[Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.5] -- 2.6 approaching

viv100

by viv100 » Post

Sokomine wrote:
viv100 wrote: horse would be nice
Lern how to use Blender and do a model of a horse! Or perhaps rather that of a donkey. They're smaller than horses. And smaller animals can move better in the MT world than huge ones. Their movements also look more convincing (see chicken vs sheep vs cow). Donkeys, goats, squirrels, rabbits...all that would be great!

I do not know blender used

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Neuromancer wrote: The biggest problem is that while other animals spawn, I haven't had any fish spawn for me in the dev version. I have to pull them out of creative inventory every time. Is this a bug in the dev version or do I just need to wait a while longer for them to spawn than for other animals?
Hmmm I had that feeling too... I guess this means there's really a bug for fish ... I'll have a look what's wrong.

Why do you need horses? there are ostriches? ;-)
DON'T mention coding style!
(c) sapier all rights reserved

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

I also have real problems when I try to run the new dev version 2.3 with my game Eden viewtopic.php?id=7027

Terrain generation becomes unbearably slow. Then sometimes movement when I fly becomes completely unresponsive, and the game pretty much locks up. When I exit out, the game really doesn't exit, it just kind of hangs. I do see lots of messages, could not find a place to spawn mob.

I'm not sure what's happing. I was hoping to add this version to my game, but I can't when it acts like this. Is it possible that there are just too many things growing on the ground and it just causes problems with the 2.3 version of the mob framework? When I use the current version of the Mobf, everything works fine. Though I did remove Boom Bomb because it had a bug.
Last edited by Neuromancer on Thu Oct 24, 2013 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

viv100

by viv100 » Post

It's funny ostriches but it is a little worse than horses

by 2232 » Post

Hi,
I was wondering: what do you do with "Mean (not quite dead)"?
I've tried putting it in a furnace but nothing happened.
Please respond ASAP.
"I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun..."
-Shake Me Down by Cage The Elephant

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

neuromancer spawning mobs is quite a heavy task. best thing i could do by now was decoupling from mapgen. this is disabled by default as it may result in loss of mob spawns in some situations. what situations do i meen? e.g. if a server crashes prior a spawn job has been finished. in this case that area never will be spawned. in cas you shutdown a server regulary the shutdown is delayed until all jobs are done (usually some seconds)

2232 mobf isn't providing any recieps for postprocessing raw materials this is up to other mods.
btw you don't get dead meat from undead creatures

Jktu

by Jktu » Post

I have a problem with mob_bear.
It don't has any bear's models and textures.
So I have an error message during the game like Can't open bear texture

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

bear isn't finished yet, have to complete the bear model I got it's missing some things.

Just released 2.2.2 fixin issues for those not using factions mod with animals modpack
Last edited by sapier on Thu Nov 07, 2013 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

Silent-Hunter

by Silent-Hunter » Post

The animals don't move much. The chickens just kinda sit there, and don't really run away if you hit them.

Iqualfragile

by Iqualfragile » Post

Silent-Hunter wrote:The animals don't move much. The chickens just kinda sit there, and don't really run away if you hit them.
Your cpu might be overloaded, please check if your minetest version was compiled with luajit support which helps a lot in that case.
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

Azuna

by Azuna » Post

The Mobs wont show. i had to spawn in a lot of cows and stuff, and i hav enot seen a big red or a vombie. ive been lookin' for a looooong time XD
also, how to breed animals? i dunno how.
and when i right-click, it says faction and debug info

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Azuna wrote: The Mobs wont show. i had to spawn in a lot of cows and stuff, and i hav enot seen a big red or a vombie
By default, mobs are only spawned in new territory, so you have to explore regions of the map you havn't been to before.
Azuna wrote: also, how to breed animals? i dunno how.
For those animals that support it (e.g. cows, chicken, sheep, ..), place a barn filled with "food" (they eat leaves) close to the animals. When they wander around and find the food, they'll reproduce. It may take some time.
Azuna wrote: and when i right-click, it says faction and debug info
Yes, that's right, that prints debug information on the console. If you're not developing, just ignore it.
A list of my mods can be found here.

roguelikesesp

by roguelikesesp » Post

¿How much mobs we are talking? :3

Azuna

by Azuna » Post

Sokomine wrote: By default, mobs are only spawned in new territory, so you have to explore regions of the map you havn't been to before.

For those animals that support it (e.g. cows, chicken, sheep, ..), place a barn filled with "food" (they eat leaves) close to the animals. When they wander around and find the food, they'll reproduce. It may take some time.

Yes, that's right, that prints debug information on the console. If you're not developing, just ignore it.
Tank yoooou :3 btw this is Plum-chan :D

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

azuna if you want mobs to spawn in old areas to you can enable secondary spawning, but be warned this may cause performance issues

EDIT1:

I've just released Version 2.2.90 it's first prerelease for upcoming 2.3 release for minetest 0.4.8 so please test!
Last edited by sapier on Sun Nov 24, 2013 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

AspireMint has written some models (including animations) and textures for new animals. The integration into mobf isn't perfect yet - getting a swan to swim isn't easy, and some other aspects are not perfect yet either. If you like to test it, get the mobf_animals repro from github.

Rabbits come in brown, grey and white (good for snowy landscapes):
ImageImageImage

A donkey you can actually ride on:

Butterflies:

A swan:

A turtle (hides inside its shell if you attack it!):

Although the mobf versions are not perfect yet, they are already more convincing in "behaviour" and movement than the simple mobs versions.

