[Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.5] -- 2.6 approaching

sapier
Developer

Re: [Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.4]

by sapier » Post

Some mobs are spawnet by secondary spawning but I'd not guarantee it's still working, spawning was completely redone with adv_spawning transition
regeneration of spawns doesn't work yet I still haven't found a really good solution to do it but I hope to find some way till 2.5.

cocoto
In-game: cocoto

by cocoto » Post

I don't understand how to configure factions for NPC. When I right-click on a Guard / Archer I just see the ShowDebug, SelectPath and "Heal" buttons. Is there any requirement to obtain this menu ?

I've the last version of the mod (including dependencies) and all privileges.
Didn't find a corresponding problem on the forum/github.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

cocoto you have to enter /mobf as chat message to open mobf control panel, there's a tab "factions"
... only in case you have factions installed of course, if you don't see the factions tab there, you won't see it on rightclick menu too.

cocoto
In-game: cocoto

by cocoto » Post

sapier wrote:cocoto you have to enter /mobf as chat message to open mobf control panel, there's a tab "factions"
... only in case you have factions installed of course, if you don't see the factions tab there, you won't see it on rightclick menu too.
I already have the factions tab, and I can easily add/change a faction.
Console commands for factions (invite create...) work well also.

PS : If you want more debug/informations do not hesitate to give me their location.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

I guess I found it, there seems to be a bug about mobs rightclick menu being initialized to early. Prior setting who is spawner, thus you don't see the factions button right after spawning.
I'll fix it as soon as possible.
There are two workarounds for this issue, walk away from the mob till it's unloaded and get back, or log out and in again.

lotek
GitHub: LotekHeavy
IRC: lotek
In-game: lotek

by lotek » Post

sapier wrote:Some mobs are spawnet by secondary spawning but I'd not guarantee it's still working, spawning was completely redone with adv_spawning transition
regeneration of spawns doesn't work yet I still haven't found a really good solution to do it but I hope to find some way till 2.5.
I disabled secondary spawning and use the new

Code: Select all

adv_spawning_validate_spawners = true
and first it was spawning vombis and animals... (~50, or more). after a few days later I got nearly zero vombis. but what I saw is that in my offline mobs goes up and up (around 1500 now). any idea how to fix it?
----
Mine Heavy
http://mine.heavy.ch

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

lotek I just discovered that bug while developing 2.5 too I'm gonna backport the fix to stable version soon.

Edit:
I just released 2.4.2 could you please try it and give feedback if this fix completely solves the issue?

@ALL animals modpack 2.4.90 is a preview version only, don't use it in production environment!
Main features:
-lots of new sounds creating way more dense atmosphere
-added ghost (based uppon creatures ghost)

Sunfirel
IRC: Sunfirel
In-game: Sunfirel

by Sunfirel » Post

In my opinion, this is the best mobs mod to Minetest. There are so many mobs, traders and other cool stuff. Anyway, there should be an infinite spawn egg or something similar to quickly spawn many mobs in creative. Also, the textures are not as good as kpgmobs or simplemobs ones.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

Thanks Sunfriel for your feedback.
Yes I know about my limited capabilities to create good models and textures, if someone feels like being able to help, you're welcome.

As there are quite some mobs within amp it's already about 10mb in size. That's reason why I try to avoid .x models in favor of b3d models. B3d is up to factor 10 smaller then .x, especially if there are animations in it. There's a good b3d exporter for blender. It's a little bit hard to find, but google will help. If someone doesn't want to do this work I'll just do it for you if you provide blender files ;-).

lotek
GitHub: LotekHeavy
IRC: lotek
In-game: lotek

by lotek » Post

sapier; if I would like to running your latest "beta" code together with a few players.. should I still run animals_modpack together with the adv_spawning or should I install mobf_core, animalmaterials, adv_spawning and not using the modpack anymore?

btw. many thanks for ur great mod, we love monsters (you could make a few of this too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ARymkQa1c haha!)
----
Mine Heavy
http://mine.heavy.ch

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

To test it with other players I suggest starting with my prerelease version as I do test at least the basic things prior packaging it ... and it's way more small too as my release script automaticaly removes things like raw images, blender files and things like that.
I will keep releasing the modpack as it shows full power of mobf, the split was primary done to make clear most of code isn't really "needed" to create a single mob. The basic things are almost lightweight ;-)

Case there are critical bugs in a prerelease you can still update the specific part to latest git version.

