[Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.5] -- 2.6 approaching

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

Re: [Modpack] Animals Modpack [2.4]

by Xanthin » Post

Oh, Intllib viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4929
is a mod by kaeza that lets you translate other mods into your language (and the one to get me started to look in files :D) Unfortunately its not suitable for multiple translations at the same time, like you have it at a server and every client gets the needed language. It only depends on the server language and you will only get this language, as far as I understanded
This modpack has currently only the german translations and the templates for other translations I made.
So, how Topywo said it is optional and if you only want English it is even unnecessary. :)

SAMIAMNOT
In-game: notanewbie

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

Why arent there real normal NPCs? The NPC mob looks like a zombie in a suit.
I test mines.

bjrohan
IRC: bjrohan

by bjrohan » Post

I am having issues with this mod. I have used git to clone this repo, as well as the adv_spawn. When I enable this mod (and adv_spawn) in the single player config, and start Minetest I get the following in debug:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/8448700/

Any suggestions how to remedy this?

Thank you!

MTDad

by MTDad » Post

First off, great Mod Sapier, this is one of the first my kids and I HAD to have.

With 2.4.2 and minetest 0.4.10, using and item with "replace_with_item" will bring down the server with;
"09:34:32: ERROR[main]: ServerError: /home/otto/.minetest/mods/animals/mobf/fighting.lua:1389: attempt to call method 'get_name' (a nil value)"

After puzzling over that section of code for a while I tried commenting out ":get_name()" and now it works. I can drink a bottle of honey without killing the server, and use a bottle of honey to heal a cow, and still get the bottle back.

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

I made a world and after a while I enabled Animals Modpack. why wont Vombies spawn?
I test mines.

sapier
Developer

by sapier » Post

bjrohan: I assume you did disable 3d mode by either clicking the checkbox or setting mobf_disable_3d_mode to true in mobf settings. Slime mob doesn't support 2d mode, you should either disable or delete it if you want to use 2d mode. I'll fix this to be handled more gracefully in a following version.

MTDad: I'm not sure what's happening for you, but I guess if you create a new world with this modification healing wont give back the bottle any longer. What mod provides the honey bottle?

SAMIAMNOT: What Animals modpack version and adv_spawning versions do you use? Try updating adv_spawning to latest version it's supposed to work with animals modpack 2.4 too.
Edit1: The only npc spawned automaticaly is a trader.

MTDad

by MTDad » Post

sapier, the honey bottle comes from the bees and beekeepers mod. The bug happens with any replace_with_item, item I've tried. The hot coffee cup from farming redo brings the same error.

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

Ooooh... I did not get any over version of the spawner. I will try it. Thing is though I built a world where I am building an NPC hotel and there are vombies outside waiting to devour anybody that leaves.
I test mines.

iperpido
In-game: Iperpido

by iperpido » Post

I had a very strange bug using the Animals Modpack + Vanessa's plantlife modpack --> viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3898 .
When i try to use the the shears on a wounded animal (from mobf/animals modpack) , i see a menu with 2 buttons: "debuginfo" and "heal".
If i press "debuginfo" nothing happens, if i press "heal", the server crashes.
here's the log:

Code: Select all

01:22:28: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: .../user/.minetest/mods/animals_modpack/mobf/fighting.lua:1315: attempt to index field 'healdb' (a nil value)
01:22:28: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
01:22:28: ERROR[main]:  .../user/.minetest/mods/animals_modpack/mobf/fighting.lua:1315: in function 'callback'
01:22:28: ERROR[main]:  /home/user/.minetest/mods/animals_modpack/mobf/mobf.lua:855: in function </home/user/.minetest/mods/animals_modpack/mobf/mobf.lua:837>
01:22:28: ERROR[main]:  /usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:348: in function </usr/share/games/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:336>
Any ideas?

MTDad

by MTDad » Post

Anybody out there that knows how/is willing to fix the textures in the mobf_animals addon modpack for this mod?

https://github.com/Sokomine/mobf_animals

I really like the extra animals, but detest how it spams my log with irrlicht errors.
If somebody can do that I'm fairly certain I can fork the repo and update it to advanced spawning. Hopefully sokomine is ok with that, I see no licensing info.

