[Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.5] -- 2.6 approaching

Iqualfragile

by Iqualfragile » Post

sapier wrote: 10) velocity based follow movgen (what you call butter creeper) ... I'll have a look at it but still changing speed at once doesn't seem to be right in my oppinion ... it's the easyest solution true, but there has to be a way to do it acceleration based too. But of course I have to admit follow movementgen isn't quite as good as it should be.
well, but giving an initial velocity to the object sounds about right as most animals are able to perform some kind of jump
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Iqualfragile I haven't seen any object ever break laws of inertion ;-)

Velocity based movement either requres lots of cpu power or will be some sort of "cracky" as you need 24 checks per second to get a smooth movement. Of course as orientation isn't updated that often it'll not make a difference that huge. But that's one of my next core improvements ... update orientation based uppon movement.

Another question did anyone test if velocity based movement really is less cpu consuming?
I've done some tracing and profiling runs, movement never has been a task even near to most cpu consuming spawning code.

And does it really give better results after parameter tweaking for accel based one?

I'm not willing to replace a (in my opinion) far more realistic concept to avoid a already fixed bug in core just because this fix isn't merged for whatever reason ;-)

Still as velocity based movement gen is already included in mobf. You may change behaviour of mobs with next to no effort on your own. Just exchanges movement gen names.
DON'T mention coding style!
(c) sapier all rights reserved

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

I'd need some help with models for mobs ... especially clownfish will be lots of work to do as 3d model ... after it took a complete day to create fish_blue_white textiure most likely clownfish won't be done anytime soon if noone helps :-(

so all who like this plz help!

If you choose to do a model plz comment here!

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

@sapier

I uploaded my version of roof mod here. I hope it'll help.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

@Ragnarok
I've just checked against latest version of mobf seems I've already fixed this bug. If it's still there for you please tell me what you do to trigger it. Thanks for your bugreport.

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

Yep, it still exist. I just start server and Minetest crashes. I compiled newest version of Minetest but without any effect. I have no idea what is wrong :|

Code: Select all

08:45:31: ACTION[main]: [CraftGuide] registered craft for - roof:tile_rose
08:45:31: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
08:45:31: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from 
08:45:31: ERROR[main]: /home/radek/.minetest/mods/minetest/roof/init.lua:
08:45:31: ERROR[main]: /usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/deprecated.lua:7: attempt to call field 'traceback' (a nil value)
08:45:31: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
08:45:31: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/radek/.minetest/mods/minetest/roof/init.lua
08:45:31: INFO[main]: BanManager: saving to /home/radek/.minetest/worlds/NewWorldOrder/ipban.txt
08:45:31: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/radek/.minetest/mods/minetest/roof/init.lua

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Ragnarok wrote:Yep, it still exist. I just start server and Minetest crashes. I compiled newest version of Minetest but without any effect. I have no idea what is wrong :|

Code: Select all

08:45:31: ACTION[main]: [CraftGuide] registered craft for - roof:tile_rose
08:45:31: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
08:45:31: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from 
08:45:31: ERROR[main]: /home/radek/.minetest/mods/minetest/roof/init.lua:
08:45:31: ERROR[main]: /usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/deprecated.lua:7: attempt to call field 'traceback' (a nil value)
08:45:31: ERROR[main]: =======END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
08:45:31: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/radek/.minetest/mods/minetest/roof/init.lua
08:45:31: INFO[main]: BanManager: saving to /home/radek/.minetest/worlds/NewWorldOrder/ipban.txt
08:45:31: ERROR[main]: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/radek/.minetest/mods/minetest/roof/init.lua
The roof(s) mod still uses digprop. Try replacing the glasslike digprop in the init.lua with the glass group from default and the dirtlike digprop with the dirt group from default.

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

Thanks a lot Topywo :) It's working! Beer to you

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

hmm I wonder why it didn't crash for me?

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

@4aiman
I've tried to add your model but after conversion to b3d and importing to mt I've been missing all textures. DM was invisible therefor. I assume you need to create a uv texture to make it visible.

@all
Starting from 1.9.12, official release zip won't contain blender models and xcf texture base files. Package was to big with everything included. If you need it you'll have to clone git repository.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

sapier wrote:hmm I wonder why it didn't crash for me?
I guess because Ragnarok uploaded version v 0.5 and uses v. 0.0.1-rtmmp.

The v 0.5 version has both material and groups in the registering. Seems that in that case the digprop doesn't generate an error.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

sapier wrote:I've tried to add your model but after conversion to b3d and importing to mt I've been missing all textures. DM was invisible therefor. I assume you need to create a uv texture to make it visible.
Ok, I'll make UV unwrap and post a link here ;)
Also, please, could you take a look at this would-be-mod of mine: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4420&p=3
I need help with exporting models to without loosing animations.

aximx51v

by aximx51v » Post

I got excited when i saw that the ostrich had been added, but i installed the new version and i can't place the ostrich; i get an error on placing it. :P

also, when i was using mobf 1.9.11 i had installed also the mobf settings mod. when i install mobf 1.9.12, the mobf settings doesn't show up in the menu anymore.
i noticed that mobf settings is included in 1.9.12, but even if i removed the old mobf settings mod, i didn't get the menu.
how should i install this new mobf, so there's no mod conflicts?

another thing, i can't place a tamed wolf. terminal says it gets removed because it doesn't belong to a player. even if i catch the wolf, i place it and it disappears. has the tamed wolf been fully implemented yet?

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

as inventory plus is discontinued mobf settings now is only available per command line /mobf_settings

I'll have a look what's wrong with ostriches I didn't change anything on purpose since adding them some days ago.
EDIT1: There's a bug with ostrich_f they don't work, ostrich_m is not affected. I'll fix this in git.

tamed_wolfs are implemented there's a security check doing to much :-/ I'll fix it
Last edited by sapier on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:09, edited 1 time in total.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Released 1.9.13 ... its primary a bugfix release but contains gull 3d which has been done in between too.

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

Does ostrich legs shouldn't bend other way? Looks like human legs. Little scarry.

aximx51v

by aximx51v » Post

sapier wrote:as inventory plus is discontinued mobf settings now is only available per command line /mobf_settings

I'll have a look what's wrong with ostriches I didn't change anything on purpose since adding them some days ago.
EDIT1: There's a bug with ostrich_f they don't work, ostrich_m is not affected. I'll fix this in git.

tamed_wolfs are implemented there's a security check doing to much :-/ I'll fix it
works now! :D thanks!
um, is it just me, or does the DM disappear after firing his first fireball?

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

DM will die very soon in sunlight maybe this is just enough time to fire a single fireball. Do you spawn DM's in sunlight?

aximx51v

by aximx51v » Post

sapier wrote:DM will die very soon in sunlight maybe this is just enough time to fire a single fireball. Do you spawn DM's in sunlight?
I spawned one underground in the dark. it hurt me and promptly disappeared.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

I'll have a look what's wrong with it.

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

I thought that there's no need in UV unwrap and made this as simple as this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39772195/mt%20s ... mobf/DM.7z
Will that do?

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

how do i use the saddle
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:how do i use the saddle
rightclick ostrich with saddle in hand.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

can you make the ostrich be able to climb up stairs when ridden on
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Hmm interesting problem ... I'll have a look at it but I don't have an idea how to do that.