Thanks to AspireMint for the fine models and to sapier for mobf!
Attachments
mobf_animals-master.zip
(351.35 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

Sokomine wrote:AspireMint has written some models (including animations) and textures for new animals. The integration into mobf isn't perfect yet - getting a swan to swim isn't easy, and some other aspects are not perfect yet either. If you like to test it, get the mobf_animals repro from github.

http://mg.viewskew.com/mgoblin_media/me ... t_grey.png

http://mg.viewskew.com/mgoblin_media/me ... donkey.png

Butterflies:
http://mg.viewskew.com/mgoblin_media/me ... terfly.png

A swan:
http://mg.viewskew.com/mgoblin_media/me ... l_swan.png

http://mg.viewskew.com/mgoblin_media/me ... turtle.png

Although the mobf versions are not perfect yet, they are already more convincing in "behaviour" and movement than the simple mobs versions.

A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Swan seems to have a bent neck however... I suggest correcting that especially if this is intended for default (otherwise it breaks the style).
Last edited by MirceaKitsune on Wed Nov 27, 2013 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

Tedypig
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear

by Tedypig » Post

I cant find craft recipies anywhere for most of the tool (like shears) anyone have a link to a readme with the recipies? Any help will do. Thanks in advance!

EDIT:Typos (lots if them)....damn small touchscreen buttons.. lmao..

PS:How can I make the chat shut up with the constant updates?
Last edited by Tedypig on Wed Nov 27, 2013 06:17, edited 1 time in total.
01010100 01100101 01100100 01111001 01110000 01101001 01100111

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

MirceaKitsune wrote:
Sokomine wrote:AspireMint has written some models (including animations) and textures for new animals. The integration into mobf isn't perfect yet - getting a swan to swim isn't easy, and some other aspects are not perfect yet either. If you like to test it, get the mobf_animals repro from github.

http://mg.viewskew.com/mgoblin_media/me ... t_grey.png

http://mg.viewskew.com/mgoblin_media/me ... donkey.png

Butterflies:
http://mg.viewskew.com/mgoblin_media/me ... terfly.png

A swan:
http://mg.viewskew.com/mgoblin_media/me ... l_swan.png

http://mg.viewskew.com/mgoblin_media/me ... turtle.png

A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Swan seems to have a bent neck however... I suggest correcting that especially if this is intended for default (otherwise it breaks the style).
This is beautiful. Absolutely, truly beautful. I support the new critters all the way.

Could some of the bunnies, butterflies, and turtles live in the caves underground like slimes do?

I think bumble bees would make for a good mob idea.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Tedypig wrote:I cant find craft recipies anywhere for most of the tool (like shears) anyone have a link to a readme with the recipies? Any help will do. Thanks in advance!
Look for the recipes in the init.lua in the folder/directory called 'animalmaterials'.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

How long does it take for the new animals to appear? I haven't found any yet.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

MirceaKitsune wrote: Swan seems to have a bent neck however... I suggest correcting that especially if this is intended for default (otherwise it breaks the style).
I don't quite get what you mean, and AspireMint seemed equally puzzled. Can you please describe what you're talking about in a diffrent way? Or show a drawing as a sample?
Inocudom wrote: Could some of the bunnies, butterflies, and turtles live in the caves underground like slimes do?
I don't think they ought to spawn there by default. Neither of those creatures lives in caves. Bunnies dig their own tunnels, but those are too small for players. If you want animals to spawn in caves, you can change it in your local version by adding further spawn algorithms. Or - which is perhaps easier - catch some animals on the surface with a lasso or net and place them in your underground garden :-)
Inocudom wrote: I think bumble bees would make for a good mob idea.
You have to convince someone with blender skills to do a bumble bee. At least it ought to be a pretty simple model. Getting it to fly in a convincing way may be more challenging.
Inocudom wrote: How long does it take for the new animals to appear? I haven't found any yet.
Without secondary spawning enabled, they appear only in newly generated regions. They're not especially rare there (about equal to the other animals).

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

Sokomine wrote:
MirceaKitsune wrote: Swan seems to have a bent neck however... I suggest correcting that especially if this is intended for default (otherwise it breaks the style).
I don't quite get what you mean, and AspireMint seemed equally puzzled. Can you please describe what you're talking about in a diffrent way? Or show a drawing as a sample?
Sorry about that. I meant that in the screenshot, I got the impression the swan has a bent neck. For the default style, I believe all models should be made of straight blocks only. Same thing Minecraft does... no mob contains any bent / round / cone body parts, everything's made of perfect blocks.

Tedypig
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear

by Tedypig » Post

Topywo wrote:Look for the recipes in the init.lua in the folder/directory called 'animalmaterials'.
I did that, there's only 3 recipes in there. I found 'barn' in it's folder, but I can't seem to find 'scissors', 'lasso' (I figured that one out myself), I'm not on my normal computer so I can't list all that I'm missing. I wish there was a screenshot style recipe section somewhere. I do have scissors now, but I had to make up a recipe for it. Sapier can you add a page or make a quick wiki on recipes? It sure would be helpful to newer users of your mod (and for people that don't understand Lua good enough to find it in the code). Thanks.
01010100 01100101 01100100 01111001 01110000 01101001 01100111

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

@tedypig I recommend reading lead post of this thread ;-)
https://github.com/sapier/animals_modpa ... umentation
I've already tried different ways to make people read documentation but haven't found a way that really works :-)

Release plan:
Friday Version 2.2.91
Sunday Version 2.3

plz do final tests to ensure mobf really does what it's intended to do.
Last edited by sapier on Thu Nov 28, 2013 22:56, edited 1 time in total.