SAMIAMNOT

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

If and when i get time ill work on it and upload it.
I test mines.

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Post

Hello
everytime I start minetest 0.4.10 latest github
I get the following error
animals_modpack 2.4.90

Code: Select all

14:42:14: ACTION[main]: MOD: mobf loading ...
14:42:14: ACTION[main]:         registering pattern dont_move
14:42:14: ACTION[main]:         registering pattern run_and_jump_low
14:42:14: ACTION[main]:         registering pattern stop_and_go
14:42:14: ACTION[main]:         registering pattern swim_pattern1
14:42:14: ACTION[main]:         registering pattern swim_pattern2
14:42:14: ACTION[main]:         registering pattern flight_pattern1
14:42:14: ACTION[main]: MOD: mob framework mod 2.4.90 loaded
14:42:14: ACTION[main]: MOD: mobf_settings mod           version 1.9.0 loaded
14:42:14: ACTION[main]: MOD: Loading mob_environments mod ...
14:42:14: ACTION[main]: MOD: mob_environments mod 0.0.1 loaded.
14:42:14: ACTION[main]: MOD: mob_guard mod loading ...
14:42:14: ACTION[main]:         adding mob guard
14:42:14: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
14:42:14: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from 
14:42:14: ERROR[main]: /home/minetest/.minetest/mods/animals_modpack/mob_guard/init.lua:
14:42:14: ERROR[main]: /home/minetest/.minetest/mods/animals_modpack/mobf/mobf.lua:960: attempt to index field 'spawning' (a nil value)
14:42:14: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
14:42:14: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run /home/minetest/.minetest/mods/animals_modpack/mob_guard/init.lua
14:42:14: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ModError: Failed to load and run /home/minetest/.minetest/mods/animals_modpack/mob_guard/init.lua
How can I make it work?
Thanks,
JPR

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

JPRuehmann wrote: How can I make it work?
Since the error message mentioned a variable named spawning, you might try to install the adv_spawning mod (ought to be linked in the initial posting somewhere). If that doesn't help, try to update your version of the mod and your MT version to latest git. If that still doesn't help, more debugging might be required.
A list of my mods can be found here.

MihalyK
IRC: Voronwe

by MihalyK » Post

hi and thanks for the reply.
I actually have stopped running the server locally for the time being, think I have left it too long to recall whether I wanted to just start over and create it again, I also am not sure so I downloaded the latest versions of the mods, but I am still unsure about whether I need to turn off some mods which may be conflicting. Was that what it was? Running PilzAdams Simple Mob as well as This animals Mob I think is a clash, isn't it?

Anyway, I intend at some point to get back to setting it up, but I found I was always having to run around collecting my bones because I would die trying to find diamond ore and running into those horrible killing things.

It was taking away from the enjoyment of the game, actually.

I am sure I just need to either set up to run only either simple or the animal mobs, and probably maybe even use the in-game menu to tweak it slightly, and I just have been otherwise busy to get lost in the world again (I also kept getting completely lost and then bythe time I found myself again, I'd have forgotten what it was I was originally working on.

Perhaps I should just plough ahead with vanilla, or get better at understanding what the various config settings are supposed to be, or might I have placed the mods in the wrong folder?

Also I am running 0.4.9 (32bit) AND 0.4.10 (64bit) now in seperate subdirs, so some mods will work and others perhaps not.

Does anyone know for sure which mods actually conflict and whether there are things I might look at specifically in case I misconfigured my server?

Thanks for any replies.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

MihalyK wrote: I actually have stopped running the server locally for the time being, think I have left it too long to recall whether I wanted to just start over and create it again, I also am not sure so I downloaded the latest versions of the mods, but I am still unsure about whether I need to turn off some mods which may be conflicting. Was that what it was? Running PilzAdams Simple Mob as well as This animals Mob I think is a clash, isn't it?
Doesn't have to be a clash. There'll just be diffrent types of mobs running around, and they'll behave diffrently. It may seem inconsistent (as the two mods are diffrent), but it's not a conflict on a technical level.
MihalyK wrote: Anyway, I intend at some point to get back to setting it up, but I found I was always having to run around collecting my bones because I would die trying to find diamond ore and running into those horrible killing things.

