. If you look at [url=http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=19702#p19702"]my texture pack[/url], you'll see where I've drawn these with arrows to indicate current direction, with the central object acting like a transitter/receiver.

Different issue: whenever any object (switch, delay-line, etc.) that can connect to a mesecon wire is placed next to one, the wire should automatically rotate, bend, or form a T-junction or crossing as needed, so that the wires turn to connect to those objects. New users will be confused if the wires don't (appear to) connect.

Next: Wall buttons look wrong in the inventory (just a small, black object) and in hand (highly skewed/bad perspective).

Last but not least: I would like to suggest changes to the way some wired devices are drawn. First, redraw delay lines, sockets, plugs, and inverters (and other similar objects) so that they're a bit smaller and centered on the image canvas, but without any dangling wire stubs, matching the style with which wall levers and wall buttons are drawn. Then, add eight new partial images of mesecons wires, which would be of the four cardinal directions, in each of the two power states. Each would be drawn from the center of the canvas to an edge. Then you would just composite these objects onto as many partial wires as needed to connect to their surroundings. I'm not sure how you'd handle mese torches and lamps under this scheme, since they're rendered differently.

I'll be happy to update my texture pack to accommodate these changes. I'd code these things myself, but I don't know the LUA language. Imagery is my focus. :-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Jeija

by Jeija » Post

1) Sockets/Plugs...
Renaming and aliasing would not work. This would break compatibility. Although this is a good suggestion, I can't do it, sorry. Anyway, this is Temperest's part (and is not supported by me). Maybe he knows how to deal with that.
2) Mesecons connect to objects:
I would love to do that, but it is not possible to do that only with lua. If any minetest spin (like minetest++) uses mesecons, I could do this.
3) Different textures: Just need textures for this. As your tp is 64px, I can't use it.
If you can provide good 16px textures, I'd love to use them.

Thx for your proposals! 3) and 2) will be done earlier or later
1) is temperest's decision.

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

VanessaE wrote:Jeija:

I have some recommendations for your mesecons mod (I'm using 0.9).

First, a terminology issue. To me at least, the word "socket" strongly suggests a data output or mains outlet, while "plug" suggests the counterpart on a receiving or powered device (printer, lamp, etc). I suspect this is the case for most locales where English is the primary language. The in-game objects act in an opposite manner, which is confusing. I'd like to suggest that they be renamed in your mod (it might be a good idea to include a server command that will convert existing objects in the current world to match).

After such renaming, a diode would be constructed as:

[...upstream]----[socket] (air) [plug]----[downstream...]

A NOT gate would then be:

[...upstream]----[socket] (air) [inverted plug]----[downstream...]

(current flows logically left to right, of course)

If that won't work, then maybe alter the relevent textures instead. The way they're drawn now, they look like arrows pointing toward or away from a central receiver or transmitter (respectively), which looks confusing when you consider the current directions in the adjoining mesecons wires. If you look at [url=http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=19702#p19702"]my texture pack[/url], you'll see where I've drawn these with arrows to indicate current direction, with the central object acting like a transitter/receiver.
I ran into this issue, and it indeed is one of terminology. Having done a bit of research, I assumed that "plug" was generally accepted to mean "upstream", while "socket" was generally accepted to mean "downstream", even though both words can be used for both purposes interchangeably, according to my dictionary.

Essentially the names are incorrect either way; many people consider the current plugs and sockets to be named correctly. If you have another set of suggestions for the names, however, I'd be glad to hear them.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.