[Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.5] -- 2.6 approaching

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

@4aiman
Your model is great and works ... but I'm sorry I can't use it. Its 2.6MB even in binary b3d format. I'll add it to mobf maybe anyone has an idea how to reduce its size

@all I've just released 1.9.15 this is last development release of 1.9.x series, next version to be released is 2.0-rc1 PLZ test this version in order to really get a stable release!
DON'T mention coding style!
(c) sapier all rights reserved

Aslanex
In-game: Aslanex

by Aslanex » Post

I'm probably doing something wrong, but no mob will spawn. I've checked all mobs in mobf_settings and when I place some mob from creative inventory, it works well.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Aslanex wrote:I'm probably doing something wrong, but no mob will spawn. I've checked all mobs in mobf_settings and when I place some mob from creative inventory, it works well.
I've just tried out 2.03 from the github (see post 1) on a minetest version 6af8a34 (from 23-01-2013, it's not the latest).

Animals spawned.

I didn't install animals for a while. New animals and new textures. Vombies that actually hurt me. A wolf/dog that bit and followed me. Looked really nice, not laggy, great work!

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Aslanex mobs are only spawned on mapgen unless you enable secondary spawning. Secondary spawning is available for some mobs only, but as it uses abm's to spawn mobs it's not recommended. You most likely will experience lag with it.
Last edited by sapier on Tue Jan 29, 2013 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

i've run into this problem: I spawn a trader on my server, fly off, come back and trader is gone! could you help me with that?

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

How much time was there between generation of the trader and your discovery of his disappearance? Sapier told me that there was a bug in older versions that led animals/mobs die of old age after two days. Maybe they where too successful as traders and went for a safer life elsewhere :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

well, not so much, really. i flied off to town which is about 200 blocks away and then when i get back he's gone.

UPD I updated the mod and seems that bug is gone. gonna test it for some more time.
Last edited by Mito551 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

J-Block

by J-Block » Post

Aslanex wrote:I'm probably doing something wrong, but no mob will spawn. I've checked all mobs in mobf_settings and when I place some mob from creative inventory, it works well.
I have this same problem.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

J-Block wrote:
I have this same problem.
As I've told mob's DO NOT SPAWN in ALREADY GENERATED worlds (at least not without user enabling secondary spawning.... and even then mobs will be limited in those areas)

@Mito551 have you tried logging out and in again? sometimes mobs are there but not shown because of your client being out of sync

J-Block

by J-Block » Post

Okay, sorry. How do you enable secondary spawning.

zoot686

by zoot686 » Post

(at least not without user enabling secondary spawning.... and even then mobs will be limited in those areas)
This might be a dumb question, but how do I do that, and other mobf commands for that matter?
Read through a few of the scripts and saw mention of them, and saw reference to using mobf_settings...........but no details exactly how to do that.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

You need a player with "mobf_admin" privilege. That player can call /mobf_settings press "Settings" button and make sure "Secondary spawning algorithm is enabled" is shown. After this restart minetest.

J-Block

by J-Block » Post

Okay, thanks. Also- when placing bad mobs, I believe one of them spawned inside the player again. It's not as extreme or often, though.

omarti05

by omarti05 » Post

good mod

socramazibi

by socramazibi » Post

Hello, I try to kill the animals and give only pushing, I'm not sure if I hurt or not.

Good mod, thanks

greetings
Forgive my English, but it is the translator of google.My Spanish.
My mod:
Pictures wool 1.0 3x5 , Charcoal+Textures , Map

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

socramazibi due to minetests damage system you need to punch ... wait a second ... punch again.
If you keep punching continously you won't do any damage

@omarti05 thanks
Last edited by sapier on Thu Jan 31, 2013 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

breinzter11

by breinzter11 » Post

sapier wrote:not all animals are 3d right now but per default those available in 3d should be 3d. At least if you don't have set config file options.
how to settting i can get 3d animals ?

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

@breinzter11 this quote is quite outdated all mobs are 3d for some time. You need to have a config parameter set to 2d mode in order to get 2d mobs.

breinzter11

by breinzter11 » Post

sapier wrote:@breinzter11 this quote is quite outdated all mobs are 3d for some time. You need to have a config parameter set to 2d mode in order to get 2d mobs.
i got error when try to install 2.0.2
15:35:21: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...inetest\animals_modpack-
2.0.2\mobf_settings\init.lua:38: attempt to call field 'settings_save' (a nil va
lue)
15:35:21: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
In trans_func.
Access violation at 00F80000 write?=8 address=16252928
15:35:21: ERROR[main]: Some exception: "Access violation"

how to fix it . . . .

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

@breinzter11 you've got an outdated minetest version try latest git...
If you have to use that minetest version delete the subfolder mobf_settings ... but you won't be able to change settings per gui if you do this.
I stronly recommend updating to mobf 2.0.3 too as there's a crash fixed with this version

BZab

by BZab » Post

1 Bug -> When i use bed and wake up vombies are still alive...
2. Can sb give craft/use list for items from this mod?
@Down in first post is link to download 2.0.4...
Last edited by BZab on Mon Feb 04, 2013 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

Why does the topic have 2.0.4?
When no update was announced
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

@Chinchow
updates aren't announced everytime especialy if it's a non crash bugfix only. Just check version number in first post.

@BZab
1. it's not a bug in mobf there would be a way to exchange information between bed mod and mobf. As there isn't a single bed mod put at least two I don't intend to run behind them.
2. have a look at first post there's a screenshot of all craftable items and their recieps

I suggest creating a leatherworking mod to become a reciep for saddle too. Maybe I'll make trader sell saddles for 2.1.

BZab

by BZab » Post

@up I use both (papirus, and PilzAdam's mods for beds)
@Ad.2 I looked at first post, but they are only FEW items, not all ;)

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

@BZab
To make bed mod work bed mod would have to check all active objects if those are mobs and issue a cleanup command on those that are sun sensitive. Assuming that there may be quite a lot mobs around this may introduce lag.
Currently vombies will die soon after sun has risen. If a former unloaded mapblock is loaded and it's daytime sun sensitive mobs within it won't spawn. I can't do much more to avoid inconvenience on daytime switch.

Everything that can be crafted is in first post. If you find any craftable Item not included in first post plz tell me ;-)

I don't call collected mobs "items" nevertheless you may have it in inventory. There are items defined automaticaly for any mob enabled even for those you can't collect. I've added a list of included mods, this doesn't tell exactly what items are in but it's a starting point.

As ppl may enable, disable or even delete single mods/mobs from mobf I don't see any use in wasting time for creating a list that will be outdated most of time. Maybe I'll add a autogenerated list to mobf_settings some time but that's a feature enhancement for later times.

Edit1:
There's an additional class of items I haven't thought of by now as those are not mobf items but animalmaterials. As animalmaterials mod is included within animals modpack this may be a little bit missleading. There once was a separate thread for animalmaterials. Too many ppl didn't read lead post at all and did complain about mobf not working.
Last edited by sapier on Wed Feb 06, 2013 18:23, edited 1 time in total.