It was taking away from the enjoyment of the game, actually.
The goal is to get a game that you may enjoy. If some of the mobs are in the way - eliminate them :-) Exterminate their species! In your game, you can do that, and no electrons will be harmed :-)
It might be that having two mob mods installed doubles the chance of aggressive mobs. From your tales, it might be the dungeon masters which are trying to kill you. Both mods have them, and they're both dangerous. They throw fireballs. There's also the Big Red in mobf, which is also a pretty aggressive and strong mob. And then there are the vombies, whose main ability is to spam your world and swarm around.
MihalyK wrote: I am sure I just need to either set up to run only either simple or the animal mobs, and probably maybe even use the in-game menu to tweak it slightly, and I just have been otherwise busy to get lost in the world again (I also kept getting completely lost and then bythe time I found myself again, I'd have forgotten what it was I was originally working on.
Use the /sethome command. Other teleportation mods (i.e. my travelnet mod) might also help.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

MihalyK wrote: Does anyone know for sure which mods actually conflict and whether there are things I might look at specifically in case I misconfigured my server?
Copy/pasted and slightly changed, from an older post of me:

Games > modpacks > mods:
- when a mod is present under minetest/games (dark-blue) and under minetest/mods the one under minetest/mods will be taken (override the one from minetest/games).
- when a mod is present under minetest/games (dark-blue) and under minetest/mods, but in a modpack, the one under minetest/games will be taken (override the one from minetest/mods that's in a modpack).

There are more variations possible (giving headaches), so just only put in your mods folder the mods you actually are planning to use. For 'stocking' your collection of mods just create a directory/folder somewhere else on your computer.

Edit: In this context I mean mods with the same name, not mods with different names, creating the same block/creature etc.

bbaez

by bbaez » Post

Hi!,

Great mod, but wanted chime in I got the same error MTDad was getting:

With 2.4.2 and minetest 0.4.10, using and item with "replace_with_item" will bring down the server with;
"09:34:32: ERROR[main]: ServerError: /home/otto/.minetest/mods/animals/mobf/fighting.lua:1389: attempt to call method 'get_name' (a nil value)"

Is commenting out the best solution? I encountered the error using Eden game and using a bottle from the bees mod.

Thanks!

stormchaser3000
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

that mod is extremly buggy and i don't seggest using it

bbaez

by bbaez » Post

"Extermely buggy" Nice pun on the bees mod :) I updated to version 3.0 of the bees mod and will see what happens. Supposedly any item that gives you back an empty container crashes the server. I'll see what happens, but since kids seem to really like the bees mod I'll just do the commenting of line 1389 if I have to.

Thanks for the opinion stormchaser3000

bbaez

by bbaez » Post

Regarding the error below, it seems that problem was actually with the HUD mod (probably the hunger portion). I upgraded it from 0.5 that comes with the Eden Game to the newest version and the problem hasn't occurred when we tried to replicate it. My son and daughter are 7 and 8, so I am not sure if they are really doing the same series of events but they believe they are.

gumangel
In-game: LaA

by gumangel » Post

if u dont see the items to spawn animals in ur inventory try to remove "animal materials"(only if u downloaded "animal materials" alone,if u didnt, then DONT delete the file inside the mod).can anyone tell me if they spawn automaticaly? or i can use command block to set them to spawn animals around the world? beside this,this mod is amazing!

MihalyK
IRC: Voronwe

by MihalyK » Post

You know I am sure I discovered a horse cantering across the desert.
I'm very impressed ;)

As far as I have gone with it, v0.4.11 seems to be a great improvement.

I still have an error about mobf server saying it can't write the new conf
from the old conf file, not sure why but allowing permissions on the file
had no effect, still get that error mesg.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks for your efforts, I love this game. :)

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

What's up with those screenshots?
Grailtest is stirring ...

cavedweller

by cavedweller » Post

Seems like the site "http://animalsmod.bplaced.net/" has lapsed, or maybe the author is moving to a different one?

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

I suspect Sapier has been too busy with core engine issues.
Grailtest is stirring ...