Well if you provide skins or models I can do the suggested monsters too ;-)

SAMIAMNOT
In-game: notanewbie

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

How come Vombies and NPCs can't/ won't jump? Mine are all stuck on the seashore.
I test mines.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

The topic linked to below has a .zip file that contains sound effects that might be suitable for monsters:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10013

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

thanks, I'm always looking for good sounds!

balthazariv

by balthazariv » Post

"Mobf failed to swap old conf file to new one"

I have delete mobf_settings.conf.new and mobf_settings.conf in my world repertory but i have always this message.

Should we delete something special ?

SAMIAMNOT
In-game: notanewbie

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

Mod worked fine but then I got some sort of error saying that there was an error generating some kind of clump. Now some objects from the mod show up (Vombies, BoomBooms) but other things dont show up, like NPCs. Are there dependencies that some mobs depend on but not others? What kind of thing would cause this kind of error.
I test mines.

ken

by ken » Post

After killing a shark, I get an Unknown Item in my inventory. The animalmaterials/textures folder doesn't have any shark items... so they must just not be added yet?

After looking at the animalmaterials/init.lua file, I guess something like this would work, copied from other fish code:

Code: Select all

minetest.register_craftitem("animalmaterials:fish_shark", {
	description = S("Fish (shark)"),
	image = "animalmaterials_meat_raw.png",
	on_use = minetest.item_eat(1),
	groups = { meat=1, eatable=1 },
	stack_max=25
})

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

@ken: The shark's randomly droppings should be registered in animalmaterials, but aren't (yet?).

GrimLok
GitHub: TheRealGrimLok
IRC: GrimLok
In-game: GrimLok

by GrimLok » Post

Hello all. I am completely new to the Minetest community and seem to be having trouble with this mobf mod. I have installed it using the mod repository in-game and also manually, and don't seem to be seeing any mobs. Is there a step I am missing? Forgive me for being a dolt, but this is incredibly different. Thank you.

balthazariv

by balthazariv » Post

balthazariv wrote:"Mobf failed to swap old conf file to new one"

I have delete mobf_settings.conf.new and mobf_settings.conf in my world repertory but i have always this message.

Should we delete something special ?
nobody has any idea on this message ?

deivan

by deivan » Post

I removed this mod from my game... Extreme CPU usage, but is working some days before I upgrade it from the git. :-/

GrimLok
GitHub: TheRealGrimLok
IRC: GrimLok
In-game: GrimLok

by GrimLok » Post

Ok, I figured out the mod situation, you have to 'configure' it for your map and enable it. Now though, I am getting this type of error:

Irrlicht log: Unsupported texture format
19:27:05: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "mob_slime_slime_L_item.png" while building texture
19:27:05: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "mob_slime_slime_L_item.png"
19:27:05: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "mob_slime_slime_M_item.png" while building texture
19:27:05: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "mob_slime_slime_M_item.png"
19:27:05: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "mob_slime_slime_S_item.png" while building texture
19:27:05: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "mob_slime_slime_S_item.png"

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
GrimLok

FYI: I have this installed on Trisquel GNU/Linux if that helps any.

MihalyK
IRC: Voronwe

by MihalyK » Post

Hello everyone, I have only just started playing around with minetest, but I really must love this game, because after I set up my server I have spent two weeks in a row staying up ALL NIGHT trying things, mining, flying around and just generally losing sleep!!

I think I managed to get a couple of decent Worlds created, I'm just running a local server for the time being.

I tried a few mods, and lately I just started running with the animals Modpack, but I also get this error regarding "failed to swap old conf file to new one"

So I was wondering whether it might be to do with the fact that I happily had the jkanimals mod working beforehand, and perhaps it's to do with trying to run two "animals" mods that might be incompatible?

I am only slowly getting the hang of things, but it is frustrating to have errors that I can't work out how to fix. I did try disabling some of the other mods, but I wonder which ones can be run simultaneously. Don't some also "depend" on others?

This modpack sometimes makes reference to "initlib?" as a dependency, but I can't find where is initlib if it is a required mod?

I hope that somebody can help me, I only have noticed one other person with this specific issue, so I guess it might be related to my own setup. So I'll mention for the sake of clarity that I had both 0.4.9 and 0.4.10 versions of the client server package, I believe these were the ones that are "vanilla" minetest, running 64bit of 0.4.10 with mods jkmod (farming, animals, etc.) and now animals modpack 2.4.2 with mobf and creatures as well. I feel sure that there is likely some form of conflict between these perhaps.

I understand that this is an early release, so I would expect bugs and also with modpack additions it gets even more complex.

I also get occasional errors of other types, but this one about the config file is often cropping up at times when I move from one area to another where a new creature is spawned.... so I feel likely that it's perhaps related to something I have missed or am trying to run two incompatible mods.

Perhaps it's because I feel like I spent time building that I am reluctant to completely startover, but maybe that's what I need to do? setup whichever mods I want to run then generate the new world from scratch?

I appreciate the work you modders do, and if I can help by noticing various things, i'm happy to do so, or even just log on to the forums from time to time. So anyway, hello again, and any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

MihalyK
IRC: Voronwe

by MihalyK » Post

GrimLok wrote:Ok, I figured out the mod situation, you have to 'configure' it for your map and enable it. Now though, I am getting this type of error:

19:27:05: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "mob_slime_slime_L_item.png" while building texture
19:27:05: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "mob_slime_slime_L_item.png"
19:27:05: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "mob_slime_slime_M_item.png" while building texture
19:27:05: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "mob_slime_slime_M_item.png"
19:27:05: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "mob_slime_slime_S_item.png" while building texture
19:27:05: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "mob_slime_slime_S_item.png"

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
GrimLok

FYI: I have this installed on Trisquel GNU/Linux if that helps any.
Just a humble suggestion, but I also get this message and I believe it has to do with the lack of there actually being such images in the modpack - several items don't have images provided yet, I am guessing that they may appear in later updates of the modpack.

At least as far as I know. I get similar messages for several entities if I look them up in the creative mode so I just imagine that noone has created these graphics yet. If I am wrong, thats fine, and if I am right, it might be possible to try generating your own graphics in the proper format and perhaps even upload them for consideration to be included in further updates. Remember that these things are all being developed further, so maybe some things still need doing, although I admit I only glance at the readme files, and maybe there needs to be a "to-do.txt" file?

cheers anyway.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

MihalyK wrote: This modpack sometimes makes reference to "initlib?" as a dependency, but I can't find where is initlib if it is a required mod?
The mods in a dependency.txt file having a question mark (?) are optional dependencies. When you have the optional mod installed (configured/checked in the MT menu) it can be used by the (main)mod. I couldn't find that quick the initlib mod. Maybe it is hidden somewhere in the animals_modpack or something still "to-do".

For playing minetest in general, I personally prefer to use (one of the latest development versions and not a stable version. Most of the times those are better and some mods are developed or updated in a way that only a recent developed version of minetest can run them. So this sometimes solves problems with a mod.

About the errors in the modpack 2.4.2. You might consider using the not stable 2.4.90 or, as a third alternative, sapier's GitHub version of the animals modpack*

*I noticed some mods of that modpack are also seperate on GitHub and might be more up to date than the ones in the modpack, so you might also want to replace those.

Maybe not much of a help but this modpack is one of the biggest and complicated here on minetest. And one that is awesome when running with not too much errors. Also, welcome to minetest!